Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Can We Adopt Zikism In Nairaland Please? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Adopt Zikism In Nairaland Please? (1729 Views)

House of Representatives Adopt Motion Over Removal Of Jega / APGA To Adopt Jonathan February 10 / Should Nigeria Adopt The Jury System? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Adopt Zikism In Nairaland Please? by AloyEmeka9: 5:58am On Jul 25, 2009
Tribalism is slowly killing nairaland. I want us to concentrate on Numbers 1,2 and 4 in order to discuss issues here as civilized people. If you don't agree with me, say so.

Zikism is the system of political thought attributed to Nnamdi Azikiwe. Zikism is characterised by five principles for African liberation:

1. Spiritual balance
To show empathy for other peoples views, and recognize their right to hold such views.

2.  Social regeneration[b]
To expel from one's self national, religious, racial, tribal, political-economic, and ethical prejudice.
[/b]

3.  Economic determinism
To realize that being self-sufficient economically is the basis for rescuing the Renascent African.

4.  Mental emancipation[b]
To be knowledgable of African history and accomplishments, and to dismiss any kind of complex exhibited by any race or tribe.
[/b]

5.  Political resurgence
To regain the sovereignty that Africa has lost to colonialists
Re: Can We Adopt Zikism In Nairaland Please? by adigun101: 11:43am On Jul 25, 2009
It is unfurtunate that this guys philosophy has so paled in Nigeria. Most Nigerians only know him as Zik of Africa without knowing what he stood for. Even his tribesmen the Igbos have so far rejected him for not protecting their tribal, personal, selfish Interests well enough at the detriment of others. While the Yoruba have hailed Awo for being exactly the opposite.

This country is experiencing a crisis of Identity and structure which is threatening to rock our very foundations and existence. This I think did not occur today but sometime at the start when Nigeria refused to rally around the very philosophy that brought Independence in the first place.
Re: Can We Adopt Zikism In Nairaland Please? by samparian(m): 12:00pm On Jul 25, 2009
adigun101:

This country is experiencing a crisis of Identity and structure which is threatening to rock our very foundations and existence. This I think did not occur today but sometime at the start when Nigeria refused to rally around the very philosophy that brought Independence in the first place.

it'll be great if we remove tribal sentiments from NL and Nigeria at large. tribalism brought Nigeria to its knees and corruption began beating it blue and black.
Re: Can We Adopt Zikism In Nairaland Please? by AloyEmeka9: 6:07pm On Jul 25, 2009
adigun101:

It is unfurtunate that this guys philosophy has so paled in Nigeria. Most Nigerians only know him as Zik of Africa without knowing what he stood for. Even his tribesmen the Igbos have so far rejected him for not protecting their [b]tribal, personal, selfish Interests well enough at the detriment of others.[/b] While the Yoruba have hailed Awo for being exactly the opposite.

Who told you that igbos rejected Zik?. Soyinka's political philosophy has always been opposite to Awo's, will you say that Yorubas don't like Awo because of that. Awo was a tribal icon and the best one Nigeria has ever produced but I wouldn't blame the Yorubas entirely for immortalizing him after all, he protected their interest.
Re: Can We Adopt Zikism In Nairaland Please? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 25, 2009
Yoruba and Igbo.

that didnt take long- at least you made it all the way to post # 3.

Your spirit is not willing but your flesh is weak oh
Re: Can We Adopt Zikism In Nairaland Please? by AloyEmeka9: 6:20pm On Jul 25, 2009
It's really hard for some people to exist in peace with others. it's unfortunate that Yorubas have a daughter like tpiah to contend with. I wish Yorubas find some Malian man to dump tpia's troubles with.
Re: Can We Adopt Zikism In Nairaland Please? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 25, 2009
^^ now you exhale.

Holding all that venom inside, cant be good for your health.

We all know how you are. Its in your genes.
Re: Can We Adopt Zikism In Nairaland Please? by imsuboi(m): 11:16am On Oct 27, 2015
Tribalism had started eating this forum up as early as 2009.

there's no hope. Seun and his mods might as well stop censoring some words like _aboki, _ofe mmanu etc

It (tribalism) is here to stay
Re: Can We Adopt Zikism In Nairaland Please? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 27, 2015
Ibos that cry that Yorubas betrayed them when they never had an agreement to allow them in Yorubaland! Hence their abiafra expeditionary force was destroyed at Ore and Yorubas fought gallantly to destroy Nigeria. Now the same accusation against the SW is now the portion of the SS. When did SS reach an agreement with the SE to become Ibos and their lands taken? Well I hope the ND are now seeing what the SW saw a long time ago, that Ibos are selfish land grabbers, who use subterfuge to subvert and corner your land! What is wrong with SE that it is not enough for Ibos but they must get the land, resources and peoples of other regions and if those people say no, they are betrayers? Ibo sense => nonsense!

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU / Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years / Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.