Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,375 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member (18547 Views)

My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer / My Experience Today At A GNLD Coy / Man Seeking Job As A Driver Crashes The Company's Car During His Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Ezegozie(m): 10:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
Before I start my main story, I will like to do the first thing first, which is to recognise, respect and thank this wonderful and nice Gentleman, (walex360) who I met on Nairaland few months ago, who was of great help to me today.
Inshort, without him today, my trip to Eket would have been futile and I would have ended up being frustrated.

Now back to the main gist,
sequel to series of advice being given on this particular section of Nairaland about Job hunt and prior preparation, I decided to take the bull by the horns today by going to the most industralized part of my state of deployment, Eket.
But before my journey , I browsed for the contacts and address of the companies I intended to visit, so that everything would be easy for me.

On getting to Eket, the tune of the music changed and I started seeing what I didn't expect.
I noticed that majority of the oil servicing companies at Eket don't put any conspicuous sign post at the entrance of their office and it made it extremely difficult if not impossible to locate them.

Then, an Idea came to my mind, and I remembered this honest Gentleman I met on Nairaland who works at Eket, and fortunately for me, he was "OFF" in his work place, and he immediately gave me the address to his place and I wasted no more time branching to his area.
I must confess, he really made my trip to Eket meaningful by leaving what he was doing to follow me to so many companies which I never knew were companies because there was no sign post at their entrance.

Today, I really experienced what Job hunt is like and at a particular place, I was indirectly insulted but I took it as one of these bad sides of job hunt.
I entered the company and after explaining to the man my reason of coming, hoping that he would be of help, he started discouraging me.
He started by asking me the state I come from, which I enthusiastically told him hoping that he would perform some wonders.
He told me that he must be sincere with me, that there is no Job in Nigeria and that I should go back to my state and start farming in order to be entitled to the monthly #5000 Buhari promised.

To be sincere, I was surprised with what the man said, but I just managed to thank him and leave the environment.

Anyway to cut the story short, I managed to submit my CV in two places, and I am really hoping to hear from them before or after passing out next month.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by amicable09(f): 11:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
Lol. Welcome to the club!
All the best with your CVs already submitted, continue sending more out.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by guente02(m): 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2016
Cool.
Keep it up. Don't stop, it might not take upto 9 months to take it.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Ezegozie(m): 11:25pm On Mar 22, 2016
amicable09:
Lol.
Welcome to the club!

All the best with your CVs already submitted, continue sending more out.

thanks so much

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Ezegozie(m): 11:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
guente02:
Cool. Keep it up. Don't stop, it might not take upto 9 months to take it.
thanks for the encouragement
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by godfrey01(m): 7:37am On Mar 23, 2016
Why didn't you tell him that the 5k monthly stipend has been cancled? Abi nor be this nigeria the man dey...

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by saxwizard(m): 7:44am On Mar 23, 2016
all the best
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by looseweight: 9:49am On Mar 23, 2016
Cool
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 23, 2016
Uhnm
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Benjom(m): 9:51am On Mar 23, 2016
You're indeed better than those who won't move an inch and invariably expect manner to fall from heaven. The journey to a fulfilling life starts with a step. I wish you God's speed.

Those intending to learn how to write an effective CV should read this helpful article on 'Comprehensive Guide to Writing An Effective CV' (With Screenshots and 3 Samples):
http://.com/complete-step-step-guide-writing-successful-cv/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by swagdopey: 9:51am On Mar 23, 2016
K
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Booty4me: 9:53am On Mar 23, 2016
grin grin
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by onyee25(f): 9:53am On Mar 23, 2016
the lord is your strength,never give up

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by streamsofjoy(f): 9:53am On Mar 23, 2016
Wish u the best.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by soaksman: 9:53am On Mar 23, 2016
End Time job hunter
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by winkmart: 9:54am On Mar 23, 2016
while waiting for their reply..i hope you know people love fashion. Men love wristwathces..Capitalize and this and give the business a try...THAT WHAT I DO TO MAKE ME HAPPY EVERY DAY

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by profsomebody(m): 9:54am On Mar 23, 2016
hnmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by cyberdurable(m): 9:54am On Mar 23, 2016
Ok
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Mescopaul(m): 9:55am On Mar 23, 2016
Were is Walex360!?
Pls make sure Ezegozie is fully employed before 3months so as to complete what you started. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Marvyx(m): 9:55am On Mar 23, 2016
Just have faith bro.... It is well.
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by MannyBae: 9:58am On Mar 23, 2016
Check Out This very Touchy Love story

This is a redefinition of love and what love should be

http:///ztmfdeu

#WizManny
#WhereverWhenever
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by truthalways(m): 9:59am On Mar 23, 2016
God go bless our hustle

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by boboLIL(m): 9:59am On Mar 23, 2016
walex360 God go bless you boku.... Op nice try... Don't stop trying...
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by ChappyChase: 10:00am On Mar 23, 2016
Okay
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Ada9103(f): 10:00am On Mar 23, 2016
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by megareal: 10:01am On Mar 23, 2016
You will see all that and more in your hunt for a job, but never be discouraged. Keep searching and may fortune smile on you. Also look into graduate trainee programs. Good luck.
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 23, 2016
NOTHING GOOD COMES EASY..
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by crispberry(f): 10:06am On Mar 23, 2016
Dropping CVs seems to be getting out of fashion. Most CVs won't even get to the reception talkless HR

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Trendy247: 10:07am On Mar 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by free2ryhme: 10:09am On Mar 23, 2016
God is good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Vacancies / Union Bank Sales Graduate Trainee 2022 / Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Unemployable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.