Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,212 members, 7,780,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:26 PM

Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund (25766 Views)

How Ekiti State N4.7 Billion Bailout Fund Was Shared / Subsidy Scam: Uche Ogah Refunds N1.2b, Likely To Be Arrested This Week / New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by greatiyk4u(m): 7:41am On Mar 25, 2016

The Bayelsa State government yesterday said it got N1.24 billion as its share of Federal Government’s bailout funds to states.

Deputy Governor John Jonah spoke in Yenagoa, the state capital, during the government’s income and expenditure briefing for January.

He said the money would be used to settle the backlog of salaries the eight local government areas were owing.

Jonah said the fund was available for collection before the December 2015 governorship election.

The deputy governor said the Federal Government refused to release the money because of the suspicion that Governor Seriake Dickson would use it for his re-election campaigns.

He said: “Yes, the money (N1.24 billion) has been transferred to us now. It was ready before the (governorship) election. They felt that if the money was given to us, we would use it for the election.

“Even if you pay people, it is a morale booster; so, you will gain. But they stopped it.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/bayelsa-gets-fed-govts-n1-2b-bailout-fund/
Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 25, 2016
Please remember to pay workers salaries

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by AleAirHub(m): 8:01am On Mar 25, 2016
Dickson.... I hope you will do the needful thing.

Oseh Kulek

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by greatiyk4u(m): 11:04am On Mar 25, 2016
EastGold:
Please remember to pay workers salaries

Yes oooo.
Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by jidxin(m): 12:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
small money

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by brainpulse: 12:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
And the wailing morons says PDP states are not owing their workers. With federal allocation and 13% derivation without capital infrastructures and still owing workers?

99 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by callJesu: 12:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
Money will soon be diverted

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by MaleoPearls(m): 12:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
The deputy governor said the Federal Government refused to release the money because of the suspicion that Governor Seriake Dickson would use it for his re-election campaigns

Isn't that a good thing?

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
Cool cash. I pray it's not diverted but put to the benefit of the masses.

Check out my signature & thank me later.
Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by salisy: 12:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
Even Bayelsa dey owe workers arrears?.... SMH

18 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by olaolulazio(m): 12:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
Sai Baba!

8 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by mu2sa2: 12:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
Buhari was right for not releasing the money before the election. These people are incorrigible liars and thieves - criminals, they would have probably pocketed the whole money and claim to have spent it on security during the election period! Bayelsa is one of the most backward states in every indices - their leaders are fleecing them.

39 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by Sultanchidi(m): 12:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
Dats gud news and i commend fg 4 holding d money til after d election cus u never can trust these desperate Nigeria politicians. Bt now pls governor Dickson use it to settle d outstanding salaries

39 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by macaranta(m): 12:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
Ok
Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by Hillzy(m): 12:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
U guyz should use it for d purpose it was ask for n not somtin ask. Hope say ur state debt nava reach dat one of debt head boi (Rauf ) state own .
Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by lilprinze: 12:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
a
Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by eleojo23: 12:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
For how long will States keep depending on bailouts? Cant every state try to be self-sufficient without having to always depend on federal allowance for survival? What are the governors there for? They need to start engaging their brains in order to move their states towards self-sufficiency.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by Hezolad07(m): 12:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
Bailout fund.........

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by adepiero: 12:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
Buhari knows there is greed in the blood of PDP members so he had to withhold the money till the appropriate time. grin

Dickson pay salaries as you've said not share money to your greedy members!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by laprince(m): 1:00pm On Mar 25, 2016
good one. You should make payments to those owed salaries. This will help revive their lives again.

Be wise, do good to your subordinates.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by steppin: 1:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
They have enough. So even if they gave them money before the election, it will still be used for what they intend to use it for.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by iamauxin(m): 1:02pm On Mar 25, 2016
In a saner clime...you can't withold such money just because of elections...the people that suffer in such situation is the masses, not d well-placed few.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by brainpulse: 1:02pm On Mar 25, 2016
CHANGE.....

I have seen Change in the war on terror
I have seen Change in the war on corruption
I have seen Change in the running of NNPC
I have seen Change in our global perception
I have seen Change in national leadership
I have seen Change in the government belief in its ability and that of his nation
I have seen Change in the fraud call oil subsidy

I will see Change in power and other infrastructures
I will see Change in distribution of petroleum products
I will see Change in employment generation
I will see Change in diversification of the economy
I will see Change in the administration of our sports
I will see Change in Tourism

But if I can also see Change in the attitude of you and I. ..Change in our way old ways of wanting to have process subverted to have our ways faster....If I can see a Nigerian in Heathrow behaving same way in Murtala Mohammed Airport...

THEN, CHANGE has finally come to stay because Change begins with you and I!

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by pretydiva(f): 1:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
God bless president buhari

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 25, 2016
brainpulse:
And the wailing morons says PDP states are not owing their workers. With federal allocation and 13% derivation without capital infrastructures and still owing workers?
They are shameless bro...Imagine bayelse with all the 13% still depending on bailout fund to pay salaries..Ah!

17 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by bukynkwuenu: 1:04pm On Mar 25, 2016
MaleoPearls:
The deputy governor said the Federal Government refused to release the money because of the suspicion that Governor Seriake Dickson would use it for his re-election campaigns

Isn't that a good thing?

NO...its an APC thing
AFFLICTION FOR PROGRESSIVE CHAIN

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
Bayelsa too went to beg? angry
Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:06pm On Mar 25, 2016
brainpulse:
Bailout funds dat was given Osun since last year and d people are stil been owed salaries? Even without bailout Pdp states are not oweing dat much,what do u mean by without capital infrastructures? So na only Apc states get capital infrastructures? You are a clown!

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by anonimi: 1:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
adepiero:
Buhari knows there is greed in the blood of PDP members so he had to withhold the money till the appropriate time. grin

Dickson pay salaries as you've said not share money to your greedy members!

Is AreGbese of Osun also in PDP?

Firefire:
As a rejoinder to this publication: https://www.nairaland.com/2872621/aregbesola-inflated-airport-contract-n11.5bn#42080710

Femi Makinde, Osogbo

The Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, has said he deserves commendation for building the Moshood Abiola International Airport at Ido-Osun, Osun State, for N11.5bn.

A consultant to the state government on information, Mr. Sunday Akere, who spoke on behalf of the governor, said this in a telephone interview with our correspondent on Tuesday.

He said the contract was not inflated to siphon the state’s resources as alleged by the Peoples Democratic Party.

He said the increase in the contract sum was necessitated by the inflation caused by the fall of the naira.

Akere said, “The PDP in Osun should be ignored, they are just seeking relevance. They should find out how much PDP states like Akwa Ibom, Gombe and others built their airports.

“When former President Goodluck Jonathan was in power, he said he added an additional airstrip to the Nnamdi Azikiwi International Airport, Abuja with N36bn. We should be commended for building an airport with N11.5bn.

“If we are building a complete airport with a hanger and other facilities for N11.5bn, then we should be commended. The governor deserves commendation.”

Akere also said the initial cost of the airport was underestimated.

But the PDP accused the governor of increasing unilaterally the contract sum of the airport from N4.5bn to N15.5bn.

The Director of Media and Strategy of the Osun PDP, Mr. Diran Odeyemi, said this in a statement on Sunday.

The statement read, “We are aware that Governor Rauf Aregbesola, on January 8, 2016 through a letter with reference number SP/S96/1/vi/348 re-awarded the airport contract to the same contractor and a payment of N472m was paid as take-off sum.

“The same company had earlier been paid N2.7bn for the same project without any serious work done on the project.

The PDP also accused the governor of inflating the contract sum in order to embezzle the bailout funds it got from the Central Bank of Nigeria.

The opposition party lamented that workers in the employ of the state were languishing in hunger as a result of unpaid salaries.

The party had said, “We are calling on the President and anti-graft agencies to send a secret team to the site of the so-called Moshood Abiola International Airport, Ido-Osun, to confirm what the government and the airport company had done with the N2.7bn taken from the purse of the state on December 14, 2012.

“Out of the amount, N2.5bn was sourced as a loan from a bank to be repaid monthly at N100m from the SURE-P funds. That loan is now part of the N88bn restructured for the state by the Central Bank for repayment till the year 2034 shocked.”

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3313876_inflatess_jpegedf527ceff41723c0a8e914a1c8e7dc8

http://www.punchng.com/aregbesola-admits-increasing-airport-contract-by-n7bn/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by luvinhubby(m): 1:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
MaleoPearls:

Isn't that a good thing?

Capital NO !

That shows that APC is evil minded.
Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by bukynkwuenu: 1:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
brainpulse:
CHANGE.....

I have seen Change in the war on terror
I have seen Change in the war on corruption
I have seen Change in the running of NNPC
I have seen Change in our global perception
I have seen Change in national leadership
I have seen Change in the government belief in its ability and that of his nation
I have seen Change in the fraud call oil subsidy

I will see Change in power and other infrastructures
I will see Change in distribution of petroleum products
I will see Change in employment generation
I will see Change in diversification of the economy
I will see Change in the administration of our sports
I will see Change in Tourism

But if I can also see Change in the attitude of you and I. ..Change in our way old ways of wanting to have process subverted to have our ways faster....If I can see a Nigerian in Heathrow behaving same way in Murtala Mohammed Airport...

THEN, CHANGE has finally come to stay because Change begins with you and I!

i have seen you dont see....
if change is sleeping without light under this hot weather and buying 351unit for 10k which was 500unit under GEJ den i see chains and setback
if the rate of poverty n hungry kids,unemployed youth,hardship,inflation,killings(boko,agatu,rivers) dollar,insecurity,chriatian girls abduction and LIES keep increasing then i see nothing but chain...

burukutu govt led by dul*lardinho

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Impose Three-Day Curfew In Bayelsa After Violence / Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) / Justice Peter Umeadi Refuses To Use Court Built By Dr. Maduka (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.