Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,867 members, 7,806,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (877) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262158 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 12:39pm On Jan 30, 2018
harriet412:
Hello,

I just got a new system 2 weeks ago, windows 7 installed. Its been working perfectly well up until this morning, I switched it on, it came up, kept my password but the screen is blank with the arrow key blinking ... I switched it off and on , same thing..

Biko, what's wrong with my pc engineers in the house..
sotall, udemzyudex
a screen shot of your screen will better explain things
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 12:48pm On Jan 30, 2018
harriet412:
Hello,

I just got a new system 2 weeks ago, windows 7 installed. Its been working perfectly well up until this morning, I switched it on, it came up, kept my password but the screen is blank with the arrow key blinking ... I switched it off and on , same thing..

Biko, what's wrong with my pc engineers in the house..
sotall, udemzyudex

First of all restore default settings

If it is HP, shutdown the laptop, then switch it on, immediately keep pressing key f10 on your keyboard.

It will take you to bios setup, then click on f9 to restore default settings and then f10 to save settings.

It will restart, check to see if problem have been resolved.

If no then you need to do a system restore.

Restart the system, immediately it boot on, keep pressing f8, select save mode.

Click on start, all programmes, accessories, system tool
Then click on system restore. Click on next, list of restore point will display, select the one with date and time the laptop was working well.
Click next, then finish.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:25pm On Jan 30, 2018
ummuruqayya1:
yes

Still facing the issue?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tuscani: 4:13pm On Jan 30, 2018
Please I need your help
Hello experts in the house, please I recently purchase a laptop just about 6weeks. It was really working nice, till about 3weeks ago when it became really slow, I sincerely do not know how to rectify this. This slowness is just the only problem.please what do I do about this.
Make : Asus, 500gig, quad core, 2.3gigahertz please help me because I am using this laptop for studies. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Raphael007(m): 4:46pm On Jan 30, 2018
Please gurus in the house I have an acer chrome book I just got I want to set up a private VPN on it I have an account I already use on my phone HMA can someone one help me set up the VPN plz
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by harriet412(f): 5:21pm On Jan 30, 2018
udemzyudex:

First of all restore default settings

If it is HP, shutdown the laptop, then switch it on, immediately keep pressing key f10 on your keyboard.

It will take you to bios setup, then click on f9 to restore default settings and then f10 to save settings.

It will restart, check to see if problem have been resolved.

If no then you need to do a system restore.

Restart the system, immediately it boot on, keep pressing f8, select save mode.

Click on start, all programmes, accessories, system tool
Then click on system restore. Click on next, list of restore point will display, select the one with date and time the laptop was working well.
Click next, then finish.

But I'll lose my files
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2018
harriet412:

But I'll lose my files

No, you won't.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by harriet412(f): 8:08pm On Jan 30, 2018
udemzyudex:

No, you won't.

Hehehe thanks, its up and running

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ummuruqayya1: 10:22pm On Jan 30, 2018
yes am still facing the same issue
udemzyudex:

Still facing the issue?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:35am On Jan 31, 2018
harriet412:

Hehehe thanks, its up and running

You're welcome.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by philipogunti: 8:44pm On Jan 31, 2018
I have an HP pavilion dm3 battery issue. Pls how can I get a new one and how much is it? Response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oyewilliams(m): 8:28am On Feb 01, 2018
My laptop screen flashes different colours (green, blue, red) whenever the screen is tilted....whats the issue guys?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:35am On Feb 01, 2018
oyewilliams:
My laptop screen flashes different colours (green, blue, red) whenever the screen is tilted....whats the issue guys?

Screen is bad, you can manage it or change it before it get worst.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Freeopod(m): 11:04am On Feb 01, 2018
My Hp 110 mini has a faulty motherboard... I need someone who can help me get it replaced at a very cheap cost... Quote me!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
Freeopod:
My Hp 110 mini has a faulty motherboard... I need someone who can help me get it replaced at a very cheap cost... Quote me!
call or WhatsApp me on 08164685979 if you are in lagos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samchelsea(m): 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2018
Please I need help my HP pavilion 6500 has been hanging like hell all of a sudden it was on windows 7 but since I upgraded it to windows 8 the issue started and by the way it's 2gb ram and I don't have much app on it so I don't know what the problem is. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PLATO1U(m): 7:05pm On Feb 02, 2018
Good evening all. I borrowed a mini laptop(asus) from my friend who told me not to transfer file from my phone to the laptop or frm the laptop to my phone cos it doesnt av anti-virus. My rumate use his phone to copy film from the laptop nd it off nd doesnt come up again all effort to on it prove abortive. Pls Gurus Help Me Wt What To Do To Fix It Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fweshspice(m): 1:22am On Feb 03, 2018
Hello experts in the house, please I need ur help
My laptop cq 61 is on but the screen is completely dark when turned on , the caps lock
and hard drive lights keep blinking on and on.
pls what could be the reason and solution
to this problem. thanks in advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 7:09am On Feb 03, 2018
Fweshspice:
My laptop cq 61 is on but the screen is completely dark when turned on , the caps lock

Try to change the ram den if the problem persist, Call or whatsapp for perfect solution 08139463401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fweshspice(m): 7:42am On Feb 03, 2018
horllamy:

Try to change the ram den if the problem persist, Call or whatsapp for perfect solution 08139463401
kk bro thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:50am On Feb 03, 2018
PLATO1U:
Good evening all. I borrowed a mini laptop(asus) from my friend who told me not to transfer file from my phone to the laptop or frm the laptop to my phone cos it doesnt av anti-virus. My rumate use his phone to copy film from the laptop nd it off nd doesnt come up again all effort to on it prove abortive. Pls Gurus Help Me Wt What To Do To Fix It Thanks.

Remove the battery, if you can access the ram slot at back, remove it too (though some of this Asus mini uses on board ram) not to worry if you can't access it.

Press and hold down power button for like 10-20sec to discharge the laptop.

Then you put back the ba3, connect your charger and power it on. Try that first.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:54am On Feb 03, 2018
Fweshspice:

Keep blinking, I'm suspecting a VGA failure, but try changing the ram slot.

If you're using two ram, troubleshoot with it one after the other with the two ram slot to see.

Note : remove the battery while doing this, you can also remove the hdd, to avoid damage.

If this doesn't work, then it is a VGA failure, the best option for this is to change the motherboard.

Repairing it will be a waste of time as problem will continue to surface after a while (After 1week /1 month of repair)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:55am On Feb 03, 2018
Samchelsea:
Please I need help my HP pavilion 6500 has been hanging like hell all of a sudden it was on windows 7 but since I upgraded it to windows 8 the issue started and by the way it's 2gb ram and I don't have much app on it so I don't know what the problem is. Thanks

1. You need to service the laptop

2. Increase the ram

3. Reload the operating system, might be that some wrong drivers was installed making it to hang.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fweshspice(m): 8:53am On Feb 03, 2018
udemzyudex:

Keep blinking, I'm suspecting a VGA failure, but try changing the ram slot.

If you're using two ram, troubleshoot with it one after the other with the two ram slot to see.

Note : remove the battery while doing this, you can also remove the hdd, to avoid damage.

If this doesn't work, then it is a VGA failure, the best option for this is to change the motherboard.

Repairing it will be a waste of time as problem will continue to surface after a while (After 1week /1 month of repair)
kk bro thanks alot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 03, 2018
Hey guys I just installed Ubuntu 16.04 as the single op system ( cleared window 10), now the WiFi and bluetooth are bad and also no sound is coming out of the laptop at all. I'm using HP Pavilion x360 m3 core i3 convertible. There's no Ethernet port on the laptop and I couldn't get its USB adaptor to connect to internet and perform drivers update, I'm stalk here pls help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by boss01: 5:15pm On Feb 03, 2018
please guys, my windows 8.1 is gulping my data anyhow, please I need solution urgently. someone please help me out, BIKO.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by equity2602: 7:06pm On Feb 03, 2018
Please help me guys, I just bought dell laptop, and as am charging it, it display plugged but not charging. What should I do ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:20pm On Feb 03, 2018
boss01:
please guys, my windows 8.1 is gulping my data anyhow, please I need solution urgently. someone please help me out, BIKO.

Go to control panel, Windows update and turn it off.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Solafemiwa(m): 9:23pm On Feb 03, 2018
Pls I need help concerning my laptop. I switched it on this morning and it came up with a display on its screen as " boot device not found pls install an operating system on your hard disk" I tried to poffer the little solution I know by rebooting it but all to no avail. I decided to install another operating system, from Windows 10 now to windows 7 but no remedy. I got another windows 10 DVD to do the installation but also failed to work. I shall post the screenshot of the displayed messages I got in succession.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:28pm On Feb 03, 2018
equity2602:
Please help me guys, I just bought dell laptop, and as am charging it, it display plugged but not charging. What should I do ?

Since you just bought it, I'll suggest you take it back.
Fault might be from :

1. Charger : Dell laptop do select charger, the one you're using might not be working well with it.

2. Ba3 : The ba3 might be bad

3 : fault might be from motherboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2018
Solafemiwa:
Pls I need help concerning my laptop. I switched it on this morning and it came up with a display on its screen as " boot device not found pls install an operating system on your hard disk" I tried to poffer the little solution I know by rebooting it but all to no avail. I decided to install another operating system, from Windows 10 now to windows 7 but no remedy. I got another windows 10 DVD to do the installation but also failed to work. I shall post the screenshot of the displayed messages I got in succession.

If you're on WhatsApp, contact me with the number on my signature.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 03, 2018
My HP probook 4430s cursor is hanging at the point of booting and preventing me from typing my password. Pls help

(1) (2) (3) ... (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.