Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263094 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1190) (1191) (1192) (1193) (1194) (1195) (1196) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 8:59pm On May 27, 2023
MedicalFlame10:
Please someone should help me recover my email password through phone number

The email is 'onedoctor100@gmail.com '

The phone number I used is 08058211160

I just got a job of about 120k through that Gmail right now and I have been referred back to the mail

Please help

Chat me up

I will reward you with cash
the simcard of that phone number is required nw to reset your password and recover your Gmail account. The otp codes or recovery code will be sent to that phone number to recover it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by merison200: 1:14am On May 29, 2023
I want to buy this lenovo Ideapad S145.
I meet the seller yesterday and I love everything about the system but the only problem is that there's a white line at the edge of the screen as seen in the picture and the picture quality is not too sharp.

The seller have been convincing me that it's nothing but I want to make inquiries first.

Is it advisable to go ahead and buy it like that?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by achu442(m): 3:20am On May 29, 2023
Can I upgrade the processor of my system?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OgogoroDegree: 5:59am On May 29, 2023
merison200:
I meet the seller yesterday and I love everything about the system but the only problem is that there's a white line at the edge of the screen as seen in the picture and the picture quality is not too sharp.

The seller have been convincing me that it's nothing but I want to make inquiries first.

The screen has issue or must have been tampered with.
Please what is the configuration?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by merison200: 8:12am On May 29, 2023
Lenovo Ideapad S145
Intel celeron
8.00gb
320gig hard disk
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Abimloaded(m): 10:11am On May 29, 2023
merison200:

It's negligible. It's not an issue with the screen. It's just the impact of the bezel's connection with the screen.
Nothing to worry about. Some are like that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Abimloaded(m): 10:12am On May 29, 2023
achu442:

You can't upgrade the processor of your laptop except it's an upgradable one, which is not even something you can do to about 98% of laptops around.

So technically, you can't upgrade the processor of a laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:01am On May 29, 2023
merison200:

You better don't buy it grin tell him to change the screen or remove half of the money for the screen from the amount you intend to pay.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:02am On May 29, 2023
Abimloaded:

It's negligible. It's not an issue with the screen. It's just the impact of the bezel's connection with the screen.
Nothing to worry about. Some are like that.

Negligible bawo,from that place it begins to spread,it can be in a week, a month or months if he is lucky,you never can tell.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:02am On May 29, 2023
merison200:
Lenovo Ideapad S145
Intel celeron
8.00gb
320gig hard disk

What do you want to use the laptop for?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:03am On May 29, 2023
achu442:

What's the model?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Abimloaded(m): 11:42am On May 29, 2023
udemzyudex:

Negligible bawo,from that place it begins to spread,it can be in a week, a month or months if he is lucky,you never can tell.

It's negligible. We've seen that with laptops many times.

I'm not enforcing my stand on his decision though, if he's not comfortable with it, he may choose not to proceed. I'm just stating what I know from what I've seen many times.
Good job you're doing here, btw.
Greetings, big man.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 12:45pm On May 29, 2023
merison200:

the fact is there's a defect on the screen, likely a screen bleeding issues, and has compromised the integrity of the system, some people aren't comfortable with such on their laptop screen, not to talk of just buying it new, and you still want to pay for such, when there re other alternatives faultless systems you can get around. Of course the seller will surely convince you to buy it, do you expect the seller to discourage you from buying it before, the seller is after selling his own goods, I can only buy such system, only if the seller is selling it for a more cheaper price due to the minor defects.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:13pm On May 29, 2023
Abimloaded:

It's negligible. We've seen that with laptops many times.

I'm not enforcing my stand on his decision though, if he's not comfortable with it, he may choose not to proceed. I'm just stating what I know from what I've seen many times.
Good job you're doing here, btw.
Greetings, big man.

I understand. Thanks, greetings to you too.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by merison200: 9:28pm On May 29, 2023
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your advice.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by achu442(m): 12:00am On May 30, 2023
udemzyudex:

What's the model?

HP Elitebook 8560p core i7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:31am On May 30, 2023
achu442:

HP Elitebook 8560p core i7
And you want to upgrade the processor to core i10 ? grin

Btw why do you want to upgrade,is the laptop not performing well?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by achu442(m): 11:55am On May 30, 2023
udemzyudex:

And you want to upgrade the processor to core i10 ? grin

Btw why do you want to upgrade,is the laptop not performing well?

The processor is a M processor I want to change it to K
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:59pm On May 30, 2023
achu442:

The processor is a M processor I want to change it to K

You want the one that over clock right.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by achu442(m): 6:52pm On May 30, 2023
udemzyudex:

You want the one that over clock right.

Yes or H.

Is it possible?
Will it affect the system?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:39pm On May 30, 2023
achu442:

Yes or H.

Is it possible?
Will it affect the system?

Not really as long as the system supports over clocking.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nnadychuks(m): 11:56pm On May 30, 2023
Abimloaded:

You can't upgrade the processor of your laptop except it's an upgradable one, which is not even something you can do to about 98% of laptops around.

So technically, you can't upgrade the processor of a laptop
Engineer pls help my life o… my hp folio 9480 system wouldn’t boot up at first. The fan would spin but nothing came up on the screen. I took the system to two engineers here in Imo State and they confirmed I needed a motherboard change. Last week I spent 52k for motherboard + 11k for new hdd because it seemed the hdd also crashed and after that the system worked well.
Fast forward to today, less than a week I changed the motherboard, I was trying to run small code on Vscode that’s when system just went blank again. This time, the fan didn’t even spin. I plugged the system to power, no charging light, nothing. Few seconds after with the charger plugged in, I started perceiving burnt smell from the inside system.
Abeg o…
I’ve called the engineer he said the problem is from my home connection. Connection that didn’t blow tv or any other appliance I’m using…
I know you have experience, please let me know if I’m at fault cos body don Dey pepper me for where dat engineer Dey now like dis…
Ps: I plugged the system on steady Nepa light
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by selmann(m): 8:05am On May 31, 2023
nnadychuks:

Engineer pls help my life o… my hp folio 9480 system wouldn’t boot up at first. The fan would spin but nothing came up on the screen. I took the system to two engineers here in Imo State and they confirmed I needed a motherboard change. Last week I spent 52k for motherboard + 11k for new hdd because it seemed the hdd also crashed and after that the system worked well.
Fast forward to today, less than a week I changed the motherboard, I was trying to run small code on Vscode that’s when system just went blank again. This time, the fan didn’t even spin. I plugged the system to power, no charging light, nothing. Few seconds after with the charger plugged in, I started perceiving burnt smell from the inside system.
Abeg o…
I’ve called the engineer he said the problem is from my home connection. Connection that didn’t blow tv or any other appliance I’m using…
I know you have experience, please let me know if I’m at fault cos body don Dey pepper me for where dat engineer Dey now like dis…
probably a power surge from your power source at home, the motherboard is still fresh it has not built its own resistance just like the other appliances you just mentioned, so free the engineer guy here.
Just take the laptop to the engineer to check the level of damage, you might be lucky its just the power mosfets that got burnt which is replaceable, and pls also hint him about the burnt smell so fixing it will be easy for him.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OgogoroDegree: 8:15am On May 31, 2023
nnadychuks:

Abeg o…

Please my bro,
How much you bought the hp folio?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nnadychuks(m): 10:28am On May 31, 2023
OgogoroDegree:

Please my bro,
How much you bought the hp folio?
I bought it then 110k 2 years back
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 12:07pm On May 31, 2023
nnadychuks:

Abeg o…
maybe the replacement motherboard ain't good. Considering the fact that you spent 52k + 11k, changing the motherboard and hard disk. And you originally bought the system for 110k. Do the maths yourself. To me o, when system gets motherboard issues, instead of trying to fix it, I will just sell all the parts off as it is, and add money and get a New system.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nnadychuks(m): 4:16pm On May 31, 2023
Adewale1603:
maybe the replacement motherboard ain't good. Considering the fact that you spent 52k + 11k, changing the motherboard and hard disk. And you originally bought the system for 110k. Do the maths yourself. To me o, when system gets motherboard issues, instead of trying to fix it, I will just sell all the parts off as it is, and add money and get a New system.
That was 2 years ago, tho I’m aware the system is now sold at 155k US used
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nnadychuks(m): 4:20pm On May 31, 2023
selmann:
probably a power surge from your power source at home, the motherboard is still fresh it has not built its own resistance just like the other appliances you just mentioned, so free the engineer guy here.
Just take the laptop to the engineer to check the level of damage, you might be lucky its just the power mosfets that got burnt which is replaceable, and pls also hint him about the burnt smell so fixing it will be easy for him.
Thank you very much. I went back and the engineer said he can fix it, that it’s minor… probably it’s the mosfet you mentioned.
They made reference of me getting a new charger that the one I’m currently using is china charger and that’s why the system fried…
The reason I’m thanking u well is because the motive of my return to his workshop changed after ur adviced me what to do. We were able to reason like normal human beings, but that’s not my initial plan.
Thanks 🙏

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jonaville29(m): 6:54pm On May 31, 2023
Good day all. Please my windows 10 laptop got stucked here. I can't even sign in or do anything on it. Please what can I do?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lovediehatelive(m): 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2023
Bosses in the house, please help me out.

I I on my laptop today, it indicated it was on but the screen is black.

Also I'm hearing one small small click sound. I off it again, repeat the process, same thing.

Hope it's not what I'm thinking

udemzyudex

MEGASTAN76

ebab
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:33pm On Jun 01, 2023
lovediehatelive:
Bosses in the house, please help me out.

I I on my laptop today, it indicated it was on but the screen is black.

Also I'm hearing one small small click sound. I off it again, repeat the process, same thing.

Hope it's not what I'm thinking

udemzyudex

MEGASTAN76

ebab

1. Check if the caplock light is working fine ( light on and off when you press it)

2. Point a torch light to the screen and check if you can see any character on it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lovediehatelive(m): 8:27pm On Jun 01, 2023
udemzyudex:

1. Check if the caplock light is working fine ( light on and off when you press it)

2. Point a torch light to the screen and check if you can see any character on it.

Thanks boss

1. The light works fine.

2. Let me check for the character

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1190) (1191) (1192) (1193) (1194) (1195) (1196) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.