Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,567 members, 7,801,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1041) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1260160 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2019
Swargu:
Hi Guys,

I use hp G250, I got the PC in 2014,it has been good, only repaired it once in 2017.

2 days ago it was on battery low and went off immediately, quite unusual because this battery have not started behaving like that, it should usually get really low to like 14%, then 11% before going off.

After plugging in a charger it refused to come on, it receives power and all but won't come on, i tried the charger with a different pc and it worked well, i have been soing some research and I believe the Cmos battery is dead because the date and time have been incorrect for quite some time that I don't bother correcting it anymore.

I need advice cos my PC tech guy in Ikeja said it cannot be the CMOS battery, I feel the baba just want to sha chop.

Please help

I once had a Dell Laptop that died on me and all possible fixes failed. I ended up buying a new laptop. A few months after I had purchased the new laptop I did further research and read a suggestion on stack_exchange or reddit that if was the CMOS. I manned up, watched YouTube teardown videos and dived to the CMOS. Ló and behold! the gaddem lappy came up!

So yes it's quite possibly the CMOS

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2019
airsaylongcon:

I once had a Dell Laptop that died on me and all possible fixes failed. I ended up buying a new laptop. A few months after I had purchased the new laptop I did further research and read a suggestion on stack_exchange or reddit that if was the CMOS. I manned up, watched YouTube teardown videos and dived to the CMOS. Ló and behold! the gaddem lappy came up!

So yes it's quite possibly the CMOS

Thank you for your reply, i strongly believe it is the CMOS and my Ikeja guy just wants to eat my money. i will go to who will help me replace the CMOS battery first before they start any diagnosis that will rip me off.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kunleforreal(m): 12:36pm On Aug 21, 2019
Marlodah:
Can I actually see a good mint system for 35k please I need your recommendation
Hello, if you can increase your budget to 40k, go for this one: https://www.nairaland.com/5372135/very-clean-foreign-used-lenovo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Laptopstoreng: 12:59pm On Aug 21, 2019
WE ARE LAPTOPSTORE.NG

Eheee and so? lol.
you must have probably giving this reply in your mind, but then its ok
well who are we? you might still want to ask.

we are that company that concerns itself with your damaged laptop motherboard.
we basically fix anything about your laptop, from the motherboard down to changing your laptop casing.
so what could possibly wrong with your laptop? Do not risk the well being of your laptop by giving it to just anyone with a screw set.

do not worry about distance, we operate a waybill policy that covers it with your best interest.

contact us today..
08145068012, 08032485925

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ihollarmide(m): 1:52pm On Aug 21, 2019
Hello here. Does anyone know how much it costs to replace a Sony Vaio laptop keyboard in Computer Village. Thank you. Attached is the picture of the laptop

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:21pm On Aug 21, 2019
Swargu:

Thank you for your reply, i strongly believe it is the CMOS and my Ikeja guy just wants to eat my money. i will go to who will help me replace the CMOS battery first before they start any diagnosis that will rip me off.

Lol.. You keep talking about ripping off grin so the engineer that will fix the CMOS battery for you will do it for free?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 21, 2019
udemzyudex:

Lol.. You keep talking about ripping off grin so the engineer that will fix the CMOS battery for you will do it for free?

No na, atleast we will know what we are facing, if you have no idea they can find one big problem and tell you to pay, tell you to come back and quickly change the CMOS battery..thats the rip off i am talking about...you sound like an engineer grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:15pm On Aug 21, 2019
Swargu:

No na, atleast we will know what we are facing, if you have no idea they can find one big problem and tell you to pay, tell you to come back and quickly change the CMOS battery..thats the rip off i am talking about...you sound like an engineer grin

Of course I'm a laptop engineer,i just wanted to let you know that no matter how you do it, engineer will still chop. Unless you can open the laptop and fix it by yourself.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lazboy55: 5:52am On Aug 22, 2019
[quote author=udemzyudex post=81449983]

If y
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:05am On Aug 22, 2019
Lazboy55:
I can come down to Lagos.. Where are you at? Can u also have your contact?

Computer Village
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by meks007(m): 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2019
I need screen and flex cable for Lenovo y510p
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wayisshut: 10:55pm On Aug 22, 2019
H[color=#770077]ELLO GURUS IN THE HOUSE. I NEED A SITE TO HELP ME UNLOCK SAMSUNG GALAXY J3 FOR FREE. MOST OF THE SITE I HAVE VISITED ARE ASKING FOR A FEE. HELLO GURUS, I NEED YOUR INPUT THANKS

cc
udemynex
semid4lyfe
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by komzy589(m): 12:37am On Aug 23, 2019
Good day all. I took my computer to repair. Engineer discovered that the bios in d panel is bad and requested that I get a new panel. I want to know if it is possible to fix the problem without buying a new panel. My computer is HP Elite Book Core i5.
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:06am On Aug 23, 2019
komzy589:
Good day all. I took my computer to repair. Engineer discovered that the bios in d panel is bad and requested that I get a new panel. I want to know if it is possible to fix the problem without buying a new panel. My computer is HP Elite Book Core i5.
Thanks.
Bios is bad and he told you to get a new panel?

What exactly is the issue with the laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:08am On Aug 23, 2019
wayisshut:

H[color=#770077]ELLO GURUS IN THE HOUSE. I NEED A SITE TO HELP ME UNLOCK SAMSUNG GALAXY J3 FOR FREE. MOST OF THE SITE I HAVE VISITED ARE ASKING FOR A FEE. HELLO GURUS, I NEED YOUR INPUT THANKS

cc
udemynex
semid4lyfe

I don't fix phone but according to what I know, you will have to pay.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by edumama(m): 10:57am On Aug 23, 2019
Hello dear reader, I am one of those young Nigerians that belief in working smart and share my knowledge at little to no cost for others to replicate, I specialize in IT & business hoping to legitimately make a mark in my chosen field.

I need your help, support, and encouragement for my first published book on Amazon website to gain attention and attraction. Please follow the link below to subscribe for the book and most importantly leave an honest review.

I am open to share with you how I became a self-publishing author.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/create-review/ref=acr_dpproductdetail_solicit?ie=UTF8&asin=B07W7225MV

You can reach me quicker on:

Author Instagram Handle: @izicode
Author WhatsApp line: 07065989790

Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wayisshut: 11:20am On Aug 23, 2019
[quote author=udemzyudex post=81519382]

I don't fix phone but according to what I know, you will have to pay.

Thanks my bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kunleforreal(m): 9:17pm On Aug 23, 2019
komzy589:
Thanks.

Hello, if it is bios chip fault indeed, it is fixable. Call or whatsapp me for fixing if you are in Lagos.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by JohnCruise(m): 10:09pm On Aug 23, 2019
Please
I want to get a Msi laptop
I want reviews
Can someone help me by advicing me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by komzy589(m): 11:41pm On Aug 23, 2019
udemzyudex:

Bios is bad and he told you to get a new panel?

What exactly is the issue with the laptop?
Thanks for d response. My charger blew and it affected d panel. The Engineer diagnosed that d bios is bad and can only be fixed by replacing bios from a similar panel, otherwise I should go for a new panel.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mywifiext: 9:18am On Aug 24, 2019
PHP Training in Chandigarh Thanks, really interesting post.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by parissaint(m): 11:26am On Aug 24, 2019
I find it difficult to browse on firefox, chrome and even opera mini latest version with my system. But am able to browse with the old version of firefox...
whats the problem pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cris83: 11:30am On Aug 24, 2019
Good day good people. Please I needed your help with my desktop. A computer technician built a pc for me based on my specifications which are:
AMD Ryzen 5 3400g
AsRock b450 Pro 4 motherboard
Adata 4gb ram and Ballistix 4gb ram
ZSseries 650w psu
XFX rx 580 8gb graphics card
128gb ssd and 1 tb hdd

When he delivered it to me 3 weeks ago, it was working perfectly up until 2 days ago when I put it to sleep and went to sleep myself. I woke up the next day and turned it on, nothing. No power any where except one of the lights on the fan. Amd fan was off and no case fans came on. I tried another cord and same thing no power. I called in the technician and he brought with him another power supply (corsair 1000w) and another power cord. It did not come on despite testing with another psu. So he took it back to his work place to have a look at it thoroughly. He called m and told me it came on in its work place and that he did not do anything. He sent me pictures of the pc working well and booting into desktop where I saw my desktop picture so all was OK. He brought it back to my home yesterday and again it didn't come on. Nothing. Tried with two different UPS and nothing @ all. All other home appliances are working perfectly. Is there something wrong with my motherboard for it not to work in my home? Thank you. I really need advice on what to do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shogsman(m): 3:16pm On Aug 24, 2019
I need a 32gig ram.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Cheeky007: 11:56pm On Aug 25, 2019
Good Evening guys, please how do I get rid of black vertical lines on my screen. My system is hp Elitebook 840 G2 corei7pro.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emyemyberry(m): 8:55am On Aug 26, 2019
please experts in the house, i just upgraded my hp elitebook laptop windows 7 to windows 10, the issue here is that whenever i insert my modem to surf the internet, my data reads away like am downloading some stuff without opening a web page yet, like this morning i lost over half a gigabyte in less than 5 minutes, i have tried closing background apps, maps and location info all to no avail,somebody help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 9:20am On Aug 26, 2019
Emyemyberry:
please experts in the house, i just upgraded my hp elitebook laptop windows 7 to windows 10, the issue here is that whenever i insert my modem to surf the internet, my data reads away like am downloading some stuff without opening a web page yet, like this morning i lost over half a gigabyte in less than 5 minutes, i have tried closing background apps, maps and location info all to no avail,somebody help
you need to disable your window update
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Teaxa(m): 1:03pm On Aug 26, 2019
Cheeky007:
Good Evening guys, please how do I get rid of black vertical lines on my screen. My system is hp Elitebook 840 G2 corei7pro.

Just prepare to get another screen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.