Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire (4949 Views)

Arms Scandal: Air Force To Retire Avms, Commodores / SGF Directs Auditor-general, Ukura To Retire / Why ISIS Tell Boko Haram’s Shekau To Quit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by Nobody: 5:09am On Mar 26, 2016
A video of retirement by Daesh Nigeria affiliate, Boko Haram’s notorious leader has raised many questions.
In March of 2015 Boko Haram leader, its Shekau swore the Bay’ah oath of allegiance to the ISIS or better put, Daesh, the Iraq-centered global terror network. Swearing a Bay’ah-oath in Islam is hefty, it’s not a joke. The word comes from “sell” or “transaction.” By pledging you have sold yourself to that Imam, guide or spiritual leader. LiveLeak Video Shows Youth Pledge Allegiance to Boko Haram. The swearing of allegiance to Daesh by Boko Haram’s Shekau split ranks in the terror organisation with a new faction leader, Muhammad Daud veering off in open rejection .The implication of the oath was simple: from then on, Shekau acted on orders from above and was no longer in command of his network. He was now a worker for Iraq’s Abu Baghdadi. While the losses Boko Haram has faced in recent months are important, the Thursday video of Shekau’s retirement with an ISIS flag prominently behind him, spread shocks through the world. Shekau retirement video with ISIS flag behind him. It will be the first time in history, perhaps, that a group leader will retire openly and in public announcement while not under duress (with no gun to his head). David Otto, CEO of UK-based global security provider TGS Intelligence Consultants, told IBTimes UK , “The goal and ideology of groups like Iswap or Isil [the IslamicState] is beyond one man and definitely beyond Shakau.”
Most terror or other rebellion leaders hide for as long as they can and never surrender. The United States took over Afghanistan and Osama Bin Laden never surrendered or quit his mission. In Nigeria and larger West and Central Africa, and then most juicy north Africa with Daesh’s luxury second command capital based comfortably in Libya, there are simply too many places to hide and live large without a need to retire. Terror is not a particular mission that requires its leaders quitting until or unless their mission is accomplished.
Unhappy Shekau And A Mission Accomplished/Being Accomplished?
While inexperienced analysts interpreted Shekau’s depressed body language and tone in the video as his being sick, our analysts saw something totally different. Boko Haram’s Shekau was sad and not sick. He, known for his maniacal narcism was depressed and frustrated beyond his limits that he was forced to make such a pathetic recorded retirement speech. Aminu Abubakar writing forAFP used the words, “dejected. “There were certain words of note: “I got your message and so I am making this public statement,” Shekau said, “I am telling the world my/the end has come.” It was clear: Shekau had been ordered to retire and he did so. Again, the peculiarity of such order is hard to reconcile. It is more suspicious that the commander of Daesh’s wing in Nigeria would be instructed by a far off command center to retire. If at all Shekau was facing pressures, what pressure was Abu Baghdadi facing to not sacrifice his last men in Nigeria or tell them to quietly hide, but rather he tells his able captain in West Africa to shamefully make a public surrender which would de-motivate and retire all other men under him?
A Dream Come True
There are two possible reasons why Shekau was ordered by Daesh in Iraq to retire:
1. The first possibility is that Muhammad Daud, Barnawi or some other faction head had taken over. But this reason still does not satisfy the conditions and implications of a public Shekau retirement speech. A retirement speech is not personal but organizational. It affects the entire group. By retiring publicly, Shekau was destroying the fabric of whatever was left of the terror network that whoever was to take over was going to inherit. Power exchanges are private affairs and not done by retiring the whole group.
2. The second and more plausible explanation of Abubakar, Boko Haram’s Shekau’s public retirement is that the mission was accomplished in Nigeria. This is the more favored explanation according to most of our analysts and security experts consulted.
The question was: why would Abu Bakr Baghdadi decide the need to cancel his mission in Nigeria? This would mean Nigeria no longer needed a mission. The follow-up question is: to whose benefit is such a public retirement speech? The only answer to that is the current Nigerian leadership. It seemed to positively advertise and speak tremendously well of the success of Nigeria’s campaign against the terrorists and not surprisingly, Nigeria quickly discredited the statements. Analysts suggest that it is possible that when Abu Bakr Baghdadi saw the way the Nigerian government smashed Shia Muslims in Nigeria he was so impressed that he decided a terror mission will only disturb a government working in tandem with it (ISIS).
As many as 1000 Shia Muslims were massacred or otherwise rendered missing in a robust, described as extra-judicious “honour killing“ military action against them in Nigeria’s northern city of Zaria last December. The world renowned leader of Shia millions in West Africa (at least 10 million in Nigeria alone)and the Islamic movement in Nigeria was shot six times, his wife was also shot severally, three of his sons were killed in front of his eyes; his home was demolished and burned to the ground with everyone in it as well as all other of the movement buildings. Shia graves were even exhumed. He and his wife were beaten severely before being incarcerated and have both since been detained incommunicado by the Nigerian government. This would be a dream come true for ISIS; known to be an operation against Shia Muslims more than anything else. Why would Daesh want to continue financing Boko Haram to pester a Nigerian administration that achieves the same objectives but ever so much better than Daesh, Boko Haram and other anti-Shia terror organisations have ever been able to? It would be counter-intuitive. Two weeks before the Nigerian military cracked down on the Nigerian Islamic Shia-predominant movement in the December massacre, Boko Haram had just bombed a procession of the same movement, killing 26 of its members in the very same Kaduna.

Source: http://newsrescue.com/orders-from-above-why-did-isis-tell-boko-harams-shekau-to-quit/#axzz43ujqyucT

4 Likes

Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by Ayomel(m): 5:27am On Mar 26, 2016
Whatever the problem maybe, we are tired of seeing our brother, sister, father,mother and the innocent people being killed. All we want is peace

2 Likes

Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by christinie(f): 5:29am On Mar 26, 2016
So it is a war between BH and Shia Muslims?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:31am On Mar 26, 2016
Or you could just call it a lie low tactics, as they are being out gunned and obliterated by the more motivated Nigerian soldiers.
That second postulations is rubbish, as book haram slaughters both, Shia, Sunni, Christian, atheist and heathens.
Shekaus video is still being studied, his supply base is heavily depleted and soon very soon, Boko haram will be a thing of the past. I see the almajiri problem as a bigger problem.
If you don't give them the right education continuously and on time, someone else will come up and give them the wrong one.

11 Likes

Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by globalresource: 5:49am On Mar 26, 2016
I'm watching how the matter unfolds cool

1 Like

Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by deathmen12: 6:17am On Mar 26, 2016
Getin clear
Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by DIKEnaWAR: 6:17am On Mar 26, 2016
This piece of news has gone beyond Lai Mohamed's understanding. He is quiet and watching how it unfolds.

7 Likes

Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by dtruth3(m): 6:29am On Mar 26, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:
This piece of news has gone beyond Lai Mohamed's understanding. He is quiet and watching how it unfolds.
gringringrin

3 Likes

Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by dammytosh: 6:37am On Mar 26, 2016
He looks very sad and depressed.

I feel it is a case of fire power. Resources are depleting and they are out gunned by a more motivated force.

Then Dansuki is no longer sending weapon and logistics.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by omenka(m): 6:38am On Mar 26, 2016
Imagine how one sits and cooks up stories.. I'd be damned if I read that stuff up there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by gozmok1(m): 6:45am On Mar 26, 2016
Force too much y you no go retire sai baba

, ,,,,,,,

proudly a Wailer pmb is a dullard cheesy
Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by Dexema(m): 7:05am On Mar 26, 2016
conspiracy theory, we dey watch na.

2 Likes

Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by kettykin: 7:21am On Mar 26, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
Or you could just call it a lie low tactics, as they are being out gunned and obliterated by the more motivated Nigerian soldiers.
That second postulations is rubbish, as book haram slaughters both, Shia, Sunni, Christian, atheist and heathens.
Shekaus video is still being studied, his supply base is heavily depleted and soon very soon, Boko haram will be a thing of the past. I see the almajiri problem as a bigger problem.
If you don't give them the right education continuously and on time, someone else will come up and give them the wrong one.

Please don't mind ISIS and Bokoharam Christians should be on their guards this Easter to avoid u necessarily falling victim to bokoharam
Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by onyiloyi(m): 7:26am On Mar 26, 2016
Whatever the case maybe, we just want this killing madness to stop
Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by Godfullsam(m): 7:29am On Mar 26, 2016
Let's keep our fingers crossed and watch as things unfold. So many reasons will soon emanate as regards how and why shekau decided to give such speech.

....and @ d end, we shall know the truth.
Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by Acjohn(m): 7:39am On Mar 26, 2016
I wonder why Islam that encompasses the Shiites and sunni would be called the religion of peace.
I bet you if the whole world is Islamised, it won't bring about peace. anything built on violence only violence will make it survive. if we all choose to become civilised Islam will die a natural death.
I have no problem with Islam but the trouble that it laws causes.
it will be sad to hear but true that the reason ISIS would withdraw is because Nigeria joined a coalition that Saudi is it founder and that alone has made Nigeria the Direction Iran would want to shoot it bullet.
so how does That bring peace?
very soon a factor worse than BH would start by those aggrieved by Nigeria government arrangements.
Buhari is a good an but I refuse to vote for him because I feared that is what he would do to the country.
Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by agriboom: 7:40am On Mar 26, 2016
Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by slinkky(m): 7:45am On Mar 26, 2016
So in your conclusion bokoharam and isis are against Shia and not Christians that they have repeatedly attacked and clearly stated in previous videos that they are against.

3 Likes

Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by BraniacX(m): 7:53am On Mar 26, 2016
This analysis is watertight........food for thought, Nigeria's current government under Buhari has the same goals and ideologies with ISIS cum Boko haram in relation to shia Muslims vis-a-vis their annihilation so boko haram can now wind down their activities and buhari's government can now claim victory over a surrendering boko haram and when buhari is kicked out and perhaps a christian leader elected, boko haram can resume activities shocked ................................well played buhari undecided

Well Nigerian shia muslims, you voted for your brother buhari, you're unofficially in trouble, now that's change for you angry I hope Iran is watching sha

3 Likes

Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by Mcbussy(m): 8:00am On Mar 26, 2016
Whether shite or sunni Muslim terrorists in the north o, whether Christian or idol worshipping militants in the south.... Terrorising or constituting any form of menace to the society is unacceptable. I am enjoying this govt in that respect.
Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by crosbreaka: 8:01am On Mar 26, 2016
@OP

YOU DIDNT POST THE ENTIRE ARTICLE FROM THE LINK. THERE ARE STILL PARTS REMAINING BELOW THE ADVERTS.
Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by BraniacX(m): 8:08am On Mar 26, 2016
omenka:
Imagine how one sits and cooks up stories.. I'd be damned if I read that stuff up there.

**** it is called an analysis not a story!! An analysis that is made by people who are trained and paid to study international terrorism, its roots, ideologies, goals, patterns/strategies, organisation e.t.c and am sure you and I were not the target audience of that report and as such allocating bias to its authorship in framework of our domestic politics is very naïve of you. That it shows your presidiot has similar goals with boko haram plus a more effective means of achieving these goals and as such boko haram have decided to give buhari the chance and space to implement these mutual agenda is what is irking you and making you dismissive undecided
Am not sorry for you but am sorry for 10million Nigerian shia's, their hell is about to begin and that's the bitter irony because am sure they voted for Buhari

4 Likes

Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by sleekymag(m): 8:30am On Mar 26, 2016
The analysis is very plausible.
Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by babdap: 8:44am On Mar 26, 2016
Land for sale.
Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by Opinedecandid(m): 8:48am On Mar 26, 2016
Hmmmmm.
Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 26, 2016
shameful religion,killing members of different denominations.its just like catholics killing anglicans or protestants because they have a different brand of the same christianity.ISLAM IS NOT PEACE,ISLAM IS VIOLENT.
Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 26, 2016
The second opinion sounds more plausible to me. We all know that Buhari had been sympathetic to BH as portrayed by his utterances when the heat was on against them in 2014. As the popular saying going, an enemy to my enemy is my friend. ISIS has found a new friend.
Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by Bawsse(m): 9:07am On Mar 26, 2016
I just pray it's the second hypothesis...
Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by Ezeonwa(m): 9:35am On Mar 26, 2016
True or false all I can say is we are Nigerian and not terrorist. There are so many missions some people who believe that they own this country are on but by the special grace of God they will not accomplish not even one.
Re: Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire by Sctests: 9:35am On Mar 26, 2016
Though newsrecue is owned by one yahya Shiite guy who lied against Kanu being caught with prostitute and cocaine. I know that ISIS sees Buhari as doing their bidding. So the second postulation makes a lot of sense.

Like we already know;

Buhari is Boko
Boko has link with ISIS
ISIS is Sunni
Buhari and Boko are Sunni
Forget the smokescreen. Boko and Buhari are One.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Youths! If PMB Is Kicked Out In 2019, Whom Are We Going To Kick In? / Avengers To Nnamdi Kanu: We Will Go With You To Lagos, Nothing Will Happen. / Senator Abaribe Shouldn't Me My Igbo Heritage-chibuike Amaechi(min Of Transport)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.