Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262749 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1145) (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 20, 2022
gsmphoneseller:
Family please help me.my Asus Rog suddenly started having display issues, now there's no dislay. Only black screen and keyboard lights when powered on.

No single image or alphabet shows on screen. Only black scree.

Pls help with recommendation

You need a screen replacement
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Craggybogg: 3:39pm On May 20, 2022
PhoneCareIkeja:

What’s the model of the laptop ?

HP laptop 15-bnxx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 20, 2022
Craggybogg:

HP laptop 15-bnxx

It could be the battery

You need to replace it with a good and sound battery

It’s available here in the office

Call or WhatsApp me on 09014566031
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ogunleti01: 8:11pm On May 20, 2022
Pls engineers in the house kindly assist me pls. my hp laptop is having issue. it was working pwrfectly well before i left home for my base here in the North. Though the battery is weak but it was still working. But i discovered each time i on it the power light will come on for like 20 seconds boot and goes off. i removed the battery run it directly with the adapter, it will on again no display on the screen then it gpes off again. Pls what could be the problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 9:27pm On May 20, 2022
SPOLO:
Pes2013 always crash whenever I enter Game plan.

What could be the solution to this?
I just upgraded my RAM From 2GB to 4GB still yet it's telling me all these

what is the model of that hp elitebook. it is not a dedicated graphics. the vram will be like 32mb or 64mb. it does not even 128mb memory required to play the game
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 9:31pm On May 20, 2022
MizterAccurate:
Hello engineers,please my laptop mouse pad hangs a lot although I usually use external mouse,but recently it's been displaying "last usb not recognised". Some keys on the keyboard also won't press sometimes. What is the likely issue? RAM,drivers,windows version or even something else entirely?

P.S:the laptop is dell e6410,2gb ram,500gb hdd,corei5,windows 10.
the inside components are dirty. your laptop needs general cleaning and servicing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SPOLO(m): 10:26pm On May 20, 2022
Adewale1603:
what is the model of that hp elitebook. it is not a dedicated graphics. the vram will be like 32mb or 64mb. it does not even 128mb memory required to play the game
yes it's 64mb
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lilbarracuda(m): 4:39am On May 21, 2022
Harpyeagle:
Hello guys. Pls i accidentally deleted a folder of about 300gig on my external hard drive (thanks to a friend's mistake) .
I downloaded aomei data recovery app and it found a lot of the deleted files but it wants me to pay for premium before i could recover them.
I don't know if any one has a cracked version of same app or some other app or another method that could help me recover the lost files. Pls help me

Try "RECUVA"

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Harpyeagle(m): 3:11pm On May 21, 2022
lilbarracuda:

Try "RECUVA"
Thank u. I already found it that day and it worked. Thanks alot!

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 6:46pm On May 21, 2022
Please who can help me with a 120 or even 320 hard disk for my hp probook, I can't afford a new HD at the moment so a used one at a give way price
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kehinde2017: 9:15pm On May 21, 2022
Hello engineers in the house. I actually just purchased a laptop (hp elitebook 840 g3 eindows 10 pro) and I later figured out the brightness isn't working. As a result of this, its at the highest brightness level which sucks my battery very very fast. I think that's the reason behind how the battery's gets drained easily. How can I fix this please?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 02emrys(m): 1:36am On May 22, 2022
New laptop 14.0 tiny interface screen for sale in Port Harcourt
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 6:33am On May 22, 2022
Kehinde2017:
Hello engineers in the house. I actually just purchased a laptop (hp elitebook 840 g3 eindows 10 pro) and I later figured out the brightness isn't working. As a result of this, its at the highest brightness level which sucks my battery very very fast. I think that's the reason behind how the battery's gets drained easily. How can I fix this please?

Check if the display adapter is driven, click on the windows icon, select power,as it is you want to shut it down.

You will see sleep, shutdown and restart.
If sleep is missing, then you need to drive the display adapter so you can easily increase or decrease using the keyboard or just right click on the desktop,select display settings and adjust it there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kehinde2017: 7:12am On May 22, 2022
Udemzy05:

Check if the display adapter is driven, click on the windows icon, select power,as it is you want to shut it down.

You will see sleep, shutdown and restart.
If sleep is missing, then you need to drive the display adapter so you can easily increase or decrease using the keyboard or just right click on the desktop,select display settings and adjust it there.
I've tried checking if it's driven and it looks like it is. However, I still cannot find the sleep option and I've tried all you explained here. If you could kindly explain more, it'd be very much helpful.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:12am On May 22, 2022
Kehinde2017:

Are you in Lagos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kehinde2017: 7:13am On May 22, 2022
Not at all
PhoneCareIkeja:

Are you in Lagos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:15am On May 22, 2022
Kehinde2017:
Not at all

There’s no way I could do it except you bring it to the office
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mavinsoladele(m): 7:33am On May 22, 2022
Hello everyone!

I have a laptop given to me by my sister. According to her, the laptop suddenly switched off and it has keyboard problems. I'd like to start freelancing and web development but I'm faced with two options:

1)Buy a new laptop
2)Repair the one my sis gave me even though it is likely it will soon get spoilt again (I don't even know how much the total repair will cost me).

Kindly advise me on what to do.

Cc qtguru
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by qtguru(m): 9:16am On May 22, 2022
Mavinsoladele:
Hello everyone!

I have a laptop given to me by my sister. According to her, the laptop suddenly switched off and it has keyboard problems. I'd like to start freelancing and web development but I'm faced with two options:

1)Buy a new laptop
2)Repair the one my sis gave me even though it is likely it will soon get spoilt again (I don't even know how much the total repair will cost me).

Cc qtguru

Is it battery, you can change keyboard cheaply , but what is the spec of the laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by qtguru(m): 9:17am On May 22, 2022
Kehinde2017:
Not at all

Ha just buy a new one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kehinde2017: 11:00am On May 22, 2022
What do you mean?
qtguru:

Ha just buy a new one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 11:39am On May 22, 2022
Mavinsoladele:
Hello everyone!

1)Buy a new laptop

Cc at guru
if the motherboard is not yet damaged, try to repair it and change keyboard. but if it requires changing of motherboard, buy a new laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mavinsoladele(m): 11:59am On May 22, 2022
qtguru:

Is it battery, you can change keyboard cheaply , but what is the spec of the laptop

DELL INSPIRON 15R-5521
CORE i3
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mavinsoladele(m): 12:00pm On May 22, 2022
Adewale1603:
if the motherboard is not yet damaged, try to repair it and change keyboard. but if it requires changing of motherboard, buy a new laptop
The technician I took it to spoke of changing the motherboard. I guess a new one it is.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 12:02pm On May 22, 2022
Kehinde2017:

I've tried checking if it's driven and it looks like it is. However, I still cannot find the sleep option and I've tried all you explained here. If you could kindly explain more, it'd be very much helpful.

If you can't find sleep among the power option, then it is not driven.

Go to device manager, display adapter, click on it.

If you see Microsoft display, then it is not driven, right click and select update, then Search automatically.

Make sure your internet is connected.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by qtguru(m): 12:04pm On May 22, 2022
Kehinde2017:
What do you mean?

You are not in Lagos so it will be stressful
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sayso: 12:33pm On May 22, 2022
PhoneCareIkeja:

What’s the model of your system
fixed. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kehinde2017: 1:03pm On May 22, 2022
Thanks a lot man and everyone who helped here. I fixed the issue.
Udemzy05:

If you can't find sleep among the power option, then it is not driven.

Go to device manager, display adapter, click on it.

If you see Microsoft display, then it is not driven, right click and select update, then Search automatically.

Make sure your internet is connected.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 1:21pm On May 22, 2022
Mavinsoladele:
The technician I took it to spoke of changing the motherboard. I guess a new one it is.
just sell the remaining usable parts to the technician, and get a brand new one

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 22, 2022
sayso:
fixed. Thanks.

Ok
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 2:24pm On May 22, 2022
Mavinsoladele:

DELL INSPIRON 15R-5521
CORE i3

If you're in lag I can help you check if the motherboard is fixable.

However, getting another mobo for this laptop is a cheaper than getting a another laptop.

As long as it is only the motherboard and keyboard that is the issue.

To get a good core i3 laptop UK use ,you will have to budget like #80k-90k

Changing the motherboard for this particular laptop (used) should be around #25-30k.

Getting a brand-new laptop with core i3 ,will have to budget like #250k above cos most of the laptop you will get now are 10th gen above.

Whether you get a brand-new laptop or UK use, it doesn't mean the laptop can not develop fault after 1hr of using it, that's why there is warranty on all products.

Unless you don't like the laptop,for me I'll advise you get another motherboard either used or new.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mavinsoladele(m): 2:31pm On May 22, 2022
Udemzy05:

If you're in lag I can help you check if the motherboard is fixable.

However, getting another mobo for this laptop is a cheaper than getting a another laptop.

As long as it is only the motherboard and keyboard that is the issue.

To get a good core i3 laptop UK use ,you will have to budget like #80k-90k

Changing the motherboard for this particular laptop (used) should be around #25-30k.

Getting a brand-new laptop with core i3 ,will have to budget like #250k above cos most of the laptop you will get now are 10th gen above.

Whether you get a brand-new laptop or UK use, it doesn't mean the laptop can not develop fault after 1hr of using it, that's why there is warranty on all products.

Unless you don't like the laptop,for me I'll advise you get another motherboard either used or new.

Thanks for detailing everything out for me. Although, I'm currently in Akure, but I appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1145) (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.