Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

What Is The Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? (774 Views)

What Is The Essence Of Junior Waec / What Is The Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? / What Is Their Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? by Stoical: 11:14am On Mar 23, 2016
I may b a bit controversial, however, I welcome insights on this issue.
I am not ignorant of the fact that this pix might be sensational and people tmay become so "emotions" about my question.
I am open to learning and I hope I will get more of that rather than insults
I stumbled at this pix and was asking myself questions, one of which I hope I may be educated or some explanations given here. Covering yourself, with the reasons you may have is okay by me. I am only wondering what one hopes to acheive by taking a group pix with such attires...so, fill me in...

Note: I have spent at least a year at the seat of caliphate...Sokoto and I am very tolerant wrt religion, so I have no bias as regards this question...

What is the essence of photo-taking, if one cannot identify the people in it

Re: What Is The Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? by bigiyaro(m): 11:16am On Mar 23, 2016
Dat is mumu-slim for u. Dem no jst make sense.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 23, 2016
I do not understand how what some people chose to be belief in is the business of some random individual from where I do not even give a hoot they are from. undecided
Re: What Is The Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? by gabinogem(m): 11:24am On Mar 23, 2016
Religion is practice by those who think they can minimize the activies of the world & glorify the spiritual life therefore making a fool of themselves at the long-run.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? by olamide452(f): 11:31am On Mar 23, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? by Stoical: 12:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
Bro, I asked for understanding not for the way you view someone's religion
bigiyaro:
Dat is mumu-slim for u. Dem no jst make sense.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? by Stoical: 12:44pm On Mar 23, 2016
gabinogem:
Religion is practice by those who think they can minimize the activies of the world & glorify the spiritual life therefore making a fool of themselves at the long-run.

You are sounding philosophical and more clarification is requested. Meanwhile, I don't think it is wrong for you to seek spirituality rather than indulging in the worldly way of doing things. But, you should be able to explain why you act the way you do.

@AirSultan, with due respect, I never meant to make someone's biz my problem...I am rather a student of nature who seek to understand things around me...so if you felt insulted, apologies. I felt, you could rather educate me on the things you know that I don't know, but wish to understand(don't think that is a bad request). Cheers
Re: What Is The Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? by gabinogem(m): 1:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
Stoical:

You are sounding philosophical and more clarification is requested. Meanwhile, I don't think it is wrong for you to seek spirituality rather than indulging in the worldly way of doing things. But, you should be able to explain why you act the way you do.

@AirSultan, with due respect, I never meant to make someone's biz my problem...I am rather a student of nature who seek to understand things around me...so if you felt insulted, apologies. I felt, you could rather educate me on the things you know that I don't know, but wish to understand(don't think that is a bad request). Cheers
the spiritual works in tandem with the physical hence there should be no discrepancy about both... religion should stop dividing & commonizing things.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
gabinogem:
the spiritual works in tandem with the physical hence there should be no discrepancy about both... religion should stop dividing & commonizing things.
You took the words out of my mouth. Thanks. Stoical, You have been answered.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? by Stoical: 3:53pm On Mar 23, 2016
gabinogem:

You are right, but the worldly way of life do sometimes go against the spiritual things...note, I use worldly instead of physical, because I know that the spiritual needs the physical to express "itself".

AirSultan, I wish his response did expatiate more on the topic. He rather explained the connection between spiritual and physical.

If there are no scholarly explanations to the act as rep in the photo...I really have not learn

Lalatisclala or MOD involve, I hope this is in the right section?
Re: What Is The Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
Stoical:

You are right, but the worldly way of life do sometimes go against the spiritual things...note, I use worldly instead of physical, because I know that the spiritual needs the physical to express "itself".

AirSultan, I wish his response did expatiate more on the topic. He rather explained the connection between spiritual and physical.

If there are no scholarly explanations to the act as rep in the photo...I really have not learn
There is nothing schorlarly about it. It is purely spiritual and physical. They are dressed that way not only because its their choice physically but because it enhance their spiritual being. Just like nuns, monks, bishops etcetera
Re: What Is The Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? by gabinogem(m): 4:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
Stoical:

Lalatisclala or MOD involve, I hope this is in the right section?
that is why I said religion has its ways of commonizing things and makes it look unimportant...

Anything that's done in the physical has its spiritual significance whether u tag it "worldly" or not. The photo they took has its spiritual significance whether they lack the knowledge of it or not.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? by Youngsage: 7:51pm On Mar 23, 2016
AirSultan:

There is nothing schorlarly about it. It is purely spiritual and physical. They are dressed that way not only because its their choice physically but because it enhance their spiritual being. Just like nuns, monks, bishops etcetera
Okay. Now can you please address the O. P's question -what is the ESSENCE of the photo taking
Nobody asked them why they are dressed that way. Wait, we all know why they are dressed that way, or don't we? I am also as curious as the o.p to know the answer to that question.. Or was it taken at gun point?

@ the bolded: I have yet to meet one of those, whose manner of dressing can be said to be similar to those pictured above, who are faceless.

Your argument above remains off topic.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? by Stoical: 11:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
Well, I won't call out or mention names again. I would rather not claim ignorant of the spiritual cum physical reasons for the outfit. I was only concern or try to understand the rationale behind the photo, as posterity can't even identify them(physically). I know God can, but He doesn't require their pix to do that.

Trying not to be insistent, Youngsage has reiterated my question...
Re: What Is The Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? by gabinogem(m): 5:02am On Mar 24, 2016
Photography has it's significance whether u are religious or not. People have various reasons why they take pictures. I think they took that pic for the purpose of remembrance which is best known to them alone.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? by Bobbysmart6(m): 6:58am On Mar 24, 2016
And wat alxo d use of makeup.wen no one can see hw beauty it is on u.bt mr man mind ur business.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Photo-taking Here??? by Youngsage: 3:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
Bobbysmart6:
And wat alxo d use of makeup.wen no one can see hw beauty it is on u. bt mr man mind ur business.
shocked

(1) (Reply)

Study Online With Coursera.org And Earn A Certificate On Discount Rate. / Complete Project Topics And Materials In Mathematics / Thai Students Caught Cheating With “mission Impossible” Spy Glasses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.