Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,694 members, 7,802,033 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1260374 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Demayour: 12:26am On Nov 12, 2014
pls i have a problem with my hp dv6. whenever i put it in sleep mode, the system will not respond and i'll have to switch it off for more than 30 minutes before it will finally respond.pls what should i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ogborokiri(m): 2:44am On Nov 12, 2014
Tolzeal:

Seems this is my expectation. It Beautiful No way Bro!
what will i do to fix it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 6:02am On Nov 12, 2014
Ogborokiri:
what will i do to fix it

Ur system spec won't be able to contain it bro.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 6:04am On Nov 12, 2014
Demayour:
pls i have a problem with my hp dv6. whenever i put it in sleep mode, the system will not respond and i'll have to switch it off for more than 30 minutes before it will finally respond.pls what should i do?

Does this occur during normal booting too?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:11am On Nov 12, 2014
zyzxx:
if u are lucky enough.
Does ur laptop detect d hard drive?
No sir, it does not
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cluzdcobra(m): 10:16am On Nov 12, 2014
deji2009:

What is the make and model number of the laptop ?

Windows 7 or Vista ?

Is the charger original, as in
proper charger not cheap ones

Its a Dell n5050 inspiron..windows 7..and no its not an "original" charger,jus one of
D̶̲̥̅̊ regular ones
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by opeyemix: 10:17am On Nov 12, 2014
my system is not starting again o.it only shows the window icon and stops there

abeg i need help oo
i am using window 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 10:46am On Nov 12, 2014
opeyemix:

abeg i need help oo
i am using window 7

There are two things involved.
Either Ur HD is crashed or Windows Crashed.
Get a bootable CD around U, then reload!if u going to get crashed windows luck!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by opeyemix: 11:01am On Nov 12, 2014
please i dont undastnd uo. abeg drop ur whats app pin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:41pm On Nov 12, 2014
Tolzeal:

There are two things involved.
Either Ur HD is crashed or Windows Crashed.
Get a bootable CD around U, then reload!if u going to get crashed windows luck!

opeyemix:
please i dont undastnd uo. abeg drop ur whats app pin

Given what have read so far, could I ask you to write diagnostics that are easier to understand. It helps me to learn from you. There are other diagnostics you have written that i couldn't get my head round, talkless of a user. I read each post everyday to add to my knowledge. Thanks pal wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
cluzdcobra:

Its a Dell n5050 inspiron..windows 7..and no its not an "original" charger,jus one of
D̶̲̥̅̊ regular ones

Take the laptop and charger to a computer repair shop and ask them to test it with a different charger
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by scantee(m): 12:53pm On Nov 12, 2014
opeyemix:

abeg i need help oo
i am using window 7

Try pressing F8 while you on the system, select boot from safe mood with command prompt. if that boots it well restart the computer it will boot well then.

note this suggestion is only to test if the operating System is still ok. but if this does not work it do let us know I will give you other options.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by scantee(m): 1:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
deji2009:

Take the laptop and charger to a computer repair shop and ask them to test it with a different charger

@Deji2009.

How far man? long time...guess you remembered me? I use to be in this section with you and Duacore back then in 2009/2010.

I even campaigned for you as computer section man of the year.

am glad your still here doing what you know best.

kudos

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by scantee(m): 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2014
darlingnuel:

I've updated windows and some drivers online. I've equally downloaded and performed Microsoft fixit and all kinds of troubleshooting, and eachtime I get "Windows found no problems"! I omitted these in my original post...

if your so sure of your software simple do the following.

during the installation change the directory of where your installing the office

Eg C:/program files/office12
you can rename the office12 to different folder name it will automatically create itself.

or if your system HDD is partitioned select a different drive and install it.

or if your program files is duo eg program files and program filesx86 you can select a different one if the first did not work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by scantee(m): 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
darlingnuel:

I've updated windows and some drivers online. I've equally downloaded and performed Microsoft fixit and all kinds of troubleshooting, and eachtime I get "Windows found no problems"! I omitted these in my original post...

darlingnuel:

if your so sure of your software simple do the following.

during the installation change the directory of where your installing the office

Eg C:/program files/office12
you can rename the office12 to different folder name it will automatically create itself.

or if your system HDD is partitioned select a different drive and install it.

or if your program files is duo eg program files and program filesx86 you can select a different one if the first did not work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Villymoore(m): 1:37pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hello pls,

I have a Medion MD96970 laptop and problem is that the screen wont light up. Some times it will light and work perfectly for a week there after it wont light up again, but every other things work i e the fan spin, the power button would be on every other thing would be working, but the screen refused to light up. Tested the screen and it ok. Pls help. God bless.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Demayour: 1:54pm On Nov 12, 2014
it happens sometimes when i boot it too.The booting is also very slow
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Demayour: 1:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
Tolzeal:

Does this occur during normal booting too?

it happens sometimes during booting.The booting is also very slow
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2014
Demayour:

it happens sometimes during booting.The booting is also very slow

Prolly u have some start up apps.
go to tast manager and knock some irrelevant ones up.

Also clean the system registry. Make use of CCleaner.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 3:58pm On Nov 12, 2014
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

No sir, it does not
hmmm. do u by d connector in a separately and put d hardisk inside or u bought d together?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 3:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
Villymoore:
Hello pls,

I have a Medion MD96970 laptop and problem is that the screen wont light up. Some times it will light and work perfectly for a week there after it wont light up again, but every other things work i e the fan spin, the power button would be on every other thing would be working, but the screen refused to light up. Tested the screen and it ok. Pls help. God bless.
it d module, u need to change d screen module sir.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Leward(m): 6:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
[quote author=Tolzeal post=27932840]

Yea. It should be able to, just make sure the one u are purchasing is pre activated or loaded with Serials At the Cover. Dou as for me I don't buy does discs , I normally do my way of downloading on torrent pages with good vouches!

Remember to ave a backup before reloading the OS!! [/quote
K thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2014
zyzxx:
hmmm. do u by d connector in a separately and put d hardisk inside or u bought d together?
it was actually the hard disc of my spoilt laptop. I removed it and bought a connector for it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 8:17pm On Nov 12, 2014
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

it was actually the hard disc of my spoilt laptop. I removed it and bought a connector for it
it Gud news den... Open it and reconnet it back, maybe d hardisk as shaking.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:35am On Nov 13, 2014
Good day everyone,I'm using a HP mini 110-3800,Windows 7 starter ,32-bit OS

Now my problem is that I can't connect my laptop to my wifi,whenever I try it says it's disabled by mobility center,I have search all over but can't find the mobility center.

Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 7:31am On Nov 13, 2014
youmour:
Good day everyone,I'm using a HP mini 110-3800,Windows 7 starter ,32-bit OS

Now my problem is that I can't connect my laptop to my wifi,whenever I try it says it's disabled by mobility center,I have search all over but can't find the mobility center.

Pls help

HIt the windows Button on ur keyboard and search, ' Windows Mobility Center '. Try use some key combination codes. Press the Fn + the wifi key.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ultimatesafety(m): 9:00am On Nov 13, 2014
Now you can recover your deleted files with UNDELETE 360
Undelete 360 is one of the best programs to use for restoring accidentally or unintentionally deleted files from your computer, regardless of storage medium.

Built on a very fast and efficient algorithm, the program will browse, search, and recover files that have been deleted as a result of an accident, a virus, or software and computer failures.

Undelete 360 can recover files deleted from computer hard drives, USB/thumb drives and memory sticks, the memory cards used in cameras, smart phones, and other devices, pen drives, and more. The program supports both file recovery and folder recovery.

Using Undelete 360, you can restore files from:
Hard drives
Digital cameras
Floppy drives
USB flash drives
Using Undelete 360, you can restore files:
accidentally deleted from your PC or other media
deleted by viruses
too large to fit in the recycle bin
deleted on Windows network shares
deleted from a USB Memory Stick
deleted when you press "Shift+Delete" keys
erased when the Move or Cut command has been used
created and deleted by certain applications
deleted from the command line
CHECK IT OUT HERE. https://www.bluesnap.com/jsp/buynow.jsp?contractId=3170432&referrer=1087519
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ultimatesafety(m): 9:26am On Nov 13, 2014
Cleanup Utility is a leading Registry Cleaner as it is designed to function as a user friendly software for the average PC user.
It is designed to repair All the Windows Operating Systems that will roll back a PC to perform at its best state.
As simple as it is to use it also has a very advanced back end that fixes all registry files errors, removes malware and repairs any damage caused by malicious software.
Above all - PC Cleanup Utility will increase PC speed and maximize efficiency.

Requirements:
Windows XP All Versions, Vista , Windows 7 32 and 64 bit
1GHZ+ CPU, 512MB+ (0.5 GB+) memory, 10MB+ free drive space

IMPORTANT! [/b]PC Cleanup Utility auto-updates to the latest version. You dont have to download it again once it’s installed.

[b]2. Scan your PC for Errors
PC Cleanup Utility automatically starts up after installation and prompts you to run a scan and detect errors and malware on your PC.
click Start Scan. PC Cleanup Utility will start analyzing your PC and detecting errors which cause windows to slow down and disfunction.
IMPORTANT! Close all open programs and internet browsers before running a scan to ensure maximum effectiveness.

3. Fix your PC
Once the Scan is completed the amount of errors PC Clenaup Utility has found will be displayed in the lower left corner of the software.
Click Fix ALL in order to start cleaning your computer. The process will take a few minutes which afterwards your Operating system, registry and Hard Drive will be optimized and boosted.

IMPORTANT! Close all open programs and internet browsers before fixing your PC to ensure maximum effectiveness.

[b]To get one:[/b]https://www.bluesnap.com/jsp/buynow.jsp?contractId=3125188&referrer=1087519
[b]For more info:[/b]https://www.bluesnap.com/jsp/redirect.jsp?contractId=3125188&referrer=1087519
[b]For Trial:[/b]https://www.bluesnap.com/jsp/download_trial.jsp?contractId=3125188&referrer=1087519
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 13, 2014
Tolzeal:

HIt the windows Button on ur keyboard and search, ' Windows Mobility Center '. Try use some key combination codes. Press the Fn + the wifi key.

Nothing happens when I press the FN + WiFi key
There's no Windows mobility center when I search .I honestly don't know what the problem is cos I used this laptop just last week
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Villymoore(m): 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
zyzxx:
zyzxx:
zyzxx:

Ok, like how much will it cost me to change d screen module?
I also need d battery (Model: WIM2220) for d said laptop (Medion MD96970). Any idea where i can get it? Some shops i contacted @ Ikeja don't have it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 12:09pm On Nov 13, 2014
youmour:

Nothing happens when I press the FN + WiFi key
There's no Windows mobility center when I search .I honestly don't know what the problem is cos I used this laptop just last week

Okay!! Let move to windows 7 ultimate. Prolly it may solve the problem.

Search for "Windows Any time upgrade". Inbox me on Whatsapp for a genuine key.
NB: make sure the Pc support Wi-fi from. The manufacturer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.