Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,455 members, 7,801,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1038) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1260037 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by funkyjms: 11:44am On Aug 05, 2019
etech:
Please roll back the update.

How do I do that bro?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 12:42pm On Aug 05, 2019
1. Open control panel
2. To go system and security then windows update.
3. Click the Update History link.
4. Click the Uninstall Updates link.
The Control Panel’s Installed Updates windows appears. It lists all updates that Windows monitors, which includes Windows updates
5. Choose the update you want to undo.
Kindly pick the must recent update.
6. Click the Uninstall button that appears on the toolbar.
7. Follow the directions provided on the screen.
If prompted to restart Windows, do so.

funkyjms:

How do I do that bro?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by funkyjms: 2:59pm On Aug 05, 2019
etech:
1. Open control panel
2. To go system and security then windows update.
3. Click the Update History link.
4. Click the Uninstall Updates link.
The Control Panel’s Installed Updates windows appears. It lists all updates that Windows monitors, which includes Windows updates
5. Choose the update you want to undo.
Kindly pick the must recent update.
6. Click the Uninstall button that appears on the toolbar.
7. Follow the directions provided on the screen.
If prompted to restart Windows, do so.

I have done another thing to remove the update before I saw your post.
I execute the step 7 and 8 in this article
https://www.techradar.com/how-to/software/operating-systems/how-to-fix-a-stuck-windows-update-1326307

Fortunately, I'm not prompted with the install update message again but unfortunately, the problem now is that it doesn't shut down again, even after entering "shutdown /f /s /t 0" command in command prompt. (I googled this)
Also, I've ensure that the ClearPageFileAtShutdown value is set to zero under registry (I googled this too)

In addition, a friend recommended that I should power on and off the system thrice to enter the diagnostic page and enter "scan /sfc" in command prompt. Unfortunately, I couldn't enter the page but I tapped f8 to enter window recovery page used the command prompt there and enter the sfc command. Got that there's a pending system repair (according to attached image)
However, I got a different message from command prompt from start menu in desktop. It says window resource could not start(according to attached image)

These are just what I've done so far.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 3:19pm On Aug 05, 2019
Kindly confirm if you can boot into safe mood.

funkyjms:

I have done another thing to remove the update before I saw your post.
I execute the step 7 and 8 in this article
https://www.techradar.com/how-to/software/operating-systems/how-to-fix-a-stuck-windows-update-1326307

Fortunately, I'm not prompted with the install update message again but unfortunately, the problem now is that it doesn't shut down again, even after entering "shutdown /f /s /t 0" command in command prompt. (I googled this)
Also, I've ensure that the ClearPageFileAtShutdown value is set to zero under registry (I googled this too)

In addition, a friend recommended that I should power on and off the system thrice to enter the diagnostic page and enter "scan /sfc" in command prompt. Unfortunately, I couldn't enter the page but I tapped f8 to enter window recovery page used the command prompt there and enter the sfc command. Got that there's a pending system repair (according to attached image)
However, I got a different message from command prompt from start menu in desktop. It says window resource could not start(according to attached image)

These are just what I've done so far.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by funkyjms: 3:31pm On Aug 05, 2019
etech:
Kindly confirm if you can boot into safe mood.

Yes I can.
It shuts down properly in safe mode
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yeman1(m): 6:14pm On Aug 05, 2019
I need desktop computer with d monitor ...if you have for sale ,pls let's talk
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2019
fuckboys:
Please technicians in the house, my laptop keeps force shutting down and turning itself on when i plug the charger, but when its on battery its ok and will use up the battery without shuting down.

Some one said i should change the cmos battery, just did and the problem continues. And when the laptop in turned off and not charging it turns itself on using battery. What could be the problem with this laptop, been using it for 4yrs and counting before this issue started recently.

I want you to explain the first part of your post very well, are you trying to say that your laptop will power on and shutdown immediately you press the power button on AC mode?

Or
It power on and shutdown randomly as long as the charger is connected?
Does it boot into Windows before shutting down?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by WebBox: 9:13pm On Aug 05, 2019
Hello Fam
My Windows 7 PC keeps saying file explorer stopped, and it has refuse to launch windows. The screen is showing only my background display. Please what's the solution?����
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kunleforreal(m): 9:20pm On Aug 05, 2019
WebBox:
Hello Fam
My Windows 7 PC keeps saying file explorer stopped, and it has refuse to launch windows. The screen is showing only my background display. Please what's the solution?����

Hello, just reinstall the laptop windows if your laptop hard drive is still in good condition. If you need a technician service, call or whatsapp me for fixing if you are in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 11:04am On Aug 06, 2019
see if you can reach system restore and select a point where your system worked well.i have a feeling that your registry is corrupt.

funkyjms:

Yes I can.
It shuts down properly in safe mode
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2019
fuckboys:
i did change chargers twice but the problem continue. Ive got bad experiences with laptop technicians thats why am reluctantant in taking it to a technician, these guys swapped out and changed everything in my former laptop. Took out my 4gb ram and inserted 2gb, swapped my hdd

This shouldn't deter you from seeking recommendation s...

Mark my words, it's just a matter of time before such a technician meets his waterloo...

He will get lesser and lesser recommendation, which translates to lesser and lesser jobs...

Here's a suggestion; how about marking your HDD and RAM, some even go as far as marking the screen (with markers)...

This way you're sure your Item is really your item.

Your PC has got a problem that has gone beyond a DIY fix and requires the services of a techilnician

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:05pm On Aug 06, 2019
fuckboys:
i did change chargers twice but the problem continue. Ive got bad experiences with laptop technicians thats why am reluctantant in taking it to a technician, these guys swapped out and changed everything in my former laptop. Took out my 4gb ram and inserted 2gb, swapped my hdd

And you didn't get him arrested? I have seen some engineers going to police cell cos of swap hdd.

Some will even tell the police that what's in the hard drive is worth millions and can't afford to lose it, na there matter go rise him sef go know say he don jam.

To avoid all this kind of things, especially if you're dropping your laptop, always sign on it.

Tell the engineer to give you a marker, sign on your screen, when you get back and notice you can't find your signature then be rest assured your screen have been swap.

Sign on your battery, if its a motherboard fault, he will definitely open the laptop, take your hdd along with you or you sign on it too.

Tell him the RAM size, when you do he will want to confirm it by himself, which will make him to open and check.

With all this, believe me your laptop parts will be intact, if you can't find them you can go ahead and make a case if you want to.

Trust me, na this kind case our police dey like. grin especially laptop or phone.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adebowale1616: 11:09pm On Aug 06, 2019
My people pls I need an urgent help here concerning my scanned document.

My recipient won't be able to open my scanned PDF document sent to him, it's giving the below error message :

" A font package is required to correctly display this page. Click OK to direct your browser to download the add-on from adobe.com. After installation, you will need to close and re-open the document to correctly view contents dependent on these newly installed fonts".

Pls what am I not doing correctly. Pls help me .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fuckboys: 10:21am On Aug 07, 2019
udemzyudex:

I want you to explain the first part of your post very well, are you trying to say that your laptop will power on and shutdown immediately you press the power button on AC mode?

Or
It power on and shutdown randomly as long as the charger is connected?
Does it boot into Windows before shutting down?
yes, It power on and shutdown randomly as long as the charger is connected.
It Does boot into Windows and stays on for few minutes before it force shuts down
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 3:04pm On Aug 07, 2019
udemzyudex:

And you didn't get him arrested? I have seen some engineers going to police cell cos of swap hdd.

Some will even tell the police that what's in the hard drive is worth millions and can't afford to lose it, na there matter go rise him sef go know say he don jam.

To avoid all this kind of things, especially if you're dropping your laptop, always sign on it.

Tell the engineer to give you a marker, sign on your screen, when you get back and notice you can't find your signature then be rest assured your screen have been swap.

Sign on your battery, if its a motherboard fault, he will definitely open the laptop, take your hdd along with you or you sign on it too.

Tell him the RAM size, when you do he will want to confirm it by himself, which will make him to open and check.

With all this, believe me your laptop parts will be intact, if you can't find them you can go ahead and make a case if you want to.

Trust me, na this kind case our police dey like. grin especially laptop or phone.

Udemzy...grin

You don para oooh grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by boolee(m): 4:38pm On Aug 07, 2019
My laptop is not able to detect any phone Hotspot.
Tried troubleshooting, but problem still persist.

Solutions please...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 07, 2019
Fams, my Asus Pc doesn't have keyboard in-built light
Is there anything i can buy to place on it, that would help??
I don't like increasing the brightness at night, to type
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by coolcentbigman(m): 11:27pm On Aug 07, 2019
Please Pros in the huz my hp laptop fails to connect the internet using my modem keeps disconnecting after authentication. I tried it on my Toshiba and it connects fine and that's what i'm currently using but my Hp battery is very strong and last longer, I've uninstall the HSPA USB Modem and install it back yet it's not connecting...

Pls how do i resolve these??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Shollay20(m): 7:19am On Aug 08, 2019
My dell destop does not boot complete and it will return to save mode.. Any help?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 8:35am On Aug 08, 2019
Go to device manager disable and enable the wireless card.

boolee:
My laptop is not able to detect any phone Hotspot.
Tried troubleshooting, but problem still persist.

Solutions please...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Laptopstoreng: 4:28pm On Aug 08, 2019
At LAPTOPSTORE.NG We Work everyday to always enhance your experience with us.

We are just one call away.
Just hit the "CALL NOW" button For :

1. Free technical support/customer service

2. Reliable Laptop MOTHERBOARD repair services

3. Quality laptops and accessories.

CALL: 08145068012

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 6:47pm On Aug 08, 2019
Laptopstoreng:

Please visit your site again...so you don't dash the hopes of many. I think you need to check the "up-time" of your host...

*cheers*

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ezio17: 9:16pm On Aug 08, 2019
Guys I need help.My laptop doesn't turn on and when I connect charger, the charging indicator shows for a while then goes off.....its an Intel HP....what should I do?
Cc:computerboy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by boolee(m): 9:25pm On Aug 08, 2019
etech:
Go to device manager disable and enable the wireless card.

done that. But, problem still persist.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chukslar: 10:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
Pls can I find a place to repair my Laptop Charger/Adapters?

High Voltage blew 7 of my Laptop Chargers (I run a Business Center).
I currently don't have funds to replace them with Original follow come.

Can I get it repaired?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nnadychuks(m): 10:53pm On Aug 08, 2019
hello can you give me things to note when ordering for a hp pavilion dv6 motherboard from aliexpress? Or can I get one from any of your engineers for less than 15k? it should be functional please. my Location is Owerri, Imo state.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nnadychuks(m): 11:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
Laptopstoreng:

Please let me waybill my motherboard to you tomorrow to see if you can fix it. I'm from Owerri.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 11:59pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ezio17:
Guys I need help.My laptop doesn't turn on and when I connect charger, the charging indicator shows for a while then goes off.....its an Intel HP....what should I do?

Hello.

If you are in Lagos, I can help do diagnosis to pinpoint the exact problem.

Reach me here; 09082687404

But first, do try the following DIY troubleshooting.

. Remove all sources of power, charger and battery. Press and hold the power button for 15 Sec. Now plug in the charger...does it power??

At the moment, this is as far as you can go. Other diagnosis involves further intrusion into the laptop. Hence the need to visit a technician.

**Cheers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by computerboy: 12:04am On Aug 09, 2019
Ezio17:

Visit a repairer. It's not a DIY problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jonaboy: 10:11am On Aug 09, 2019
Good morning, please my laptop refused to booth this morning and I did everything I could do to make it booth it refused. I am with a repair guy now and he said the hard drive is not responding. He removed it from my system and tested it in another system to see if my information in the hard disk can be back up somewhere else but the hard disk is not responding completely. Please any advice or suggestions on what can be done to retrieve the information in the hard disk will be highly appreciated. I have very vital information saved in it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kunleforreal(m): 10:55am On Aug 09, 2019
jonaboy:
Good morning, please my laptop refused to booth this morning and I did everything I could do to make it booth it refused. I am with a repair guy now and he said the hard drive is not responding. He removed it from my system and tested it in another system to see if my information in the hard disk can be back up somewhere else but the hard disk is not responding completely. Please any advice or suggestions on what can be done to retrieve the information in the hard disk will be highly appreciated. I have very vital information saved in it.

Hello, visit a data recovery experts for the recovery of your data. Contact me if you are in Lagos for data recovery. I advise you not to make any data recovery attempts on the faulty hard drive in order not to worsen the hard drive condition.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.