Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,945 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:01 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (938) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1249861 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) ... (1221) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 9:20pm On Aug 17, 2018
You understand the game reason you know it can be sold this way.

I work in ikotun and most people that sell their laptops sell as scrap, most times we buy core series laptops with good functionalities at ridiculous prices, lols...

Most people sell their laptop not even knowing the HDD, RAM and screen can be sold separately.

When me sef dey learn, I sold a laptop with a bad screen, having 500gb HDD, 4 GB ram for just 5k.. Lols

udemzyudex:

LOL.. Not true

#15k would have been a fair price to.

It's intel and not AMD since the motherboard have Intel and AMD version.

He will definitely sell the motherboard for at least #17k, that's for sure. And the 320gb is #7k that's the least price.

The 2gb ram can go for #1500

The carcass is still there, the hinges of the carcass is still there which can go for #1500 each.

If the carcass is not broken there are some people that will buy it and then spray it carcass can go for #8k complete (but let just remove the carcass part out of it)

All this are computer village price and I believe as an engineer that works outside the market his price might be a little bit higher.

So?

I know say if you buy to resell you suppose make gain, sure but I believe #15k will be fair enough sha. lipsrsealed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 9:23pm On Aug 17, 2018
Alongeous:

the follow come power pack self join o
What? The engineer no try at all... He gotta do something
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:25pm On Aug 17, 2018
polimaf:
You understand the game reason you know it can be sold this way.

I work in ikotun and most people that sell their laptops sell as scrap, most times we buy core series laptops with good functionalities at ridiculous prices, lols...

Most people sell their laptop not even knowing the HDD, RAM and screen can be sold separately.

When me sef dey learn, I sold a laptop with a bad screen, having 500gb HDD, 4 GB ram for just 5k.. Lols

I don't usually blame them, that's the best way they can sell.

As an engineer, many people will come to buy even fellow engineers will ask for part but nobody will come to them to buy part by part.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2018
udemzyudex:

I don't usually blame them, that's the best way they can sell.

As an engineer, many people will come to buy even fellow engineers will ask for part but nobody will come to them to buy part by part.
Absolutely...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Alongeous(m): 9:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
polimaf:
What? The engineer no try at all... He gotta do something
People dey ginja me make I tell the guy say I no dey sell again make the guy return the laptop. I just told them no, let us take everything with great level of decorum and patience. My friend likes the guy well well and sees him as an accountable person. I just dey yinmu, which kind artisan dey accountable, that means he no wan chop be that. But in all fairness I should be able to get between #15- 20k for it. He even said he sold it to those that buys such things, and I should wait till month end for the money. Baba don use my laptop proceed pay him children school fees. Too bad we live in a world with an unhealthy greed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
udemzyudex:

For the software part, you have two bootable operating system running that's not an issue you can reinstall the operating system again.

If your niece poured water and its not typing well, you should have known that the keyboard is faulty instead of going through the process of formatting your laptop.

Ordinary dust dey spoil keyboard talk less of water.

The best thing to do now is replace the keyboard.

please how much can I get a new keyboard... its HP pavilion g6
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rowland545(m): 11:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
udemzyudex:

My advice

1. Try another cord first forget the fact that it is working on your friend pc.

2. If it doesn't work, then uninstall the driver and install it again.

3. Same issue? Then there is a possibility that the transmitting and receiving point of the USB port is short, see an engineer.
thanks alot uve bin helpful I will do all u said I appreciate
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 3:21am On Aug 18, 2018
Alongeous:

People dey ginja me make I tell the guy say I no dey sell again make the guy return the laptop. I just told them no, let us take everything with great level of decorum and patience. My friend likes the guy well well and sees him as an accountable person. I just dey yinmu, which kind artisan dey accountable, that means he no wan chop be that. But in all fairness I should be able to get between #15- 20k for it. He even said he sold it to those that buys such things, and I should wait till month end for the money. Baba don use my laptop proceed pay him children school fees. Too bad we live in a world with an unhealthy greed.
Till month end again? Lols... Some guys sha
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:34am On Aug 18, 2018
rowland545:
pls my PC is not accepting USB cord...I can no longer transfer file with a USB cord from my phone to my PC...even after changing it to transfer file in d USB setting in phone...pls help me

Hi.
What's the error report? Any report at the bottom right of the screen?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Youngtrice(m): 11:38am On Aug 18, 2018
Please I have a whole lot of problem with my PC.
1. First, sometimes my PC goes blank when I try to boot it. On the blank screen you can see the mouse moving but nothing else is on the screen.

2. Recently I noticed that my PC doesn't browse. It will show that it's connected to a WiFi but no application goes online, no page loads in the browser. I've tried several ways to make it work but it doesn't.

3. It's a convertible PC. Sometimes if I try to convert it to a tablet it will show a blue screen with an error telling me it's scanning for problem and it will restart. Also it makes an annoying noise when on the blue screen.

I don't know if all these is as a result of windows update. I'm using an HP Envy M6 X360 running on windows 10.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:22pm On Aug 18, 2018
Youngtrice:
1. First, sometimes my PC goes blank when I try to boot it. On the blank screen you can see the mouse moving but nothing else is on the screen.

2. Recently I noticed that my PC doesn't browse. It will show that it's connected to a WiFi but no application goes online, no page loads in the browser. I've tried several ways to make it work but it doesn't.

3. It's a convertible PC. Sometimes if I try to convert it to a tablet it will show a blue screen with an error telling me it's scanning for problem and it will restart. Also it makes an annoying noise when on the blue screen.

I don't know if all these is as a result of windows update. I'm using an HP Envy M6 X360 running on windows 10.

Do a system restore to the previous windows before update.

Always read reviews about update before updating.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mosesoly(m): 7:05pm On Aug 18, 2018
rowland545:
yes it only charges d phone and when u change it to transfer file in d USB of d phone ...it doesn't work ..pls I need help

Reinstall your operating system or reload
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rowland545(m): 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2018
Razak5:

Hi.
What's the error report? Any report at the bottom right of the screen?
no report
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:54pm On Aug 18, 2018
Youngtrice:

Hi...being a while...
Is this the same Touch screen PC you had issues with sometime ago?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lymelyte(m): 8:39pm On Aug 18, 2018
Please folks,how much is the cost of the motherboard of my HP Pavilion 15-e000sia Notebook PC?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DCONE1(m): 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2018
Pls computer guru I need your help ,please help me with internet download manager or ...abeg where can I download internet download manager...na beg I dey..biko mine is telling me to put some password and I don't know how to go about it. Please help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Alli9k(m): 7:26pm On Aug 19, 2018
plz ..I nid help.. whenever I on my system it kipz writing ##Non-system disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready##
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Youngtrice(m): 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2018
Razak5:

Hi...being a while...
Is this the same Touch screen PC you had issues with sometime ago?
Yeah the same PC. Although the touchscreen later worked.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2018
Alli9k:
plz ..I nid help.. whenever I on my system it kipz writing ##Non-system disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready##
1. the HDD might been shifted from its original position.

2. The system need to b formatted, don't worry about your lost data, it can be recovered if recovery is done ASAP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 8:53pm On Aug 19, 2018
DCONE1:
Pls computer guru I need your help ,please help me with internet download manager or ...abeg where can I download internet download manager...na beg I dey..biko mine is telling me to put some password and I don't know how to go about it. Please help.
I have on my flash, send me email on my WhatsApp, will send you the file via email
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Alli9k(m): 12:11am On Aug 20, 2018
polimaf:
1. the HDD might been shifted from its original position.

2. The system need to b formatted, don't worry about your lost data, it can be recovered if recovery is done ASAP

thanks boss..so how do I go about dis? or should I meet an engineer?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nova15: 5:45am On Aug 20, 2018
Goody team,
Please I noticed my laptop has charging issues. It charges well until when it get to 85 to 90% , then it stops with the error msg "plugged in, not charging".

It never gets to 100% of full charged.

Please help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:33am On Aug 20, 2018
Nova15:
Goody team,
Please I noticed my laptop has charging issues. It charges well until when it get to 85 to 90% , then it stops with the error msg "plugged in, not charging".

Please help.

Use another charger if the problem persist probably ur battery may need to be replace.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 7:26am On Aug 20, 2018
Alli9k:

thanks boss..so how do I go about dis? or should I meet an engineer?
Always advisable to meet an engineer....

But if you can lose your PC and get access to your HDD, just try readjusting it...

If the problem persist, then try formatting it if you know how to do that...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 7:27am On Aug 20, 2018
Nova15:
Goody team,

Please help.
Do you get a message like consider repcing your battery? If not, try using another charger
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:50am On Aug 20, 2018
Nova15:
Goody team,

Please help.

Let me guess, you're using an Elitebook?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mosesoly(m): 1:24pm On Aug 20, 2018
Please where can i download anti virus.. I need a very strong one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:07pm On Aug 20, 2018
Mosesoly:
Please where can i download anti virus.. I need a very strong one

If you need a very strong one, go and buy grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Johnnycife(m): 3:55pm On Aug 20, 2018
Pls Help! My Compaq Laptop Won't Boot To Windows Welcome Screen It Kept Showing Compaq Screen And Trips Off, Then Goes Back. I Have Tried Everything Possible, Pls Help A Brother.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 4:02pm On Aug 20, 2018
udemzyudex:

If you need a very strong one, go and buy grin

Loll***, I dey sell o***

I've got up to 150 pieces and I'm pushing them out like crazy. Which means dirt-cheap price...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2018
Johnnycife:
Pls Help! My Compaq Laptop Won't Boot To Windows Welcome Screen It Kept Showing Compaq Screen And Trips Off, Then Goes Back. I Have Tried Everything Possible, Pls Help A Brother.
Have you tried repairing windows?

(1) (2) (3) ... (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) ... (1221) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.