Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Facebook VS Nairaland - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Facebook VS Nairaland (2257 Views)

Nairaland Now Vs Nairaland Then / Videoplay.win Vs Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook VS Nairaland by SamsonJohn743(m): 9:50pm On Mar 26, 2016
gentlegenius:
I used to be addicted to Facebook but ever since I joined Nairaland, I only visit Facebook once a day. This has nothing to do with patriotism but simply because I've already learned so much and I'm still learning here on Nairaland. To some extent, Nairaland has improved my intellect more than Facebook.
But there are a few things Nairaland should learn from Facebook. One of them is the absence of DELETE. Why can't we completely delete any post we don't need or probably posted by mistake or in a wrong section? I only dislike Nairaland for this. Seun and co pls take note.
100% true, this days i rarely fb. With nairaland you can't go wrong, it is now my first hand information for news and about your last paragraph i hope they do something about it.
Re: Facebook VS Nairaland by godG: 4:28am On Mar 27, 2016
gentlegenius:
I used to be addicted to Facebook but ever since I joined Nairaland, I only visit Facebook once a day. This has nothing to do with patriotism but simply because I've already learned so much and I'm still learning here on Nairaland. To some extent, Nairaland has improved my intellect more than Facebook.
But there are a few things Nairaland should learn from Facebook. One of them is the absence of DELETE. Why can't we completely delete any post we don't need or probably posted by mistake or in a wrong section? I only dislike Nairaland for this. Seun and co pls take note.

For me, I no even dey Facebook again. If I feel the need to be on any 'social media', it's strictly Nairaland.
Re: Facebook VS Nairaland by ZUBY77(m): 6:07am On Mar 27, 2016
gentlegenius:

I hope you remember this is a discussion forum.
You post something, someone quotes and responds to it. Then you delete it rendering the other person's post useless and meaningless.

In some CMS like WordPress, they have some plug-ins that only allow people to edit their comments within two minutes of posting. After that, you can't edit again. But on nairaland, you can edit after months.

1 Like

Re: Facebook VS Nairaland by JacksonD7: 9:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
gentlegenius:
I agree nairaland will be better if it had a delete button
Re: Facebook VS Nairaland by beacon02(m): 12:11am On Mar 28, 2016
JacksonD7:
I agree nairaland will be better if it had a delete button
I also agree with that
Re: Facebook VS Nairaland by Tonydeeb(m): 8:44pm On Mar 30, 2016
Seriously, Nairaland is it for me.
These days, I only tend to visit facebook for the fun of attending to piled-up notifications.
Nairaland, though stupid sometimes, has totally gotten my attention.
The tension and anxiety of being able to post on the front page, coupled with it being a faceless forum adds to the fun of it all.
If we are to compare NL to twitter however, I think Twitter would have been much more fun if only Nigerians actually participate more actively on there!.
To those seeking for the availability of a delete button, however, in as much as I'd always anticipated for such features, I think someone made it pretty clear enough - it won't work, in the advent of the post already being quoted, thereby rendering it redundant once deleted...or yet still, quoting a non-active post would be totally out of it!.
Re: Facebook VS Nairaland by beacon02(m): 1:52pm On Apr 01, 2016
Tonydeeb:
Seriously, Nairaland is it for me.
These days, I only tend to visit facebook for the fun of attending to piled-up notifications.
Nairaland, though stupid sometimes, has totally gotten my attention.
The tension and anxiety of being able to post on the front page, coupled with it being a faceless forum adds to the fun of it all.
If we are to compare NL to twitter however, I think Twitter would have been much more fun if only Nigerians actually participate more actively on there!.
To those seeking for the availability of a delete button, however, in as much as I'd always anticipated for such features, I think someone made it pretty clear enough - it won't work, in the advent of the post already being quoted, thereby rendering it redundant once deleted...or yet still, quoting a non-active post would be totally out of it!.

well said
Re: Facebook VS Nairaland by herboshedhe(f): 5:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nairaland is my second bible. I can't shoutgrin
Re: Facebook VS Nairaland by beacon02(m): 2:42pm On Apr 20, 2016
herboshedhe:

But I'm more addicted to whatsapp more than the two. That is where I passed message across to almost all my contacts in much easier and cheaper way. kiss
herboshedhe:

But I'm more addicted to whatsapp more than the two. That is where I passed message across to almost all my contacts in much easier and cheaper way.
Re: Facebook VS Nairaland by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 18, 2016
Nairaland got me crazy especially during my IT it was my second office...the first forum that got me here was the graphics formu cos OF my passion for graphics i saw a lot of challenging works that made ME what i am today, alot of bad belle people with insulting mouth, a lot OF friends that has added values to my life and profession soon the diary section got me more addicted that i started preaching Nairaland in my office.. loz.. I was agile that i got almost everyone to diary section even my manager hahaha...this forum is really the best and most fun place to be but i just hate something about it you can't delete thread you don't want to see again, Seun take NOTE

1 Like

Re: Facebook VS Nairaland by beacon02(m): 6:33pm On May 29, 2016
frankben4real:
Nairaland got me crazy especially during my IT it was my second office...the first forum that got me here was the graphics formu cos OF my passion for graphics i saw a lot of challenging works that made ME what i am today, alot of bad belle people with insulting mouth, a lot OF friends that has added values to my life and profession soon the diary section got me more addicted that i started preaching Nairaland in my office.. loz.. I was agile that i got almost everyone to diary section even my manager hahaha...this forum is really the best and most fun place to be but i just hate something about it you can't delete thread you don't want to see again, Seun take NOTE

nice one

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sad: AIT Gbenga Aruleba Loses Daughter, Rereoluwa / Who Remember Splinter Cell Back During The Days Of JAVA!!!! (lets Catch Fun) / Abubakar Shekau Killed By Chadian Soldiers (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.