Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,096 members, 7,807,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (937) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262481 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:34am On Aug 17, 2018
promisedwealth:
omatek '15.4'

This screen is not expensive just budget between #5-8k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rowland545(m): 11:44am On Aug 17, 2018
pls my PC is not accepting USB cord...I can no longer transfer file with a USB cord from my phone to my PC...even after changing it to transfer file in d USB setting in phone...pls help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2018
Go to device manager on your PC and check if your USB driver needs help
rowland545:
pls my PC is not accepting USB cord...I can no longer transfer file with a USB cord from my phone to my PC...even after changing it to transfer file in d USB setting in phone...pls help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
rowland545:

I believe it was working before since you say you can no longer, first of all what's the model of your laptop?

Have you use another USB cable to check? Not just anyhow cable but the ones they sell for like #500 above? Those ones are good for transferring data.

Again, what's the model of your laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Alongeous(m): 12:43pm On Aug 17, 2018
Good afternoon to everyone here. My laptop has the following problems; a faulty cooling fan, a dead battery, some of the keyboard buttons aren't working again, and a seriously flickering screen. The Engineer I took it to said I will need to change the screen. The HDD is still good. I also have the followed come power pack (charger) still working optimally. I'm considering selling the laptop since the cost of bringing it back to a usable one will be much. Please, how much do you think is the best price I can sell it? The laptop model is HP 630. I look forward to seeing your replies. Thanks .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dazmillion: 1:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
Please I need power pack for my desktop 450 -650 watts is okay. I am in lekki phase 1 and I want delivered here.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2018
Alongeous:
Good afternoon to everyone here. My laptop has the following problems; a faulty cooling fan, a dead battery, some of the keyboard buttons aren't working again, and a seriously flickering screen. The Engineer I took it to said I will need to change the screen. The HDD is still good. I also have the followed come power pack (charger) still working optimally. I'm considering selling the laptop since the cost of bringing it back to a usable one will be much. Please, how much do you think is the best price I can sell it? The laptop model is HP 630. I look forward to seeing your replies. Thanks .

The only thing you have there is just the motherboard and carcass that's if it's still OK (neat), the hdd and ram ( depending on the size)

From an engineer point of view ( let's assume the hdd is 320gb and ram 2gb) the highest it can go for is #23k.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 1:40pm On Aug 17, 2018
udemzyudex:

The only thing you have there is just the motherboard and carcass that's if it's still OK (neat), the hdd and ram ( depending on the size)

From an engineer point of view ( let's assume the hdd is 320gb and ram 2gb) the highest it can go for is #23k.

hahaha... who will buy that for this price? best person to sell to will be an engineer and i doubt if any will buy for that price
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 1:44pm On Aug 17, 2018
dazmillion:
Please I need power pack for my desktop 450 -650 watts is okay. I am in lekki phase 1 and I want delivered here.
What kind of desktop? can you send pics of previous power pack? I have some here
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:56pm On Aug 17, 2018
polimaf:
hahaha... who will buy that for this price? best person to sell to will be an engineer and i doubt if any will buy for that price

It depends some will buy it for that price which I think will be the best price depending on the specifications of the laptop.

A core i3 motherboard,320gb hdd the carcass if it is still neat.
This was what I put into consideration.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 2:00pm On Aug 17, 2018
udemzyudex:

It depends some will buy it for that price which I think will be the best price depending on the specifications of the laptop.

A core i3 motherboard,320gb hdd the carcass if it is still neat.
This was what I put into consideration.
Oh okay. Thats if he also understands what he got...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2018
polimaf:
Oh okay. Thats if he also understands what he got...

Yeah, I'm talking from an engineer point of view, for example if I buy it, I won't repair it, I'll sell it part by part.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rowland545(m): 7:15pm On Aug 17, 2018
udemzyudex:

I believe it was working before since you say you can no longer, first of all what's the model of your laptop?

Have you use another USB cable to check? Not just anyhow cable but the ones they sell for like #500 above? Those ones are good for transferring data.

Again, what's the model of your laptop?
HP 15 notebook pc...it use to work then all of a sudden it stopped and am using a good cord DAT works with my friends Pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rowland545(m): 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2018
polimaf:
Go to device manager on your PC and check if your USB driver needs help
I just checked dey all seem to b working properly
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 17, 2018
hello....please I have an HP pavilion g6 ..about a year ago my little niece poured water inside the keyboard ...and till date I can't type with it like if u push A key it might give something like k or z ...I tried formating it buh it reduced the ram and its making it rilli slow on booting... I tried upgrading the software but a new problem came the new software was operating directly with the old software.. thereby increasing my hard disk space
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Alongeous(m): 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
udemzyudex:

Thanks sir , I appreciate your input. Your assumptions on the HDD and RAM are perfect. The Engineer I gave it to said he has already given it out for sale ( without my consent o) and that the amount is #10k. Can you imagine? The motherboard is OK , HDD and ram are ok as well, but the casing is not that neat.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:27pm On Aug 17, 2018
Alongeous:

Thanks sir , I appreciate your input. Your assumptions on the HDD and RAM are perfect. The Engineer I gave it to said he has already given it out for sale ( without my consent o) and that the amount is #10k. Can you imagine? The motherboard is OK , HDD and ram are ok as well, but the casing is not that neat.

Is it pentium or core i?

LOL I feel the #10k is just too small Haba grin

Why did he sell it without your consent, na so SARS dey take carry person, chop small money use am pay over #250k for bailing.

Anyway for him to sell it, seems he knows you very well but even at that he shouldn't have sell without your consent.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
rowland545:
I just checked dey all seem to b working properly
Does it charge your phone?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2018
dannyboii1:
hello....please I have an HP pavilion g6 ..about a year ago my little niece poured water inside the keyboard ...and till date I can't type with it like if u push A key it might give something like k or z ...I tried formating it buh it reduced the ram and its making it rilli slow on booting... I tried upgrading the software but a new problem came the new software was operating directly with the old software.. thereby increasing my hard disk space
Walahi, I am not understanding this matter... Pls pros come to his aid
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
rowland545:
HP 15 notebook pc...it use to work then all of a sudden it stopped and am using a good cord DAT works with my friends Pc

Does it charge the phone?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:50pm On Aug 17, 2018
dannyboii1:

For the software part, you have two bootable operating system running that's not an issue you can reinstall the operating system again.

If your niece poured water and its not typing well, you should have known that the keyboard is faulty instead of going through the process of formatting your laptop.

Ordinary dust dey spoil keyboard talk less of water.

The best thing to do now is replace the keyboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Alongeous(m): 8:51pm On Aug 17, 2018
udemzyudex:

Is it pentium or core i?

LOL I feel the #10k is just too small Haba grin

Why did he sell it without your consent, na so SARS dey take carry person, chop small money use am pay over #250k for bailing.

Anyway for him to sell it, seems he knows you very well but even at that he shouldn't have sell without your consent.
Intel core 2 duo. Nah myself I just dey blame since morning when I got the news of the sale. I knew the Engineer through a very good and long time friend. He has been the one giving me update, as he stays in the same place with the Engineer. I thought of going to computer village to sell it, but felt going through an Engineer would give me a better deal. I told my friend to tell him the #10k is too small. I know say I don Bleep up with how I handled everything. My sister sold her mini laptop that won't boot to home screen, with dead battery , corrupt hdd and no power pack for #8k just yesterday o.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 8:54pm On Aug 17, 2018
Alongeous:

Intel core 2 duo. Nah myself I just dey blame since morning when I got the news of the sale. I knew the Engineer through a very good and long time friend. He has been the one giving me update, as he stays in the same place with the Engineer. I thought of going to computer village to sell it, but felt going through an Engineer would give me a better deal.
That's a fair price, computer village boys won't buy it more than 5k... Talking from experience
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2018
Alongeous:

Intel core 2 duo. Nah myself I just dey blame since morning when I got the news of the sale. I knew the Engineer through a very good and long time friend. He has been the one giving me update, as he stays in the same place with the Engineer. I thought of going to computer village to sell it, but felt going through an Engineer would give me a better deal.

OK then, if it's okay by you no wahala.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Alongeous(m): 9:00pm On Aug 17, 2018
polimaf:
That's a fair price, computer village boys won't buy it more than 5k... Talking from experience
Baba e be like say nah Comp. village you self dey work, but check my updated post. Thanks for your inputs. I appreciate them all.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rowland545(m): 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2018
udemzyudex:

Does it charge the phone?

yes it only charges d phone and when u change it to transfer file in d USB of d phone ...it doesn't work ..pls I need help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2018
polimaf:

LOL.. Not true

#15k would have been a fair price to.

It's intel and not AMD since the motherboard have Intel and AMD version.

He will definitely sell the motherboard for at least #17k, that's for sure. And the 320gb is #7k that's the least price.

The 2gb ram can go for #1500

The carcass is still there, the hinges of the carcass is still there which can go for #1500 each.

If the carcass is not broken there are some people that will buy it and then spray it carcass can go for #8k complete (but let just remove the carcass part out of it)

All this are computer village price and I believe as an engineer that works outside the market his price might be a little bit higher.

So?

I know say if you buy to resell you suppose make gain, sure but I believe #15k will be fair enough sha. lipsrsealed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rowland545(m): 9:05pm On Aug 17, 2018
polimaf:
Does it charge your phone?
yes it does
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Alongeous(m): 9:06pm On Aug 17, 2018
udemzyudex:

OK then, if it's okay by you no wahala.
Sir, e no dey okay by me o, but I can only hope he add extra bar on top the money. There is little I can do as nah home the thing dey and I no wan allow the matter come strain the relationship I have built with my friend over these years. Thanks for your input sir. I appreciate them all.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2018
rowland545:
yes it only charges d phone and when u change it to transfer file in d USB of d phone ...it doesn't work ..pls I need help

My advice

1. Try another cord first forget the fact that it is working on your friend pc.

2. If it doesn't work, then uninstall the driver and install it again.

3. Same issue? Then there is a possibility that the transmitting and receiving point of the USB port is short, see an engineer.

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Alongeous(m): 9:18pm On Aug 17, 2018
udemzyudex:

LOL.. Not true

#15k would have been a fair price to.

It's intel and not AMD since the motherboard have Intel and AMD version.

He will definitely sell the motherboard for at least #17k, that's for sure. And the 320gb is #7k that's the least price.

The 2gb ram can go for #1500

The carcass is still there, the hinges of the carcass is still there which can go for #1500 each.

If the carcass is not broken there are some people that will buy it and then spray it carcass can go for #8k complete (but let just remove the carcass part out of it)

All this are computer village price and I believe as an engineer that works outside the market his price might be a little bit higher.

So?

I know say if you buy to resell you suppose make gain, sure but I believe #15k will be fair enough sha. lipsrsealed
the follow come power pack self join o
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:20pm On Aug 17, 2018
Alongeous:

the follow come power pack self join o

LOL.. Just follow am talk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.