Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison (1842 Views)

Adam Johnson Caught On Tape Telling Fellow Inmates : ‘I Wish I’d Raped Her’ / Ex Sunderland Player..adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison (see Photo). / Adam Johnson Whatsapp Messages With Underage Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by sureinfo: 4:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
The former England international has been handed a custodial sentence following a hearing at Bradford Crown Court on Thursday and will now spend six years in jail

Former Sunderland and England winger Adam Johnson has been sentenced to six years in prison.

Johnson was found guilty by jury of one charge of sexual activity with a 15-year-old girl earlier this month at Bradford Crown Court - he lodged an appeal against that conviction on Thursday - having already pleaded guilty to a lesser charge and one of grooming on the opening day of his trial on February 10.

Johnson, whose contract was terminated by Sunderland following his guilty plea, ran into court to avoid the media scrum and then listened to a statement from the victim in which she detailed the impact the case has had on her personal life and schoolwork.

The prosecution also highlighted the way Johnson's supporters had continued to harangue the victim on social media.

For the defence, psychologist Dr Philip Hopley claimed Johnson was "socially and psychologically immature" for his age and his physical development growing up "was somewhat retarded".

Dr Hopley also recalled how Johnson was unable to discuss the crimes he had committed due to the shame he felt, with the footballer suggesting "being in prison would offer some relief. I just want to let people I have hurt get on with their lives".

Johnson, according to Dr Hopley, also told him "explicit messaging was common practice among his fellow footballers".

Summing up, judge Jonathan Rose said: "All of this is entirely your own responsibility and your own fault.

"She had only just turned 15 when you began to groom her...because you found her sexually attractive even though you knew her to be just 15.

"Your standing and your offending are the only reason this child has suffered abuse."

Johnson, who showed no emotion when the verdict was delivered, has signed the sex offender's register and has a restraining order placed on him against the victim. He must also pay £50,000 prosecution costs.

Johnson's parents were in court on Thursday but his sister Faye stayed away, having explained why in a Facebook post.

She wrote: "Today is the sentencing for my brother, the worst day of my life.

"I just wanted to let all of the supporters know that I will not be attending Bradford Crown Court, the reason for this is Adam has always been my hero, my brother and my best friend, I just don't want him to see the pain in my eyes!

"Instead I will be at home with my little boy, Adam's number 1 fan, Adam's daughter and the mother of his child Stacey.

"I remain proud of my big brother and I am 100 per cent behind him and I always will be."

After Johnson's conviction, Sunderland released a statement refuting claims the club knew of the former Manchester City man's intention to plead guilty.

However, chief executive Margaret Byrne subsequently resigned from her position citing a "serious error of judgment" in recommending the 28-year-old be allowed to play for the club despite being told by Johnson's lawyer in May 2015 that his client had kissed the girl and sent her a series of suggestive WhatsApp messages.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1862/premier-league/2016/03/24/21651002/breaking-news-adam-johnson-sentenced-to-six-years-in-prison?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=enfb

http://bbs.tecno-mobile.com/forum/general/18554-adam-johnson-sentenced-to-six-years-in-prison

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by saxby(f): 4:17pm On Mar 24, 2016
What?? Six years? What den happens to his footbal career?

Hmmm That teacher in queens college I pray you`re innocent o

1 Like

Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by GoldCircle: 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2016
I understand he's going to appeal this decision. I kinda feel really sorry for him though. Don't have the facts though, but I think the decision is harsh. By the time he come out, he'll look as old as Buhari. Hope others will learn.
Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by oginineme(f): 4:19pm On Mar 24, 2016
28yr old man and a 15yr old girl!! What in the world is wrong with him? If it were Nigeria he would have hidden under religion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by Marinza(m): 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
Well his career is finished.. I feel sorry for him though

1 Like

Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by selfdefence: 4:34pm On Mar 24, 2016
The strange thing is that these guys have enough money to get any woman they so desire, even if she`s still a virgin. i wonder why he would stoop so low...

Where is lalasticlala when you need him?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by Pidggin(f): 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2016
He sacrificed his bright future for sex with a minor, but why some people no get sense like dis? Enjoy your stay in penitentiary dear
Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 24, 2016
Good for him.
Make hin John Thomas cool inside prison small
Bad guy with cool face
Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by askYomi(m): 4:53pm On Mar 24, 2016
This is a country where the law is bigger than anyone.
U kiss a minor (14 years) and sentenced to jail.

Where as some useless paedophiles are impregnating a minor in NIGERIA and nothing happens.

imagine Mikel or Musa doing such in Nigeria?.....Nothing go happen joor grin
I pledge to Nigeria my country lipsrsealed
Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by JustCasual: 5:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
Please, don't lets be too harsh on him. The babe in question looks more matured than her age. Its just unfortunate he's going for that long for what they both enjoyed together.
Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by AlexCk: 5:43pm On Mar 24, 2016
Adam Johnson has completed his Transfer to HMP Durham from Sunderland on a 6 year deal, with no buyout clause.

1 Like

Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by AlexCk: 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
JustCasual:
Please, don't lets be too harsh on him. The babe in question looks more matured than her age. Its just unfortunate he's going for that long for what they both enjoyed together.

But according to the story, he actually knew the gurl was 15yrs old, n still "continued " with the ish.

Sooo what say ye??
Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by fF01(m): 6:21pm On Mar 24, 2016
askYomi:

Where as some useless paedophiles are impregnating a minor in NIGERIA and nothing happens.

no b just kiss o! did u follow d matter atall?!
Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by fF01(m): 6:23pm On Mar 24, 2016
AlexCk:
Adam Johnson has completed his Transfer to HMP Durham from Sunderland on a 6 year deal, with no buyout clause.
hahaha! u no well aswear.

1 Like

Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 24, 2016
askYomi:

Sorry excuse for a country we're in. How will the law be bigger than paedophiles when some of our lawmakers are marrying children? Smh
Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 24, 2016
Now the girl is happy right ?j... already started pulling men down from the age of 15, who knows how many more are on the line ... Moral: be extremely careful when dealing with women ( remember eve? )

For those who would want to criticsize, hope you know that these people actually look physically matured than what their age implies....

1 Like

Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 24, 2016
Now the girl is happy right ... already started pulling men down from the age of 15, who knows how many more are on the line ... Moral: be extremely careful when dealing with women ( remember eve? )

For those who would want to criticsize, hope you know that these people actually look physically matured than what their age implies....
Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by AlexCk: 9:11pm On Mar 24, 2016
fF01:

hahaha! u no well aswear.
cheesy grin grin

Bros no b so oo,
Reason am na, e b like contract sef.
Lol
Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by Latua(m): 9:50pm On Mar 24, 2016
It is a pity Adam Johnson got himself in this mess.Mr.Oshifala of Queens college should be juggling for such treatment .

1 Like

Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by Oyindebrah(f): 7:44am On Mar 25, 2016
six years is too small nah,why not 36?? sad
Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by sureinfo: 8:30am On Mar 25, 2016
Oyindebrah:
six years is too small nah,why not 36?? sad

Nne fear God o
Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:27am On Mar 25, 2016
Adam Johnson gets six years while Yerima walks free.
Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 25, 2016
I feel so sorry for Adam Johnson. On his day, he is unplayable or should I say was unplayable...A good winger. Must be tough on him to see his career burning to ashes before his eyes.

I feel sorry for him. He is human, imperfect... bleeped up and is paying dearly for it. This is a lesson to us: don't live in the moment; we should always consider the consequences of our actions.
Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by KevinDein: 2:48pm On Mar 25, 2016
We all know 14, 15, 16 year old girls do things some of us can only fantasize. But, hey, lets just pretend like they are "kids". Sorry Adam, you are just another victim of Western hypocrisy
Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by fF01(m): 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2016
6Years?! Wtf??! even Oscar Pistorius didn't get 6years.
Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by sureinfo: 11:14am On Mar 26, 2016
Latua:
It is a pity Adam Johnson got himself in this mess.Mr.Oshifala of Queens college should be juggling for such treatment .

When the teachers and students are already fighting on his behalf? Case don die be that jorrr sad
Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by investigator007: 11:17pm On May 27, 2016
thatkindthing:

Lol.... the western hypocrisy reach PMB and APC hypocrisy??

Hmmmmmmm Cc; Amd4598, Favouredmumsy, Nisot274, RoyalB1, Biggmusty, 9jawhite, Ekundhayor, Vikings007, Goingsolo, Harkinyoung, Sammyomal, Jobyyjob, Chrisdew, Samola1, Generaliy07, Godgay, Dechriscool, Kabe, Stam101, Kenai, Positiveminds, Zeestunner, Nwereonye, Dopedealer, you guys should come and catch this guy o... He`s calling PMB a hypocrite. grin grin grin
Re: Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison by DuduParaPara: 7:57am On May 28, 2016
investigator007:

Hmmmmmmm Cc; Amd4598, Favouredmumsy, Nisot274, RoyalB1, Biggmusty, 9jawhite, Ekundhayor, Vikings007, Goingsolo, Harkinyoung, Sammyomal, Jobyyjob, Chrisdew, Samola1, Generaliy07, Godgay, Dechriscool, Kabe, Stam101, Kenai, Positiveminds, Zeestunner, Nwereonye, Dopedealer, you guys should come and catch this guy o... He`s calling PMB a hypocrite. grin grin grin

Are you saying he's not one?? Where's your proof?

(1) (Reply)

Lets Begin Our 3 To 4odds / This Weekend Matchday Betting #100 Stake / Boxer, Anthony Joshua Looking Dapper On Suits (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.