Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,809 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? (6028 Views)

Intersting Facts About The Kalabari Ijaws Of Rivers State (PICTURES) / Rivers Wedding (opobo N Kalabari) / Kalabari People! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 25, 2010
here's a pic from the event.
I've some video's but can't upload them as they are too large

Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by asha80(m): 11:59am On Oct 25, 2010
Wey u for this pic na cheesy ^^^
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by AndreUweh(m): 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2010
@Igbo Boy: nice photographs from you. In that pic is Adaeze and her husband.
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by AndreUweh(m): 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2010
The Igbo Youths UK dance group-Egwu Ofu Obi.

Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by AndreUweh(m): 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2010
Main event.

Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2010
Yep, thats Adaeze and the husband.

I've got lots of video on my phone but can't upload them cos they are too large
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by AndreUweh(m): 10:54pm On Oct 25, 2010
More pics from Iri Ji 2010, L0ndon.

Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by AndreUweh(m): 11:30pm On Dec 23, 2010
For the first time in the history of Igbo Youths U.K, a non Igbo has been elected into the executive chamber of the organisation. Miss Ama Nana is not of Igbo parentage but is Igbo at heart. She grew up in Nsukka, speaks Igbo fluently and sees herself as Igbo. In the election, Miss Nana pulled 81 votes against the closest contestant who got 69 votes. The victorious Nana in her victory speech spoke on how she intends to use her wealth of experience in British Army and other organisations to promote Igbo interest in the U.K.
At the moment, she is in Igboland representing Igbo Youths U.K in one of the Igbo events over the christmas period. The Ohanaeze U.K chapter as well as Amb Ralph Uwaechue has been briefed over this development. Happy christmas to you all.

1 Like

Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by Obiagu1(m): 11:41pm On Dec 23, 2010
Good for her. I wish her success as a member of the executive chamber of Igbo Youths U.K.
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 31, 2011
This Thread is old but it just popped up on my search engine. Should Nnewi and Igbos be part of a NIGER DELTA republic or should Ngwa and Igbos be part of Niger Delta republic ? The way this would sound to the Igbos is how this thread is sounding to the Ijaws, KALABARI is an Ijaw ethnic group just as NGWA is an Igbo ethnic group, I hope people would learn from this,
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by ChinenyeN(m): 5:16pm On Dec 31, 2011
You know, if you actually want to be accurate in what you're saying, you should then add "now" before "an _____ ethnic group".
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by ifyalways(f): 5:33pm On Dec 31, 2011
killayut:

This Thread is old but it just popped up on my search engine. Should Nnewi and Igbos be part of a NIGER DELTA republic or should Ngwa and Igbos be part of Niger Delta republic ? The way this would sound to the Igbos is how this thread is sounding to the Ijaws, KALABARI is an Ijaw ethnic group just as NGWA is an Igbo ethnic group, I hope people would learn from this,
. . .and you just had to say this?lolz

Chillax,its just a youth group/association,not necessarily changing their roots or making them become Igbos.Well,since you are here lemme ask this;are their Ijaw/Kalabari youths association/org. in UK?

Happy Holidays
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 01, 2012
Ifyalways The youths are the adults of tomorrow. Misinforming them would lead to unnecessary conclusion when they grow old. I am sure the youths deserve sound education and information to be future leaders .
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by AndreUweh(m): 5:45pm On Jan 01, 2012
^^^Some of the Kalabaris that have joined this association have gained immensely. They are still kalabaris.
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by ifyalways(f): 12:12am On Jan 02, 2012
killayut:

Ifyalways The youths are the adults of tomorrow. Misinforming them would lead to unnecessary conclusion when they grow old. I am sure the youths deserve sound education and information to be future leaders .
I don't quite get this,who is mis-informing who?
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by ezeagu(m): 1:26am On Jan 02, 2012
killayut:

This Thread is old but it just popped up on  my search engine.    Should Nnewi  and Igbos be part of a NIGER DELTA  republic   or  should   Ngwa  and  Igbos  be  part of  Niger Delta  republic ?   The way this would sound to the Igbos  is how   this thread is sounding to the  Ijaws,  KALABARI   is  an Ijaw  ethnic  group  just as NGWA  is an Igbo ethnic  group,  I hope  people  would learn from this,

Can we stop pretending like Kalabari is not the most most Igbotic non-Igbo group in Nigeria? That's like getting angry because some Aro people attended an Ibibio event.
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 03, 2012
Pheeeew, I've been looking for this thread.
Andre, is there a tape/video for this event?? If yes, how do I get hold of a copy? I don't mind paying for it if I have to.

I was wondering if the event was organised again this last december,
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by AndreUweh(m): 8:41pm On Jan 03, 2012
OMO IBO:

Pheeeew, I've been looking for this thread.
Andre, is there a tape/video for this event?? If yes, how do I get hold of a copy? I don't mind paying for it if I have to.

I was wondering if the event was organised again this last december,
Nna, happy new year. It's really been long.
There were many video copies of the event then. I do not have any copy left. But I still have copies of 2009 edition.
Iri ji Igbo Youths was held in Camden, London last October. It was great.
I play a secondary role now. The guys in charge are doing alright.
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 03, 2012
Happy new year to you too. And yes, It has indeed been long.
Hope you and yours arre fine and dandy??
Do you not know where, whom and how I get a copy?? C'mon, pull some strings. 
I want my parents to see it and also whet my siblings' appetite.

When is the next event?? I need to know so as to  plan ahead.
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by ifyalways(f): 11:50pm On Jan 03, 2012
shocked
Nwa Ohuhu abi Umuopara. shocked
Anya gi?

E nwere m nani foto's,have deleted my videos(they were'nt even full lenght anyway,prolly 4 or 5 mins)Dede Andrew should be able to help you.

Ujujoan enyi gi nwanyi alugokwa di.Nke a bu first matters arising.lolz
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by AndreUweh(m): 12:04am On Jan 04, 2012
OMO IBO:

Happy new year to you too. And yes, It has indeed been long.
Hope you and yours arre fine and dandy??
Do you not know where, whom and how I get a copy?? C'mon, pull some strings.
I want my parents to see it and also whet my siblings' appetite.

When is the next event?? I need to know so as to plan ahead.
Iri Ji Igbo Youths U.K comes up October every year. It is an annual event.
As for the video copies of 2010 edition, I will make enquiries towards that.
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 04, 2012
Hmmm ifyalways, e ka no ebe ni??
Long time. I bet you and the family are doing well.

A bum onye Umuopara.

Regarding the video, I hope Andre can hook me up.
De Andre, thanks in anticipation

Lmao @ first matters arising. Are there other matters that need settling??
Congratulations to Uju. She deserves it.
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by ifyalways(f): 9:33am On Jan 04, 2012
I hope you won't disappear again once you lay your hands on the Video ? The family is doing great,we are used to the 'aguru and uguru' in the land.

Bia,when are you getting married?All these Igbo Youths meeting na get togethers should not be in vain.You never see a damsel that would not just sweep you off your feet but also kept your heart hanging in the air with love?.

Umu nwoke ndi Umuopara bu ndi ishi okpukpu though.Pesin no fit swallow una ears.
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 04, 2012
LOL.
Ify, e wu onye e'bole??
If you can say that about Umuopara, I wonder what you'd say about my own village.

Good stuff your family is hale and hearty.

Ify, e twara m aka nwanyi tofuru e tofu, ke machafurunma na nke karaka then I'll seal the deal. . . . . .yes??

I'm not so sure about hanging around here that much. I've taken on a bit more responsibility now. But hey, whenever I'm around here I'll give you a shout.
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by ifyalways(f): 5:31pm On Jan 04, 2012
A bum Onye Abia steeti cheesy a bughi m nwa Umuahia directly mana o nwere ka m siri nwee nmeko with Umuahia.

Chukwu gbahara m in advance mana gi na nwa ofe-nmanu gi e kewala? O ga-amasi m ma uziza gi buru "eeeh,n'ezie anyi e kewela" LOL.

Owu nani ndi agafu nwoke dika Ikomi,Toshman bu ihe di nma ilu ndi mba ozo;and thats punishment for all their iberibe.Nwoke oma dika gi bu omalicha ada Igbo ka ahu gi choro.

I'd put my eyes,nose and ear down.Plus i think I know your spec.A naghi agba aka alu nwanyi so i don't expect ihu gi ebe a often,man gotta do what he's gotta do.Pop in only when its convinent jare.
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 04, 2012
LMAO
Chai, unu anaghi echefu ihe. . . .
Yessooo, muna nwa'hu ekewala. O tekwala munaya ke soro.
So, gbawakwa mbo.

No qualms. Anya'm ga no na threadi'a maka gi na Andre.

Udo diri unu.
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by AndreUweh(m): 7:24pm On Jan 04, 2012
@Omo Ibo

Biko, kpo Mazi Ejiogu na akara ya:.
Nwa amadi a wu onye ndu ogbako anyi na ekwu okwu ya.
Agam ewepu (delete) akara na abalia.
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 04, 2012
Emela De Andre.
I appreciate
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by Emyachris: 7:07am On May 09, 2015
Olu na igbo bu Otu ihe. Ijaw is like our nwadiana. Nwa di na ana we ana. As per ika, anioma, Ikwerre, Etche etc.they are full flesh igbo. Welcome them inugo.
Re: Should Kalabari And Ijo Youths Be Allowed To Join Igbo Youths UK? by IGBOSON2: 7:07pm On May 09, 2015
ChinenyeN:
If Ijo and Igbo are in one association, then it no longer become an Igbo association, but I don't see a problem with the Ijo youth having an association in affiliation with the Igbo youth association (and vice versa).

Just my thoughts.

^^^Precisely! All our cousins and neighbours should be welcome.....they should give it another name though!

What the older Igbo association should do is help the Ijaw/Kalabari set up their own union so eventually they can become an independent/heterogenous union of their own!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Natural Cure For Genital Warts, Herpes & Other Infections / A Brief History Of Ilorin Emirate Caliph) / Area Scatter Of Ukonu's Club Aba - Gay Or A Drag Queen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.