Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,432 members, 7,781,262 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:25 AM

Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport (20206 Views)

Heathrow Airport Twitter Handle Chatting in Pidgin English / Heathrow Airport Replies Nigerian Over Leaking Airport Roof In London / Heathrow Airport Replies Nigerian Over Leaking Airport Roof In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by zik4ever: 11:42pm On Mar 25, 2016
Arik Air Flight W3101 to London from Lagos yesterday declared an emergency and landed safely later, 30 minutes behind schedule.
According to mailonline.com, the flight that was operated by Airbus A330-200 aircraft was scheduled to land at Heathrow in London at 18:30 but touched down at 18:57.
Official statement from the airline explained that the Airbus A330-200 developed technical problem while on ground at the Heathrow Airport and was therefore declared AOG (Aircraft on Ground), which means it was no more airworthy until the technical problem was corrected.
This has prompted the airline to reschedule its flight from London to Lagos that ought to leave London on March 24 night, to Lagos, so it would now leave on Friday morning.
However, Arik said the incident would not affect the airline’s Lagos to London flight on Friday, March 25 that was already schedule to operate by 12:45p.m.
THISDAY gathered that the flight took off from the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos for a six hours, 45 minutes flight to London and landed at Terminal 4, Heathrow.
Arik Air, the largest Nigerian carrier, has operated for 10 years without any major incident both in its domestic, regional and international flights and in September 18, 2012 it airlifted its 10 millionth passenger on a flight between Johannesburg and Lagos.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/03/25/arik-london-flight-declares-emergency-at-heathrow-airport-2/

1 Like

Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by TPAND(f): 3:52am On Mar 26, 2016
It's not much of a big deal. All airline carriers experience this at one point or the other.
There's not a 100% safety record with air travel.

20 Likes

Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by dunkem21(m): 9:49am On Mar 26, 2016
grin News don finish ?

3 Likes

Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by UncleLondon: 9:50am On Mar 26, 2016
My cousin and I were in the said plane. The reason for the delay was untechnical, but human. The actual cause of the delay was caused by a Ghanaian teenage girl with a big backside who complained that an old man beside her took picture of her and touched her booobiez 3 times while she was sleeping.

The man got a slapped twice that everyone in the cabin heard and it turned to a big turmoil while crusing on air. Some other people started fighting which lead the pilot to reduce the cruising speed. Some people even threatened they would jump out if the pilot didn't make an emergency landing, but the pilot claimed it was not in the Standard Airbus Navigation Policy to make an emergency landing for such reason anywhere at latitude 9degree North of the equator and beyond.

So, if you read all this and thought I was making sense. You just wasted 2 minutes of your life. I just made everything up.

166 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by jjwaterfalls(f): 9:50am On Mar 26, 2016
Okay... At least its better to take precautions now before the worst happens.
Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by Sirmuel1(m): 9:50am On Mar 26, 2016
Arik again
Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by asodeboyede(m): 9:50am On Mar 26, 2016
noted.....

1 Like

Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by Berrymoss(f): 9:51am On Mar 26, 2016
Kai
Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by Sohot1(m): 9:51am On Mar 26, 2016
Tooor. ....all thanks to God
Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by Mosb(m): 9:53am On Mar 26, 2016
Arik again!!!
Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by ITbomb(m): 9:54am On Mar 26, 2016
I don't understand
First, na emergency for air then later technical issue on ground and finally it is still scheduled to fly by 12

9 Likes

Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 26, 2016
Useless Airline

1 Like

Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by omusiliyu(m): 9:55am On Mar 26, 2016
Is this a form of advertisement or what

[size=20pt]TEAM SOSOLISO[/size]
Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by bastien: 9:57am On Mar 26, 2016
OK, airline, I be think say na commercial bus
Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by luxs(m): 9:57am On Mar 26, 2016
I no "tb joshua" but i saw this coming!
Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by adedam007(m): 9:58am On Mar 26, 2016
Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by TeddyPendergrass(m): 10:01am On Mar 26, 2016
TPAND:
It's not much of a big deal. All airline carriers experience this at one point or the other.

actually you are wrong. they don't happen all the time and it is a big deal.

air transportation is the safest means of travel statistically. there is 1 in 29million odd of being in a plane crash. That's a lot of odds.

some airlines have a 100% safety record

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by Lamzee(m): 10:02am On Mar 26, 2016
them rush enter for Lagos,to land na wahala
Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by TPAND(f): 10:02am On Mar 26, 2016
TeddyPendergrass:

actually you are wrong. they don't happen all the time and it is a big deal.

air transportation is the safest means of travel statistically. there is 1 in 29million odd of being in a plane crash. That's a lot of odds.

some airlines have a 100% safety record

Name one airline with a 100% safety record

2 Likes

Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by Sasuwa(f): 10:03am On Mar 26, 2016
Amaechi the lion of ubima, the slayer of pdp
Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by yomalex(m): 10:04am On Mar 26, 2016
Na wao
Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by ESSOHEngineers: 10:05am On Mar 26, 2016
TPAND:

You are correct.

Aviation safety is actually based on the Probabilistic Safety School of Thought or view point. The permissible risk for aviation safety is actually 1 accident per 1 million flying hours i.e. 1E-6 per flying hour. This rate is based on historical accident rates. So the failure rates (reliability and availability) of all critical equipment must meet this. In other words things like this happen but on extra rare occasions.

However, airbuses are now being improved by the Europeans, that there could be a possible review of this probability to make it even more stringent and make failure nearly impossible without human factors and/or poor management/maintenance contributing to it. In the end, what we would have to watch out for are the humans and not the machines and parts.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by Burger01(m): 10:06am On Mar 26, 2016
I distance myself from anything Arik.... very useless airline. Always late on schedule angry undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by miqos02(m): 10:07am On Mar 26, 2016
ok
Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by dotcomnamename: 10:10am On Mar 26, 2016
UncleLondon:
My cousin and I were in the said plane. The reason for the delay was untechnical, but human. The actual cause of the delay was caused by a Ghanaian teenage girl with a big backside who complained that an old man beside her took picture of her and touched her booobiez 3 times while she was sleeping.

The man got a slapped twice that everyone in the cabin heard and it turned to a big turmoil while crusing on air. Some other people started fighting which lead the pilot to reduce the cruising speed. Some people even threaten they would jump out if the pilot didn't make an emergency landing.

If you read this and thought I was making sense. You just wasted 2 minutes of your life. I just made everything up.

Lol

3 Likes

Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by INTERMAN: 10:11am On Mar 26, 2016
when u too can't manufacture bicycle
Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by seangy4konji: 10:15am On Mar 26, 2016
Can never fly ariq even if it's free.

There is no bustop in d sky.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by DaBullIT(m): 10:17am On Mar 26, 2016
Dem no dey use nepa ladder?
Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by tete7000(m): 10:19am On Mar 26, 2016
Aircraft on Ground(AOG) is at least better than Aircraft in air (AII), if there is anything like that. Journey mercies to all travellers. cheesy
Re: Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport by Life4Varnity: 10:21am On Mar 26, 2016
UncleLondon:

The man got a slapped twice that everyone in the cabin heard and it turned to a big turmoil while crusing on air. Some other people started fighting which lead the pilot to reduce the cruising speed. Some people even threatened they would jump out if the pilot didn't make an emergency landing, but the pilot claimed it was not in the Standard Airbus Navigation Policy to make an emergency landing for such reason anywhere at latitude 9degree North of the equator and beyond.

So, if you read all this and thought I was making sense. You just wasted 2 minutes of your life. I just made everything up.
. Your story still make sense pass the thread. I love wasting time to read stories like this. Pls more of that and I don't mind marketing any of your story books if available. God bless you and your story

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What You Need To Do If You Get Lost In An Unfamiliar City In Nigeria / Presidential Movement In Lagos Today, See List Of Alternative Routes / Another 13 Nigerian Returnees From Togo Arrive Seme Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.