Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1016) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1260342 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ak22(m): 3:07pm On May 23, 2019
etech:
First know that this is not officially supported, you will have to install a replacement bios for your chromebook( Basically its a UEFI firmware which is the modem replacement to the traditional bios)this will allow you boot and install windows.

However not all version of chromebook support this so its a 50-50 thing please share your version and spec then we can go from there.

Lenovo 11e Chromebook thinkpad

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CharlesJok3r: 8:53am On May 24, 2019
etech:
get a windows licence key.

thanks I already got one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chikason68(m): 10:49am On May 24, 2019
udemzyudex:

Change motherboard because the processor is bad? Pavilion g6 doesn't use an onboard processor. Moreover if the processor is bad it won't display at all.

Your laptop will likely shutdown if

1. The coolant (paste) has dried up
2. The heat sink is bad
3. Vent and fan is filled with dust
4. Corrupt ME region

Try change the heat sink and see how it goes.
Like how much should i budget for the heat sink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 11:02am On May 24, 2019
Lenovo 11e Chromebook thinkpad!!!!! Not sure of this model tho but i will advice you dont install windows on it however if you insist i can send you the steps its a bit long so cant type all here drop your email add.

NOTE: its 50-50 and its not officially supported.

ak22:

Lenovo 11e Chromebook thinkpad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:20pm On May 24, 2019
chikason68:

Like how much should i budget for the heat sink

2k above, depending on the seller.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chikason68(m): 3:30pm On May 24, 2019
udemzyudex:

2k above, depending on the seller.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ak22(m): 5:16pm On May 24, 2019
etech:
Lenovo 11e Chromebook thinkpad!!!!! Not sure of this model tho but i will advice you dont install windows on it however if you insist i can send you the steps its a bit long so cant type all here drop your email add.

NOTE: its 50-50 and its not officially supported.

Thanks akiniyi22@gmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 7:54pm On May 24, 2019
Ok will send it to you.

ak22:

Thanks akiniyi22@gmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by elpiro: 8:22pm On May 24, 2019
Hello house,I recently got a dell 5577,however,the nvidia driver can't be viewed from the device manager. How do I resolve
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by edusucces(m): 1:18pm On May 25, 2019
Please my HP elite book 8470 refuse to power but Indiate only charging light when plugged.
Any one with the solution
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by defemz(m): 7:01pm On May 25, 2019
My HP elitebook 8440p is not easily coming up. Sometime When I press the power button with the laptop plugged in and battery in place it would not respond. Sometimes when I unplug from main, with the battery still in place, battery light flicker for like 4s and then go off afterwards nothing happen. I have had to severally remove both battery and power source and press and hold the power button for 1 minute, after doing this sometimes the laptop will come up other times it won't. The battery still retain a lot of charge, and the power pack don't seem to have problem. The battery charges perfectly even when the laptop is not powering on and windows 7 run smoothly without a glitch anytime the computer turns on. One thing I noticed is that this often take place in the morning after shutting down the system overnight. Once I succeed to put it on in the morning, if I shut it down it most times power up without any stress except on very few instances.The problem is most apparent in the morning after shutting down overnight. Somebody should please help. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by walex2bad(m): 11:14pm On May 25, 2019
etech:
First elongating a charger is not advisable and if you must do it make sure its done properly please go get another charger to see if your charging port and battery are still working as it should be.

If yes you lucky but if not you need to take your system to a technician for further troubleshooting.

Thanks for your reply.
I've tried using a new charger, it still doesn't charge the battery but only indicates charging.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kunleforreal(m): 11:55pm On May 25, 2019
defemz:
My HP elitebook 8440p is not easily coming up. Sometime When I press the power button with the laptop plugged in and battery in place it would not respond. Sometimes when I unplug from main, with the battery still in place, battery light flicker for like 4s and then go off afterwards nothing happen. I have had to severally remove both battery and power source and press and hold the power button for 1 minute, after doing this sometimes the laptop will come up other times it won't. The battery still retain a lot of charge, and the power pack don't seem to have problem. The battery charges perfectly even when the laptop is not powering on and windows 7 run smoothly without a glitch anytime the computer turns on. One thing I noticed is that this often take place in the morning after shutting down the system overnight. Once I succeed to put it on in the morning, if I shut it down it most times power up without any stress except on very few instances.The problem is most apparent in the morning after shutting down overnight. Somebody should please help. Thanks

Hello, I advise you to take your laptop to a competent laptop technician for fixing. You can call or whatsapp me for fixing if you are in Lagos.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kunleforreal(m): 11:57pm On May 25, 2019
edusucces:
Please my HP elite book 8470 refuse to power but Indiate only charging light when plugged.
Any one with the solution

Hello, I advise you to take your laptop to a competent laptop technician for fixing. You can call or whatsapp me for fixing if you are in Lagos.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kunleforreal(m): 12:00am On May 26, 2019
walex2bad:

Thanks for your reply.
I've tried using a new charger, it still doesn't charge the battery but only indicates charging.

Hello, try another battery in order to be sure that the fault is not from laptop motherboard

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 4:46pm On May 26, 2019
Ok charger issue ruled out, so pls get another battery and check.

walex2bad:

Thanks for your reply.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MrCuteking(m): 12:37pm On May 27, 2019
My keypad is malfunctioning. If I press "Backspace" or "spacebar" it will show #$ or different alphabet. What could be the reason?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 12:52pm On May 27, 2019
is your system a desktop or laptop?

MrCuteking:
My keypad is malfunctioning. If I press "Backspace" or "spacebar" it will show #$ or different alphabet. What could be the reason?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MrCuteking(m): 12:59pm On May 27, 2019
etech:
is your system a desktop or laptop?

Laptop windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 1:26pm On May 27, 2019
your keyboard needs to be serviced but if the condition is more than servicing you might need to replace the keyboard.

Kindly see a technician.

MrCuteking:

Laptop windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fiisty(f): 3:58pm On May 27, 2019
Help!!!
Hp620,window 7
Fell into water, then I tried to put it on without drying it 1st, the screen just flash and then turned off. After drying it, the laptops power on but does not display again, and I don't think it the screen. The keyboard button on and WiFi button on too zfan works too but does not display anything
Help! !!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 4:34pm On May 27, 2019
Fiisty:
Help!!!
Hp620,window 7
Fell into water, then I tried to put it on without drying it 1st, the screen just flash and then turned off. After drying it, the laptops power on but does not display again, and I don't think it the screen. The keyboard button on and WiFi button on too zfan works too but does not display anything
Help! !!

Try another ram if the problem persist you need to see technician for full servicing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kunleforreal(m): 4:38pm On May 27, 2019
Fiisty:
Help!!!
Hp620,window 7
Help! !!

Hmmm, you shouldn't have turned the laptop on when the laptop was still wet. Well, just take the laptop to a competent laptop technician for fixing. If you are in Lagos, contact me fixing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fiisty(f): 6:21pm On May 27, 2019
horllamy:

Try another ram if the problem persist you need to see technician for full servicing.

I already done that... It still the same thing. ..what should I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fiisty(f): 6:22pm On May 27, 2019
Kunleforreal:

Hmmm, you shouldn't have turned the laptop on when the laptop was still wet. Well, just take the laptop to a competent laptop technician for fixing. If you are in Lagos, contact me fixing.

Am in ilaro.. Any recommendation
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Danielli70(m): 1:28pm On May 28, 2019
How possible is it to repair hp ProBook motherboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:30pm On May 28, 2019
Danielli70:
How possible is it to repair hp ProBook motherboard

Depends on the fault ,the type of tools used for repair and how knowledgeable the engineer is in repairing laptop motherboard.
grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fiisty(f): 5:28pm On May 28, 2019
Kunleforreal:

I took it to some1 and he said it the motherboard.. Is it repairable and how much
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abohwun(m): 6:39pm On May 28, 2019
When formatting my system using Windows 8 it reach the second stage for installing programs it stuck at 5% all through without changing what could be the problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 7:35pm On May 28, 2019
If you using installation CD try another one because a corrupt sector of your installation file might make the installation go to a stand still.

abohwun:
When formatting my system using Windows 8 it reach the second stage for installing programs it stuck at 5% all through without changing what could be the problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abohwun(m): 7:41pm On May 28, 2019
etech:
If you using installation CD try another one because a corrupt sector of your installation file might make the installation go to a stand still.

Definitely am using a CD thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.