Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,374 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (933) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262820 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:02am On Aug 03, 2018
[quote author=AlhajiWale post=69938351][/quote]

It's not displaying and he said it's the VGA and he needs to drive it? How do you drive something that is not displaying?

Anyway, you can go ahead and give it to him, since he said it's the VGA, unless he wants to heat the VGA and BTW what's the model of your laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AlhajiWale: 6:44am On Aug 03, 2018
udemzyudex:

Anyway, you can go ahead and give it to him, since he said it's the VGA, unless he wants to heat the VGA and BTW what's the model of your laptop?

Hp Pavilion
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:24am On Aug 03, 2018
AlhajiWale:

Hp Pavilion

Pavilion?

Anyway just let him handle it, I believe he will resolve the issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PCAID: 7:44am On Aug 03, 2018
greatestboss:

Okay.. Thanks boss.. Please can you give me any good engineer's contact you know abt?.. Either around UI, Ibadan or Ikeja, Lagos..
Contact PC-AID [Ibadan] call/whatsapp 07064520124
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ManirBK: 10:21am On Aug 03, 2018
Dlee1:

I prefer 8760w instead of 8560w. 17inches preferable...
pls that link you posted at free to air (maryamsat) pls delete it u are spoiling the show by encouraging novice and others to know all.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Explorers(m): 11:40am On Aug 03, 2018
PC not uploading pictures here.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by winzy(m): 7:04pm On Aug 03, 2018
Good day, gurus
I have a battery issue with my hp Pavilion I5
The icon shows that it's plugged in, but the battery is still flat and when power seizes it will automatically shutdown.
The charging indicator shows a white light that means a full battery... Please help me!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DorcasShalom: 3:00pm On Aug 04, 2018
Hi...
Please I notice after shutting down my laptop the power LED button will still be on. Until I remove the battery.
But it's shows me it's shut down.
I don't know what will be wrong
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 04, 2018
DorcasShalom:
Hi...
Please I notice after shutting down my laptop the power LED button will still be on. Until I remove the battery.
But it's shows me it's shut down.
I don't know what will be wrong

Take it to a laptop engineer for diagnosis.

What's the model?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by winzy(m): 11:41pm On Aug 04, 2018
winzy:
Good day, gurus
I have a battery issue with my hp Pavilion I5
The icon shows that it's plugged in, but the battery is still flat and when power seizes it will automatically shutdown.
The charging indicator shows a white light that means a full battery... Please help me!

Please na
Help. Me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:01am On Aug 05, 2018
winzy:

Please na
Help. Me

Hello winzy.

I'd like you to first, stop using your laptop this way! Sudden power cuts can damage your hard drive (90% chance) or corrupt the OS.

Most likely the battery is gone. The White light is a general indication that a charger has been plugged in.

However, the only way to be sure is trying another battery on it. If the issue persists, then the problem is from the MOBO.

So, let's be sure.

I have a couple Pavilion 15 batteries you can lay your hands in and try them on your PC. Alternatively, you can try out in a shop that sells laptop batteries.

*Cheers.*

I'm on WhatsApp: 08128714767
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by winzy(m): 8:36am On Aug 05, 2018
Razak5:

Hello winzy.

I'd like you to first, stop using your laptop this way! Sudden power cuts can damage your hard drive (90% chance) or corrupt the OS.

Most likely the battery is gone. The White light is a general indication that a charger has been plugged in.

However, the only way to be sure is trying another battery on it. If the issue persists, then the problem is from the MOBO.

So, let's be sure.

I have a couple Pavilion 15 batteries you can lay your hands in and try them on your PC. Alternatively, you can try out in a shop that sells laptop batteries.

*Cheers.*

I'm on WhatsApp: 08128714767

OK thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stephinnoyewole(m): 11:10am On Aug 05, 2018
Mrng guys and happy Sunday to y'all.
I am urgently in need of help from u guys, my system runs into VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR everytime I;
1. connect a charger or disconnect a charger
2. connect or disconnect hdmi cable
only noticeable one for now

i jst got a new ba3 tho, bcoz of this, i was forced to return it, but to my surprise, i am now experiencing dis same problem while im using the already damaged ba3.
This is getting more frustrating guys, kindly help on how to get this fix
specs
Sony laptop
Wondows 10 N Pro 1803 builds

Thanks in addy
Kindly pardon my grammar
07039318606 via whatsapp

thanks once more
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 12:06pm On Aug 05, 2018
stephinnoyewole:
Mrng guys and happy Sunday to y'all.
I am urgently in need of help from u guys, my system runs into VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR everytime I;
1. connect a charger or disconnect a charger
2. connect or disconnect hdmi cable
only noticeable one for now

i jst got a new ba3 tho, bcoz of this, i was forced to return it, but to my surprise, i am now experiencing dis same problem while im using the already damaged ba3.
This is getting more frustrating guys, kindly help on how to get this fix
specs
Sony laptop
Wondows 10 N Pro 1803 builds

Thanks in addy
Kindly pardon my grammar
07039318606 via whatsapp

thanks once more

Did you recently update or install a new driver?

Anyway just do any of this.

1. Do a system restore to the previous date it was working fine.

2. Reinstall the operating system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skywalker495(m): 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2018
I woke up to find my laptop screen like this... what could be the problem?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:13am On Aug 06, 2018
skywalker495:
I woke up to find my laptop screen like this...
what could be the problem?

Hello.
This could either be screen gone bad or a signal cable issue.

See a tech for a fix (replacement actually)

*Cheers*

I'm here: 09082687404
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skywalker495(m): 12:55am On Aug 06, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.
This could either be screen gone bad or a signal cable issue.

See a tech for a fix (replacement actually)

*Cheers*

I'm here: 09082687404

How much will it cost to fix, in either scenario?
Laptop's a Dell vostro 2521 model
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:32am On Aug 06, 2018
skywalker495:

How much will it cost to fix, in either scenario?
Laptop's a Dell vostro 2521 model

There are two series of 2125.

The first one is looking a bit bulky and uses a regular led display. Cost to fix is 17k

The second one is looking kinda slimmer and uses a slim diaplay (AKA Paper screen). Cost to fix is 18k

Although, those quotes are for brand new screens. You save a few thousand bucks if you opt for used. And if you're able to fix your self? Voila!! Extra savings again.

*Cheers*

Signal cables aren't expensive. From 5k up.
Need to know what yours look like.

let's talk
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kings1930(m): 7:14pm On Aug 06, 2018
Please help.. since i upgrade my laptop to window 10 it refuse to detect any wifi network
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:47pm On Aug 06, 2018
Kings1930:
Please help.. since i upgrade my laptop to window 10 it refuse to detect any wifi network

Hello.
Install the wireless device driver.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kings1930(m): 8:01pm On Aug 06, 2018
Razak5:

Hello. Install the wireless device driver.
*Cheers*
please how can i do that?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:01pm On Aug 06, 2018
Kings1930:
please how can i do that?

well, First if you don't have the driver in the form of a file stored in a flash drive or disk you'll need the internet.

Second, since you don't have the Wi-Fi to access the internet via wireless hotspot, you'll need a modem.

If you don't have a modem, you'll need to use the USB tethering feature of your android phone.

OK, so now that you're connected to the internet, update the wireless drivers of your laptop using any of the 2 methods below.

Method 1
On the desktop,right click on my computer , this takes you to the system properties. In the system properties window, click on the device manager in the list of options to the left of the window (located towards the top left corner)

Once in device manager, right click on the network adapter ,in the drop down, right click on the network controller > "automatically search for drivers". Your W-Fi driver(s) will be automatically installed.

[b]Method 2

Visit the manufacturers site of your laptop. If you use hp, that's hp.com.
Once on the website, you should look for their "drivers and support" pages wherein you'll be asked to provide your laptop model name or Serial number. After you must have clicked OK, a list of all the drivers for you device will be rolled out- you are looking for the wireless drivers. once spotted, download and install.

hope this helps.

*Cheers*

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 06, 2018
pls what the cost of screen replacement for hp15 intel pentium
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by macskillzy(m): 3:22am On Aug 07, 2018
I have a compaq cq58 it was loaded originally with windows 8.0 but I changed my hard drive and decided to loaded it with windows 10 ever since then it has been lagging it has been working slowly and I can’t even watch video or play music without experience a break in between
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:30am On Aug 07, 2018
Damgud:
pls what the cost of screen replacement for hp15 intel pentium

Budget #15-#18k

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kings1930(m): 9:10am On Aug 07, 2018
Razak5:

well, First if you don't have the driver in the form of a file stored in a flash drive or disk you'll need the internet.

Second, since you don't have the Wi-Fi to access the internet via wireless hotspot, you'll need a modem.

If you don't have a modem, you'll need to use the USB tethering feature of your android phone.

OK, so now that you're connected to the internet, update the wireless drivers of your laptop using any of the 2 methods below.

Method 1
On the desktop,right click on my computer , this takes you to the system properties. In the system properties window, click on the device manager in the list of options to the left of the window (located towards the top left corner)

Once in device manager, right click on the network adapter ,in the drop down, right click on the network controller > "automatically search for drivers". Your W-Fi driver(s) will be automatically installed.

[b]Method 2

Visit the manufacturers site of your laptop. If you use hp, that's hp.com.
Once on the website, you should look for their "drivers and support" pages wherein you'll be asked to provide your laptop model name or Serial number. After you must have clicked OK, a list of all the drivers for you device will be rolled out- you are looking for the wireless drivers. once spotted, download and install.

hope this helps.

*Cheers*
Thanks i will do jus that
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AmazingAngel(f): 1:46pm On Aug 07, 2018
Good afternoon everyone

Please I would appreciate your help on the issue with my laptop. I noticed that it was rebooting at random while I was using it sometime late last month but it became worst this month, if I want to start the laptop, it keeps restarting itself, like the light would come up for 1 sec and keep restarting like that.

It boots up sometimes and I will be able to use it for a while but it will start restarting later on. I did the memory and hard drive test in the BIOS and it passed both tests. My laptop is Hp g1 840 and it's running on Windows 10.

Your help will really be appreciate in solving the problem.

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by morzook(m): 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2018
who can help me with the files to update to Mac OS Sierra? Downloading from app store has been frustrating
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mosesoly(m): 7:33pm On Aug 07, 2018
AmazingAngel:
Good afternoon everyone

Please I would appreciate your help on the issue with my laptop. I noticed that it was rebooting at random while I was using it sometime late last month but it became worst this month, if I want to start the laptop, it keeps restarting itself, like the light would come up for 1 sec and keep restarting like that.

It boots up sometimes and I will be able to use it for a while but it will start restarting later on. I did the memory and hard drive test in the BIOS and it passed both tests. My laptop is Hp g1 840 and it's running on Windows 10.

Thanks.

Take it to an engr, most likely the cmos battery is bad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 7:42pm On Aug 07, 2018
AmazingAngel:
Good afternoon everyone

Thanks.

I will advice you to take it to nearest engineer or if you’re in Lagos: 08139462401

(1) (2) (3) ... (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.