Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,213 members, 7,807,727 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) (52455 Views)

Ayiri Emami Pictured With Dangote & Oshiomhole At Eko Hotel In Lagos / Photos Of Iara Oshiomhole At Obaseki's Campaign With Okorocha & Others / Adamawa's SSG, Umar Bindir's Phone Spotted At A Function (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by 4nobody4every1: 4:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
sukkot:
me personally i think he bowed so that oshomole can see how nice and respectful he was to his wife and then maybe osho can give him plenty government contracts. you know these niggas are very calculative in their actions and thinkings lolz grin grin grin grin
Dayumm, big brethrengrin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by dikeigbo2(m): 4:29pm On Mar 23, 2016
rosieluv:

i support ur claim n i dnt c anityn wrong wit wat e did. He bowed coz dats aw d whites do it

Girl,which of the whites do such a shameless act?

So take whites out of this,its pure fake loyalty
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by MadCow1: 4:29pm On Mar 23, 2016
TippyTop:

Your pic shows a king, of course we bow to Kings. What's your point?

Your Post;

It is against our tradition to bow to someone younger than us talkless of a woman.

The highlighted is my Point. The King is younger than his subjects yet they bow to him.

Its not the person you bow to but the office and the Powers they wield.

She may be a Woman but she occupies an 'Office', Probably representing her husband at that occasion so there is nothing wrong with that. If the Queen of England enters your house, even your father would bow to 'Her Majesty' in recognition of the 'Crown'.

Stop sweating nothing!

2 Likes

Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by sukkot: 4:31pm On Mar 23, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Dayumm, big brethrengrin grin
lolz i can bet money on it. dat nigga want edo state government contracts lolz grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by TippyTop(m): 4:32pm On Mar 23, 2016
MadCow1:

Your Post;

The highlighted is my Point. The King is younger than his subjects yet they bow to him.

Its not the person you bow to but the office and the Powers they wield.

She may be a Woman but she occupies an 'Office', Probably representing her husband at that occasion so there is nothing wrong with that. If the Queen of England enters your house, even your father would bow to 'Her Majesty' in recognition of the 'Crown'.

Stop sweating nothing!

He didn't have to bow to her, she was neither a Queen nor an elder.
Bowing to people in our tradition is reserved for royalty or elders.

1 Like

Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by 4nobody4every1: 4:35pm On Mar 23, 2016
sukkot:
lolz i can bet money on it. dat nigga want edo state government contracts lolz grin grin grin grin grin
True that grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by MadCow1: 4:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
TippyTop:

He didn't have to bow to her, she was neither a Queen nor an elder.
Bowing to people in our tradition is reserved for royalty or elders.

Really!

Which tradition?

Your village in Particular or Nigeria in General?
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by Otsealu1(f): 4:42pm On Mar 23, 2016
Lol, see the way his colleague is looking at him High service in the highest order
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by ezendiigbonine: 4:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
aruuu!!!!!!!......... ufodu umu nwoke na-aza umu nwoke soso maka na ha nwere amu.
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by aresa: 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
This is common courtesy.

Jobless people...
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by Rexnegro(m): 5:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
Angelberry:
How old will the oba be 20 Him bowing to that girl is very wrong. What's the eye service for There are things I hate doing and this is one of them. can't bow to my child. Mbanu!!
oh no wonder You re from the east where You people don't have respect or courtesy for Your kings....hence Your comment.
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by flez09: 5:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
Angelberry:
Everything is wrong about it, if she's a Yoruba lady, she would av knelt down immediately cos its like a taboo. I won't allow this even if I'm the first lady of Nigeria

Well said my dear....and any properly raised lady wouldn't let him do that. No matter the office. Oya ooooo shebi girls want gender equality. This is just the beginning #kwantiniu
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by AceDomino(m): 5:12pm On Mar 23, 2016
joborskill:
There is nothing wrong in the man's action. He is not bowing down to Lara per say but the office she represents which is the first lady of Edo state. Lara will attract similar respect as the governor because she is closer to oshiomole than any consitutional rank in the government house. Obasanjo and Fayose recently bowed down to a 41 years old Ooni of Ife. Such gestures means they bow down to the institution Ooni represents

Sorry mate.. but the Ooni of Ife is not, will not, and will never be in the same typa shoe as the as Lara
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by Reference(m): 5:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
Don't see anything wrong with it. But this is a personal opinion because I am absolutely de-tribalised. I am free to be human first.
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by koladebrainiac(m): 5:22pm On Mar 23, 2016
THATS HOW GENTLEMEN GREET
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by cococandy(f): 5:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
Misogynists and ageists.
I know the problem is because she's a young woman.
Hope to see the day y'all begin to respect women
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by sharatech(m): 5:35pm On Mar 23, 2016
joborskill:
There is nothing wrong in the man's action. He is not bowing down to Lara per say but the office she represents which is the first lady of Edo state. Lara will attract similar respect as the governor because she is closer to oshiomole than any consitutional rank in the government house. Obasanjo and Fayose recently bowed down to a 41 years old Ooni of Ife. Such gestures means they bow down to the institution Ooni represents
so u won't to us a king to compare a first lady?
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by Uzoigwe1(m): 5:39pm On Mar 23, 2016
God forbid..... How can an elder bow to an imported little girl. #Buhari.is.to.blame. Hunger in the air.
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by Koleman(m): 5:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
joborskill:
guy u get sense...no mind the hypocrites... he is bowing to the office not the lady...
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by tatucci: 5:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
my own problem na say him over bow. him for just bow small.. grin grin
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by vislabraye(m): 6:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
obiremy:
Many Nigerians did not find it funny when they a picture of a man paying obeisance to Lara Oshiomole surfaced online.According to an Esan by birth reader who sent the photo and reactions to me,it is a shameless act.He wrote.....

'It is obvious that we have some people with tumors in their brains,thereby making their brains function anticlockwisely.I am an African man and an Esan man by birth. If this shameless, useless and poverty sticking man were to be my father (God forbids) I will stone him to death
This isn't Courtesy!
But stupidity, and POVERTY INDUCED MADNESS'.

Read how other people reacted above

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/edo-people-react-as-man-pay-obeisance.html

See person papa.
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by creepsyme(f): 6:14pm On Mar 23, 2016
obiremy:
Many Nigerians did not find it funny when they a picture of a man paying obeisance to Lara Oshiomole surfaced online.According to an Esan by birth reader who sent the photo and reactions to me,it is a shameless act.He wrote.....

'It is obvious that we have some people with tumors in their brains,thereby making their brains function anticlockwisely.I am an African man and an Esan man by birth. If this shameless, useless and poverty sticking man were to be my father (God forbids) I will stone him to death
This isn't Courtesy!

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/edo-people-react-as-man-pay-obeisance.html
stone him to death kwaa? find out to be sure ur father does not do worse things.
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by fireforfire: 6:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
Nose service
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by pafun(m): 7:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
boujaye:
so by the law of palace analysis, the elderly man is right to bow down for Iara? How many F9 you score for WAEC?
LOL How many times do you intend to take WAEC before you finally turn 50. If I call you fool now, some olodo moderator like you might ban me. The man is bowing for the position not the person.
Anyway you no dey go church , else i will ask you if old people no dey bow for your pastor's wife.
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by pinkpearl17(f): 7:21pm On Mar 23, 2016
All these hypocrites. Most of them lick the shoes of their female bosses. Who knows u? If you have not attained the power to warrant someone bowing to you, just be quiet. Whether you like it or not, she is the first lady, more powerful that most of these people ranting. Even if the man chose to prostrate for her, it is his business. Your fathers must have even done worse. Stop the hypocrisy. Pls.

1 Like

Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by Reptyle(m): 8:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
obiremy:

This isn't Courtesy!

We Nigerians have a knack for making a mountain out of nothing.

1 Like

Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by olisaEze(m): 8:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
joborskill:
there's no such thing as "the office of the 1st lady" in Edo state. As professed many times over by Gov. Adams Oshiomole.
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by grandstar(m): 8:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
TippyTop:

It is against our tradition to bow to someone younger than us talkless of a woman.
This is far more honourable than calling the pastor's wife "mummy" even when many years younger than you!
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by Obamina(m): 8:29pm On Mar 23, 2016
It's our culture esp we yorubas, it doesn't matter. y are u talking as if it's your first time of seeing such?
Angelberry:
See somebody's father bowing to his daughter's age mate.
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 23, 2016
joborskill:
APC pipo
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by pacespot(m): 8:46pm On Mar 23, 2016
Sycophancy is the second nature of an average Nigerian. Talking from experience, when you're in a small car, you will see an old man old enough to be your grandpa calling you Daddy. The annoying thing is that, the same man will take an offense tomorrow when you pass him by without greeting without a car.

I heard someone saying he is bowing for the office she represents, I tell you this man is bowing for her pocket. Even, does a first lady has an office according to the constitution? Supposed it was a governor, where is it even written in the constitution that you should bow for a public office holder? Her husband is not a traditional ruler for heaven sake.

This is just a sycophancy at its peak!
Re: Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic) by Djbaka(m): 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
Tolatutu:

It's part of his human rights to bow for whoever he wishes. He was not compelled to, so its his choice. If you chose not to do so that's fine, why should anyone have a problem with what a grown man chose to do
No one is saying it's not his choice.
PEJ saying on National TV 'My fellow widows', it was her choice, but does that make it right?
The society judges your actions whether they be right or not.
To the society, that act of his is uncalled for and some people might term it disgraceful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Orders EFCC To Probe Ex Service Chiefs,Serving & Former Military Leaders / Governor Alex Otti Meets With President Tinubu (Photo) / Buhari And Sheriff's Campaign Poster In 2003

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.