Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Shadows....... - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows....... (70920 Views)

Shadows Of Death (the Girl-god) / Shadows Of The Green Part Two / Chasing Shadows. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadows....... by kingphilip(m): 11:59pm On Aug 27, 2016
Hawlahscho:

Sorry Bro
I'm not scared tongue
read am at this time of the night whether you go fit sleep peacefully

1 Like

Re: Shadows....... by RoastedCorn(m): 10:36am On Aug 29, 2016
more Boris to your waist
Re: Shadows....... by AustinBlinks(m): 11:26am On Aug 29, 2016
http://a.co/327fQVr To Love and Leave Ebook
Re: Shadows....... by Fidelismaria: 12:27am On Aug 30, 2016
Is Dat All At Op
Re: Shadows....... by AustinBlinks(m): 12:35am On Aug 30, 2016
Fidelismaria:
Is Dat All At Op
No sir . updating in few hours..
Re: Shadows....... by Fidelismaria: 12:45am On Aug 30, 2016
AustinBlinks:

Ok Am Following But Wait Ooo Re U In Any Chance Related To George Rr Martin Cos He Too Has No Problem Killin Off His Characters
Re: Shadows....... by veekid(m): 9:19am On Aug 30, 2016
AustinBlinks:

AustinBlinks own few hours means few weeks

2 Likes

Re: Shadows....... by tizblink: 9:55am On Aug 30, 2016
veekid:

True

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shadows....... by AustinBlinks(m): 11:45am On Aug 30, 2016
Fidelismaria:
Ok Am Following But Wait Ooo Re U In Any Chance Related To George Rr Martin Cos He Too Has No Problem Killin Off His Characters

Lol... No o.

1 Like

Re: Shadows....... by AustinBlinks(m): 11:49am On Aug 30, 2016
veekid:

tizblink:

True

Lolz.... You ehn

1 Like

Re: Shadows....... by Hawlahscho(m): 12:01pm On Aug 30, 2016
AustinBlinks:

Lolz.... You ehn

So, you still haven't updated.

1 Like

Re: Shadows....... by veekid(m): 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
AustinBlinks:

Lolz.... You ehn

Oga! Come and update jor

1 Like

Re: Shadows....... by AustinBlinks(m): 12:59pm On Aug 30, 2016
veekid:

Oga! Come and update jor
Hawlahscho:

So, you still haven't updated.

Latest this night... Someone else might die sha *grin
Re: Shadows....... by veekid(m): 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2016
AustinBlinks:

Abeg bro; I take God beg you, don't kill Emma
Just abeg
Re: Shadows....... by Brainz01(m): 2:16pm On Aug 30, 2016
this story is the real definition of creativity nd dopeness cool
Re: Shadows....... by tizblink: 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2016
AustinBlinks:

Chai sad
Re: Shadows....... by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 30, 2016
AustinBlinks:

no try am o
Leave emma my crush alone biko
Re: Shadows....... by AustinBlinks(m): 5:34am On Aug 31, 2016
Shadows (episode seventeen )
5:15am
Temmy: Why do bad things happen to good people??
Emma: Because the world is f@#ked that’s why.
Daniel: If i knew i was gonna die this young, i would have gone to church more
Emma: Me too… I go to church and sit behind those girls in fitted skirts…
Mary: Really? That was your reason for going to church?
Emma: No… i tried going to church for the right reasons but those girls in skimpy dresses won’t just let someone concentrate
Temmy: You Christians ehn…. you claim to go to church and the worst things happen there. As a muslim, you can’t wear something revealing and enter a mosque, you won’t dare it.
Daniel: You mean the person would be flogged , lynched or killed?
Lanre: Church is not meant for holy people, i don’t even understand why people pretend to be holy in church. The church is like a hospital where sick people go to get better. So if you see a sinner in church and wonder why pastors don’t chase them out, it’s because that isn’t the right thing to do. You can’t see a doctor chase their patients out, even if the case is obviously hopeless.
Emma: Or maybe the pastors don’t chase sinners out because sinners give offerings too you know.
Lanre: Hahaha… well if they keep coming to church, they have a better chance of being saved.
Temmy: Funny religion
Mary: Well… we don’t wash our legs and hands because we need to enter our place of worship. What’s the point of washing your hands when the heart isn’t clean. The church is welcomed to everybody… sinners or saints… If you go into any church today, no one will lynch you
Daniel: Wait… am i the only one seeing this but is that a church??
Emma: Damn!! Who brought the church topic up again?
Mary: Does it matter?
Emma: Yessss! It freaking matters! We were talking about churches and suddenly a church appear…. in the middle of freaking bush!
Lanre: Guys… calm down.
Emma: I swear to calm , i am God.
Temmy: Don’t you mean, you swear to God, you are calm?
Emma: Shut up Temmy!
Daniel: So what do we do?
Emma: Are you even asking? We move the f@#k on and get as far away as possible from here, that’s what we do.
Temmy: But wait… we could go inside and maybe find someone in there.
Emma: Of course, let’s go inside and find Mr. Death
Lanre: It’s a bad idea to go inside we should keep moving
Emma: Finally someone here is using their brain like me.
Daniel: What if there’s actually something in that church that could help us?
Mary: This looks like tha cabin all over again. I think that must teach us not to enter any building in this place… okay.
Emma: Why do you guys really wanna go inside the church sef? Daniel and Temmy… i understand both of you really want to have sex with each other before you die, but we can turn our backs and let you do it.
Lanre: We don’t have much time to wait.
Emma: Oh.. C’mon Lanre! This is Daniel we’re talking about, how much time do you think we’d wait. The guy would probably go for 22 seconds on her before… you know….So chup chup Danny boy… go ahead on her, your 22seconds starts now
Daniel: Idiot boy! I just think maybe going in would be better.
Mary: It’s 2 of you against 3 of us so i guess the decision is unanimous. We get out of here, no one is going into that church.
When they turned to leave and started walking away, a black bird flew right above them, flying straight towards the church building.
It hit the wall and fell right down…. Dead!
Mary: Oookay… Is that a bat?
Temmy: Bats are supposed to see in the night right? But that one just flew right into the wall.
Lanre: Guys… we have to keep moving now!
But then again, another bird flew above them, towards the church and straight to the wall. It fell and died.
Then the third bird…. and the fourth and then another….
The group started working as fast as they could, farther away from the church. They heard sounds of birds, flying above them, hitting tree branches and falling on the ground dead.
A flock of birds circles around them, resisting their movements, perching on the heads and pulling at their hairs.
They tried to fight them off, spanking and waving their hands into the air. But the more they tried, the more the birds came.
The birds started biting them so they were left with no other choice, they needed to find cover and there was only one place left to go.
Some birds grabbed Temmy with their legs and started flying off, lifting her feet off the ground and sending her back down but still kept dragging her off.
The rest of the group grabs her, pulling her back. Most of their hands are bloody now from the birds bites.
Emma found a long stick off the ground, he picked it up and started whipping it in the air. It caught the birds as most of them dropped down dead.
The rest of the birds dropped Temmy, leaving everyone falling on the ground. The birds flew high up into the sky. It looked like they were finally leaving.
But no… they reached a height and with full speed, they started coming back down again except this time they were even more than before.
Mary: Guys…. look! They are coming back.
Lanre: Everyone! Run to the church! More bats are coming.
Everyone scampered off their feets and started making their way towards the church they had feared not to enter. Emma led, followed closely by Lanre who was holding Mary as they ran. Daniel and Temmy was behind with the birds getting closer.
In a nick of time, they finally got into the church, with Daniel closing the door behind them with a bang . They heard the birds scratching against the door and windows of the church, trying to get in.
Silence…
The birds flew away, leaving behind creepy silence, it was dark in the church. Only Daniel still had a lamp in hand, so he switched it on. They all had different bite marks on their hands and at the center of their heads. No one said a word . Mary started crying as Lanre held her in his arms, Emma was silent, breathing heavily and holding his chest. Daniel was adjusting the lamp and Temmy….. Temmy was nowhere to be found….
Daniel: Temmy… Temmy…. Where is Temmy? Guys…
They looked around the whole church but she wasn’t there.
Lanre: Wait…. Who was the last one to enter this church?
Daniel: ehh…. emmm… I did…. i did.
Lanre: Who closed the door?
Emma: Daniel did.
Lanre: Daniel, was Temmy running in front of you or behind you?
Daniel: Oh ma God…. Oh ma God! I shut her out! I shut her out…. i ran in and just closed the door behind me (Crying)
Daniel ran towards the door but Emma held him down.
Emma: Daniel…. wait…wait! They might still be out there.
Daniel: Get out of my way man! I shut the door on her…. out of my way please….(crying)
Lanre: Ok… wait. Let me go out and see okay. Everybody calm down please. Okay.
Mary: Lanre.. please be careful.
Lanre drew a deep breath and moved towards the door. He turned the door knob and slowly began to open it. He took a peek, breathe hard again and took his first step out.
The rest stayed behind him fidgeting. Emma still held Daniel down who kept crying and wailing, trying to get up.
Lanre looked up, at first he saw nothing but then he looked down, right at the foot of the church entrance…. and there she was, lying in a pool of blood.
She laid down facing up. Blood gushing from her forehead where she must have hit her head against the door as Daniel closed it. Her eyes…. her eyes were out of her sockets, the birds must have eaten the eyeballs.
Hitting her head against the door made her pass out, that’s why they didn’t here her scream as the birds fed on her.
Lanre gasped, he felt nauseated from seeing her bloody face with no eyeballs. He went back inside the church, totally numb, oblivious to everything around him.
Mary: (crying) Lanre…. Lanre… Is she? Is she?
Lanre: Don’t look…. please don’t look!
She tried running out but he grabbed her. Daniel finally broke free from Emma’s grib and ran out of the church to see the horror. He let out a scream, hitting himself on the chest, bent down beside Temmy’s Corpse and holding her tight. Emma stood up too, he couldn’t stop the tears either.
All of a sudden, Daniel stopped crying. He stood up and went back into the church silently, making his way slowly towards the front.
Daniel: (Wailing )… Ahhhhhhhhhh! I killed her! She loved me and i killed her!!!! SHADOWS….. come out you f@#king bast**d! Freaking coward! I’m tired of your game so come the f@#k out! ….. I’m here! I’m right here you dummy! Come and get me… I’m not running.
The rest tried to hold him but pushed them all away.
Lanre: Please Daniel….Please…. you can’t afford to lose it now! We are so close to getting out! It will be 6:00am in like 30mins…. please don’t give up man
Daniel: Shut up! Can’t you all freaking see that there’s no way out of here?? You idiots…..(Laughing ) we are dying here! Emma was right all along,we are all going to die on this God forsaking trip! Lanre….all you have done is try to calm us down but we keep dying… we’ll all die here and you know it.
Emma: Daniel… you’re not thinking right just try and….
Daniel: (laughing ) You idiots.. there’s nothing left to do…..(Crying) I killed Temmy…she loved me… can’t you see? I wasn’t paying her attention in school and she loved me still….. she didn’t even wanna come to this BS camping…. she came for me and look where it got her!!! She came because of me and i killed her. There’s only one thing left to do….
Before anyone could stop him, Daniel ran towards the edge of the wall, grabbed a Church clock and threw it on the ground. The glass broke into pieces so he grabbed the largest shard of glass and held it up.
Lanre and Emma stepped back, thinking he might attack them.
Daniel: You know.. I’m tired of playing the SHADOWS game, i won’t give him the satisfaction of killing me, i won’t be a coward and wait for my death. By the way, i have to catch up with Temmy before she goes too far…..
Emma & Lanre: No…no…no…. Wait!
He raised the glass up, lifted it towards his neck and before both of them could get to him, Daniel slit his own throat.
The blood spilled, they both froze in shock, Mary screamed as Daniel fell on his knees with his hands around his neck, gulping and gagging…. he fell on the floor face first, his blood spilled and rounded him up….. in a few seconds.. He stopped moving, Daniel was dead.
Lanre: (Calmly ) Let’s get out of here! We can’t stay here surrounded my corpse of our friends.
Mary: (crying) It’s 5:40am, 20mins to 6:00am. I hope we make it out of here.
Emma: Hmm… i still don’t understand how both of you think. Daniel was right, there’s no getting out of here alive. We have nothing left to fight for. 28 students came here and now we are down to just 3. Both of you are the best friends I’ve ever had and it will be a honour to die right by your sides.
Lanre: We still have hope and faith. That’s what’s left to fight for..
Emma: What about Fate brother? Maybe it’s fate that we’ll die here.
Lanre: Fate is whatever you make of it. You’re my best friend and Mary is my soul mate…. I’ll do whatever i can to make sure you both get out of here.
Mary: I love you both!
Emma: Haa… really? Can we quickly do a party then? Oya…
Mary: Hahaha… C’mon silly! You’re never serious, you still found a way to crack jokes ehen..
Emma: That’s one thing the SHADOWS can’t take from me, even if i will die, i have to die laughing… die happy!
Mary: You’re my friend Emmanuel! You make me laugh even when i don’t want to and i love you for that.
Lanre: That’s it Pal… if i have to choose my friends again….I’ll choose you over and over.
Emma: Wait… if you guys think you can tell me nice things so that when the next death comes, you’ll now sacrifice me then get out of here and get married. My ghost will haunt you for the rest of your lives ni o.
Lanre & Mary: Hahahaha
Emma: I love you both too….. emmm… just in case the 3 of us don’t die and we get to go home….forget i ever said i love you…Ok?… it’s creepy abeg.
Mary: I Love you Lanre! I’m sorry i made you come here!
Lanre: No.. I’d rather die beside you than die alone babe.. I love you Mary!
Emma: awwww…. that’s so sweet… but don’t die of diabetes! Looks like we’ve said our goodbyes… let’s get out of here…
Mary: Well… it doesn’t have to be goodbyes you know..
Lanre: Then there’s only one way to find out….. Shall we?…
Emma led the way with a smile on his face. Mary and Lanre followed him, holding each others hands.
And so the 3 of them made their way out of the church.
~To Be Continued~
~NEXT: FINAL EPISODE ~ WHO LIVES AND WHO DIES??

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shadows....... by kingphilip(m): 5:55am On Aug 31, 2016
All of them lived and no one died

Lanre of course is having one of his nightmares again and would want to discourage others from going

Austinblinks thanks for sharing.. Nice job you're doing man
Re: Shadows....... by veekid(m): 6:07am On Aug 31, 2016
Nice bomb again; RIP to Daniel and his soulmate
Waiting patiently for the season finale
Don't forget o [size=20pt]Emma must Not die [/size]
Re: Shadows....... by EmmahO(m): 7:17am On Aug 31, 2016
Nice story Austin. waiting for the final episode and HEY EMMA MUST NOT DIE BIKO
Re: Shadows....... by horlawharley(m): 11:30am On Aug 31, 2016
Guy,you are a bomb......nice one...waiting for last episode..............lanre is the only one I can guarantee his safety.............guys wait o....wat if this guy kon talk say nah joke
Re: Shadows....... by Niwdog(m): 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2016
Its either lanre or mary
But something tells me is going to be lanre
Re: Shadows....... by Fidelismaria: 6:13pm On Aug 31, 2016
Hehehehehe In Mad King Voice:kill Dem All
Re: Shadows....... by Hawlahscho(m): 10:22pm On Aug 31, 2016
You kill Emma, I kill ten of the readers here. undecided undecided
Re: Shadows....... by CaraJewel(f): 11:39pm On Aug 31, 2016
L or M
Re: Shadows....... by AustinBlinks(m): 12:05am On Sep 01, 2016
Hawlahscho:
You kill Emma, I kill ten of the readers here. undecided undecided

Hahaha... Hawlahscho abeg o.
Re: Shadows....... by AustinBlinks(m): 12:07am On Sep 01, 2016
CaraJewel:
L or M

Hmmm we'll see dear tongue
Re: Shadows....... by yolanda233(m): 6:40am On Sep 01, 2016
AustinBlinks:
Igbo alaye is a village in Ori ire Local government area in Oyo state. 5 hours from Ibadan and sparsely populated.
Lanre had spent all night trying to read it up on the internet, looking for any information he could find on it but nothing comes up. Most navigation sites didn’t even know the town existed. It wasn’t on Google map either. The only thing Lanre found was a NYSC corper’s comment on site which reads “ I was posted to Igbo Alaye for my service….. it’s an amazing experience only if you abide by their rules ”
What rules Lanre thought to himself. What rules are there to abide to in a village that hardly know anything about civilization….
“ Baby, what are you doing??” Mary’s voice brought him back from oblivion. She moved close enough to see what he was reading.
“C’mon Lanre! You’re still reading bout this village ehn”
“I have to! I mean we can’t just decide to spend 3 nights in a place we know nothing about. Who decided we’re going there anyways….? ” Lanre asked
“I don’t know! Some guy.. uhmmm.. the class rep or whatever. “ Mary sighed. “ Baby, you are too uptight, relax and try to have fun sometimes Ok? Do you want a kiss
Emma: Yessssss!! I want a kiss!!!
Mary looked at the door and hissed as she saw Emma!
Emma is Lanre’s best buddy in school, lousy, carefree and much of a trouble maker! He’s the type of guy that enters a room and every serious minded person walks out. If you are looking for someone to waste the whole of your day with, Emma comes to mind!
Emma: What is it Mary? Why did you do “mtchewww” at me?
Mary: It’s called “hissing” dummy!
Emma: i don’t want to know o. I entered and you “mtcheeww” at me. What did i do to you that you’re doing “mtcheww” at me If i now do my own “mtcheeww” at you and you reply with another “mtcheeww” it would be a serious issue because i will kill you with “mtcheeww” ni o
Mary: (sighs) i don’t have your time Emma!
Emma: Hahaha.. ok o. So what’s up? Are you guys ready for the camping tomorrow?
Mary: Oh Gosh! Are you going too? Who sold you the ticket sef??
Emma: Look at you! I have my ways girl! Haha….Lanre! Why you quiet as if you sh*t for body? Den use charm hit you ni?
Lanre: Idiot! Just trying to browse about the village.
Emma: Goodluck finding that village on Google. Anyways…. I’m going with the class rep to go arrange for transportation, we’re getting a 30-seater luxurious bus.
Lanre: 30-seater? Wait are we that much
Mary: I told you baby, people are excited about this!
Lanre: Well…. I’m starting to feel better about it then.
Emma said goodbye and left the room and Mary was out of sight too. He had lied, he’s not feeling better about the camp. Lanre has always been a sceptic and that has gotten him out of a whole lot of troubles. He just knew something about the camp doesn’t feel right. He rested his back on the chair and continued with is phone. On the google search box he type “ gods and goddesses in Igbo Alaye village, Oyo state” he clicked search
Moji: so…. we have 16 males and 12 females making a total of 28 people…. uhmm….we’ve bought rice, ingredients, yams.. what else… meats and fishes…… ehn ehn…. Have you arranged stuffs for making tea
She looked at Temmy was busy chatting on her phone and smiling…
Moji: (throws a pen at Temmy) Focus Temmy… Focus!!!
Temmy: (winced in pain) Ooouch! What now! I’m here jor
Moji: i said have you gotten the Tea ingredients??
Temmy: Yesssss! I have! Is that why you want to swallow me
Moji: Seriously, Temmy drop that your phone and pay attention. We have 28 people to feed for 2 and a half days.
Temmy: Take it easy jor! Daniel is telling me something ni.
Moji: hmmm…. you and that your Daniel ehn. I’m telling you that guy is wasting your time, you are here claiming love.
Temmy Ignored her and continued chatting. Moji shook her head and checked her phone, she has been expecting a call from her mum. Last night she’d sent a text, informing her Mum of the camp and how she has been placed in charge of food preparation and kitchen duties . There’s nothing Moji loves to do more than cooking, she believes cooking is an art, the flavour, the colour, mixing and matching meant everything to her, she never gets tired of cooking.
Temmy, Moji’s friend on the other hand hates to cook, she would eat biscuits all day just to avoid cooking. She’s here to help her friend and most importantly to impress Daniel, her major crush. She has finally gotten his attention and when Daniel says he needs two ladies to handle the meal preparation at the camp, Temmy had excitedly volunteered.
Daniel: Guys! Moji and Temmy have bought the foodstuffs so i believe that aspect is settled then.
Timothy: Temmy?? You placed Temmy in charge of foods? Are you out of your mind? Just say you want to kill us now o!
Uche: Ha-ha… Kill us ke? Why now? Shey Temmy cannot cook ni?
Daniel: She can cook!
Timothy: Yeeeeeh! Which Kain Uche no mind this guy o! The day Temmy came to our lodge and prepared rice for us ehn, We all sh*tted for at least 3 days! I was just going to the toilet every 30mins for a whole day.
Uche: Hahahaha…. what now? She put laxative ni?
Timothy: I don’t know o but i know in that rice, Oil was at one side, Maggi at another side…. you will now see the salt floating in the middle.
Uche & Daniel: Hahahahahahaa
Timothy: She now spoilt everything ehn….con add Onions and tomatoes…. Those ones con big like sey na cutlass she take dice am!
Uche: hahhaha. ..i don die!
Daniel: (laughing ) Ignore Timothy jor. It’s Moji that will prepare the meals not Temmy.
Timothy: That’s better! Tell the truth now, so i should write my will before going to the camp and eat Temmy’s food o! . Uche! Your Grandpa is still alive abi?
Uche: Yes. He’s 103 years! My grandpa no gree die
Timothy: Small thing. Give your grandpa Temmy’s food, i bet hin no go wake up the next day. As i don chop her food now, my life expectancy don reduce from 100 to 70 years. Na 30 years one single meal comot.
Both Daniel and Uche fell off their chairs laughing hard.
Halimat: has Lanre finally agreed to go with you??
Mary: (Excitedly ) Yesss he has. I was able to convince him.
Helen: I’ve always known there was no way he would let you go alone. He loves you too much to let that happen. I just look at both of you and wish i could have what you guys have.
Mary: You’re dating two guys at the same time Helen, there’s no way you can have what Lanre and I have.
Helen: You’re just lucky babygurl. Most guys out there are F@#k boys.
Mary: ….and that’s why you’re dating two guys?
Helen: Yea, so that if one of them leave, I’ll fall back on other.
Halimat: And if they both leave?
Helen: One thing we have in abundance here in Nigeria are F@#k boys….if they both leave, I’ll find a new one.
Mary: Haaaa… how many guys are you gonna date before you marry?
Helen: as many as possible
Halimat: oh.. .and then you keep having sex with them all??
Helen: Uhn uhn….as long as they have “the tool” …why not?
Halimat: You’re just a slut! I don’t know why we are friends sef
Helen: Hahahaha…. Babygurl, i’m a VIP…that’s my Momma’s V and my Daddy’s P. You better go out and get laid.
Halimat: No Thanks! I won’t offend Allah
Helen: Miss Virgin! Allah does not give a crap about your sex life. 8 Billion people in the world and you think Allah cares if you’re getting some?
Halimat: please shut up! I’m waiting ’till after I’m wedded to a proper man in Holy Nikkah!…. Insha Allah!
Helen: Hahaha…. ” Alhamdu- get-the-f*ck-outta-here” my friend
Mary: (cuts in) Helen shut up! It’s her decision so It’s none of your business! Do whatever you want with your body, just remember no man wants his future wife to bring a “borehole ” to him
Halimat: Hmmm…. Borehole? Some people will eventually take a Canal to their future hubby.
Mary: Hahahaha…. Okay! Both of you stop right now!
Helen: Whatever! What are you guys taking to the camp? I have no idea what to pack o.
Mary: Uhmm… blankets, lamp, toiletries and all that
Halimat: I’m taking my laptop
Mary: What for? You know there’s no internet connection there right??
Halimat & Helen: What
Mary: The goal of the camp is for us to bond as friends and coursemates without interruptions from the outside world.
Halimat: Ohhhh! Me I’ll stay back o
Helen: Stay back and waste the 15k we paid? Abegi, Let’s go there, I’m up for anything
Halimat: Of course you are! As long as there are boys there and bushes where you and them can disappear to. You’ll definitely up for it.
Mary: Halimat! Don’t start! Let’s go to the mini mart, i want to get a mosquitoes repellent cream.
Helen: Oh yea! I’ll need that too.
1:12am Friday
Lanre was in the bush all alone. He had no idea where the others had gone to but he could hear them talking and laughing. He bent down and wiped tears off his face and saw something move behind him. He saw the shadow in a figure and suddenly it was gone, he looked around and saw no one, just the leaves rustling and branches breaking.
The air was cold, it sent chills down his spine and yet hot sweats rolled down his temple. Suddenly the laughter of his colleagues had changed into wailing and crying. He had screams and people falling but he saw no one.
“Help me Lanre!”
He heard Mary’s voice and turned around, she was on the ground, leaves sticking to her cheek and blood dripping, she held on tight to a tree root. That was when he looked up and saw a shadow standing over her, gripping her legs and pulling her farther into the bush. He tried to run towards her but he fell, hitting the ground. So he crawled and grabbed her, pulling her towards himself but the shadow was too strong for him, her hands were covered in blood, it made her hands slippery. He tried to shout but his voice wouldn’t come out….
“Don’t let me go, don’t let him take me like he took the others Lanre…..please Lanre, please ”
she said faintly
Now he’s crying and shaking..
Lanre……lanre….. Lanre…….
Mary jerked him awake. He woke up. Tears in his eyes and soaked in sweats
“Lanre are you alright?? You keep rolling and shaking in bed, and why are you sweating? The fan is on the highest speed.” Mary asked, scared and worried.
Lanre: It’s fine! You’re fine! Thank God you’re fine!….. Thank God you’re fine……(he sighed)
He couldn’t sleep after that so he closed his eyes and said: Our father! Who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name………….
~To Be Continued ~
~ AustinBlinks
It is Igbojaye
Re: Shadows....... by gynax(m): 6:44am On Sep 01, 2016
:-XHehehe scareddddd
Re: Shadows....... by Presh900(m): 7:16am On Sep 01, 2016
yolanda233:
It is Igbojaye
anumanu , you quoted the whole episode to say this ?? You must lack common sense

2 Likes

Re: Shadows....... by evaZee: 7:35am On Sep 01, 2016
Pls Austin is it possible for the three to survive, I hv being crying so hard in this last episode, the truth is the story is no longer scary is now too teary, and sober. Pls just make us happy a bit nah. Let my dear Emma survive, and pls don't separate those two love birds, before I don't believe in all these young love to be real, but this one is exceptional.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story / AZEME : A Campus Crime Story / Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.