Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,714 members, 7,805,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1034) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262012 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Floda: 8:50pm On Jul 23, 2019
danteenoni:
Hi, I would suggest you disable or uninstall the display driver. I'm certain this will work.

what does it mean to disable the display driver, what would be the consequences
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by santakris(m): 6:45am On Jul 24, 2019
danteenoni:
Where are you? I'm in Ibadan.

I'm in Kwara. I have a function to attend in ibadan in August 2 and 3. Can we arrange a Meetup?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by danteenoni: 7:27am On Jul 24, 2019
santakris:

I'm in Kwara. I have a function to attend in ibadan in August 2 and 3. Can we arrange a Meetup?
Yes contact me https:///2347037500991
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:33am On Jul 24, 2019
Floda:
Good day everyone. please engineers in the house my laptop is hanging. it is a HP elite book 8540p currently running on windows 10 home and has 4gb ram and 600gb storage with 2gb graphics memory and 1gb dedicated graphics memory. it was hanging before, so someone formatted it but still it continued.. someone suggested I downgrade the windows to windows 7 ultimate but I meet someone that checked it and said his laptop has the same spec as mine, and that it would still hang when downgraded. he said it a hardware problem, so he removed my hard disk and used it as an external storage on his laptop, then said he corrected some errors on the hard disk before putting it back in my laptop. it was quite cool after then(3 weeks ago) but now it is hanging again without putting any heavy software on it. am serious tired of the laptop. please advise on what to do.

Hello.

There are three places I would look.

1. Hard Drive: It is very important that you check the health of your hard drive. A hard drive reaching it's end of life can actually make your computer freeze/hang.

At first it would seem things are quite normal, then boom!! You open a window and another window and the hard disk starts becoming slow.

2. RAM: bad RAMs could actually be the cause of the freeze. Trying another RAM (with a good hard disk) is probably the only fix you need.

If you know wetin bad RAM don do me ehn grin

3. The GPU: graphics card, VGA, whatever you call it, could also be a culprit.

Yeah, you won't believe it but I have a lenovo with 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE That does every other thing well but hangs when I attempt to play FIFA/PES.

We tried everything until we disabled the GPU and the PES played well with the "Intel HD Graphics" . Turns out the NVIDIA has finally gone nuts...

So, disable yours and let's see what's happens.

Just incase you find it a bit stumbling, I could help out for a token. You may call /WhatsApp here>>> 09082687404
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by santakris(m): 12:41pm On Jul 24, 2019
danteenoni:
Yes contact me https:///2347037500991

You have a message
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by komzy589(m): 3:20pm On Jul 24, 2019
HEllo good afternoon. I left my laptop on for like 1hr 30mins, usually it should go to sleep. I came back to find d screen blank. Laptop on but no display on d screen! I restarted and remove and insert battery, still no change. Please help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by danteenoni: 5:47pm On Jul 24, 2019
komzy589:
HEllo good afternoon. I left my laptop on for like 1hr 30mins, usually it should go to sleep. I came back to find d screen blank. Laptop on but no display on d screen! I restarted and remove and insert battery, still no change. Please help me.
What's the model of the system?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolulopy(m): 6:36pm On Jul 24, 2019
Hello, Good evening,

My Lenovo ideapad 320 15iap gives a kind of a prolonged beep at startup, it started like 2weeks ago, but of recent I realized that some keys on the keyboard no longer work(b,n and the spacebar).

Pls help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:50pm On Jul 24, 2019
Tolulopy:
Hello, Good evening,

My Lenovo ideapad 320 15iap gives a kind of a prolonged beep at startup, it started like 2weeks ago, but of recent I realized that some keys on the keyboard no longer work(b,n and the spacebar).

Pls help.

The long beep means keyboard is faulty, so replace your keyboard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by komzy589(m): 11:27pm On Jul 24, 2019
danteenoni:
What's the model of the system?
The system model is HP Elite book. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sch(m): 1:18pm On Jul 25, 2019
Pls call us for any PC issues in Ibadan....08035152149.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Suarez190(m): 3:10am On Jul 26, 2019
Experts in d house pls help me out...
After changing my damaged ddr4 ram,i strtd getting ""CMOS checksum is invalid"" error, it slows down my Bootup time..Pls wats d cause of dis error,also i want to change my Inbuilt Battery "BP02XL" dats d model,Pls any idea of d price and where i can get it...I stay in Enugu

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebenezary(m): 3:51am On Jul 26, 2019
Please l would like to recover the data on my dead elitebook 6930p laptop and I don't have HDD connector l someone to help me out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Suarez190(m): 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2019
Suarez190:
Experts in d house pls help me out...
After changing my damaged ddr4 ram,i strtd getting ""CMOS checksum is invalid"" error, it slows down my Bootup time..Pls wats d cause of dis error,also i want to change my Inbuilt Battery "BP02XL" dats d model,Pls any idea of d price and where i can get it...I stay in Enugu
Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jossyroyal1: 5:47pm On Jul 26, 2019
Pls bosses what could be responsible for this...

Then my right and left click buttons suddenly stop working too...

Then when I reboot it will come up but the screen pictures will be shaking moments after...

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolulopy(m): 6:49pm On Jul 26, 2019
udemzyudex:

The long beep means keyboard is faulty, so replace your keyboard.

Alright Thank you..

The keys are working now but it's still giving a very long beep at startup.

What should I do??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mycad: 9:00pm On Jul 26, 2019
Good evening guys, please I need help with my Laptop probook 6460b core i5, 4gig ram 500hd, is not coming up at all when I power it on, but is charging when I plug it on a socket outlet...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:28pm On Jul 26, 2019
Tolulopy:

Alright Thank you..

What should I do??

Hi.
The keys could fail again...And when they do, they'll fail with extra one or two keys and the cycle continues until you're no longer able to meaningfully use your keyboard.

CMOS batteries also gives beeps. But since your laptop does not display a CMOS error on start-up, then it's not something worth looking at.

Verdict : Change the keyboard.

*cheers*

Would your like to change your keyboard? You could let me help in sourcing and fixing ... Kindly reach out.
Call/whatsapp on 09082687404.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:40pm On Jul 26, 2019
mycad:
Good evening guys, please I need help with my Laptop probook 6460b core i5, 4gig ram 500hd, is not coming up at all when I power it on, but is charging when I plug it on a socket outlet...

Hi.

I'd like you to observe the following

1. The capslock light: How many times does it blink.

2. The numlock: Does it blink alongside the capslock light? If yes, how many times.

3. The fan: Does it spin at high-speed accompanied by 1 and 2 above?

Most likely, your first point of call will be to check if there RAMs are okay.

First, strip the the system of any power source, battery and charger alike;

Using a clean dry soft brush (not tooth brush grin), clean the RAM slots and insert the RAM(s).

Now plug in the PC and power.

Kindly furnish us the blink codes.

Cheers**
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mycad: 11:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
Hi Rasak5,
Thanks for quick response and your help,

Only the power botton and charging indicator blinking.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:07am On Jul 27, 2019
Tolulopy:

Alright Thank you..

What should I do??

I have already told you what to do cheesy

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:08am On Jul 27, 2019
Suarez190:
Pls help

CMOS battery is down, needs replacement.

As for the battery, I can help you to get it to enugu but if you need an engineer over there, I know someone that can help you handle the job well.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:11am On Jul 27, 2019
Jossyroyal1:
Pls bosses what could be responsible for this...

Then my right and left click buttons suddenly stop working too...

Then when I reboot it will come up but the screen pictures will be shaking moments after...

When it comes up, and the screen pictures shaking, do you check if the buttons are working or not?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jossyroyal1: 10:43am On Jul 27, 2019
udemzyudex:

When it comes up, and the screen pictures shaking, do you check if the buttons are working or not?

I checked z they ain't working... Only the cusor is working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Suarez190(m): 2:32pm On Jul 27, 2019
udemzyudex:

CMOS battery is down, needs replacement.

As for the battery, I can help you to get it to enugu but if you need an engineer over there, I know someone that can help you handle the job well.
thanks alot Pls wats d price range of the Laptop battery and as for d CMOS Battery does it involve big money for replacement??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:00pm On Jul 27, 2019
Suarez190:
thanks alot Pls wats d price range of the Laptop battery and as for d CMOS Battery does it involve big money for replacement??

I can't really say unless I find out, price range can be between 15-20k

Cmos battery doesn't involve big money, the aboki selling watch have it, but the problem is opening the laptop to replace it.

You will need a technician to help you do it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:02pm On Jul 27, 2019
Jossyroyal1:

I checked z they ain't working... Only the cusor is working

Some of this case needs troubleshooting to find out where the fault is really from, I'll advise you see a laptop technician.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Suarez190(m): 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2019
udemzyudex:

I can't really say unless I find out, price range can be between 15-20k

Cmos battery doesn't involve big money, the aboki selling watch have it, but the problem is opening the laptop to replace it.

You will need a technician to help you do it.
Thanks alot,Can i get ur contact pls,i want to give detailed explanation and seek for ur professional advice, Here's my no: 0811zerozero48369..I'll really appreciate if u text me so i can call u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:01pm On Jul 27, 2019
mycad:
Hi Rasak5,
Thanks for quick response and your help,

Only the power botton and charging indicator blinking.

Hello.
Some have been able to solve the problem by following the procedure below

With the laptop unplugged and battery removed, you should press and hold the power button for 10 sec to 15 Sec.

Thereafter reconnect and see if it comes up.
Meanwhile, have you tried checking the RAM as I have described??

Do note that if both the RAM and battery are internal; and if the above DIY techniques fail, Then you should plan on knocking the doors of a technician.

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jossyroyal1: 2:14am On Jul 28, 2019
udemzyudex:

Some of this case needs troubleshooting to find out where the fault is really from, I'll advise you see a laptop technician.

Alright...

Thanks brother... I will do so
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Esji80(m): 6:13am On Jul 28, 2019
Hello,I have a mini laptop with startup issues.

I have installed different versions of Windows 7 same error.

BLUE screen with an error

The Bios in this system is not fully ACPI compliant ,please contact your system vendor for an updated version.

0xooooooA5...

I can't even log in via Safe mode ...same error
Repair...same error

There is no where to disable ACPi inn the BIo it it Phoenix Security Utility

Cc udemzyudex
etech

(1) (2) (3) ... (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.