Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) (50439 Views)

Is Coronation Merchant Bank Recruitment A Scam Or Not? / Food Hygiene Initiative Of Nigeria, Scam Or Legit? / Is This Real Or Scam Or GNLD? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 22, 2016
I need help here. I want to know if this stuff is real. I applied for jobs on a dubai based site, dubbizle.com

some time this month, I got a mail from a supposed firm in Oman demanding that I send my whatsapp number to them that I showed interest to work in their firm. I sent the number. They called me on whatsapp with a foreign number and I was 'interviewed'. I was also asked to scan to them the first page of my international passport, I did. Attached is the rest of the discussion.

I dont know if its real or the work of scammers. Also attached is the Offer letter they sent me

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 22, 2016
lalasticlala, pls help me frontpage this stuff. I need to hear from nairalanders

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by divinehand2003(m): 3:55pm On Mar 22, 2016
Lol, it's a very big scam.

150 Likes 4 Shares

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 22, 2016
divinehand2003:
Lol, it's a very big scam.

so a well respected site like dubizzle now work with scammers to rip people off their money? its hard to comprehend - somehow
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by ziccoit: 3:58pm On Mar 22, 2016
Tread carefully bros. scammers are getting advanced everyday as people too get wiser. It looks unreal to me.

I tried to use google search but nothing came out which is quite unusual except your are among the first set of victims that would receive this mail. Oman has been used a lot to scam people but S.A.O.C failed to return scam results.

10 Likes

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by simplycarro: 4:00pm On Mar 22, 2016
himkers:

so a well respected site like dubizzle now work with scammers to rip people off their money? its hard to comprehend - somehow

Caution. Don't part with your money.

9 Likes

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Pheals(f): 4:01pm On Mar 22, 2016
Let me laugh out my sorrows undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Untainted007: 4:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
We can't conclude yet if its a scam. Since the letter read that they will first make the payment till your visa is out and you have to confirm its real. That they will make the first payment and you will reimburse them after it's successful. In that case, me I will ask them to invest their money while you wait and watch them in 3D while u are sipping your bottle of Pepsi with some pop corn. Don't conclude yet just don't part away with your money for processing.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 22, 2016
Untainted007:
We can't conclude yet if its a scam. Since the letter read that they will first make the payment till your visa is out and you have to confirm its real. That they will make the first payment and you will reimburse them after it's successful. In that case, me I will ask them to invest their money while you wait and watch them in 3D while u are sipping your bottle of Pepsi with some pop corn. Don't conclude yet just don't part away with your money for processing.

Thanks soo much bro
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Untainted007: 4:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
himkers:

Thanks soo much bro

You are welcome. And more ensure you do some reach about the organisation or any link about them on google. Thank God for google and so other sites where you can obtain information.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by JoaHynppes(m): 5:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
[size=14pt]you got to calm down bruv, I dunno why people do ask for this kinda help on "nairaland" you go to google and find solutions. I promise you will see something better there than what you gonna get here. [/size]

17 Likes

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by omisakint: 5:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
Lol..... Cheap scam

6 Likes

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by menix(m): 5:25pm On Mar 22, 2016
hahahahaha...

Nwanne, run for ur lifeeeeee, its the reigning scam for nigerian boiz in Ajman....

7 Likes

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by winkmart: 5:25pm On Mar 22, 2016
see u... you are still looking for job... better be selling WRISTWATCH like me

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Kreamie(m): 5:25pm On Mar 22, 2016
RUN..SCAM..YOU'LL KNOW FROM THE SERIES OF GBAGAUNS!

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by helphelp: 5:25pm On Mar 22, 2016
Follow your heart and stop asking us questions
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by nairaman66(m): 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
Organized 419!

The signature on the paper is computer generated! Ask them that you have someone in the UAE that will go to their office to verify.., they will leave you alone after this..

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by shaddoww: 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
First of all with d current exchange rate, d money i.e d 2000dirham is around 102,590 thousand naira, so u need to think deeply n ask urself if dis thing is worth gambling with dat money for. Then secondly, since u are going to Oman, why will dey b demanding for money in dirham (U. A. E) from u cos Oman's currency is Rial. So please think we'll ooo.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by gbens2000(m): 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
THE GREATEST SCAM IN HISTORY JUST LIKE APC TO NIGERIANS.

17 Likes

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by MotorConnectz(m): 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
Modified! Please I have deleted my comments. I just tried sharing my thoughts. Some people are already saying I'm the scammer.

Goodluck in your endeavours

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by refiner(f): 5:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
it is!
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by oc2fish: 5:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
Fake. Please do not pay anything. They are to pay you for agreeing to work for them.

2 Likes

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
My brother please run for your dear life my cousin was scammed by this same people angry

And he later discovered it is a group of 419 Nigerian syndicate living in Oman and also have network in Dubai and Qatar .their victims are desperate greener pastures seekers. Pls be warned. lipsrsealed

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by LordOracle(m): 5:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
It fit be ur brother wey day Aba dey do u ground work. You know what i mean now? #winks

2 Likes

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Timoleon(m): 5:28pm On Mar 22, 2016
Why are people always quick to condemn? instead of u to be happy for his success story,u r here claiming its scam.

@op, i know the company, they are a genuine company based on the outskirts of omans largest city. In other to facilitate this payment quickly, u can pay thru my gtb account....0419419419 i will finish the transaction for you and u will get ur visa and dream job. lest i forget d account name is 'Timoleon Streetside'. Expecting to get alert before noon tomorrow.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Seeeeeeee: 5:28pm On Mar 22, 2016
Not only Scam bro, dis one na Advance Fee Fraud.

3 Likes

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by jackyraw09: 5:28pm On Mar 22, 2016
scam. No company will send you an official email and then use abbreviations such as 'u' instead 'you'

etc. wise up bro

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by 9jatatafo(m): 5:28pm On Mar 22, 2016
OP that letter is a big Scam. The Grammar is terrible and mind you if an Omani company is employing you they will never demand for a kobo. Also the letterheaded paper has no telephone, website, physical address or contact address or email address. Flee from them and stop all further correspondences with these people

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by RobinHez(m): 5:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
I just dey laff... grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by akajos4real: 5:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
I will pay you 1million dollars but you just have to send me 3k dollars as a precaution.

18 Likes

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Melkizedek(m): 5:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
The scammer might even be a nairalander, bloody crooks!

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Some Jobs That Will Soon Be Gone For Good / Npower List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2017-2018 | Npower Shortlisted Candidates / N-Power: Verification Of Credentials Has Commenced In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.