Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Will I Be Denied Visa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Will I Be Denied Visa? (1334 Views)

UK Grandmother Laments After Her Younger Nigerian Husband Is Denied Visa. Photos / Why You Were Denied Visa / Jamaican Denied Visas Over Bleaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will I Be Denied Visa? by nineteenth: 10:54am On Mar 23, 2016
Hello everyone,

I need your candid opinion on a burning issue which has been troubling me for some time now. I am really ashamed and remorseful of my actions, it was just the situation I found myself. I was once a footballer and once had an opportunity to travel to Europe for my footballing career but this did not work out as planned. I got a passport for this purpose where I did not use my real age, as advised by my coach and agent. I later dropped football and went back to school. Now I am done with my first degree and I intend going abroad for my masters degree. The old passport with my false age expired and I proceeded to the NIS office where I met an Immigration officer who assisted me and got me another passport after I did the Biometrics. I actually paid him 100k for this. I really don't know if it was renewal or re-issue he did but this new passport has my real age and name which tally with my academic documents. The new passport has the old and new passport numbers written on it its data page. Now my question is, with the old number available on the passport, will the embassy verify and compare the information on the new and old passports?

Thanks for your useful contributions.
Re: Will I Be Denied Visa? by henrychubayo: 12:55pm On Mar 23, 2016
May be not. They don't have access to NIS data system. But in case thay require your old passport, that's where your problem starts. Embassy don't really care about old passport unless they had visas in them
Re: Will I Be Denied Visa? by obailala(m): 1:01pm On Mar 23, 2016
nineteenth:
Hello everyone,

I need your candid opinion on a burning issue which has been troubling me for some time now. I am really ashamed and remorseful of my actions, it was just the situation I found myself. I was once a footballer and once had an opportunity to travel to Europe for my footballing career but this did not work out as planned. I got a passport for this purpose where I did not use my real age, as advised by my coach and agent. I later dropped football and went back to school. Now I am done with my first degree and I intend going abroad for my masters degree. The old passport with my false age expired and I proceeded to the NIS office where I met an Immigration officer who assisted me and got me another passport after I did the Biometrics. I actually paid him 100k for this. I really don't know if it was renewal or re-issue he did but this new passport has my real age and name which tally with my academic documents. The new passport has the old and new passport numbers written on it its data page. Now my question is, with the old number available on the passport, will the embassy verify and compare the information on the new and old passports?

Thanks for your useful contributions.
Hmmm... I didnt know new passports have the old number written on it. That's strange cos I renewed my passport not long ago and the old number isn't written anywhere.
Re: Will I Be Denied Visa? by Pasca07: 1:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
obailala:
Hmmm... I didnt know new passports have the old number written on it. That's strange cos I renewed my passport not long ago and the old number isn't written anywhere.
how much did u renewed your passport and which state?
Re: Will I Be Denied Visa? by obailala(m): 2:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
Pasca07:
how much did u renewed your passport and which state?
Renewed my passport in London, paid about £65 online + £20 postal order. I have no idea what it costs in Nigeria, but I think the whole process is very straightforward and quick these days.
Re: Will I Be Denied Visa? by samee72(f): 3:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
obailala:

Yes the old passport number is also written on the new passport, I renewed my passport in Dec 2015 and the old passport number was written on the new passport as well as the new passport number
Re: Will I Be Denied Visa? by Pasca07: 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2016
samee72:

Yes the old passport number is also written on the new passport, I renewed my passport in Dec 2015 and the old passport number was written on the new passport as well as the new passport number
how much did u renewed ur international passport?
Re: Will I Be Denied Visa? by Pasca07: 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2016
obailala:
Renewed my passport in London, paid about £65 online + £20 postal order. I have no idea what it costs in Nigeria, but I think the whole process is very straightforward and quick these days.
OK thanks
Re: Will I Be Denied Visa? by Pennsylvania: 9:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
Op,
Your old passport, does it have any country's visa stamp on it? If it doesn't, then I don't think they'll ask for it. But next time don't make such silly mistakes changing ages, cos Europe and America and especially Canada are too careful when going thru ones document/passport. Just a little miss spelt detail can cost you a visa.
Re: Will I Be Denied Visa? by samee72(f): 9:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
Pasca07:
how much did u renewed ur international passport?

N23,500
Re: Will I Be Denied Visa? by Codeblues(m): 9:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
I hope you didn't do biometric at any embassy with your previous passport?
Re: Will I Be Denied Visa? by nineteenth: 9:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
Pennsylvania:
Op,
Your old passport, does it have any country's visa stamp on it? If it doesn't, then I don't think they'll ask for it. But next time don't make such silly mistakes changing ages, cos Europe and America and especially Canada are too careful when going thru ones document/passport. Just a little mis spelt detail can cost you a visa.
Thanks so much...I hope I won't be required to submit the old one when I apply for Visa? I did not use the old one for any travelling purpose, no stamp whatsoever is on it.
Re: Will I Be Denied Visa? by nineteenth: 9:31pm On Mar 23, 2016
Codeblues:
I hope you didn't do biometric at any embassy with your previous passport?
No sir!
Re: Will I Be Denied Visa? by Pennsylvania: 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
nineteenth:
Thanks so much...I hope I won't be required to submit the old one when I apply for Visa? I did not use the old one for any travelling purpose, no stamp whatsoever is on it.

I think you're good to go then.
Re: Will I Be Denied Visa? by nineteenth: 11:11pm On Mar 23, 2016
Pennsylvania:

I think you're good to go then.
Thanks so much. So as it is now, if the VO asks about the old passport, should I say it got lost or expired?
Re: Will I Be Denied Visa? by Pennsylvania: 11:19pm On Mar 23, 2016
nineteenth:
Thanks so much. So as it is now, if the VO asks about the old passport, should I say it got lost or expired?

The thing is; since there's no stamp of visa on it, they would likely not ask.....I believe that's the luck you have.
But were you denied a visa on it?
Re: Will I Be Denied Visa? by nineteenth: 12:16am On Mar 24, 2016
Denied? Not at all. I never used it for visa application, and I don't even have it with me anymore.

(1) (Reply)

Ibeno Beach… More Than A Relaxation Spot / Calabar Seaport Receives 1st Container Vessel In 13 Years. / Are U Interested In American Visa Lottery 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.