Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,996 members, 7,799,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano (84266 Views)

I Want To Set Up A Pig Farm In Nigeria. I Need Help To Start Up / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) / How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Reference(m): 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
meccuno:
how can one be crazy about pork disgusting animal

Not true. They are one of the cleanest animals. Commercial pigs are so sensitive to dirt it has become almost impossible to raise them in commercial quantities in Africa these days except genetic engineering is performed using virus resistant DNA from wild boars. Such farms like the presented simply cannot be done again.

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Gloria3389(f): 7:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
like seriously? ..."world's largest? "
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Mike008(m): 8:01pm On Mar 23, 2016
Just 2 pictures? sad
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by bigfather(m): 8:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
jam04:
But Op I thought the general believe is that hausas(muslims) don't like pigs. How come they allowed such farm exist in such popular city like Kano?

Same question on my mind !
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by femu(m): 8:22pm On Mar 23, 2016
meccuno:
how can one be crazy about pork disgusting animal

Pigs are absolutely neat and lovely animals.

I advise you to visit a modern farm and see how we produce and process pork

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by stubbornman(m): 8:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
femu:

grin together we can make Nigeria Great again
everyday I ask God for direction I believe dis country can be great again
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by femu(m): 8:39pm On Mar 23, 2016
delicious pork

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by femu(m): 8:46pm On Mar 23, 2016
The largest open market for pigs in West Africa is in kafanchan kaduna.

Modern pigs are neat, dewormed and shower daily.

Modern Pigs don't roam around, they are housed amd fed maize and soya daily.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by holywota: 8:51pm On Mar 23, 2016
Wait wait wait! is dat not the prodigal son among de pigs........i tink say ihm done go back 2ihm papa.
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by femu(m): 9:02pm On Mar 23, 2016
how can you resist this...... so delicious

2 Likes

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Mekurexx: 9:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
Once existed angry The real problem of this country is MAINTENANCE & SUSTAINABILITY. From Failed Railways, to a crashed National airline and now an agricultural farm that was a hit back then! embarassed

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by naijaking1: 9:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
The World, s largest pig far is not in NC or IA, but in Kano, the same city with the world's largest lake, tallest building, longest highway, and largest number of people who think through their a,, ss-
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Arewa12: 9:35pm On Mar 23, 2016
Buh dis aboki guys dont eat pig
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Jessam: 9:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
femu:
Oh yes! Right here in Nigeria, the largest pig farm in the world once existed in the core Muslim Northern city of Kano.

That was when Nigeria was lovey dovey and we all tolerated one another.

The farm was started in 1943 by a Lebanese, Kalil Maroun founder of K.Maroun and Co a popular Pork Farm/Processing company, located at Apapa, Lagos.

The original intention of Maroun was to produce pork for the US military base in Kano during world war 2.

In 1959, 36,000 pigs were fattened and transported by rail to be butchered and processed in Lagos every month.

Let's make Nigerian Agriculture Great once again.

Let's rule the World again

Let’s take a look at some pictures from the Kano pig farm

Jessam Cattle Ranch & Farms is on track to become one of the biggest pig producers and processors in Nigeria, we aim to conquer Nigeria first, then west Africa, then Africa and hopefully in 20 years time be one of the top 20 producers in the world. We are making progress slow and steady utilizing modern practices and techniques, investing in our staff and equipment. Jessam intends to do our bit to making Nigeria great again.We rear livestock including Cattle, pigs, goats, poultry, ducks. We also process palm oil too. Feel free to place your orders 08032455430 or 09099020582. Please enjoy our videos below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK0UqV1rQQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj5VRJWxLv0

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by aminoacid01(f): 9:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
And who said that the farm is owned by muslims? Aren't there christians living in kano? Its better to keep quiet than to say rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by piagetskinner(m): 10:23pm On Mar 23, 2016
femu:

Thats what most people think... i know for a fact Pigs are reared in kaduna, kano, bauchi, benue, plateau, nasarawa borno etc.

a lot of Northern cities contain Christian minorities who are crazy about pork

Remove benue from there... The hausa population there is insignificant
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by pure2012soul(m): 10:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
femu:

Thats what most people think... i know for a fact Pigs are reared in kaduna, kano, bauchi, benue, plateau, nasarawa borno etc.

Benue, Plateau & Nassarawa are not Hausa states. Pls get your facts right
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by mikron(m): 10:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
thought muslims dont eat pigs? so why is the farm sited there?
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by sham2007: 11:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
Mprepz:
APC and lies
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Martinz97: 12:41am On Mar 24, 2016
itz a welcum idea if it can b sustained
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Ikenna17(m): 1:52am On Mar 24, 2016
See pig wey big pass human being! shocked
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by femu(m): 2:00am On Mar 24, 2016
pure2012soul:

Benue, Plateau & Nassarawa are not Hausa states. Pls get your facts right

who mentioned hausa?

try and pay attention to details it will take you far

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Jessam: 2:36am On Mar 24, 2016
This is the problem in Nigeria today, instead of learning and getting inspiration about the fact this farm was once a big player in the meat industry, fools are arguing along religious lines, tribal grounds and other foolishness. The wise and those wanting to learn will be thinking hard on how this was possible... like
Nigerian railways must have been so efficient back then... how can this be replicated?
How do i go into the pig business... I could be a distributor, a farmer a butcher
what are the returns?
Is there still a big demand for pork products in Lagos
Can i take over the old infrastructure of this farm up north
Take inspiration if such greatness once existed in Nigeria it is more than possible to do it again with hard work and vision

No the backward thinking people on here are getting worked up about silly irrelevant facts that won't contribute to boosting Nigeria's economy. Then on the other hand these bigoted fools complain of lack of jobs and opportunities. Go Figure........

Any way Jessam cattle ranch & farms wants to a major player in the meat industry and help stop the importation of cheap, rotten, chemical induced meat from being dumped in Nigeria, often slowly ruining our health .

Slow and steady Jessam will grow to be a strong brand in food industry. Let me use this opportunity to introduce you to Jessam Cattle Ranch and Farm. We are based in Enugu. Please enjoy photos our farm. We rear livestock including Cattle, pigs, goats, poultry, ducks. We also process palm oil too. Feel free to place your orders 08032455430 or 09099020582.

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by dollydolly(f): 6:01am On Mar 24, 2016
femu:

Op please and please, Plateau and Benue states are not Muslim states. Even Nasarawa state doesnt have Christians as minority.

Lets not misinform the public... Thanks.
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by dollydolly(f): 6:16am On Mar 24, 2016
Jessam:
This is the problem in Nigeria today, instead of learning and getting inspiration about the fact this farm was once a big player in the meat industry, fools are arguing along religious lines, tribal grounds and other foolishness. The wise and those wanting to learn will be thinking hard on how this was possible... like
Nigerian railways must have been so efficient back then... how can this be replicated?
How do i go into the pig business... I could be a distributor, a farmer a butcher
what are the returns?
Is there still a big demand for pork products in Lagos
Can i take over the old infrastructure of this farm up north
Take inspiration if such greatness once existed in Nigeria it is more than possible to do it again with hard work and vision

No the backward thinking people on here are getting worked up about silly irrelevant facts that won't contribute to boosting Nigeria's economy. Then on the other hand these bigoted fools complain of lack of jobs and opportunities. Go Figure........

Any way Jessam cattle ranch & farms wants to a major player in the meat industry and help stop the importation of cheap, rotten, chemical induced meat from being dumped in Nigeria, often slowly ruining our health .

Slow and steady Jessam will grow to be a strong brand in food industry. Let me use this opportunity to introduce you to Jessam Cattle Ranch and Farm. We are based in Enugu. Please enjoy photos our farm. We rear livestock including Cattle, pigs, goats, poultry, ducks. We also process palm oil too. Feel free to place your orders 08032455430 or 09099020582.

For the fact that the thread is educative does not make all the information passed through it right. It may seem to mean nothing but the earlier we start addressing issues that seem to be irrelevant the better for us.

And mind u some indigenes of those states are also on Nairaland and you don't expect them to read about their states being Muslim states n let it slide without correcting the Op.

it's a simple correction and anybody willing to post any topics on Nairaland should be willing to accept that he/she was wrong and take correction.

Lastly , you didn't have to resort to calling names just to pass your information. #learnhowtocorrectwithoutinsulting

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Goldencollins: 6:43am On Mar 24, 2016
femu:

you can retain the cassava, it's very useful in feeding pigs
Please Sir can I have ur number so I can add u on whatsapp,I want to learn pig farming.
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by femu(m): 7:23am On Mar 24, 2016
Goldencollins:

Please Sir can I have ur number so I can add u on whatsapp,I want to learn pig farming.

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by femu(m): 7:27am On Mar 24, 2016
dollydolly:

For the fact that the thread is educative does not make all the information passed through it right. It may seem to mean nothing but the earlier we start addressing issues that seem to be irrelevant the better for us.

And mind u some indigenes of those states are also on Nairaland and you don't expect them to read about their states being Muslim states n let it slide without correcting the Op.

it's a simple correction and anybody willing to post any topics on Nairaland should be willing to accept that he/she was wrong and take correction.

Lastly , you didn't have to resort to calling names just to pass your information. #learnhowtocorrectwithoutinsulting

The word 'Northern' was used not Muslim.

Pay attention to the beauty of the article and stop stiring unnecessary issues..

This is a lesson in history and entrepreneurship not chest beating about your religion or state of origin

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by dollydolly(f): 7:33am On Mar 24, 2016
femu:

The word 'Northern' was used not Muslim.

Pay attention to the beauty of the article and stop stiring unnecessary issues..

This is a lesson in history and entrepreneurship not chest beating about your religion or state of origin

He said "Northern cities with Christian minorities" So in essence what does that mean?

Also the question he answered asked about Hausa's and Muslims with Kano as a reference.

Not everybody chestbeats and even History stands to be corrected when it's not properly narrated.
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by femu(m): 8:06am On Mar 24, 2016
pigs are friendly and lovely

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by akeemraph: 8:39am On Mar 24, 2016
LouisBERG:
Wow..in the world??shockedshocked #caLLmeBERG
dt is not good enough
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by wataja: 8:48am On Mar 24, 2016
Make Nigeria great again.

Post your free adverts on www.wataja.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Fastest Way To Kill 51 Catfish. Nigerians Call Man A Murderer (Photos) / My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached / PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.