Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,759 members, 7,806,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1068) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262060 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AIT1(m): 9:37am On Dec 16, 2020
udemzyudex:

If your laptop have two RAM slots, just buy another 4gb RAM but if it uses 1 RAM slot you will have to buy a single 8gb RAM.

So, if it has 2 RAM slots, after inserting the new 4GB RAM no need to do any set up, is that correct?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:15am On Dec 16, 2020
AIT1:

So, if it has 2 RAM slots, after inserting the new 4GB RAM no need to do any set up, is that correct?

Yes, no need for any setup, as long as your laptop displays and you confirm the total RAM size.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dadrenaline(m): 11:32am On Dec 16, 2020
Hello folks.

My dell inspiron laptop toggle keys (all the keys above the keyboard layout) will just turn on at the same time and the keyboard will start Typing on its own.

Sometimes, the screen will freeze and I will have to start the system all over again.

I know my battery is bad and needs to be changed but I don't think this is the cause as I know folks with similar battery condition and their laptop don't behave that way.

I'd like to know what could be behind and the possible fix. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 2:47pm On Dec 16, 2020
SetrakusRa:

Yeah.. Resolved.
please how did you resolve this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AIT1(m): 10:13pm On Dec 16, 2020
udemzyudex:

Yes, no need for any setup, as long as your laptop displays and you confirm the total RAM size.

Okay. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yomifowe(m): 8:59am On Dec 18, 2020
I need help! My HP Elite book core i5 4gb ram pc not working. How can I solve this issue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Neimar: 9:54am On Dec 18, 2020
Is there anyway I could get my PC casing
New or used one and the price

HP HQ-TRE 71205
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2020
Neimar:
Is there anyway I could get my PC casing
New or used one and the price

HP HQ-TRE 71205

call or whatsapp if you're in lagos 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chevrolet076(m): 6:05pm On Dec 18, 2020
my Toshiba laptop just freezes when I'm using, even when I'm not running anything powerful.. it has a 4gb RAM and 160gb HDD size. I've done everything possible including installing Windows all over again the issue still persist. The only time it doesn't freeze is when I boot in safe mode with Network. or else, it just freezes with no cursor moving or keyboard typing. can you suggest what else I can do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:22am On Dec 19, 2020
Chevrolet076:
my Toshiba laptop just freezes when I'm using, even when I'm not running anything powerful.. it has a 4gb RAM and 160gb HDD size. I've done everything possible including installing Windows all over again the issue still persist. The only time it doesn't freeze is when I boot in safe mode with Network. or else, it just freezes with no cursor moving or keyboard typing. can you suggest what else I can do

I think your hdd is bad try to change it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chevrolet076(m): 9:25am On Dec 19, 2020
horllamy:

I think your hdd is bad try to change it
I just changed it also. still same issue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xenoo(m): 10:24am On Dec 19, 2020
My HP laptop screen is suddenly showing a short black ink line across and the screen is not broken. Please I need a fix o this. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 1:23pm On Dec 19, 2020
Chevrolet076:

I just changed it also. still same issue

Then apply thermal paste on the processor
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 1:23pm On Dec 19, 2020
xenoo:
My HP laptop screen is suddenly showing a short black ink line across and the screen is not broken. Please I need a fix o this. Thanks

If you can’t manage it like that den consider replacing the screen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ogbotobo77(m): 5:24pm On Dec 19, 2020
I think my ba3 is bad..once I unplug it switches off and when I boot it always shows a msg abt replacing ba3....
HP elite book 2560p 4/320gb...how much can I get replacement ba3
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lamzee(m): 5:39pm On Dec 19, 2020
Ogbotobo77:
I think my ba3 is bad..once I unplug it switches off and when I boot it always shows a msg abt replacing ba3....
HP elite book 2560p 4/320gb...how much can I get replacement ba3
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rafhy(f): 11:56pm On Dec 19, 2020
Please help, my keyboard keeps typing letter i on its own, i recently replaced the keyboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rajman45(m): 8:20am On Dec 20, 2020
Gurus in d house.....I am looking for a good laptop engineer at Ado Ekiti.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rsdrsd(m): 9:52am On Dec 20, 2020
i was using my dell latitude e7440 last night with the charger connected and its working well, suddenly it went off till now. it won't indicate charging also but i noticed the charger light goes off once i connect it to the laptop. Any help pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nosaghae(m): 10:46pm On Dec 20, 2020
I noticed that My dell e6520 show a blue screen with the word LOCKED written on it and the system will just go to sleep even when I am working with it.
An orange color light blinks too as shown in the picture but turns off wen the charger is connected.
Pls what could be the problem? Thank

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lamzee(m): 5:04am On Dec 21, 2020
Rsdrsd:
i was using my dell latitude e7440 last night with the charger connected and its working well, suddenly it went off till now. it won't indicate charging also but i noticed the charger light goes off once i connect it to the laptop. Any help pls

Motherboard issue, it’s returning light
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidoziekingsley: 6:02am On Dec 21, 2020
Nosaghae:
I noticed that My dell e6520 show a blue screen with the word LOCKED written on it and the system will just go to sleep even when I am working with it.
An orange color light blinks too as shown in the picture but turns off wen the charger is connected.
Pls what could be the problem? Thank
noting is wrong with your laptop the orange light signifies that the battery is low so if you plug it in it dissappears and the blue screen with the word locking means that the battery is about to die so it will hibernate so that you will not loose unsaved work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nosaghae(m): 7:05am On Dec 21, 2020
chidoziekingsley:
noting is wrong with your laptop the orange light signifies that the battery is low so if you plug it in it dissappears and the blue screen with the word locking means that the battery is about to die so it will hibernate so that you will not loose unsaved work
But it happens even when my battery is 80%.
I have even tried removing the battery to use with only charger yet it still locks and goes to sleep while the charger is connected
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidoziekingsley: 9:54am On Dec 21, 2020
Nosaghae:

But it happens even when my battery is 80%.
I have even tried removing the battery to use with only charger yet it still locks and goes to sleep while the charger is connected
Take it to a technician
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DisGuy: 1:13pm On Dec 21, 2020
udemzyudex:

If your laptop have two RAM slots, just buy another 4gb RAM but if it uses 1 RAM slot you will have to buy a single 8gb RAM.

Thanks, bought 8GB and installed it myself, total of 12GB now. kiss

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:41pm On Dec 21, 2020
DisGuy:

Thanks, bought 8GB and installed it myself, total of 12GB now. kiss

Enjoy cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:44pm On Dec 21, 2020
Rsdrsd:

There is a short circuit, see a laptop technician.

If you're in lag reach me on 08064724259, I can fix it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by betochuks1(m): 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2020
Gud day guys
My Zinox core i7 vpro has a place one can insert sim card. I inserted a sim and it did not work, i tried another sim card yet i didn't see anything like im using a sim card when i use the laptop. What should i do? Tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ojeigbo(m): 4:17pm On Dec 22, 2020
100% Neat uk laptops
With warranty

Hp Elitebook 8460
14" inches screen size
Core i5 320hdd 4Gb Ram
1gb dedicated graphics
With original charger
N90k only

Hp Elitebook
17" inches screen size
Core i7 500hdd 8gb Ram
2gb dedicated graphics
With original charger
N210k negotiatable

Lenovo thinkpad yoga 710-151kb-x360
14inches screen size
Core i5 1tb hdd 8gb Ram
X360 Touchscreen
With orginal charger
150k only

Lenovo thinkpad T420
14inches screen size
Core i5 320hdd 4gb Ram
Long battery life
With original charger
75k only

Computer village ikeja
Medical Road,near Uba bank
1 first floor suite 48
1 ADEPELE street ikeja
Suit 48
Mr Daniel or Dan - digital
Call or whatsApp

0 8 0 2 9 4 0 2 4 7 9
0 9 0 6 9 5 7 3 9 2 7

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by richesbhc(m): 6:33am On Dec 23, 2020
Mp pc Hp pavilion Dv6 has a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 and it is a bit unpleasant to tge the eyes and some Applications doesn't open on it like Autocad. How can i increase it to at least 1336 x 768? It runs on window 10 64 bit
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by richesbhc(m): 12:14pm On Dec 23, 2020
Also the graphics memory card and the Shared system memory shows 2gb but the Dedicated Video memory and the system video memory show 0mb, how do i increase the vram?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nerdnextdoor: 5:40am On Dec 24, 2020
Please I was having wifi connection problem with my Lenovo ideapad 310 laptop some days back and took it for repairs. It was formatted but after formatting, I am now having problem typing. It auto-deletes as I am typing. I am actually now Scared of carrying it back to the same quack repairer that formatted it. Please is there anything I can do myself to restore it to normalcy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.