Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! (6787 Views)

Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission / Hisbah Seizes Musical Instruments Used During Gov Tambuwal Daughter's Wedding / Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) (2) (3) (4)

Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by suyamasta(m): 5:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
The Federal Republic of Nigeria is not a religious State even though it recognises the fact that citizens can choose to practice whichever religion they choose to!
I find it alarming and disturbing to see how some Northern States have chosen to implement Sharia which is a religious code in a State whose citizens are not all Muslims! This calls for worry because it is only leading to oppression, disharmony and social distraught! Especially when those who are also being arrested by the Hisbah police aren't Muslims!
Nigeria should not be held ransome by any religion, it is barbaric and anti-humanity to do so!
We should stop this madness now!
Nigeria is not Saudi Arabia neither are we an Islamic State! We are a people of diverse cultures and traditions!
Its very lowly to see how we have imported and imbibed other peoples religion and culture more than the original people themselves! Yet we have failed to imbibe technological advancement and productivity also!
Please O Ye Africans Know thyself!

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by DickDastardly(m): 5:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
Only cold blooded Animals will argue this!

Seun , Lalasticlala and mynd44

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by fulanimafia: 5:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
Even though they seem to have managed to not encroach on the rights of other non-muslim citizens, you are right.

If Nigeria is a secular state, there is really no place for religious police. However it seems that the constitution allows it (or so it has been argued).

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by excellencyabia1: 6:00pm On Mar 25, 2016
The north still achieving the terms

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by suyamasta(m): 6:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
fulanimafia:
Even though they seem to have managed to not encroach on the rights of other non-muslim citizens, you are right.

If Nigeria is a secular state, there is really no place for religious police. However it seems that the constitution allows it (or so it has been argued).
That is very impossible because in every community in Nigeria today people of different religious affiliation exists! Except we want to encourage religious social differentiation which is also to encourage disunity in the Federation!

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:06pm On Mar 25, 2016
I have no problem if a group of people decide to practice sharia form of government or Judaism. My own is that the practice of sharia should not conflict with the right of people living in that society as enshrined in the constitution. The constitution is supposed to supersede all laws of any state and by-laws of any LG, and any law that conflict with it must be set aside.

The so called Hisbah Police Force is illegal as the constitution was very clear when it said there shall be no other police across the federation other than the Nigeria Police Force.

Secondly, our laws grant us our freedom to associate and stay anywhere. Arresting young ladies for staying on hotel is illegal and a violation of their right as citizens.

Anybody that want absolute sharia should join the agitation for a decentralized system of government.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by suyamasta(m): 6:09pm On Mar 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I have no problem if a group of people decide to practice sharia form of government or Judaism. My own is that the practice of sharia should not conflict with the right of people living in that society as enshrined in the constitution. The constitution is supposed to supersede all laws of any state and by-laws of any LG, and any law that conflict with it must be set aside.

The so called Hisbah Police Force is illegal as the constitution was very clear when it said there shall be no other police across the federation other than the Nigeria Police Force.

Secondly, our laws grant us our freedom to associate and stay anywhere. Arresting young ladies for staying on hotel is illegal and a violation of their right as citizens.

Anybody that want absolute sharia should join the agitation for a decentralized system of government.
Thank you for stating it clearly

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by waternogetenemy: 6:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Do u know the Sharia Court now strikes down federal law of the Supreme Court?

All we are asking for is some common sense reforms that sets a clear boundary.

Sharia is customary law to Northerners, fine so anybody without an Islamic origin should not be held under Sharia.

If my ancestors don't practice islam, even if I convert under duress, the Sharia Court still cannot hold me becos Sharia is not my customary law.

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by medpren: 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2016
When Kanu was telling you that the muslim core north sees Sharia code as greater law than the constitution. Monkeys and Baboons in the zoo called him names.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2016
waternogetenemy:

Do u know the Sharia Court now strikes down federal law of the Supreme Court?

All we are asking for is some common sense reforms that sets a clear boundary.

Sharia is customary law to Northerners, fine so anybody without an Islamic origin should not be held under Sharia.

If my ancestors don't practice islam, even if I convert under duress, the Sharia Court still cannot hold me becos Sharia is not my customary law.
we shall start the campaign before it consume us

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by SleekMallam: 6:21pm On Mar 25, 2016
These are part of the structural issues we need to collectively address .

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by waternogetenemy: 6:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

About time! That is the only language they will understand. Right now, amongst themselves our silence is taken for consent.

Nothing short of out right condemnation will send the message to the perpetrators.

"The women have rights. The women are not slaves or sexual object.

Salvation is not in the woman virgina, leave children (girl child) alone... " That should be our message. angry

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 6:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
fulanimafia:

Fulanimafia, I have always admired ur sincerity on issues even duo we have different opinion on how NIGERIA should be governed. .but please don't start lying today that the Hisbah police has managed to encroach on the rights of non-muslim citizens; you know that will be a very big lie..

In fact, they have their full light on non-muslims..

Please, don't say that again..

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by fulanimafia: 6:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

Fulanimafia, I have always admired ur sincerity on issues even duo we have different opinion on how NIGERIA should be governed. .but please don't start lying today that the Hisbah police has managed to encroach on the rights of non-muslim citizens; you know that will be a very big lie..

Then state your instances, I'll gladly stand corrected as my submission was to the best of my knowledge.

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by waternogetenemy: 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2016
I hope lalasticlala and seun will see the need to support this campaign? or do we wait until family members fall victim to sharia court and police?

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by idensko(m): 6:44pm On Mar 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Seconded
Dey cn call me wailer if dey wish.

Pls what will be d next line of action, I am boiling already.

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by waternogetenemy: 6:46pm On Mar 25, 2016
idensko:

Seconded
Dey cn call me wailer if dey wish.

Pls what will be d next line of action, I am boiling already.

We are going to place adverts all across the social media. Facebook, instagram, nairaland and everywhere. They must return all the children taken to their respective families.

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by fulanimafia: 7:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

You have still not defended or supported your claim with any proof.

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by idensko(m): 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
waternogetenemy:

We are going to place adverts all across the social media. Facebook, instagram, nairaland and everywhere. They must return all the children taken to their respective families.

We should start already,

Thank God 2morow is weekend, I will use 2 Morow to do some art works.

Let d ball start rolling.

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 8:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
fulanimafia:

You have still not defended or supported your claim with any proof.

Aspects of Sharia Law that concern Christians:

Jihad: Jihad is holy war against the infidels of the world. All Muslims are obliged to kill the infidel. An infidel (or kafir) is a non-Muslim. Many Muslims think that killing an infidel guarantees going straight to paradise.

Apostasy: All apostates are to be killed. An apostate is any person who renounces Islam and changes his religion. Christians are not allowed to convert Muslims to Christianity. Conversion is perceived as blasphemy and carries the death penalty. Distributing Christian literature can result in a five-year prison sentence under Sharia Law.

Criticism of Islam: The death penalty applies to Muslims who criticize Muhammad, the Qur’an or Sharia Law. Severe penalties also apply to Christians who speak out against Islam.

Freedom of Worship: Although Islam pays lip service to “people of the book” (other Abrahamic religions), and the Qur’an says to respect and honor all people irrespective of their religion, the reality is that some Islamic countries are persecuting Christians, targeting their places of worship, and killing and imprisoning believers. Persecution is intense in Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Yemen, Maldives, and other countries with a strong Islamic influence.

Female victims of rape: Sharia Law protects rapists. A woman making an accusation of rape has to provide four male witnesses. If she is unable to do so, she will be charged with zina, for which the prescribed punishment is flogging or stoning. Thousands of women are imprisoned as a result of unsuccessful charges of rape. Some are even stoned to death. On October 27, 2008, Aisha, a 13-year-old girl in Kisayu, Somalia, was stoned to death for adultery; later, her aunt told the British Broadcasting Corporation that Aisha had been raped by three armed men. Rapists are seldom brought to trial, let alone punished.

Miscellaneous crimes: Fornication and adultery: Unmarried fornicators are to be whipped, and adulterers are to be stoned to death. Homosexuality: Homosexuals must be executed. Theft: Any person found stealing is to have a hand cut off. Battery and assault: An injured plaintiff can extract legal revenge; lex talionis (“an eye for an eye”) is in effect.

Note: I copied this from a book..

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by godoluwa(m): 8:53pm On Mar 25, 2016
only animals will support hisbah or sharia police. we need to stop the madness

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by 2sexynet: 9:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
Thank you for creating this thread. I was pondering on it after seeing the thread about Sharia "stupid" police.

If regional police can't be incorporated into the Nigerian system, therefore sharia law or police should be abolished.

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by Mmanu: 9:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
Gents and Ladies;

Please, if one converts from Muslim to Christian; can he be arrested by the Hisbah Police?

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:21pm On Mar 25, 2016
See how hypocritical christian wolves will invade this thread now!Muslims ve been giving u pple high blood pressure sincce the time of Saul! Christian fanatics make una see una food! Oya
Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by Rayhutar(m): 9:34pm On Mar 25, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

Aspects of Sharia Law that concern Christians:

Jihad: Jihad is holy war against the infidels of the world. All Muslims are obliged to kill the infidel. An infidel (or kafir) is a non-Muslim. Many Muslims think that killing an infidel guarantees going straight to paradise.

Apostasy: All apostates are to be killed. An apostate is any person who renounces Islam and changes his religion. Christians are not allowed to convert Muslims to Christianity. Conversion is perceived as blasphemy and carries the death penalty. Distributing Christian literature can result in a five-year prison sentence under Sharia Law.

Criticism of Islam: The death penalty applies to Muslims who criticize Muhammad, the Qur’an or Sharia Law. Severe penalties also apply to Christians who speak out against Islam.

Freedom of Worship: Although Islam pays lip service to “people of the book” (other Abrahamic religions), and the Qur’an says to respect and honor all people irrespective of their religion, the reality is that some Islamic countries are persecuting Christians, targeting their places of worship, and killing and imprisoning believers. Persecution is intense in Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Yemen, Maldives, and other countries with a strong Islamic influence.

Female victims of rape: Sharia Law protects rapists. A woman making an accusation of rape has to provide four male witnesses. If she is unable to do so, she will be charged with zina, for which the prescribed punishment is flogging or stoning. Thousands of women are imprisoned as a result of unsuccessful charges of rape. Some are even stoned to death. On October 27, 2008, Aisha, a 13-year-old girl in Kisayu, Somalia, was stoned to death for adultery; later, her aunt told the British Broadcasting Corporation that Aisha had been raped by three armed men. Rapists are seldom brought to trial, let alone punished.

Miscellaneous crimes: Fornication and adultery: Unmarried fornicators are to be whipped, and adulterers are to be stoned to death. Homosexuality: Homosexuals must be executed. Theft: Any person found stealing is to have a hand cut off. Battery and assault: An injured plaintiff can extract legal revenge; lex talionis (“an eye for an eye”) is in effect.

Note: I copied this from a book..
Hmmm..... this is serous, in this modern age, this is still practiced shocked

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by Trut(m): 9:35pm On Mar 25, 2016
Typing...
Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by Dollyak(f): 9:44pm On Mar 25, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
See how hypocritical christian wolves will invade this thread now!Muslims ve been giving u pple high blood pressure sincce the time of Saul! Christian fanatics make una see una food! Oya
Don't you think it is wrong for anyone to impose their religion on others? Muslims are tiny minority in the Western countries yet they are allowed to express their minds and do whatever they like. Why should it be different in the north?
Some of my Muslim friends don't support this madness.

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by DeadWrong: 9:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
suyamasta:
The Federal Republic of Nigeria is not a religious State even though it recognises the fact that citizens can choose to practice whichever religion they choose to!
I find it alarming and disturbing to see how some Northern States have chosen to implement Sharia which is a religious code in a State whose citizens are not all Muslims! This calls for worry because it is only leading to oppression, disharmony and social distraught! Especially when those who are also being arrested by the Hisbah police aren't Muslims!
Nigeria should not be held ransome by any religion, it is barbaric and anti-humanity to do so!
We should stop this madness now!
Nigeria is not Saudi Arabia neither are we an Islamic State! We are a people of diverse cultures and traditions!
Its very lowly to see how we have imported and imbibed other peoples religion and culture more than the original people themselves! Yet we have failed to imbibe technological advancement and productivity also!
Please O Ye Africans Know thyself!
God bless you. Everything is wrong with this country. I'll always regret coming to the world as a Nigerian.

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by DeadWrong: 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
2sexynet:
Thank you for creating this thread. I was pondering on it after seeing the thread about Sharia "stupid" police.

If regional police can't be incorporated into the Nigerian system, therefore sharia law or police should be abolished.
Good point! But do you know what? Nothing that we deliberate here will change anything. It's appalling!
Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by DeadWrong: 10:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Typical of illiterates - attacking the messenger and not the message. Why not counter his points with superior arguments rather than playing the religion card?

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by waternogetenemy: 10:04pm On Mar 25, 2016
One thing i know is nairaland sold out. Seun have joined Aisha rice eaters.

If not how do u explain national papers like vanguard, sun, authority leading the fight to sanitise the nation, whilst nairaland an online block is busy trying to cover up stories.

Re: Why Hisbah Police And Sharia Should Be Stopped Now! by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
DeadWrong:

Typical of illiterates - attacking the messenger and not the message. Why not counter his points with superior arguments rather than playing the religion card?
The wailing Christian bigots on NL are alarmingly obstinate! Sometimes I think they re deliberately ignorant about Islam, and shamefully so!

Sri Lanka Attack: Nigerians React As Isa Pantami's Old Tweet Resurfaced (Pics) / Breaking News!!! Urhobo Re-name Warri Wado City!! / It Has Started: Boko Haram Now Being Reformed As Good Guys By The CIA

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64