Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1069) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262187 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AIT1(m): 10:52am On Dec 24, 2020
I turned ON my laptop and I saw this green color on my screen. The laptop is working as normal but the green color is making it difficult to use it effectively.

Please, what could be the cause of this Green Screen and how can I get rid of it?

Picture attached.

Thanks and God bless.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bovage(m): 7:28pm On Dec 24, 2020
AIT1:
I turned ON my laptop and I saw this green color on my screen. The laptop is working as normal but the green color is making it difficult to use it effectively.

Please, what could be the cause of this Green Screen and how can I get rid of it?

Picture attached.

Thanks and God bless.

It could be the screen is bad or signal cable (display cable) isn't tightly connected to the screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AIT1(m): 8:34pm On Dec 24, 2020
bovage:

It could be the screen is bad or signal cable (display cable) isn't tightly connected to the screen.

Okay thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Generalmbc(m): 10:15am On Dec 25, 2020
good day all and compliments of the season. i just got this hp probook 11ee convertible laptop but am having problem switching from the secondary camera to the main front facing webcam.. the system comes with 2 camera, one for tablet mood and the main camera for webcam

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pman096(m): 11:47am On Dec 25, 2020
I will thank you now o..the technician after making me spend money in a new graphics card and probably spoiling my old one came to tell me nonsense.. I had ordered a new board though.. thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CsRockefeller(m): 8:25pm On Dec 25, 2020
Sorry to out this here but so have an original Mac charger for sale @10k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by taylormed2(m): 6:25am On Dec 26, 2020
Which would speed up my system better, upgrading ram or swapping an ssd for my hdd.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 6:56am On Dec 26, 2020
SSD

taylormed2:
Which would speed up my system better, upgrading ram or swapping an ssd for my hdd.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by grandlexuz(m): 8:40am On Dec 26, 2020
Merry Christmas to All. Nice thread. One of the benefits of belonging to nairaland. I just obtained a dell cpu and a rectangular acer screen. 2GB Ram, 160HD, 2.6 Clock speed, Quad core. Mostly for research purposes thus the specification is dope.

The PC originally came with windows 7 so I had it upgraded to 8.1. However I find the basic writings too blurry. The image and boldened words look sharp but normal writings are boring to read. They dont look black enough and are not sharp.

Giving I got the pc for reading purposes the experience has been a turn off. I checked on the resolution switching between the two options but no solution. The option to increase size doesn't activate either.

Do I switch to back to windows 7? Windows 8.1 looks good to me, but with the blurry writings I can't keep it except there is a solution. Please Geeks in the house throw some light.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 26, 2020
Good morning guys, i have two serious problems affecting my laptop. The first one is that the laptop turn off whenever it reaches 30 or even 50 percent, i dont know whats wrong with it, whether its battery or charger problem.

The secomd issue is that my laptop always show :Windows will expire soon: its really disturbing me, how can i fix it and how much to update the windows?

Please help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sufiaoliver(f): 9:42am On Dec 26, 2020
My PC have many problems and one of the most error occuring problem my system
is pasue when i move it physcially and my not able to do work on it .
Then i completely trun off my PC and restart all system again.VoIP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bovage(m): 12:03pm On Dec 26, 2020
grandlexuz:
Merry Christmas to All. Nice thread. One of the benefits of belonging to nairaland. I just obtained a dell cpu and a rectangular acer screen. 2GB Ram, 160HD, 2.6 Clock speed, Quad core. Mostly for research purposes thus the specification is dope.

The PC originally came with windows 7 so I had it upgraded to 8.1. However I find the basic writings too blurry. The image and boldened words look sharp but normal writings are boring to read. They dont look black enough and are not sharp.

Giving I got the pc for reading purposes the experience has been a turn off. I checked on the resolution switching between the two options but no solution. The option to increase size doesn't activate either.

Do I switch to back to windows 7? Windows 8.1 looks good to me, but with the blurry writings I can't keep it except there is a solution. Please Geeks in the house throw some light.

Did you install the display driver after installing windows 8.1?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bovage(m): 12:05pm On Dec 26, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
Good morning guys, i have two serious problems affecting my laptop. The first one is that the laptop turn off whenever it reaches 30 or even 50 percent, i dont know whats wrong with it, whether its battery or charger problem.

The secomd issue is that my laptop always show :Windows will expire soon: its really disturbing me, how can i fix it and how much to update the windows?

Please help me

The first problem needs diagnosis

The second problem: you need to activate your windows.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 26, 2020
bovage:

The first problem needs diagnosis

The second problem: you need to activate your windows.
how to diagnose and how to activate the windows?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by grandlexuz(m): 1:08pm On Dec 26, 2020
bovage:

Did you install the display driver after installing windows 8.1?

The job was actually done from where I bought it. Looks very much like that could be the problem. How do I install the display drivers. Will it be a Dell specific driver or a windows 8.1 display driver.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Benjaniblinks(m): 12:32am On Dec 27, 2020
grandlexuz:

The job was actually done from where I bought it. Looks very much like that could be the problem. How do I install the display drivers. Will it be a Dell specific driver or a windows 8.1 display driver.
go to device manager and update your display driver from there. Or search for Windows update and let it do it's thing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:12am On Dec 27, 2020
grandlexuz:

Connect your device to the Internet, go to device manager, locate display adapter and update it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:13am On Dec 27, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

Please help me

1. Battery needs replacement

2. Windows need activation.

Contact me on 08064724259 if you want to get them fix.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 27, 2020
udemzyudex:

1. Battery needs replacement

2. Windows need activation.

Contact me on 08064724259 if you want to get them fix.
are you in benin city?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Classickj(m): 12:43pm On Dec 27, 2020
I reduce my display brightness from 100 to 1 but the display light is still bright ....

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
are you in benin city?

Nope, I'm in lagos but I have someone in Benin that can handle the job for you if you're interested.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2020
Classickj:
I reduce my display brightness from 100 to 1 but the display light is still bright ....

Check if your display adapter is driven.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 27, 2020
udemzyudex:

Nope, I'm in lagos but I have someone in Benin that can handle the job for you if you're interested.
how much for the windows update just in case?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Classickj(m): 9:37pm On Dec 27, 2020
udemzyudex:

Check if your display adapter is driven.
how do I do that
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:28pm On Dec 27, 2020
Classickj:
how do I do that

Control panel >> device manager >> display adapter.

Click on the drop down button and post what you see there or snap it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dyrane(m): 11:30pm On Dec 27, 2020
Classickj:

Display drivers outdated
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Classickj(m): 8:48am On Dec 28, 2020
udemzyudex:

Control panel >> device manager >> display adapter.
Click on the drop down button and post what you see there or snap it.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Classickj(m): 8:49am On Dec 28, 2020
dyrane:

Display drivers outdated
what do I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by IAMBOSS1990: 9:37am On Dec 28, 2020
My laptop occasionally shows fan not working properly and I have changed the fan but problem persist, please what could be the cause?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:33pm On Dec 28, 2020
[quote author=Classickj post=97488993][/quote]

You need to drive it, if you have data right click and update.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:34pm On Dec 28, 2020
IAMBOSS1990:
My laptop occasionally shows fan not working properly and I have changed the fan but problem persist, please what could be the cause?

Probably thermal error.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by IAMBOSS1990: 1:36pm On Dec 28, 2020
udemzyudex:

Probably thermal error.
Ha! Please how can I resolve the issue?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.