Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:56 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1019) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1249787 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) ... (1221) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obizzy(m): 8:28pm On Jun 03, 2019
etech:
Did you password your BIOS? When you perform the function what do you get as response .

yes i used a password.
It won't let me perform the function. Its blinking, when I try, it goes back to that page.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obizzy(m): 8:33pm On Jun 03, 2019
obizzy:
Please guys when i try to boot my system it shows this. What could be the issue?
please help guys
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 9:59pm On Jun 03, 2019
Ok fine do a quick reset on your bios.

1. Open your system

2. Remove the cmos battery for about 15-30 mins and then put it back.

This should clear your bios password word from there you can carry on to Windows.

obizzy:
yes i used a password.
It won't let me perform the function. Its blinking, when I try, it goes back to that page.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Damfostopper(m): 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2019
please oh.... epp me with a solution o.... Egbami o.....

my sister's PC... it's a new system..... windows 10 was installed..... the windows icon/start menu is not opening........i will also press the windows button on the keyboard .... it is showing loading and nothing comes up ......that means I can't access desktop....

please what could be the problem.... and also the icons the Taskbar down is not responding.... it will also load and nothing comes up.... I have circled the icons in the attached picture below.....

another problem is that pictures are not opening.... it will pop up a black screen and write "app can't start"..... please check the picture below......

engineers..... please how do I rectify all these

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 7:40am On Jun 05, 2019
This happened immediately after the installation or it was working fine till now?

Damfostopper:
please oh.... epp me with a solution o.... Egbami o.....

my sister's PC... it's a new system..... windows 10 was installed..... the windows icon/start menu is not opening........i will also press the windows button on the keyboard .... it is showing loading and nothing comes up ......that means I can't access desktop....

please what could be the problem.... and also the icons the Taskbar down is not responding.... it will also load and nothing comes up.... I have circled the icons in the attached picture below.....

another problem is that pictures are not opening.... it will pop up a black screen and write "app can't start"..... please check the picture below......

engineers..... please how do I rectify all these
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Damfostopper(m): 8:07am On Jun 05, 2019
etech:
This happened immediately after the installation or it was working fine till now?

it is not working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Damfostopper(m): 8:07am On Jun 05, 2019
etech:

it is not working ...the start windows menu is still loading
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 8:18am On Jun 05, 2019
You did not answer the question anyways you can repair windows image to fix the error.

1. Run CMD as an administrator
2. Copy and paste the following then hit the enter key allow the scan to be completed.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Damfostopper:
it is not working ...the start windows menu is still loading

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Damfostopper(m): 9:19am On Jun 05, 2019
etech:
You did not answer the question anyways you can repair windows image to fix the error.

1. Run CMD as an administrator
2. Copy and paste the following then hit the enter key allow the scan to be completed.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

sorry.....i wanted to type "it was not working"

wow... thanks so much... God bless you.... it's working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 10:17am On Jun 05, 2019
Cheers.

Damfostopper:
sorry.....i wanted to type "it was not working"

wow... thanks so much... God bless you.... it's working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BoleAndFish: 4:26pm On Jun 05, 2019
Does leaving laptop on top of tiles drain the battery? Someone mentioned this to me as the reason why I meet my charged battery drained out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obizzy(m): 4:48pm On Jun 05, 2019
etech:

1. Open your system

This should clear your bios password word from there you can carry on to Windows.

I did it yet it's still the same. What else can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obizzy(m): 4:49pm On Jun 05, 2019
etech:

1. Open your system

i did what you said and it's still the same what else can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 7:22pm On Jun 05, 2019
That should clear the password tho please take it to a technician to help you clear that password.

He might probably need to move the CMOS jumper to clear the password.

obizzy:
i did what you said and it's still the same what else can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Damfostopper(m): 7:29pm On Jun 05, 2019
etech:
Cheers.

Good pm...... please do you know how I can bypass this or activate it manually....... The word, excel, PowerPoint, publisher,all of which are 2016.........is showing unlicensed product, it is telliing me that most of the features have been disabled....that I should activated it......

I can't type anything.....

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 7:37pm On Jun 05, 2019
Yes you will not be able to perform the regular function just get a product key 1 user should be fine.

Should not be more than 7k I believe.

Damfostopper:
Good pm...... please do you know how I can bypass this or activate it manually....... The word, excel, PowerPoint, publisher,all of which are 2016.........is showing unlicensed product, it is telliing me that most of the features have been disabled....that I should activated it......

I can't type anything.....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by derogba88: 10:25pm On Jun 05, 2019
Help my laptop is plug in and the battery percent is not increasing even after removing the battery still remain dsame
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:20am On Jun 06, 2019
derogba88:
Help my laptop is plug in and the battery percent is not increasing even after removing the battery still remain dsame

Try another charger, if the problem persist then try another battery then.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Damfostopper(m): 9:35am On Jun 06, 2019
etech:
Yes you will not be able to perform the regular function just get a product key 1 user should be fine.

Should not be more than 7k I believe.

mehn... e cost like that
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 9:51am On Jun 06, 2019
you have crack for it tho but basically dont advise pple to use it but am sure you will get office 2016 crack in computer village if you want to go that route and it will be cheap.

Damfostopper:
mehn... e cost like that
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 7:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
Please i need help or advice
Each time i boot my system dis below pics always shows, please help me out

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2019
Change your CMOS battery and set your date and time.

quote author=Samfilo31 post=79083747]Please i need help or advice

Each time i boot my system dis below pics always shows, please help me out [/quote]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Youngtrice(m): 12:46pm On Jun 07, 2019
Damfostopper:
mehn... e cost like that
If it's too expensive for you then you can crack the office suite using reloader activator.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Pierced(f): 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2019
Pls......I need help in downloading the cracked version of an app.......without my pc uninstalling the app.

It's an hp windows 10 pc......tried installing the cracked version of corel draw x7......but my pc has been uninstalling it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SuffKid(m): 8:17am On Jun 08, 2019
Hey Guys,
My Elite Book 8470p is giving me issues with the charging stuff. Whenever I connected it to charging the status would show: plugged in Charging but actually its not charging. It wud Just Stucked there without increasing any %
I used ma friend's system and tried the battery and it charged. I used his own battery on my system and its showing the same problem.
I carried the system to technician here in Katsina but they couldn't find what exactly is the problem. He first said it IC that burns and need to fix. Buh still no good news he said; he's still working on it.
Please What do you think might be the problem and how can I fix it??
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:57am On Jun 08, 2019
SuffKid:
Hey Guys,
My Elite Book 8470p is giving me issues with the charging stuff. Whenever I connected it to charging the status would show: plugged in Charging but actually its not charging. It wud Just Stucked there without increasing any %
I used ma friend's system and tried the battery and it charged. I used his own battery on my system and its showing the same problem.
I carried the system to technician here in Katsina but they couldn't find what exactly is the problem. He first said it IC that burns and need to fix. Buh still no good news he said; he's still working on it.
Please What do you think might be the problem and how can I fix it??
Thanks

Charging issues in laptop is very complicated,only an experienced chip level engineer can solve.

A lot of troubleshooting have to be done to know where the fault is.

Bootstrap diode might be faulty, charging and discharging MOSFET short to ground, charging ic not communicating with SIO, PSRC or battery CLR not communicating with charging ic or a bad charging IC.

Fault can come from any of this areas and if he doesn't have the required tools like DSO to check communication of charging IC to SIO .

You can try another engineer over there.

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:58am On Jun 08, 2019
Pierced:
Pls......I need help in downloading the cracked version of an app.......without my pc uninstalling the app.

It's an hp windows 10 pc......tried installing the cracked version of corel draw x7......but my pc has been uninstalling it.

Disable your windows defender or any other antivirus you have on your system before installing,after installing you can activate them back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kidneystones(m): 12:08pm On Jun 08, 2019
My compaq presario CQ56 is slow when playing pes or wining11 why ? Pls i want it to be fast .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:22pm On Jun 08, 2019
kidneystones:
My compaq presario CQ56 is slow when playing pes or wining11 why ? Pls i want it to be fast .

Get another laptop , probably a core I series with at least 6gb ram will play the winning 11 well.

This pentium and I believe your RAM size is low too won't play it well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kidneystones(m): 6:46pm On Jun 08, 2019
udemzyudex:

Get another laptop , probably a core I series with at least 6gb ram will play the winning 11 well.

This pentium and I believe your RAM size is low too won't play it well.

OK .. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by derogba88: 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2019
Guys help me my total amd r7 graphics memory initially was 4gb with 1 gig vram but I notice a reduction to 2gb total graphics memory and vram reduce from 1gig to 512mb. Please help out and my system total ram is 8gb with 6gig usable initially but now is now 8gb with 3.2gig usable
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obizzy(m): 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2019
etech:
That should clear the password tho please take it to a technician to help you clear that password.

He might probably need to move the CMOS jumper to clear the password.

okay thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) ... (1221) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.