Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,507 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:47 PM

Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium (23398 Views)

Man Arrested Trying To Drive Car Loaded With Liquid Gas Into Crowd In Belgium. / Gambian's Airport And Ports Filled Up As 1000s People Seek Way To Fly Out (pics / Gas Station In Ghana Explodes (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by NavierStokes(m): 9:02am On Mar 22, 2016

Two explosions have been reported in the departures area of Zaventem airport in Brussels.
The Belgian fire service told local media there were at least several dead and wounded.
The cause of the explosions is unknown. The airport is being evacuated and has been closed to flights.
The blasts come four days after the capture in Brussels of Salah Abdeslam, the main suspect in the Paris attacks in November.
Images on social media showed smoke rising from one of the buildings, amid reports of panic as people fled the airport.
Rail transport to the facility has been halted and people have been told not to come to the airport.
Other reports say at least one of the explosions was close to the American Airlines check-in area but this has not been confirmed.
The Belgian broadcaster RTBF quoted a witness as saying there were people injured or unconscious in the departure area, opposite the Sheraton hotel.
Niels Caignau, a Swissport employee, told Flemish broadcaster VRT: "I was on a break and heard and felt a big explosion - we have from here a view over the departure hall and saw a plume of smoke come out.
"The windows are completely shattered. People went outside in shock. It doesn't look good."
The departures hall at Zaventem following the blasts
The whole metro system has been closed
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35869254

I wonder what the world has turned into, no one and no place is safe, since some sons of Ishmael learnt to use fireworks, it seems they have become too fascinated with it to the detriment of everyone else.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by bonechamberlain(m): 9:06am On Mar 22, 2016
NavierStokes:
Details

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35869254
that's the work with of some evil powers to make Belgium join their evil coalition against the so called isis.

4 Likes

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by NavierStokes(m): 9:09am On Mar 22, 2016
bonechamberlain:
that's the work with of some evil powers to make Belgium join their evil coalition against the so called isis.

Belgium has been in the news lately for the wrong reasons, Brussels has been a peaceful city and hq of the EU now it's coming under attacks, I see some unfavourable policies against these immigrants in the coming days.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by DaBullIT(m): 9:12am On Mar 22, 2016
Damn
Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by bonechamberlain(m): 9:15am On Mar 22, 2016
NavierStokes:

Belgium has been in the news lately for the wrong reasons, a peaceful city and hq of the EU now coming under attacks, I see some unfavourable policies against these immigrants in the coming days.
Isis is a creation of the cia. their ultimate goal is to gather a lot of countries on their side, in the name of fighting Isis, but they are preparing for a real war, with those opposing the west. how do u join the coalition? some countries who aren't interested in joining, would experience some terrorist attacks, which in turn would make them eager to join a deceitful coalition to fight the so called Isis.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by Bluezy13(m): 9:16am On Mar 22, 2016
Hmmm...
Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by NavierStokes(m): 9:16am On Mar 22, 2016
Gunmen also attack an EU mission in Mali.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0WN234

Seems like an attack well calculated and orchestrated.

1 Like

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by NavierStokes(m): 9:19am On Mar 22, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Isis is a creation of the cia. their ultimate goal is to gather a lot of countries on their side, in the name of fighting Isis, but they are preparing for a real war, with those opposing the west. how do u join the coalition? some countries who aren't interested in joining, would experience some terrorist attacks, which in turn would make them eager to join a deceitful coalition to fight the so called Isis.

And where are we as a country? Eastern (Islamic) coalition? Or where western coalition? Or middle ground.

4 Likes

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by LordAdam: 9:23am On Mar 22, 2016
Not really bothered about the attacks. There are too many behind-the-scenes hullabaloo that makes commenting on terrorism in the West a difficult endeavor for me.

However, my major concern is the EU migrant crisis. I salute countries like Slovenia that have said their lands are not meant to host illegal Muslim occupants, refugees or not. Let Germany, France and the other pro-refugee countries be held responsible the increase in spate of attacks. Thank heavens the attacks are majored in pro-refugee EU countries. Remain UK.

The universe will pay them in equal measure for turning Libya and Egypt into Hades.

-Lord

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by talk2cj08(m): 9:24am On Mar 22, 2016

1 Like

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by bonechamberlain(m): 9:24am On Mar 22, 2016
NavierStokes:

And where are we as a country? Eastern (Islamic) coalition? Or where western coalition? Or middle ground.
the Saudi - turkey is leading the Arab and middle east coalition while us and its allies is leading the western or European coalition. they are both the same but assigned different areas to recruit.

any one we join is a disaster, we should all pray and fight to make sure this govt don't join us with these evil forces.

2 Likes

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by NavierStokes(m): 9:28am On Mar 22, 2016
LordAdam:
Not really bothered about the attacks. There are too many behind-the-scenes hullabaloo that makes commenting on terrorism in the West a difficult endeavor for me.

However, my major concern is the EU migrant crisis. I salute countries like Slovenia that have said their lands are not meant to host illegal Muslim occupants, refugees or not. Let Germany, France and the other pro-refugee countries be held responsible the increase in spate of attacks. Thank heavens the attacks are majored in pro-refugee EU countries. Remain UK.

The universe will pay them in equal measure for turning Libya and Egypt into Hades.

-Lord

There is already a terror alert for london. May God help us all and our loved ones

2 Likes

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by DaBullIT(m): 9:32am On Mar 22, 2016
Damn Terrorists

Now my flight's been cancelled
Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by mynd1(f): 9:33am On Mar 22, 2016
These Jihadist are just disgracing themselves thingking they are disgracing Islam and muslims. What kind of GOD will order u to go and kill innocent people?angry

12 Likes

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by LordAdam: 9:44am On Mar 22, 2016
NavierStokes:

There is already a terror alert for london. May God help us all and our loved ones

Yea, heard about it. If not for the very competent MI5/6, it should have happened already. UK citizens top the number of EU foreign ISIS fighters.

It is the governments that are playing with fire. Even in Syria, the UK, US, France and the rest of the West are sending weapons and dollars to so-called "moderate" rebels that may have harbored terrorists in the past and still do. Or would become terrorists in the future.

They've done this right from the Russia-Afghan war during the cold war. Osama happened because of that, and they still have not learned their lessons. So, it is valid to say that these people actually have sinister motives with this terrorism thingy.

-Lord

9 Likes

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by Traveller11: 9:48am On Mar 22, 2016
mynd1:
These Jihadist are just disgracing themselves thingking they are disgracing Islam and muslims. I what kind of GOD will order u to go and kill innocent people?angry
The god they worship apparently.

8 Likes

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by NavierStokes(m): 9:49am On Mar 22, 2016

1 Like

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by ValerianSteel(m): 9:51am On Mar 22, 2016
Very sad that countries with open hearts are being terrorized by animals.I pray Belgium deals with them swiftly and eradicate them in their large numbers.

I've been a supporter of allowing refugees in,with the rise of deadly terror cells,I rescind this decision.Majority of the migrants will sabotage the peace and security enjoyed in Europe.It's time to take a decisive action to stop the encroachment of stable systems by terrorism.

4 Likes

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by Traveller11: 9:52am On Mar 22, 2016
This will give Angela Merkel and other Muslim/refugee sympathizers something to think about. Shut your damn borders to these savages, they cannot live in a civilized world or co-habit with civilized people, they will reduce Europe to a ruin like they have their countries. Trump needs to get elected and start dealing with these motherfúckèrs.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by ycat: 10:00am On Mar 22, 2016
This is a country that still wants to be politically correct and allowed terrorists to hide in plain sight. The only reason most parts of Europe don't get blown all the time is because the terrorists didn't want to, not that the govts are doing anything to prevent them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by Arch1: 10:06am On Mar 22, 2016
Close your damned borders !

1 Like

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by zik4ever: 10:07am On Mar 22, 2016
The murderous madness is creeping fast on West Africa. May we be delivered from agents of the devil. May we be on guard and not just be laid back, doing nothing and saying "it is not our portion"! May our leaders at various levels repent of playing politics and telling lies while we are under clear and present danger from criminals and terrorists.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by ycat: 10:13am On Mar 22, 2016
People have lost their lives, others are maimed and economic activities have come to a grinding halt.

Trump is vindicated, the undecided voters will now take another look at him. I really like that his proposed bill of being denied entry if you are coming from certain countries or on transit. I don't want to get blown up, so I support the.president to use whatever at his disposal to protect the people.

8 Likes

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by olapluto(m): 10:35am On Mar 22, 2016
This is massive. I always thought those airports were secured! The last time I was there, they had a lot of military and police patrols.
Belgium is a very small country, my thoughts are with them.

Having said that, the hypocrisy in the EU will come to fore once more. Ankara was bombed few days ago and the response was rather muted. I expect facebook to lead the condolences.

lalasticlala come and put this on fb.

2 Likes

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by Missy89(f): 10:37am On Mar 22, 2016
ycat:
People have lost their lives, others are maimed and economic activities have come to a grinding halt.

Trump is vindicated, the undecided voters will now take another look at him. I really like that his proposed bill of being denied entry if you are coming from certain countries or on transit. I don't want to get blown up, so I support the.president to use whatever at his disposal to protect the people.

If you think the US congress will pass a bill preventing someone from coming/transiting to the US from "certain" countries or because of your religion then you are just as naive as Trump.

10 Likes

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by Shymm3x: 10:48am On Mar 22, 2016
Missy89:

If you think the US congress will pass a bill preventing someone from coming/transiting to the US from a "certain" countries or because of your religion then you are just as naive as Trump.

Lol. But Trump will always be the better option. And I think every country in the West needs a leader that's anti-Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and UAE - the axis of evil. The hobnobbing between the West and these devilish countries and sponsors Jihad, is the reason why Jihadists won't go away any time soon. And the West also needs a change in its foreign policy and CIA needs to stop grooming Jihadists as death squads. We all can't keep living in fear of blow-backs cos innocent folks are always the collateral damage.

Can you imagine that this happened at the heart of the EU "county" part of Brussels, where almost all the EU establishment are located? If terrorists could get that close to a place that's meant to be very fortified with different layers of security details - are we safe? Why do I, as an innocent man, with no problems whatsoever with Muslims and Arabs, working hard everyday trying to turn Ps into £s, have to be scared to get on the train cos of terrorists?

The US is the leader of the West and it's high time yanks stopped messing with these Jihadist countries. The US is the reason why we're not safe in Europe. Trump is the answer and not an Hilary Clinton, who's a clown that works for the establishment and the military industrial complex. Make sure you vote for Trump!

Not saying I like what stands for - xenophobic rhetoric and posturing - but he'll always be better than Hilary Clinton. Hilary Clinton is the reason why there's an ISIS today. It was during her tenure as US secretary of state that the fictitious Arab spring was executed via social media and their targets were: Libya, Syria, Algeria, Yemen, and Sudan. They only got Libya and Syria - and the blow-back from that adventure birthed ISIS. So why would anyone want to vote for someone like that? She's a also a rabid racist, just like Trump, but pretentious about it. And her husband, Bill Clinton, is the second biggest reason why black folks in the US are effed up, apart from slavery (the 3rd is Ronald Reagan and how he polluted everywhere with crack cocaine), with the prison industrial complex.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by Shymm3x: 10:49am On Mar 22, 2016
---
Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by ycat: 10:51am On Mar 22, 2016
Why won't they?
You are clueless, behind and need to get with the program. The people are tired of the old way of doing things and looking for someone like Trump who is not afraid to say what people like you think but scared to death to say out. Better believe it, things are going to be different in Washington. It's a waiting game, both houses will work with Trump if they don't want to have their important bills vetoed.
Missy89:

If you think the US congress will pass a bill preventing someone from coming/transiting to the US from a "certain" countries or because of your religion then you are just as naive as Trump.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by Missy89(f): 10:56am On Mar 22, 2016
Shymm3x:

Lol. But Trump will always be the better option. And I think every country in the West needs a leader that's anti-Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and UAE - the axis of evil. The hobnobbing between the West and these devilish countries and sponsors Jihad, is the reason why Jihadists won't go away any time soon. And the West also needs a change in its foreign policy and CIA needs to stop grooming Jihadists as death squads. We all can't keep living in fear of blow-backs cos innocent folks are always the collateral damage.

Can you imagine that this happened at the heart of the EU "county" part of Brussels, where almost all the EU establishment are located? If terrorists could get that close to a place that's meant to be very fortified with different layers of security details - are we safe? Why do I, as an innocent man, with no problems whatsoever with Muslims and Arabs, working hard everyday trying to turn Ps into £s, have to be scared to get on the train cos of terrorists?

The US is the leader of the West and it's high time yanks stopped messing with these Jihadist countries. The US is the reason why we're not safe in Europe. Trump is the answer and not an Hilary Clinton, who's a clown that works for the establishment and the military industrial complex. Make sure you vote for Trump!

Always finding a way to blame America for your problems. No leader in the West will be anti Saudi,UAE and Qatar not even trump. If you think "messing" with these countries is why Europe is not safe, vote for leaders that would stop messing with them in Europe .

Sorry i am not voting for Trump. NEVER WILL
I will pick experience over a man child who doesn't even know what the nuclear triad is. A simpleton like that has no business running a country.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by Missy89(f): 11:02am On Mar 22, 2016
ycat:
Why won't they?
You are clueless, behind and need to get with the program. The people are tired of the old way of doing things and looking for someone like Trump who is not afraid to say what people like you think but scared to death to say out. Better believe it, things are going to be different in Washington. It's a waiting game, both houses will work with Trump if they don't want to have their important bills vetoed.

You are actually the clueless one.

Trump cant rule with Executive fiat. US is not Zimbabwe. Do you even know how a presidential veto and executive order works? If that is Trump strategy, his presidency will be shorter than Harrison's

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by Shymm3x: 11:15am On Mar 22, 2016
Missy89:

Always finding a way to blame America for your problems. No leader in the West will be anti Saudi,UAE and Qatar not even trump. If you think "messing with these countries is why Europe is not safe, vote for leaders that would stop messing with them in Europe first

Sorry i am not voting for Trump. NEVER WILL
I will pick experience over a man child who doesn't even know what the nuclear triad is. A simpleton like that has no business running a country.

But which country is responsible for bombing Muslim countries and using Jihadists as death squads? Don't start feigning ignorance now, we all know how the boys in Langley get down. Who supports Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Qatar - the Wahhabism merchants? Who created a no-fly-zone in Libya to protect terrorists in Benghazi, Libya, and later sent their leader, Abu Khattala, who's now a prominent figure in ISIS - to go fight in Syria? So if I don't blame the US, who would I blame?

Paris, now Brussels - what's next with Jihadists all over Europe due to Syria? Berlin, then London, no? Europe can't keep suffering for the idiotic foreign policy of the US - championed by banksters, plutocrats, and the military industrial complex - with folks like Hilary Clinton, as the face of it. If you can't vote for Trump, just don't vote at all.

And isn't the US a country of simpletons? So what's wrong in a simpleton leading simpletons, when the only people the yanks can offer to be POTUS are rabid clowns? Just go for the better option, and not an Hilary who will start world war 3 and make ISIS stronger, or stay away.

BTW, a lot of yanks are buying houses in central London. I've been meeting loads of them these days and you can always spot them with the way they pronounce "garage" (looooool). Where are these clowns getting the money from?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Explosions At Brussels Airport And Subway Station In Belgium by Missy89(f): 11:20am On Mar 22, 2016
Shymm3x:

But which country is responsible for bombing Muslim countries and using Jihadists as death squads? Don't start feigning ignorance now, we all know how the boys in Langley get down. Who supports Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Qatar - the Wahhabism merchants? Who created a no-fly-zone in Libya to protect terrorists in Benghazi, Libya, and later sent their leader, Abu Khattala, who's now a prominent figure in ISIS - to go fight in Syria? So if I don't blame the US, who would I blame?

Paris, now Brussels - what's next with Jihadists all over Europe due to Syria? Berlin, then London, no? Europe can't keep suffering for the idiotic foreign policy of the US - championed by banksters, plutocrats, and the military industrial complex - with folks like Hilary Clinton, as the face of it. If you can't vote for Trump, just don't vote at all.

And isn't the US a country of simpletons? So what's wrong in a simpleton leading simpletons, when the only people the yanks can offer to be POTUS are rabid clowns? Just go for the better option, and not an Hilary who will start world war 3 and make ISIS stronger, or stay away.

BTW, a lot of yanks are buying houses in central London. I've been meeting loads of them these days and you can always spot them with the way they pronounce "garage" (looooool). Why are these clowns getting the money from?

If America is a country of simpletons and like you said it is the leader of the west, Thats says a lot about Brits doesn't it? What could be worse than a simpleton? I am looking for a word. Help me out here grin

Who supports Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Qatar - the Wahhabism merchants? - UK, France, China, US, Russia , Spain etc endless list

Britain pretty much drew the entire middle east map after subduing the Ottomans

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in / Parts Of United States And Canada West Coast Record Temperatures Above 46°C / Former Niger Rebel Launches Anti-Coup Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.