Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging (4176 Views)

Please Help Me... Hp Laptop Battery Not Charging / Help! Laptop Battery Problem / Help! Laptop Battery Suddenly Drops To 0% While Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Acidosis(m): 4:12pm On Mar 23, 2016
This issue started this afternoon. Right now, the PC practically goes off when power is off.

The message reads:
"41% available (plugged in, not charging)"

Please folks, where can I get this fixed today or tomorrow without issues? Please note it's an ultrabook with inbuilt battery that lasts 6 hours with minimal use.

Laptop is: Hp Envy 4 Ultrabook (Touchsmart).
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Ojestas(m): 4:35pm On Mar 23, 2016
Remove the battery, re- insert
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Acidosis(m): 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ojestas:
Remove the battery, re- insert
Do you think it's safe to remove the battery since it's inbuilt?
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Ojestas(m): 4:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
Acidosis:

Do you think it's safe to remove the battery since it's inbuilt?
Ohh .. Inbuilt??. . Unsafe then. . You can check computer Engineers if ain't a software issue.
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Acidosis(m): 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ojestas:
Ohh .. Inbuilt??. . Unsafe then. . You can check computer Engineers if ain't a software issue.

Alright, I'm looking forward to seeing one on Nairaland. Thanks for your input

1 Like

Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Acidosis(m): 11:18pm On Mar 23, 2016
sad sad
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Lexusgs430: 12:53am On Mar 24, 2016
Check the battery power options and verify if the charging times are not preset.
Blow air(with your mouth), through the tip that connects to your laptop and the connector on the laptop,to blow out any dust particles.
Hopefully, either of this might work.
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Acidosis(m): 8:02am On Mar 24, 2016
Lexusgs430:
Check the battery power options and verify if the charging times are not preset.
Blow air(with your mouth), through the tip that connects to your laptop and the connector on the laptop,to blow out any dust particles.
Hopefully, either of this might work.
Thanks bro
I tried the second method but it didn't work. I really don't get the way to verify the first.

Sadly, the battery this morning has dropped to "0% available, plugged in, not charging."

Although, I've 'overused' the laptop, its barely 18 months old.
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Sijo01(f): 9:20am On Mar 24, 2016
Have you considered the fact that your charger have been blown up by epileptic/unstable power supply? Try using another charger to charge it if this did not work, then something is wrong with the charging port.
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by glimpse(f): 10:07am On Mar 24, 2016
my laptop has been doing that since. I only charge it when it is switched off.
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Acidosis(m): 12:32pm On Mar 24, 2016
Sijo01:
Have you considered the fact that your charger have been blown up by epileptic/unstable power supply? Try using another charger to charge it if this did not work, then something is wrong with the charging port.

I've been searching for a similar port, but I've been unable to find one. Mine has a smaller port.

Well I equally believe the problem is unconnected with epileptic power, hopefully, ill find a lasting solution. Thanks dear
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Acidosis(m): 12:34pm On Mar 24, 2016
glimpse:
my laptop has been doing that since. I only charge it when it is switched off.

Do you make use of your laptop when power is down? Mine works like a Desktop now, it goes off immediately power is gone, and refuses to charge
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by shawlxAk(m): 1:23pm On Mar 24, 2016
Try the following.

1. Reset the BIOS settings.

2. Go into device manager, locate the battery driver, uninstall it and then reboot the system.

3. Test with another similar charger.

4. Test with another similar battery.

5. Report your findings.

Acidosis:
This issue started this afternoon. Right now, the PC practically goes off when power is off.

The message reads:
"41% available (plugged in, not charging)"

Please folks, where can I get this fixed today or tomorrow without issues? Please note it's an ultrabook with inbuilt battery that lasts 6 hours with minimal use.

Laptop is: Hp Envy 4 Ultrabook (Touchsmart).
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Acidosis(m): 12:01am On Mar 25, 2016
shawlxAk:

Try the following.

1. Reset the BIOS settings.

2. Go into device manager, locate the battery driver, uninstall it and then reboot the system.

3. Test with another similar charger.

4. Test with another similar battery.

5. Report your findings.

Thanks bro, I'll examine these options and provide a feedback
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Eze2000(m): 8:08am On Mar 25, 2016
mine just started yesterday ....95% plugged in not charging. But then my battery storage capacity has been falling for 2 month. system says to replace for optimal performance
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 25, 2016
check the threads I solved such a problem before you may not really need much except a few keys...but what is the model of your laptop...Toshiba, Samsung, Asus, Acer, Lenovo or hp? and configuration.

Acidosis:

Thanks bro, I'll examine these options and provide a feedback
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Acidosis(m): 8:20am On Mar 25, 2016
SmartChoices:
check the threads I solved such a problem before you may not really need much except a few keys...but what is the model of your laptop...Toshiba, Samsung, Asus, Acer, Lenovo or hp? and configuration.

good morning bro

It's hp
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Acidosis(m): 8:21am On Mar 25, 2016
Eze2000:
mine just started yesterday ....95% plugged in not charging. But then my battery storage capacity has been falling for 2 month. system says to replace for optimal performance
"replace for optimal performance" is fair and clear
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 25, 2016
Hp what? Morning acidiosis
Acidosis:

good morning bro

It's hp
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 25, 2016
also if you remove the ba3 and plug the charger alone does it work?
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Acidosis(m): 8:30am On Mar 25, 2016
SmartChoices:
Hp what? Morning acidiosis

Its hp envy 4 ultrabook (touchsmart)

I've not been able to try your recommended techniques, but as soon as we're supplied with power, I'll attempt it all.
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 25, 2016
please try if it works with only charger when ba3 is removed.
Acidosis:

Its hp envy 4 ultrabook (touchsmart)

I've not been able to try your recommended techniques, but as soon as we're supplied with power, I'll attempt it all.
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 25, 2016
is it windows 10 upgrade?
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Acidosis(m): 9:15am On Mar 25, 2016
SmartChoices:
please try if it works with only charger when ba3 is removed.

That's a challenge, the battery is inbuilt. I downloaded this online so you can see the size. I'm hoping it won't affect the panel if* the battery needs a replacement.

Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Acidosis(m): 9:16am On Mar 25, 2016
SmartChoices:
is it windows 10 upgrade?
No its 8
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 25, 2016
Acidosis:

No its 8

Re: HP Envy Ultrabook with Windows 8.1 - Battery not charging even though plugged in
Options
‎12-05-2014 09:18 AM
Have you run the UEFI PC Diagnostic component test for the battery?

Power button --> immediately tap the Esc key --> when the startup menu is invoked, press F2 to select the UEFI PC Diagnostics and then choose component test --> Battery.

The battery can be removed and replaced if the diagnostic tells you it has failed. The instructions for doing that are in the Mintenence & Service Guide for the sleekbook on page 43.

I found the battery for sale on Amazon.com. I found it a bit pricey. Use Google or another search engine to shop for a good price on the original HP part number 681949-001
http://www.amazon.com/HP-681949-001-Battery-Primary-EL04052XL-PL/dp/B009SOIC8G

www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-Ultrabook-with-Windows-8-1-Battery-not-charging-even/m-p/4763005#M157530">http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-Ultrabook-with-Windows-8-1-Battery-not-charging-even/m-p/4763005#M157530

1 Like

Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Acidosis(m): 2:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
SmartChoices:

Re: HP Envy Ultrabook with Windows 8.1 - Battery not charging even though plugged in
Options
‎12-05-2014 09:18 AM
Have you run the UEFI PC Diagnostic component test for the battery?

Power button --> immediately tap the Esc key --> when the startup menu is invoked, press F2 to select the UEFI PC Diagnostics and then choose component test --> Battery.

The battery can be removed and replaced if the diagnostic tells you it has failed. The instructions for doing that are in the Mintenence & Service Guide for the sleekbook on page 43.

I found the battery for sale on Amazon.com. I found it a bit pricey. Use Google or another search engine to shop for a good price on the original HP part number 681949-001
http://www.amazon.com/HP-681949-001-Battery-Primary-EL04052XL-PL/dp/B009SOIC8G

www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-Ultrabook-with-Windows-8-1-Battery-not-charging-even/m-p/4763005#M157530">http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-Ultrabook-with-Windows-8-1-Battery-not-charging-even/m-p/4763005#M157530

wow! Thanks a lot bro, God bless you for the info.

I did the battery test, it failed

I checked the Amazon link shocked that's about N25-30k, given the dollar hike, for only Battery??shocked

How much do you think I can get from this PC if I put it up for sale?
Cost for a brand new as of 2014/2015 was N140k This is not the best time to spend such an amount on battery
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 25, 2016
y not fix it? or source for the ba3 from Zinox if you're in Lagos.

Acidosis:

wow! Thanks a lot bro, God bless you for the info.

I did the battery test, it failed

I checked the Amazon link shocked that's about N25-30k, given the dollar hike, for only Battery??shocked

How much do you think I can get from this PC if I put it up for sale?
Cost for a brand new as of 2014/2015 was N140k This is not the best time to spend such an amount on battery
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Acidosis(m): 6:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
SmartChoices:
y not fix it? or source for the ba3 from Zinox if you're in Lagos.

I'll give it a try, thanks bro, you've been very helpful. I appreciate. I think we have a Zinox in Computer village?
Re: Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Mekzmoney(m): 3:42pm On Jul 20, 2018

Good day bro. Mine is having Sam issue. It will charge upto 26 or 29% and would display "plugged in, not charging"
How do I solve this?
It's hp elitebook 8440. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Windows 7 Acer Notebook-i Cant Set A Picture As My Background / Whatsapp Group For Computer Engineers And Endusers / Share Simple Server Connection Via Hotspot With Manual Configuration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.