Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (690) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263086 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:58am On Mar 29, 2016
kolidave:
this is a common issue and ive searched d whole of google and cant seem to find solution to this problem. my hp laptop of 4months doesnt charge fully,it stops at 97% and then says not charging. someone with experience shld pls tell me how he solved this issue. tnx
Drain the battery completely and charge back. Let's hope it gets fully charged thereafter.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 3:50am On Mar 29, 2016
dammygoody:
Good evening gurus in the house. I really appreciate your good work here.
Pls I just got an HP15 some weeks back. Windows 8.1 installed. However,
1. most of the apps on the tiles are not opening;like music, store, video, etc.
2. It also says I can't project to another screen, that I shld re-install the drivers or change the video card
3. How do I check the dedicated vidooeo card and graphics card memory
4. The blueooth device is not working,its not seeing any device and cannot be seen
What can I do solve these problems.
Pls, I would love a step-by-step process if possible.
Samelog616, Vitalysta etc...
im sorry i wont be able to type all the answers but u can call me on 08061679732 for quick response
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by danton(m): 10:07am On Mar 29, 2016
please anybody know the cost of replacing HP screen?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kolidave: 10:59am On Mar 29, 2016
bigt2:

Drain the battery completely and charge back. Let's hope it gets fully charged thereafter.
thanx bro. ive tried that plenty times. i just hope my battery isnt faulty
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lordseyad(m): 11:18am On Mar 29, 2016
Morning.. Gurus help!

Case 1- my pc shows 'plugged in not charging' after like an hour of charging. but I noticed whenever I leave it jxt like that for the normal full charge time say 2hrs plus. And I off and On it back, it would be fully charged, so I think maybe I could manage this like that..

but another serious one now is , whenever I use the pc to like 48, 49, 50 % , nd I shut down the pc; then after few hours - 2 or 3 hrs.. I on it back and the ba3 is drained- was at 0%. Same thing happened yest..

I hope this is explanatory enough sire, the pc is hp g62 nd I jxt got it from a seller few days ago.
bigt2 , vitalysta , samelog616
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by elpiro: 6:42pm On Mar 29, 2016
good day all, my PC(hp8440p) has issues: It takes time to boot/load after a system format. After loading(about 20mins), it doesn't show any content of the HDD. how can I fix this issue and can I recover the contents of the HDD
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kfed4ril(m): 7:36pm On Mar 29, 2016
skydancer:
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux

Bro evening, pls I installed windows 10 on my system and installed some necessary drivers, and since then my system doesn't shutdown. Pls help tnk u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 10:38pm On Mar 29, 2016
danton:
please anybody know the cost of replacing HP screen?

HP what?
What is the model number of screen...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:26am On Mar 30, 2016
Lordseyad:
Morning.. Gurus help!

Case 1- my pc shows 'plugged in not charging' after like an hour of charging. but I noticed whenever I leave it jxt like that for the normal full charge time say 2hrs plus. And I off and On it back, it would be fully charged, so I think maybe I could manage this like that..

but another serious one now is , whenever I use the pc to like 48, 49, 50 % , nd I shut down the pc; then after few hours - 2 or 3 hrs.. I on it back and the ba3 is drained- was at 0%. Same thing happened yest..

I hope this is explanatory enough sire, the pc is hp g62 nd I jxt got it from a seller few days ago.
bigt2 , vitalysta , samelog616
conclusion:
your battery is damaged and you need to replace it
possible causes:
1..incompatible charger.as i have advised many times,,"just 'cause it works doesnt mean its right"..a charger may be identical but may not be the same rating..dont be fooled by the shape,size,make(hp-hp,dell-dell) and the output voltage(18.5 v...its the ampere that really matters)..it just has to be the exact recommended charger ie 18.5v,3.5a is not the same as 18.5v,,4.5a or 19v,3.5a(see my previous posts of my illustration using 3men of the same age but different power) and how it affects the health of your battery..
2...fake battery..if you look around,u'd find plenty substandard products called "china products"...and the only reason we patronize them cause they are affordable...original hp batteries cost from $55-100 while a charger cost $30-50 so tell me how do they cost 5000naira here...but we psych ourselves they would still last a while and we can easily replace them..even "follow comes" nowadays are mixed with "chinas" just to make a sale..if ur lucky to find a God fearing Tech or seller to sell u one then its fine else u just buy the "chinko" battery or charger and read the manual carefully grin grin grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:48am On Mar 30, 2016
elpiro:
good day all,
my PC(hp8440p) has issues:
It takes time to boot/load after a system format.
After loading(about 20mins), it doesn't show any content of the HDD.
how can I fix this issue and can I recover the contents of the HDD
your hard drive "may" be corrupt from the following causes:
1...some of system files may have been deleted,corrupt or missing
2..it may be weak therefore making the seek/write time to take longer..
3..it may have generated bad sectors ie data cant be read from certain sectors
4..another case of a chinko harddrive
as for your "contents not showin":
that is an obvious case of a corrupt partition table or mbr....
you can call me for your hard drive regeneration/data recovery as long as its not physivcally damaged......
pls desist from any "wannabe" tech that tell u they want to open the harddrive...hard drives shd only be open in an "air tight environment" which can only be provided by the manufacturer..in other words,the moment u open it,its spoilt
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 3:01am On Mar 30, 2016
Kfed4ril:

Bro evening, pls I installed windows 10 on my system and installed some necessary drivers, and since then my system doesn't shutdown. Pls help tnk u
welcome to windows 10...i had that problem when i first started using windows 10....here is the video tutorial i used then....
enjoy and share
oops"it dint allow me attach oo..here is the link "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDWtGC5VbEM"( moderators,pls dont let ur auto-ban robot ban me for sharing the link....na only help i wan help am
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 3:07am On Mar 30, 2016
sameolg616:

welcome to windows 10...i had that problem when i first started using windows 10....here is the video tutorial i used then....
enjoy and share
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDWtGC5VbEM"( moderators,pls dont let ur auto-ban robot ban me for sharing the link....na only help i wan help am
en en...im impressed o....i could see the video embedded into the post....now i can post snapchat videos of myself doing selfies and posing as the bad guy u all hate to love grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lordseyad(m): 7:30am On Mar 30, 2016
sameolg616:

conclusion:
your battery is damaged and you need to replace it
possible causes:
1..incompatible charger.as i have advised many times,,"just 'cause it works doesnt mean its right"..a charger may be identical but may not be the same rating..dont be fooled by the shape,size,make(hp-hp,dell-dell) and the output voltage(18.5 v...its the ampere that really matters)..it just has to be the exact recommended charger ie 18.5v,3.5a is not the same as 18.5v,,4.5a or 19v,3.5a(see my previous posts of my illustration using 3men of the same age but different power) and how it affects the health of your battery..
2...fake battery..if you look around,u'd find plenty substandard products called "china products"...and the only reason we patronize them cause they are affordable...original hp batteries cost from $55-100 while a charger cost $30-50 so tell me how do they cost 5000naira here...but we psych ourselves they would still last a while and we can easily replace them..even "follow comes" nowadays are mixed with "chinas" just to make a sale..if ur lucky to find a God fearing Tech or seller to sell u one then its fine else u just buy the "chinko" battery or charger and read the manual carefully grin grin grin
Thanks sire.. I actually gave the man the pc back yest to check.. so if He didnt change the battery or the charger, then I shouldn't collect it from him..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 7:44am On Mar 30, 2016
Kfed4ril:

What is the model of that system?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OjoMadiba: 9:03am On Mar 30, 2016
Hello everyone, anytime am charging my laptop, the mouse pad will move on it's own,if I unplug it, it stops,this started recently, anyone with a solution to this? I use a hp envy x360 laptop windows 10 thank you brethren.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kfed4ril(m): 9:14am On Mar 30, 2016
sameolg616:

enjoy and share

Tnk u brother
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kfed4ril(m): 11:04am On Mar 30, 2016
horllamy:

What is the model of that system?
Hp probook 4530s
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Harry4cas(m): 1:35pm On Mar 30, 2016
shawlxAk:
Make sure it is plugged in. I mean the earphones. Post a screenshot of your playback devices.

That's it there.... even after I've plugged in the earpiece, the headset option is still not available.

Someone mentioned that I should download a new audio driver from Hp site but I don't really know how to go about it.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 2:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
Kfed4ril:
Hp probook 4530s
Add me on whatsapp let chat 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 2:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
Try uninstalling the drivers -- Open Control Panel and click Device Manager. Locate the audio driver under Sound, Video and Game controllers > right-click it and choose uninstall.

Reboot your computer, plug the earphones in and see if it shows up under playback devices.

If that doesn't work, then you can try updating the drivers. Simply go to the downloads or support section of the official HP website.

Harry4cas:

That's it there.... even after I've plugged in the earpiece, the headset option is still not available.

Someone mentioned that I should download a new audio driver from Hp site but I don't really know how to go about it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
OjoMadiba:
Hello everyone, anytime am charging my laptop, the mouse pad will move on it's own,if I unplug it, it stops,this started recently, anyone with a solution to this? I use a hp envy x360 laptop windows 10 thank you brethren.
charger problem....you aint using the recommended charger rating
check under the laptop to know the power rating(output) voltage and the ampere then compare it to the charger rating..
in some very rare cases,a reformat works but im very sure its the charger
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 4:37pm On Mar 30, 2016
OjoMadiba:

The charger is not compatible for the system....you have to find compatible charger...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Getikebusy(m): 5:45pm On Mar 30, 2016
I have a very simple issue with my phone. I swapped one memory card between two phones and it suddenly became blind but the files in it are still registered. I don't know if I can restore it quickly on my phone using xplore or others
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fromnigeria(m): 12:19am On Mar 31, 2016
Seems 'Simple Server' is no longer working, or the problem is from my end.
I need help, friends!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bespiel: 6:05am On Mar 31, 2016
Hi guys, My Macbook Pro has refused to turn on. I have tried reviving it but to no avail. Can I get any help from here? Maybe anyone here knows any Apple expert repairer in Lagos. A contact would be appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lahify(m): 8:01am On Mar 31, 2016
good morning nairalanders . my WiFi and bluetooth is not working.
name; dell Model; inspiron 3520 Windows; windows 8Processor; Intel(R) pentium(R) CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz Ram: 4.00gb System type; 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OjoMadiba: 8:51am On Mar 31, 2016
horllamy:

The charger is not compatible for the system....you have to find compatible charger...
but sir, I have been using this charger for close to two years now.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:46am On Mar 31, 2016
OjoMadiba:
but sir, I have been using this charger for close to two years now.
atimes when you use some components especially ones with capacitors over time on electricity(gen/nepa)-low or high current tend to make them wear out gradually till they finally die..we are even fond of always leaving them in the socket even after charging....
here are 2simple tests u can conduct to be sure of the problem:
1.create another user profile-if you dont want to format your system just yet then you can goto control panel,user account and create a new administrator profile
-restart the system
-login using the new profile then observe if problem persists
this test eliminates the need for a another charger..all you simply have todo is just reformat or refressh your system
2..find another charger to test the system with the exact power ratings recommended for the system..if the problem stops then u can conclude on getting a new charger..
besides,you pple never provide all the details needed in assessing the problem correctly...snap and send the power rating on the charger and under the laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:11am On Mar 31, 2016
lahify:
good morning nairalanders . my WiFi and bluetooth is not working.
name; dell Model; inspiron 3520 Windows; windows 8Processor; Intel(R) pentium(R) CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz Ram: 4.00gb System type; 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
in some laptops,a single switch or combination of keys(fn+f2) would turn both the wifi and the bluetooth on..
if that fails then your wireless/bluetooth driver is not installed or missing..
goto control panel,device drivers and check if there is a yellow mark on any of the drivers(do a snapshot and post here so we can assess it)
warning!its possible you wont find any yellow warning indicators on any of the drivers.....what that means is that the drivers have been installed properly but not the recommended drivers for that particular model...a similar example is cited when u install windows7-10 freshly on a system,it appears like everything has been installed properly using the embedded drivers in the installation when in truth you have to manually installed the right drivers later
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hernandex07(m): 11:41am On Mar 31, 2016
Please,my follow nairalanders,I downloaded pes2015 on laptop,am finding difficult to play it with dual shock pad..can any one help me out

(1) (2) (3) ... (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.