Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) (15777 Views)

Fake Doctor Arrested For Killing Patients In Ondo State / "MouthAction Is Dangerous" Gynaecologist Warns / Photos Of This Cute Nigerian Gynaecologist Who Is Making Waves Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by dre11(m): 7:25am On Mar 24, 2016
Olufemi Atoyebi, Ibadan

The police in Oyo State have nabbed one Mrs. Damilola Ojo for allegedly defrauding three persons of the sum of N23,270,700 after posing as a gynaecologist.

Ojo, who said she engaged the services of a spiritualist to convince her victims, added that she lied to them that she worked at the University College Hospital in Ibadan.

The suspect bought a number of luxury vehicles and built a hospital at Moniya, Ibadan with part of the money she made from the illegal business.

The state Commissioner of Police, Leye Oyebade, told reporters while parading the suspect in Ibadan on Wednesday that Ojo also defrauded her victims by telling them that she could use her contacts to help them get oil and gas contracts.

The CP added, “In what appears to be her nemesis, Damilola was reportedly defrauded of the sum of N48m by another fraudster, Asifu Ajinikirun, who claimed to be a spiritualist. The suspect was known in her church and neighbourhood as Dr. Dammy Ojo. She had worked as a nurse at Goodswill Hospital, Oyo, where she was employed with a “To whom it may concern’ document.”

One of her victims, Funke Olagbaju, who lives at Oluyole Estate in Ibadan, said she met the suspect during a church programme in December 2015 and that she fell victim to the fraudster because she was desperate to have a child after 12 years of marriage.

Olagbaju said, “I was told by some members of the church that the woman was a gynaecologist at the University College Hospital, Ibadan.

“I have been married for 12 years without a child; so I thought it was an opportunity to meet someone who could treat me. I was eager to meet her. She told me at a point that I had a cyst.

“My husband paid her N86,000 and another N172,700.”

She added, “One day, she said she would introduce me to an oil and gas business. She said many UCH workers were in the business. I gave her N1.25m and later N100,000.

“But she refused to take my call afterwards. When there was no way forward about the business, I asked her to return my money. But she avoided me until my husband heard about it and informed the police.”

Caleb Owokunle, who allegedly lost N22m to Ojo, said, “She told me that she had two filling stations and that I could make a fortune out of oil and gas business.

“I took a loan of N2m from the Nigerian Breweries where I work and gave it to her. In all, she took everything I had, worth N22m. I fell victim to the scam because I did not listen to my wife who is very religious.”
The third victim, Toyin Williams, said she met the suspect just like Olagbaju in church.

“She told me that she would give me three magnetic injections at N33,000 each, but I told her that I had no money. She later defrauded me of N12,000, which I paid to her to help me get a domestic help,” Wlliams said.

http://www.punchng.com/fake-gynaecologist-arrested-for-defrauding-three-of-n23m/

Pic credit: http://newtelegraphonline.com/fake-female-doctor-fleeces-victims-millions/

1 Share

Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by ijustdey: 10:41am On Mar 24, 2016
some women are now so good at the art of duping their fellow humans than men

anything a women does..... she does it better

2 Likes

Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by DICKtator: 1:32pm On Mar 24, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by Diesel1(m): 1:32pm On Mar 24, 2016
Dis country #do what u have to do to survive
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by izuplayspiano(m): 1:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
Maybe she told them she was a ghanacologist and they thought she said gynecologist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by luscioustrish(f): 1:34pm On Mar 24, 2016
Too bad...hope I'm on the front page kiss
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by missionmex(m): 1:34pm On Mar 24, 2016
Money dey naija o sad
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 24, 2016
Ahh! Eleyi gidi gan o cheesy
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by baddyoosha: 1:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
KARMA KARMA KARMA
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by Gemini21: 1:40pm On Mar 24, 2016
Pathetic
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by olapluto(m): 1:41pm On Mar 24, 2016
Church is the easiest way to catch mugu. Just call them sister X or brother Y, and they immediately lose their guard. Pastors defraud members on daily basis and still claim annointing.
I believe no kobo will come from this woman. The money is gone.
Be careful of religious people.

1 Like

Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by psp2pc(m): 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2016
greed..ojukokoro
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
God help us in Nigeria! Make rapture do come , make all these illegal nonsense end... ahan
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by banio: 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2016
The best business in the world. Fraud comes in different shapes and sizes. Let's all pray not to fall victim.

After I lost my daughter, I started hearing stories about her death. How someone was pre-informed to act so as to save her. I almost went to find out the truth in the story, but on a latter thought I concluded that it will be fraud. If I had gone they will start telling me of how they saw casket in my huz or any other story.
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by Holamide222(f): 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
What a man can do a woman can do better
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2016
lol.... Her pose in the picture be like some1 relaxing after a long photo session. All is well
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by falseman(m): 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2016
This people and fraud
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
What do we call this HARDSHIP.... .?
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by masties2(f): 3:02pm On Mar 24, 2016
banio:
The best business in the world. Fraud comes in different shapes and sizes. Let's all pray not to fall victim.

After I lost my daughter, I started hearing stories about her death. How someone was pre-informed to act so as to save her. I almost went to find out the truth in the story, but on a latter thought I concluded that it will be fraud. If I had gone they will start telling me of how they saw casket in my huz or any other story.

Sorry for your loss. May she RIP. They would probably play on your grieving heart. Good you resisted the urge.

1 Like

Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by Omotall(m): 4:02pm On Mar 24, 2016
dis one is strong o shocked
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by donofdons: 4:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
[size=18pt]she must be a johesu member embarassed[/size]
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
What of her picture, pls?
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by tomholly: 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2016
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by Timbuktu14(m): 5:42pm On Mar 24, 2016
A woman? shocked
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by curvilicious: 6:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
angry This na end time ghanacologist
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by VajanahDischaj(f): 7:21pm On Mar 24, 2016
e been wan to dey pub free toto oh
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by akigbemaru: 9:03pm On Mar 24, 2016
Quack doctor .
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by Adesiji77: 11:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
cool
Re: Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) by AmakaDNBStories(f): 12:45am On Mar 25, 2016
shocked

(1) (Reply)

TrackaNG Visits Ita-Elewa Primary Health Care Centre, Verify Activities (Pics) / Coronavirus: "We Are In Uncharted Territory" - Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO / World's First Malaria Vaccine Approved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.