Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created (1673 Views)

Sir Ernest Shackleton's Grandson Becomes 1st Person To Cross Antarctica In A Car / Probably, This Worm Is Another Reason Why People Don’t Live In Antarctica (pic / Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by hkidola00(m): 11:24am On Mar 23, 2016
Firstly,this is not to rate down or defame explorers point on fact about Antarctica.
I saw the point he made about "you can't walk on Antarctica unless u have ur wisdom teeth and appendix removed"..... so my point is AVATAR: THE LAST AIR BENDER movie was shot in antarctica with the whole crew there from d actors and actress to the light crew to the make up artiste and so on.
so dear explorer, are u tryna say they all had dere wisdom teeth and appendix remove just for movie..
so pls enlightene me...

Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by madgoat(m): 11:33am On Mar 23, 2016
OP OP OP..... How many times did I call ur name?
Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by tempem: 11:39am On Mar 23, 2016
Why not google it? Anyways, you said you meant no harm. But, explorer will answer you decently, he isn't a type who is not open to questioning.
Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by hkidola00(m): 11:48am On Mar 23, 2016
madgoat:
OP OP OP..... How many times did I call ur name?
havevu eaten ur grass this morning

1 Like

Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by tempem: 11:58am On Mar 23, 2016
Aside the pix, have you googled the last air bender shooting location?
Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by hkidola00(m): 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
tempem:
Aside the pix, have you googled the last air bender shooting location?
of cos, I'm not talking base on d pic, i av watch some of the behind the scene and read about it, so im wondering if the dey actually had to remove some organ
Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by tempem: 12:14pm On Mar 23, 2016
hkidola00:
of cos, I'm not talking base on d pic, i av watch some of the behind the scene and read about it, so im wondering if the dey actually had to remove some organ
I've also googled it. Please, link.
Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by Explorers(m): 12:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
hkidola00:
Firstly,this is not to rate down or defame explorers point on fact about Antarctica.
I saw the point he made about "you can't walk on Antarctica unless u have ur wisdom teeth and appendix removed"..... so my point is AVATAR: THE LAST AIR BENDER movie was shot in antarctica with the whole crew there from d actors and actress to the light crew to the make up artiste and so on.
so dear explorer, are u tryna say they all had dere wisdom teeth and appendix remove just for movie..
so pls enlightene me...

Refering to this movie?

Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by hkidola00(m): 7:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
Explorers:

Refering to this movie?
yeah yeah, dat d movie
Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by Explorers(m): 7:33pm On Mar 23, 2016
hkidola00:
yeah yeah, dat d movie

Good, this movie was released in June, 2010. But before i continue bro, can you tell me what makes you think the movies was shot in Antarctica or can you provide a source?
Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by tpiah2: 7:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
tempem:
Why not google it? Anyways, you said you meant no harm. But, explorer will answer you decently, he isn't a type who is not open to questioning.

Actually, he is, he only answers people on his list of who he can answer.
Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by Mystiqme: 7:42pm On Mar 23, 2016
Explorers:

Good, this movie was released in June, 2010. But before i continue bro, can you tell me what makes you think the movies was shot in Antarctica or can you provide a source?

That was a nice thread, but that specific claim was false. See link: http://www.antarctica.gov.au/about-antarctica/people-in-antarctica/health

Also, I have friends in my school who go to Antartica for their research during the Antartican summer which is winter here, and none of them had to remove their appendix.
Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by Funjosh(m): 7:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
Mystiqme:

That was a nice thread, but that specific claim was false. See link: http://www.antarctica.gov.au/about-antarctica/people-in-antarctica/health

Also, I have friends in my school who go to Antartica for their research during the Antartican summer which is winter here, and none of them had to remove their appendix.

Reading through the link you posted, their is some element of truth in what Explorer said because it was once like that. smiley
Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by Mystiqme: 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2016
Funjosh:

Reading through the link you posted, their is some element of truth in what Explorer said because it was once like that. smiley
There isn't. The article says doctors are required to, not citizens who want to conduct research or expeditions. And these doctors are specifically doctors who are stationed at the Antartica, because there is only one doctor there at a given time.
Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by Explorers(m): 8:18pm On Mar 23, 2016
Mystiqme:

Actually, Antarctica is an extreme, remote environment, and medical facilities are very limited.
Going to Antarctica as a worker or scientist who will stay for a long time must pass rigorous medical and dental examinations. Having appendix removed is not really a must, but because of the past experience, the stranded doctor that had appendicitis on an expedition on the antarctic decades back. Thats why they adopted the idea that appendix must be checked or removed before working in Antarctica, you know like a precaution. If you go through the second page of the thread again, you will i posted that Antarctica takes large number of tourists annually and am so sure they are not removing their appendix. Same goes for the wisdom tooth, low level of dental care just in case.

Another thing, the op hkidola00 said "Walk" but i said "Work"
Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by Mystiqme: 8:22pm On Mar 23, 2016
Explorers:

Actually, Antarctica is an extreme, remote environment, and medical facilities are very limited.
Going to Antarctica as a worker or scientist who will stay for a long time must pass rigorous medical and dental examinations. Having appendix removed is not really a must, but because of the past experience, the stranded doctor that had appendicitis on an expedition on the antarctic decades back. That's why the idea was taken then that appendix must be checked or removed before working in Antarctica, you know like a precaution. If you go through the second page of the thread again, you will i posted that Antarctica takes large number of tourists annually and am so sure they are not removing their appendix. Same goes for the wisdom tooth, low level of dental care just in case.

That's what I wanted to establish. We are now in agreement.
Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by Funjosh(m): 8:24pm On Mar 23, 2016
Mystiqme:

There isn't. The article says doctors are required to, not citizens who want to conduct research or expeditions. And these doctors are specifically doctors who are stationed at the Antartica, because there is only one doctor there at a given time.

The doctors are human and are to work their so their is some truth in it.
Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by hkidola00(m): 9:58am On Mar 24, 2016
Explorers:

haha, I watched d behind d scene, d plots, location, and all with d whole crew there, u can check Google, or you tube for d whole stuff, because of the water tribe stuff, dey had to look for cozy and humid environment
Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by Explorers(m): 10:09am On Mar 24, 2016
hkidola00:
haha, I watched d behind d scene, d plots, location, and all with d whole crew there, u can check Google, or you tube for d whole stuff, because of the water tribe stuff, dey had to look for cozy and humid environment

What if i tell you that the water tribe set was constructed?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by Explorers(m): 10:18am On Mar 24, 2016
Outside the set of the water tribes: Former US Navy airplane hanger, Philadelphia, US.

Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by Explorers(m): 10:20am On Mar 24, 2016
Inside the US Navy Hanger: The water tribe set during construction.

Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by Explorers(m): 10:22am On Mar 24, 2016
The set during construction.

Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by Explorers(m): 10:23am On Mar 24, 2016
The set after construction.

Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by Explorers(m): 11:00am On Mar 24, 2016
more.

Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by Explorers(m): 11:28am On Mar 24, 2016
The movie was shot in Philadelphia, US and few shots were taken in Greenland cos the producer wanted real ice&iceberg for some particular scenes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0938283/locations?item=lc0327519&mode=desktop

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jul/07/business/la-fi-ct-onlocation-20100707
cc: hkidola00

1 Like

Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by Funjosh(m): 1:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by hkidola00(m): 5:29pm On Mar 24, 2016
Explorers:
The movie was shot in Philadelphia, US and few shots were taken in Greenland cos the producer wanted real ice&iceberg for some particular scenes.

no pls explorer, some shot was done in planteau bay, antarctica
Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by chukxie(m): 6:30am On Mar 25, 2016
Explorers:

Respect to you, Explorer. You undoubtedly do your research before you post stuff here. Twale!
Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by surestakes: 10:22am On Mar 25, 2016
Explorers:

What if i tell you that the water tribe set was constructed?

Tell am tongue
Re: A Question Of Notice For Explorer On The Antarctica Thread He Created by hkidola00(m): 1:43pm On Mar 25, 2016
chukxie:

Respect to you, Explorer. You undoubtedly do your research before you post stuff here. Twale!
no one is saying he his wrong, but d movie was shot in Antarctica too, moreover, i think he should remove d fact of d appendix and wisdom tooth, dat not true

(1) (Reply)

Bermuda Triangle:the True Story / Woman Denied UK Visa For Being ‘over-qualified’ In English / I Need List Of Best 5 European Countries One Could Travel To Easily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.