Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262706 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ChynoBEATS: 5:13am On Apr 18, 2015
embarassed guy's please how much is ddR2 ram 4 pc?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 9:34am On Apr 18, 2015
valentinegibbs:
my laptop keyboard is acting up,sum of de keys re nt wrkin sumtimez nd its affectin new keyz everyday.....pls i need suggestions

You need to replace the keyboard.... Check our signature for call back numbers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by haryomikun(m): 12:05pm On Apr 18, 2015
Help!!! My computer is putting me in a temporary profile as a user. What I actually tried to do was to do a quick scan on my computer with Avast antivirus( although its expired and I need to update it). After it was through, it asked me if I wanted to run a full scan on it. I clicked yes and it rebooted my computer and kept on scanning for a long time. When it reached about 55percent, I aborted it and my computer restarted again. When I tried to sign in, it showed, 'Preparing Windows'. When I signed in, I saw most of my desktop icons gone. So I had to go to 'My computer', then 'Users', and I saw my computer was using a 'Temporary User' for me. Meanwhile, if I go to my normal user, I will be able to see all my files on it. It then prompted me that ' A temporary profile has been created for you. You may need to sign out before accesing your files' . Then I tried signing out, and re-signing in again. And it was even showing me my Normal user. Still it took me to the temporary profile while even showing me my Normal User as the profile picture and account. I don't even understand 'coz I have only one user. I have never switched users or anything like that on my laptop. How can I fix this problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 8:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
haryomikun:
Help!!! My computer is putting me in a temporary profile as a user. What I actually tried to do was to do a quick scan on my computer with Avast antivirus( although its expired and I need to update it). After it was through, it asked me if I wanted to run a full scan on it. I clicked yes and it rebooted my computer and kept on scanning for a long time. When it reached about 55percent, I aborted it and my computer restarted again. When I tried to sign in, it showed, 'Preparing Windows'. When I signed in, I saw most of my desktop icons gone. So I had to go to 'My computer', then 'Users', and I saw my computer was using a 'Temporary User' for me. Meanwhile, if I go to my normal user, I will be able to see all my files on it. It then prompted me that ' A temporary profile has been created for you. You may need to sign out before accesing your files' . Then I tried signing out, and re-signing in again. And it was even showing me my Normal user. Still it took me to the temporary profile while even showing me my Normal User as the profile picture and account. I don't even understand 'coz I have only one user. I have never switched users or anything like that on my laptop. How can I fix this problem
Try running a chkdsk /f on the hard drive, see if this fixes the corrupt account. if it doesn't, then you'll have to copy your user folder to a newly created account
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vyntra(m): 9:05am On Apr 19, 2015
my laptop is not turning on again unless I plug it in.the problem started when the laptop went dead and was left without charging 4 a whole week ,I used another battery and it worked,this is a battery problem,wat can I do to fix it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 9:48am On Apr 19, 2015
whats the best app or software to download movies from youtube ??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 10:56am On Apr 19, 2015
purplekayc:

Make use of internet download manager. It works best.
smiley smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by heazyconcept: 2:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
please who has activator for windows 8.1 pro with no unwanted addons or plugins or where i can download please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 3:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
haryomikun:

Yes your issue is quite complicated and needs someone who knows their way around the computer (most specifically the registry) to resolve the problem.
For fear of messing up your system...you are better off doing what "bigt" suggested by creating a new user account and copying your user folder into the new user account.
Running the check disk may fix the problem as well...but i also think this is a registry issue tho.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 3:04pm On Apr 19, 2015
Vyntra:
my laptop is not turning on again unless I plug it in.the problem started when the laptop went dead and was left without charging 4 a whole week ,I used another battery and it worked,this is a battery problem,wat can I do to fix it?

I'm sorry but it seems like you have done a proper troubleshooting and figured its the battery....there's no need trying to fix a bad laptop battery. You should just consider "properly" throwing it away.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 3:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
deji2009:

Hello cp2dec1

My name is Deji one of the technical adviser on nairaland. Having read your post all
week, I welcome you on board, please join us to provide impeccable technical support.

cheesy

It's been a pleasure so far...thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by haryomikun(m): 3:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
cp2dec1:

Yes your issue is quite complicated and needs someone who knows their way around the computer (most specifically the registry) to resolve the problem.
For fear of messing up your system...you are better off doing what "bigt" suggested by creating a new user account and copying your user folder into the new user account.
Running the check disk may fix the problem as well...but i also think this is a registry issue tho.
Ok bro. Thanks a lot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stadora(f): 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
deji2009:

Use google to find out how to get to device manager
and click the + sign next to network adaptor, what can you see ?

Any yellow signs on the list ?
under netwok adapters, I only see broadband netxtreme gigabit ethernet.
I also saw a big yellow question mark as other devices in d list, with another 3 big yellow question mark under it
wot next do I do pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:17pm On Apr 19, 2015
stadora:

under netwok adapters, I only see broadband netxtreme gigabit ethernet.
I also saw a big yellow question mark as other devices in d list, with another 3 big yellow question mark under it
wot next do I do pls?

The yellow should have a name, for example mass controller
Ok rift click on the yellow sign and click properties

It should give you code 10 or19

Also visit the laptop Manu'f website to download the latest wireless/ethernet drivers
You could buy a driver scanner from the internet.(last resort)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
cp2dec1:

I'm sorry but it seems like you have done a proper troubleshooting and figured its the battery....there's no need trying to fix a bad laptop battery. You should just consider "properly" throwing it away.

Wow!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hibiscuss(m): 10:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
deji2009:

The yellow should have a name, for example mass controller
Ok rift click on the yellow sign and click properties

It should give you code 10 or19

Also visit the laptop Manu'f website to download the latest wireless/ethernet drivers
You could buy a driver scanner from the internet.(last resort)

Plz I need your advise. I bought a brand new Toshiba laptop...I didn't use it up for 10months before it started giving battery
problem(the battery doesn't use up to an hour). Later the problem escalated to blue screen....btw an hour usage, d PC would reboot itself Atleast twice showing blue screen. I left it like that and went to the NYSC orientation camp, on my returned, I noticed the keyboard has started malfunctioning and d battery was finally dead. A month later, d screen stopped displaying and d keyboard stopped working. The engineer said I ll get a new keyboard, a new HDD and a new battery. Though I know the cost of replacing all this will be lesser than getting another one but I want to ask which one is preferable. Repairing this one or getting a brand new one.
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hibiscuss(m): 10:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
cp2dec1:

It's been a pleasure so far...thank you.

Plz I need your advise. I bought a brand new Toshiba laptop...I didn't use it up for 10months before it started giving battery problem(the battery doesn't use up to an hour). Later the problem escalated to blue screen....btw an hour usage, d PC would reboot itself Atleast twice showing blue screen. I left it like that and went to the NYSC orientation camp, on my returned, I noticed the keyboard has started malfunctioning and d battery was finally dead. A month later, d screen stopped displaying and d keyboard stopped working. The engineer said I ll get a new keyboard, a new HDD and a new battery. Though I know the cost of replacing all this will be lesser than getting another one but I want to ask which one is preferable. Repairing this one or getting a brand new one.
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shadrack17: 11:19pm On Apr 19, 2015
Pls I need Packardbell Battery for my Laptop Output: 14.4V Model:Argo C2
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by maryapple: 6:42am On Apr 20, 2015
Good heavens, just a week ago I was so frustrated and miserable, that I just can't tell you( It all was due to my site - it was hacked, due to the passwords leak. No help, nothingh can be done - thought I. Luckily, I decided to try reliable and cheap proxy http://buy.fineproxy.org/eng/ I didn't believe, but it really is safe from many scams and hackers attacks. My new site works ok now and I'm quite happy) Hope, someone'll find this info useful. Good luck)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 6:50am On Apr 20, 2015
Hibiscuss:

Plz I need your advise. I bought a brand new Toshiba laptop...I didn't use it up for 10months before it started giving battery problem(the battery doesn't use up to an hour). Later the problem escalated to blue screen....btw an hour usage, d PC would reboot itself Atleast twice showing blue screen. I left it like that and went to the NYSC orientation camp, on my returned, I noticed the keyboard has started malfunctioning and d battery was finally dead. A month later, d screen stopped displaying and d keyboard stopped working. The engineer said I ll get a new keyboard, a new HDD and a new battery. Though I know the cost of replacing all this will be lesser than getting another one but I want to ask which one is preferable. Repairing this one or getting a brand new one.
Thanks.

To my own side . I believe So much those listed above are the Top best utils u can enjoi in a PC, The worst of it all is they all malfunctioning at the same time. I candid advice would be if U can seriously afford a New One,you should go for it., for the fact that there is no much warranty on spare you buy which Is not from the OEM.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hibiscuss(m): 8:23am On Apr 20, 2015
Tolzeal:

To my own side . I believe So much those listed above are the Top best utils u can enjoi in a PC, The worst of it all is they all malfunctioning at the same time. I candid advice would be if U can seriously afford a New One,you should go for it., for the fact that there is no much warranty on spare you buy which Is not from the OEM.

Thanks bro.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by funkyjms: 2:40pm On Apr 20, 2015
Hibiscuss:

Thanks.

Trust me, you wont really know it'd be wise to get a new one until you buy the necessary hardwares and softwares, pay for repairs and other miscellaneous. At the end, the difference would be insignificant. Just go get a new now bro!

Next time, when you're going on a trip like that, always detach the battery.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tobyemmanuel(m): 7:29pm On Apr 20, 2015
I use a dell inspiron 15. Recently about 2 weeks ago, I noticed that I cannot upload files online, open a file from an application or even save a new file. I can only modify and save existing files. If want to create a new file, I will have to copy an existing one, rename it, modify it and save it. Please help me out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phabuloz(m): 7:53pm On Apr 20, 2015
Boss I av a problem with ma system. I'm using sony viao and the video and audio controller doesn't want to install what should I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phabuloz(m): 7:54pm On Apr 20, 2015
Boss I av a problem with ma system. I'm using sony viao and the video and audio controller doesn't want to install
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 8:33am On Apr 21, 2015
phabuloz:
Boss I av a problem with ma system. I'm using sony viao and the video and audio controller doesn't want to install what should I do?

Firstly, Are u sure you downloading the drivers from the OEM webpage??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 8:37am On Apr 21, 2015
tobyemmanuel:
I use a dell inspiron 15. Recently about 2 weeks ago, I noticed that I cannot upload files online, open a file from an application or even save a new file. I can only modify and save existing files. If want to create a new file, I will have to copy an existing one, rename it, modify it and save it. Please help me out.

Have you tried uploading in another webpage, It might be from the host you uploading to. I see no reason why u should be facing this kinda ish...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seyizma(m): 12:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
Hi gurus, my laptop showed the blue screen of death while playing a game on it. I then switched it off. but since then , it only powers on but doesn't display. It at times show a display for few seconds and then display goes off.

Please help!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ourdigitalblast(m): 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2015
purplekayc:
Try Vdownloads if it's available for free
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ourdigitalblast(m): 2:23pm On Apr 21, 2015
haryomikun:

Is this issue related to Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8? Are you by chance getting bumped to safe mode? I'm surprised Windows is creating a temporary profile for you just because you stopped a scan. Please provide answers to these questions for further assistance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ourdigitalblast(m): 2:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
Hibiscuss:

Thanks.

Before you go further, Remove the battery. Plug it to electricity. Start it. If it boots even with error message or blue screen; good. Replace the battery and do the system restore yourself. Chances are your operating system is corrupt and needs restoration process completed. What model of Toshiba is it. I can walk you through the process of restoration because the system image is built into the hard drive.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pass111(m): 4:00pm On Apr 21, 2015
Pls gurus help how can i remove yxo.warmpotrait.com ad from my system the ad is killing me

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.