Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,866 members, 7,798,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar (13441 Views)

See What Governor Udom Is Doing To Ensure 24 Hours Electricity In AKS / Governor Ayade Cries In His Office Over The Condition Of Refugees. Photos / Governor Ayade's Wife, Linda Drives Him To Construction Site. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by Rikidony(m): 11:49pm On Mar 22, 2016
Determined to ensure a 24-hour power supply in his state, Cross River State governor, Prof. Ben Ayade, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with SkipperSeil Limited of Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

The signing of the MoU was the highlight of a threeday Middle East Electricity Exhibition programme, which took place in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

According to the MoU, SkipperSeil is to establish a solar farm to produce 100 megawatts of electricity for Cross River State. Besides providing a bankable land as equity, Cross River is also expected to make available $1 million to kick-start the pilot scheme, while SkipperSeil, on the other hand, is to invest $15 million in the project.

In line with the MoU, Cross River has a 30 percent stake in the business, while the investors will be controlling 70 percent holding.

Governor Ayade signed the MoU on behalf of the state while Sachdeva signed on behalf of his firm.

During the signing ceremony, Ayade expressed the hope that apart from guaranteeing 24-hour electricity supply to Calabar and its environs, the project will also generate massive employment and boost its internally generated revenue.

https://www.today.ng/news/national/96141/ayade-moves-to-ensure-24-hour-power-supply-in-calabar

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by chriskosherbal(m): 11:50pm On Mar 22, 2016
What a welcome development.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by Rikidony(m): 11:53pm On Mar 22, 2016
after imoke wasted 8years in office doing nothing.
Ayade is here for the rescue

lalasticlala seun

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by obailala(m): 11:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
Great move!... I see no reason why other state governments shouldn't key into initiatives like this.

7 Likes

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by ebamma(m): 12:17am On Mar 23, 2016
Rikidony:
after imoke wasted 8years in office doing nothing.

Ayade is here for the rescue

lalasticlala seun
oga, you follow me see am,
Ayade came into government house with a plan,
From the super highway project to the Bakassi Deep Seaport project, Garment and textile factory, Rice plantation, the affordable housing project and now this,
And he isn't owing workers salaries too,
With this projects alone, we will be begging him to contest in 2019.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by Rikidony(m): 12:32am On Mar 23, 2016
ebamma:
oga, you follow me see am,
Ayade came into government house with a plan,
From the super highway project to the Bakassi Deep Seaport project, Garment and textile factory, Rice plantation, the affordable housing project and now this,
And he isn't owing workers salaries too,
With this projects alone, we will be begging him to contest in 2019.

bro soon be creating a topic about the brand new city to be situated in calabar south Calasvegas. mou have just been sign with an American company for the construction.

Ayade is a God sent for the people of cross river

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 23, 2016
. Very good for them calabar peeps. #ObianoInfluence

2 Likes

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by slimfit1(m): 1:13am On Mar 23, 2016
I see jobless people around South south area been jobless if the power plants are not running in the next few months.
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by looseweight: 9:07am On Mar 23, 2016
Good
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by wilcox(m): 9:08am On Mar 23, 2016
Man wey get head
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by TANTUMERGO007(m): 9:08am On Mar 23, 2016
PDP!!!!!!!!!!!! power to the common man

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by Sijo01(f): 9:09am On Mar 23, 2016
Nice one. I wish you well.
Oshiomole does not have the brain capacity to think or execute such project in Edo.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by dammizz(m): 9:09am On Mar 23, 2016
They'll frustrate him & the project if he doesn't stand firm
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by Sasuwa(f): 9:09am On Mar 23, 2016
Elfve what?
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by MadCow1: 9:09am On Mar 23, 2016
Huh?

Wetin Calabar wan use 24hrs light do?

The way Calabar take fall after Donald Duke commot for power is shockingly shocking.

Calabar wey Groove no dey finish and wey been sweet like Sugar is today a shadow of its former self. The town is now dirty, TINAPA is officially a white elephant Project, Marina is pitiful to behold now, infact Calabar is Dead.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 23, 2016
obailala:
Great move!... I see no reason why other state governments shouldn't key into initiatives like this.

Thank you!

Personally, I think the solution to our power problem lies with the states.

Each state should provide power for her people. Simple.

This national grid of a thing is slowing the country down.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by AshaLiam: 9:09am On Mar 23, 2016
That will be interesting, let's see how it goes
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by truthalways(m): 9:10am On Mar 23, 2016
Are state governors permitted to generate power for their states
If yes, then i think we should all start focusing our attention on all these stupid governors angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by Dinocarex(m): 9:11am On Mar 23, 2016
A Governor with brain

3 Likes

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by demarc001: 9:11am On Mar 23, 2016
God crown their efforts
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by Pangea: 9:12am On Mar 23, 2016
angry
What is this rubbish?
100 megawatt?
Is that even enough to power a city?

1 Like

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by ChappyChase: 9:13am On Mar 23, 2016
The Convoy Governor is talking!
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by Emmy4Naija: 9:13am On Mar 23, 2016
Coming from a youthful and educated Governor with dreams and plan unlike what we have at Aso Rock.
When was the last time we heard FG signed this type of project oriented MoU?

1 Like

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by makapella(m): 9:15am On Mar 23, 2016
slimfit1:
I see jobless people around South south area been jobless if the power plants are not running in the next few months.
mbok ndito eka,whr is dz idiot ikot iwa from..
U enemy of progress
In Mc Galaxie's voice:Shame on u

3 Likes

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by mudiana(m): 9:15am On Mar 23, 2016
am so moving to calabar very soon. I love light oh! God bless this governor. at last someone is using his number six....
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by kennyman2000(m): 9:16am On Mar 23, 2016
I pray you succeed.

1 Like

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by Goke7: 9:16am On Mar 23, 2016
The man is signing something with dubai now, am not hearing anybody especially the wailers crying islamization, if its PMB or any northern state now, this is what the wailers will be crying about grin

9 Likes

Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by bayumyguy: 9:16am On Mar 23, 2016
Fayose tap frm dis
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by mudiana(m): 9:17am On Mar 23, 2016
am so moving to calabar very soon. I love light oh! God bless this governor. at last someone is using his number six...
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by meccuno: 9:17am On Mar 23, 2016
dammizz:
They'll frustrate him & the project if he doesn't stand firm
Re: Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar by meccuno: 9:19am On Mar 23, 2016
Activa:

Thank you!

Personally, I think the solution to our power problem lies with the states.

Each state should provide power for her people. Simple.

This national Northern grid of a thing is slowing the country down.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Full List Of All The Real Oil Block Owners In Nigeria. / I Didn't Say APC Is Worse Than PDP &Shuld Not Expect Votes Frm N/east -Sen Bukar / Twitter Escaped Accountability For Long, FG Defends Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.