Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Universities With Wireless Internet Access - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities With Wireless Internet Access (59091 Views)

UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC / Top 5 Universities With Terrible Postgraduate Programmes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Universities With Wireless Internet Access by opeano(m): 9:26pm On Mar 24, 2016
Hello all.
I sincerely need the help and attention of students and researchers here. I am contemplating on conducting a research that examines Students Internet addiction and their mental Health and how it affects their academic performance.
The area I need our help is in helping with information on Universities where Wireless Internet Access is made available to all students, either Free of charge or paid.
I do know about UNILORIN and UNIJOS. Ur addition is needed as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone as I await our contributions

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Talph: 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
OAU INTECU

Not free though

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by amokeme(f): 10:07pm On Mar 24, 2016
I think all private unis

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Aspiregreat: 10:07pm On Mar 24, 2016
UNN... the only but true university in Nigeria. You just have no option but to make use the internet. coupled with the #70 laptop fee! my dear I must utilize and get value for my money.

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by sammyscholar(m): 10:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
UI. Polyibadan to launch its own later this year.

2 Likes

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by phrezzz: 11:11pm On Mar 24, 2016
UNN almost everywhere is equipped with wifi including hostels.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by MrOra(m): 11:26pm On Mar 24, 2016
Unilorin

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Nobody: 4:28am On Mar 25, 2016
Covenant University, Ota : Students are given GB in bulk. I think you should be expecting good mental health report

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Toniwirelex: 6:40am On Mar 25, 2016
At the prestigeous Ahmadu Bello University browsing is not optional, it is a must....
Every student is entitled to a wireless password. The fee is embeded in the skul fees

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by esoboy875(m): 7:03am On Mar 25, 2016
Toniwirelex:
At the prestigeous Ahmadu Bello University browsing is not optional, it is a must....
Every student is entitled to a wireless password. The fee is embeded in the skul fees
U ar right bt d wifi is nt strong nd nt in evrywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Idrhas(m): 10:29am On Mar 25, 2016
Toniwirelex:
Yes true. Every dept has a router of its own, hostels and library nt excluded

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Idrhas(m): 10:31am On Mar 25, 2016
esoboy875:

U ar right bt d wifi is nt strong nd nt in evrywhere.
nt Evey where Tell me a place it isn't and I will proof to you that it is almost everywhere (toilets excluded)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by emmancipated(m): 1:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
uniport, 2 hrs free network access everyday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by OmichaelO: 1:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
University of Lagos
Unlimited data access 24/7
both undergraduate and post graduate
in their hostels, library and faculty for free
and places like zoology garden, you have to pay.

Our login is usually matric number and surname as password.

During my stay in unilag, I think I capped 1TB
grin grin

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by christejames(m): 2:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
UNN have Lionet as her WiFi all round the campus both at Nsukka and at Enugu which is free (in terms of access with your password but its paid for in the school fees just about 6000 per session) for both staff and students 24/7... Of recent the school connected most of the buildings with underground fibreoptics.

that's what I'm presently using although the strength varies with location within the campus.

29 Likes

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by CivilzedTyger(m): 4:34pm On Mar 25, 2016
Please who knows about Bayero University, Kano (BUK)?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Godzlove8(m): 4:49pm On Mar 25, 2016
Does unical also have free wifi?
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Richiy(f): 5:04pm On Mar 25, 2016
UNN has wireless connection almost everywhere. In fact, turn your WiFi while walking around school and see the so many different lionet networks it will attract.

24 Likes

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by esoboy875(m): 5:19pm On Mar 25, 2016
Idrhas:
nt Evey where Tell me a place it isn't and I will proof to you that it is almost everywhere (toilets excluded)
Ar u takin abt samaru or kongo?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 25, 2016
UNIPORT

5 Likes

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by adepiero: 7:27pm On Mar 25, 2016
When internet came to Unilorin around 2009, I overbrowsed and downloaded like hell and it affected me healthwise not educational wise. I learnt browsing for three days straight can kill. cry

Even when it got blocked I hacked the system and started sharing data for people. grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Sirmuel1(m): 7:28pm On Mar 25, 2016
Booked*
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by psychologist(m): 7:28pm On Mar 25, 2016
Yabatech library na F Ô C wireless connection

2 Likes

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by xolocious(m): 7:29pm On Mar 25, 2016
uniben, UNN

5 Likes

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by 8kingz(m): 7:29pm On Mar 25, 2016
Unilorin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by BIGTinfotech: 7:29pm On Mar 25, 2016
There's hardly any university that lacks wireless internet access.

4 Likes

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by whizqueen(f): 7:29pm On Mar 25, 2016
Unilorin

5 Likes

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Elcapo(m): 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2016
Lautech has

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Boscojugunu(m): 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2016
Lasu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by WebSurfer(m): 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2016
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pictures Of Some Nigeria University Main School Gates. / Pictures People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Get. / Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.