Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,235 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:05 AM

Easter:a Season Of Love and Tolerance - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Easter:a Season Of Love and Tolerance (411 Views)

Christmas A Season Of Peace And Love / What Season Of The Year Is AC More Important? / The True Story Behind St Valentine- Saint Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Easter:a Season Of Love and Tolerance by Drfinn: 7:58pm On Mar 22, 2016
Easter is in a couple of days. Another public holiday beckons. Many have activities lined up, others prefer a ,quiet time'.
Irrespective of your thoughts on and preparations for easter. One thing stands out, its a season dedicated to reflect on the sacrifice of the greatest teacher of love - JESUS CHRIST!

Jesus Christ, more than anyone else in recorded history did not only preach love and tolerance, He lived both. He sacrificed His life out of love for humanity. He was tolerant of the self righteous religious leaders of His days. He was tolerant even of a condemned criminal on the cross. He was accused wrongly, betrayed, beaten and murdered. In all His moments of persecution and torment he demonstrated love and tolerance.

As I continuously reflect on the Golden Rule, "Do unto others what you would others do unto you", famously stated by Jesus Christ. Am compelled to share this piece on Tolerance by Napoleon Hill of blessed memory. Its my desire that as you 'flow' in the waves and tides of easter you reflect on Christ's life and that of other avatars who have shown that love and tolerance is all humanity needs to succeed. Happy Easter in advance.

TOLERANCE! By Napoleon Hill
When the dawn of Intelligence shall have spread its wings over the eastern horizon of progress, and Ignorance and Superstition shall have left their last footprints on the sands of Time, it will be recorded in the book of man’s crimes and mistakes that his most grievous sin was that of Intolerance!The bitterest Intolerance grows out of racial and religious differences of opinion, as the result of early childhood training.

How long, O Master of Human Destinies, until we poor mortals will understand the folly of trying to destroy one another because of dogmas and creeds and other superficial matters over which we do not agree? Our allotted time on this earth is but a fleeting moment , at most !
Like a candle, we are lighted, shine for a moment and flicker out! Why can we not so live during this short earthly sojourn that when the Great
Caravan called Death draws up and announces this visit about finished we will be ready to fold our tents, and, like the Arabs of the Desert, silently
follow the Caravan out into the Darkness of the Unknown without fear and trembling?

I am hoping that I will find no Jews or Gentiles, Catholics or Protestants, Germans or Englishmen, Frenchmen or Russians, Blacks or Whites, Reds or Yellows, when I shall have crossed the Bar to the Other Side. I am hoping I will find there only human Souls, Brothers and Sisters all, unmarked by race, creed or color, far I shall want to be done with Intolerance so I may lie down and rest an æon or two, undisturbed
by the strife, ignorance, superstition and petty misunderstandings which mark with chaos and grief this earthly existence.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News! Bukola Saraki Loses Again As Tribunal Refuses.... / Job Vacancy / Amata Takes Over As President, Directors Guild Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.