Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1076) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262722 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2021
Drella:

Now that's a tricky one.

Why not downgrade it to windows 8 to see if both the software and bluetooth will work?

Okay will try that out too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pman096(m): 2:23pm On Jan 27, 2021
Hello, please my laptop a medion erazer x6816 has nvidia graphics and intel, but I can't seem to use the nvidia, it's showing one yellow triangle in device manager, and without the nvidia most softwares are not running because of low graphics stuff
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 02emrys(m): 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2021
Drella:

The motherboard is LIKELY the culprit.It needs the work of an engineer on it.Probably the power IC on the mother board needs to be changed.

But when the power button is pressed,does it trip off itself later or it remains like that?
Also when the power button is pressed,does the cooling fan spin?
No sign of life just the power light and the charging life blinking and stopping
Thanks bro for your concern
I appreciate
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Drella(m): 4:43pm On Jan 27, 2021
02emrys:

No sign of life just the power light and the charging life blinking and stopping
Thanks bro for your concern
I appreciate

Okay give it to a technician to work on the motherboard.

You are welcome...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Drella(m): 4:46pm On Jan 27, 2021
pman096:
Hello, please my laptop a medion erazer x6816 has nvidia graphics and intel, but I can't seem to use the nvidia, it's showing one yellow triangle in device manager, and without the nvidia most softwares are not running because of low graphics stuff

You need to install the graphics driver.

You can do it with a drivers software like driverspack,snappy driver e.t.c
You can also do it online if you don't have these softwares.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Digitron: 7:10am On Jan 28, 2021
horllamy:

It’s software

What is the name of the software, where can I get one?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:34pm On Jan 28, 2021
Digitron:
Please Is there anyway to reset windows 10 password without formating it.

Yeah, i can handle it for you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Digitron: 9:49am On Jan 29, 2021
horllamy:

It’s software

what is the name of the software and where can get it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Harbeeorlar(m): 12:52pm On Jan 29, 2021
Unlock your Smile E5180 Router to use all networks.

Contact **090**11**22**33**84

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SheWrites(f): 9:52pm On Jan 29, 2021
Whenever I switch on my HP notebook laptop, it starts to make noise. The annoying noise goes on and on till I shut down. What should I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:54am On Jan 30, 2021
SheWrites:
Whenever I switch on my HP notebook laptop, it starts to make noise. The annoying noise goes on and on till I shut down. What should I do?

The keyboard is bad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gbengakolade1(m): 11:16am On Jan 30, 2021
SheWrites:

If you are in Lagos or ogun state, I can fix this for you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by robify01: 12:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
Thanks a lot

bovage:

Clean the fan and apply thermal paste
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by robify01: 12:49pm On Jan 30, 2021
I really appreciate your response.

It is a HP pavilion dml
Intel inside

Drella:

What is the brand and model?

The processor is the main thing that gets heated in the laptop.It is the work of the thermal paste to absorb the heat and the cooling fan to blow out the heat.

The thermal paste might have dried up OR
The cooling fan might be very dusty thereby reducing its rotation speed or it might be faulty as a whole(doesn't mean it won't spin)

If you can open a laptop,open it,the thermal paste sits ontop of the processor,directly under the heat zinc.Check if it's dried then you can buy and reapply on it.
If not thermal paste,only a person experienced working on laptops can ascertain the condition of the cooling fan(provided it isn't caused by dust).

Lastly,do not use the laptop on a bed or soft surface like a cushion chair.Place it on a hard surface like a table and probably your laps.Just to ensure the air vents are not being blocked.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Drella(m): 4:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
robify01:
I really appreciate your response.

It is a HP pavilion dml
Intel inside

Alright.

Found a solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MrJavaS: 7:36pm On Jan 30, 2021
Good evening guys
I have a 32 GB USB stick. Whenever I insert it on my PC I get an error that this drive has write protection. When I try to format I get an error. What's the best solution to this problem.

cc: computerboy udemzyudex greatzeus yemziAdez
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Iris22(f): 7:32am On Jan 31, 2021
Clean the fan properly
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lexander(m): 10:39am On Jan 31, 2021
Lenovo thinkpad date and time error does not boot pass thinkpad screen and goes straight to bio and the keyboard is inoperable (I think its the cmos battery but am not sure)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by harkinlaby77(m): 7:49pm On Jan 31, 2021
Please am in need of Lenovo s510p motherboard, anyone with it should quote me�
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hashiva: 7:53pm On Jan 31, 2021
Peoples are seeking to download software for speeding up their computers and ending up downloading a program that is the virus itself and will slow you down more. Here is my recent post explaining it.

https://hashivalayan.medium.com/programs-serving-virus-on-the-name-of-speeding-up-your-pc-9400b6d546a7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hashiva: 7:55pm On Jan 31, 2021
Here I am pasting the list of know programs that are scammers. I am coping from the below article.

Here is a list of other known software matching PC Accelerate Pro and One Click Speedup, that can harm your Windows PC.
NoblePCAP
Volatile Speedup
Silver Speedup
MBSilverSpeedUp
SilverSpeedup
Logic iPcap
YixSpeedup
YixSpeedup Soft
Ac Accelerate
Wspeedup

Hashiva:
Peoples are seeking to download software for speeding up their computers and ending up downloading a program that is the virus itself and will slow you down more. Here is my recent post explaining it.

https://hashivalayan.medium.com/programs-serving-virus-on-the-name-of-speeding-up-your-pc-9400b6d546a7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ArchEnemy(m): 9:19pm On Jan 31, 2021
Please where can i get microsoft office?
Any of the recent years
I don't mind part paying for someone with the GENUINE soft ware that has multiple users.
The mic office 365 i last bought is giving me headaches
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lexander(m): 10:28pm On Jan 31, 2021
lexander:
Lenovo thinkpad date and time error does not boot pass thinkpad screen and goes straight to bio and the keyboard is inoperable (I think its the cmos battery but am not sure)
anyone with a solution
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ladykilllar: 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2021
Hello guys

My Dell Latitude E5430 suddenly went on airplane mode and won't turn off or the wireless won't turn on

How do i rectify this?

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shed1498(m): 4:35am On Feb 02, 2021
Any idea on how I can get surfer 10,i am a final year geology student and I need it for my project.I need the crack version.quote me I ll reply.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ajineita: 8:13pm On Feb 02, 2021
My phone is showing headphone sign. Wouldn't play music out loudly. Any possible solutions?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by poj(m): 9:57am On Feb 03, 2021
Good morning experts, please I switched on my laptop since yesterday morning and it has been hibernating since o. I have off & on, but the problem persists. Kindly help out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okorieelvis(m): 5:07pm On Feb 03, 2021
Got a universal hsdpa modem for sale. Location is Lagos

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bovage(m): 9:21pm On Feb 03, 2021
poj:
Good morning experts, please I switched on my laptop since yesterday morning and it has been hibernating since o. I have off & on, but the problem persists. Kindly help out.

Perform hard reset - remove the battery and AC adapter from the laptop. Press the power button for more than 30 seconds then plug the battery back. Then put it on

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:50am On Feb 04, 2021
poj:

How are you sure it is hibernating?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Junnior: 7:16am On Feb 04, 2021
Please where can I get a good budget laptop?

Please recommend trusted sellers you know

(1) (2) (3) ... (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.