Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,448 members, 7,808,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria (20076 Views)

Weeding Machines For Cassava Farms For Sale!! / Pictures Of Harvested Local Rice In Kaduna / Say No To Bill Gates Cassava And Rice Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by olokeded: 8:26am On Mar 26, 2016
he Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has earmarked $6m to support Nigeria’s push for food sustenance through the produc­tion of rice and cas­sava.

This was disclosed at the inauguration of the State Partnership for Agriculture by the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and the Foundation.
Speaking at the event, the Deputy Di­rector, Bill and Melin­da Gates Foundation, James Nyoro said the move is to enable Ni­geria move from im­porter to exporter of food.

He disclosed that Kaduna, Benue and Kogi states have been picked to pilot the project.
“For us at the Bill and Melinda Founda­tion, the programme is going to be a catalytic in helping the Nige­rian government to achieve IRS vision for food security, reduce food imports and in­crease agriculture pro­ductivity so that they can raise many mil­lions of Nigerians out of poverty.

“Therefore, one of the areas we are going to help is state part­nership because we do know that action takes place at the state level. That is where in­novations are tested, whether you are talk­ing about cassava pro­cessing and marketing or whether you are talking about rice;

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/03/bill-gates-ear-marks-6m-for-cassava-and.html

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 26, 2016
A welcome development

6 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by sephryneyo(m): 8:40am On Mar 26, 2016
good news! but why only northern states were picked? bring it come my state Osun i beg our governor dey make hunger wire us.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by Standing5(m): 8:41am On Mar 26, 2016
Good. I hope our do or die politicians are seeing thir. He worked hard and is giving it out unlike the thieves who swear oath never to steal but steal all.

21 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by Ezeonwa(m): 9:16am On Mar 26, 2016
God love a cheerful giver
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by RichYoungNigga: 2:55pm On Mar 26, 2016
While Dangote is busy playing hide and seek with Buhari.

7 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by guychidile: 2:55pm On Mar 26, 2016
humm
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by godoluwa(m): 2:56pm On Mar 26, 2016
hmmm, why only northern part & middlebelt?
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by austino2018: 2:56pm On Mar 26, 2016
Make I book space smiley wink
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by RichYoungNigga: 2:56pm On Mar 26, 2016
This guy is the true definition of a philanthropist.
You know how much he's given to charity ??

Donald Trump is busy displaying his stupidity

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by abumeinben(m): 2:57pm On Mar 26, 2016

I'm not at peace with this!

Pls let's stay away from GMOs.

We can do this on our own. What's $6m? It's an insult.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by Siberia101: 2:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
I need to be employed by this Foundation.. time to port

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by kirchofff(m): 2:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
Bill abeg na, even tho na $50.....hunger wan finish me 4 here

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by StarOnEarth(m): 2:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
This is good

I see why Buhari said we have to get connected to the western world
Things like this will overshadow us.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by adedam007(m): 2:58pm On Mar 26, 2016
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by adedam007(m): 2:58pm On Mar 26, 2016
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by hensben(m): 2:58pm On Mar 26, 2016
Good development.
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by petkoffdrake2(m): 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
Pls do they need workers??

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by Taiwopeters(m): 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
Nice one..... I still believe so much in Nigeria. We will always survive no matter what.

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by masterplan303(m): 3:00pm On Mar 26, 2016
God loves a cheerful giver

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by Dahveydson(m): 3:00pm On Mar 26, 2016
Ah ahn

I thought the wailers economic council said until we devalue our naira, we won't get investors or foreign investment?

Can someone tell bill Gates that we haven't devalued our naira o grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by OLIHI2000(f): 3:00pm On Mar 26, 2016
My dear tell them o! GMO is the root of all diseases
abumeinben:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by slap1(m): 3:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
I hope the money is used appropriately.
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by sankky: 3:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
Not personally impressed till I know the terms and conditions.
Africans though hopelessly hungry should beware of GMOs which Bill Gates represents. We all know what that means for our collective health and fertility.
Enough said.

5 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by fxid10(m): 3:02pm On Mar 26, 2016
If somebody somewhere will not invest the money in his pocket, it will go along way to help our economy in 2years.
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by CaroLyner(f): 3:02pm On Mar 26, 2016
abumeinben:

why not donate the $6m? ode

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by realmindz: 3:02pm On Mar 26, 2016
Here's from a man who don't pay tithe....

bill gates don't pay tithe and the devourer is yet to devour him like our pastors will threaten..

but jesus said, u saw me wen I was hungry and u gave me food...I believe, this man has done greater than those who will give their 10% to church hoping to be blessed by God...how selfish....

but gullible church goers won't listen that tithe is religious scam, they will say they are being blessed, blessing only them can see and feel.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 26, 2016
Nice development 👍
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by Sirmuel1(m): 3:04pm On Mar 26, 2016
Be careful Bill grin
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by codemaniacs: 3:04pm On Mar 26, 2016
Very bad.

Very very bad.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by mopolch(m): 3:05pm On Mar 26, 2016
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can I Sell My Smoked Catfish In Bulk. Any Market For It? / LSETF: My Farm Was Vandalized During EndSARS, But Now I can Rebuild / Forget Banking, Become A Farmer! -jim Rogers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.