Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:47 PM

Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. (396073 Views)

Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) / She Slept In The Kitchen And Won My Heart - Chukwuba Chiluba / Stole My Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (60) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 15, 2016
TiffanyJ:
Let me quickly type an update. Thank you all for your patience

pheeewww... jejely waiting
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by iomoge2(f): 6:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
TiffanyJ:

Yes, everyone is linked to everyone because this is a family series. The story is not interested in Kemi, it is interested in Maureen and Jake. It tries to make them understand what life really is about. From the previous series, we see Maureen as a spoilt girl and Jake as a loner living in exile. This story is an opportunity for us readers to see them in another persfective and then make our final judgement of their characters.

Only linda got pregnant before her marriage. Mich got married first before getting pregnant, tara didn't marry jordan because she was pregnant but because he rap ed her, and she was an innocent. By the way dear, this story isn't interested in maureen's pregnancy, it is interested in life after that.
The only thing you can be so right about knowing the end of the story is that it would end in a happily ever after way. Apart this, trust me, no one, not even you can guess the plot of this story. Its something I took my time to plan and this story dear is proof that pregnancy is not marriage.
By the way, thanks for being a critic. Its something a writer can't ever avoid

Nice.. Tagging along.
Just understanding it's a family series.

Thank u

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 7:48pm On Apr 15, 2016
CHAPTER TW0

The next evening, which was a Saturday, Denise appeared at their door, a black pants and pink shirt. He was tall, heavily built and dark, yet Maureen was bored by the mere sight of him. He was one of the most handsome in their CDS and ladies were practically asking him out but it was Maureen he loved.
"Welcome', she told him
'Corper we', he teased her
'Wa', she replied to the corpers' greeting code.
'Are you ill?', he asked her
'I'm fine but bored'
'Where is Kemi?'
'She is sleeping in the bedroom'
'Go wake her up. I am taking you both out'
'I don't think...'
'Maureen Jason, I am not gonna kidnap you out there. Get dressed let's go'
She went to the room, woke kemi up and the two ladies dressed and followed him to his saloon which he parked outside
He took them to a Cinema, where they watched the film 'Mum, Dad, meet Sam'. It was very funny but Maureen couldn't wait to get back home. After the movie, Denise took them for a late dinner at Kentucky fried chicken eatery.

Two months after the affair, Denise had taken Maureen to the beach and kemi was left at home. Maureen had tried to coaxed her into coming along but Kemi had insisted that she wouldn't want to stand in Denise way.
'You know I don't love him'
'I know but this is actually a step to mending your heart. At least, it is better than just sitting around, doing nothing but thinking of that psychic, Jake'
Maureen had gone. As the knock at the door persisted, kemi wondered who it was. Maureen would never knock at the door. she didn't bother changing her short and shirt. She walked to the door and swung it open.
A very tall dark man was standing at the door arguing with a tall, slender, beautiful lady who was so expensively dressed in a short loose fitted gown and a red heels. She looked like a model. They stopped arguing on seeing her. Kemi stared at the handsome man with a beautiful lips. He looked a bit familiar to her though.
'You are Kemi, aren't you?', the woman asked her
'May I know how you got to know my name?'
'Actually, I am Mich and this is Joel, Maureen's brother'
Kemi jaw dropped. She was shocked and speechless.
'May we come in?', Joel spoke softly
she recognized the voice. She now knew why he looked a bit familiar. He and Maureen shared resemblance.
'May we come in?', he asked again
'Of course, please do come in'
She ushered them in. Who was she to tell him no? He had paid the rent to the flat. She watched him fill the room with his presence. He sat on the three sitter and his wife next to him. Kemi ran to the kitchen and brought them a bottle of soft drink and water.
'Where is Maureen?', he asked quietly
'She went out'
'Is that why she isn't picking my call? Look at the time, its almost 8pm'
'Come on Joel, you talk as if Maureen is a kid', Mich bloated out
'Okay', he said to her and then draw her to him. She snuggled willingly into his arms
''Sweetheart, I told you, we should have informed her that we were coming. It isn't fair to her that we came in unannounced'
'My love, I know Maureen, I bathed her, fed her and raised her to adulthood. All is not well that my own Maureen would avoid home. This is the same Maureen that couldn't bear to spent a week away from her niece and nephews. Something is wrong'
'Sweating, why not just accept that she is simply living her life, Mich told him as she placed a kiss on his lips, he smiled and held her. They seem to have forgotten Kemi.

Maureen laughed dryly as he alighted from the saloon. she noticed a red honda accord in front of the house and wondered who was visiting Kemi. Denise followed her into the house to say hello to Kemi. She opened the door and stopped
She saw joel and Mich, on the three sitter and Kemi, on a stool. Mich, on seeing Maureen left her seat, the two women embraced and laughed together
'How are you Maureen?'
'Very fantastic'
'You've emaciated. Hope you are not on those diets again?'
'Hell no. I am enjoying Lagos'
Mich released Maureen and she ran to her brother who quickly went on his feet. She jumped on him and he held her very tightly.
'My little Maureen', he said with a smile, a smile that vanished the moment he placed her on her feet and gazed fully on her.
'Who is he?', mich asked
'oh, this is Denise, he is also a corp member', turning to Denise she said,
'Denise, this is my brother, Joel and his wife, Mich'
Before Denise could anything, Joel said without smiling,
'Are you responsible for Maureen's pregnancy?'
'Pregnancy?', three people chorused at once.
'Three to four months old', he said bitterly
'Sweetheart, why would you say our Maureen is pregnant?'
'I am an obstetrician. I know pregnant women when I see them'
'I am not pregnant Joel, stop embarrassing me in front of my friends'
'Now tell me, when last did you see your period?'
'Day before yesterday', Maureen and Kemi answered together.
'Kemi, why are you covering her up?',Joel asked
'I'm not sir, honestly'
Maureen, infuriated at her brother picked her bag and began walking towards the door.
'Come back here'
'No Joel, you don't get to command me around. I am no longer a kid. I want you out of my house when I returned'
Joel moved to the door and stood by it.
'Push me ', he told her. She threw her bag and ran into the room. Joel glared at Denise.
'On your way, young man', he said and denise quietly walked out.
Mich immediately attacked her husband.
'How could you embarrass your own sister like that Joel?'
'Stay out of this Mich', he barked
'Why should I? I am family too or I'm I not?'
'You are'
'Good. Now care to tell me why? Is it because she didn't come home for a visit? That is her life and her choice'
'My love, Maureen didn't get pregnant when she was a teen, why shame herself now?'
'Are you sure?'
'Hundred percent'
'Okay, let's go back to the hotel, maureen is upset and you are also upset. Tomorrow we talk'
'No, I am not leaving here. First thing in the morning, I will personally take her for a test'
'Then where will we spent the night? I tot there is only one bedroom here?'
'I will call either Jake or Justin to come pick you up. I'm sleeping in this sitter'
'You are not serious'
Mich walked to the bedroom and found Maureen sobbing. Kemi followed her inside.
'Maureen?'
'I hate him, I hate so much. I wish my parents are here'
'Stop crying will you. But are you sure you are not pregnant?'
'I'm not'
Have you seen this month's period?'
'Yes'
'When?'
Maureen was forced to give dates of her previous three four months floor. They were all regular.
'I can't leave you in this condition. Sleep, tomorrow we go to the hospital'
'I'm not going anyway'
'Please, you have to. It would give the last verdict and I assure you, if it comes out negative, I will make Joel pay for his behavior'
'Will you?'
'Yes'
'Okay. I think this bed will be enough for the three of us, that is if you don't mind sharing'
'Of course I don't'
Kemi gave Mich a clothe. They lay down and slept, each thinking of the next day

Kemi knew there was trouble the moment maureen returned from the hospital, the following day with Mich and Joel on her heels. She ran into the room and lay on the bed.
'What is it?', kemi asked
'I am fourteen weeks pregnant'
'But you still see your period'
'It is what I don't understand'
the door slammed opened and Joel entered. His eyes were red. It was as if he cried.
'Now, Maureen, kindly tell me the man responsible for this pregnancy'
'Joel', she said in tears
'Yes?'
'Mich, please beg Joel for me. I know I have disappointed him'
'Joel, please, don't start behaving like Jordan here. Give her a chance to speak'
'I am giving her a chance'
'Is it Denise?'
'No'
'Isn't he your boyfriend?'
'I have never slept with him?'
'So who?'
'Maureen began sweating. Mich found herself remembering her own past and her questioning
'Who impregnated you?'
'Joel, I'm so sorry. I never knew it would come to this'
'I will kill you today'
He came closer, Maureen, seeing the anger in her brother ran behind Mich.
'Joel, go to the living room. I want to have a chat with Kemi and Maureen'
'Let me kill her and maybe, the pain in my heart will go away'
'Go. Give me twenty minutes'
He left and Mich looked at the two girls.
'Kemi, I'm sure, you know all her males friend. Start giving me names'
'I...I...'
'Her brother is angry. He needs result and we have to give him one now'
'Mich', Maureen said in tears'
'I will tell you, but please you will beg him for me won't you?'
'I will. Whoever he is, don't be afraid, just tell me. I will understand'
'Okay', she said amidst sobs.
'I went to the club last three months and drank myself to stupor. A man, took advantage of me. I followed him to a hotel. It was just a one night stand. I swear I don't even know his name'
Mich immediately felt dizzy. She found a place and sat down.
'You mean, you cannot identify the man responsible?'
'Well, he is short, slim and fair'
'Maureen how could you?', Mich began crying. Kemi knew it was Jake but dared not voice it out.
Joel entered and found his wife crying.
'Now Maureen, who is he?'
Mich managed to wipe away her tears and explained to him in a mild tone what Maureen had told her. Joel removed his belt.
'I will kill you', he said and in tears used it on Maureen.
'Mich stood up and hugged her husband very tight. Preventing him from hitting his sister
'This is not you Joel. Later, you will hate yourself for this. I've seen Maureen disobey and disrespected you many times, you've never used a belt on her'
Joel threw away the belt and walked out of the house. He returned the next very calm.
'Mich, let's go. I booked us a flight'
'What about Maureen?'
'She will join us later. Don't worry. Staying here while the pregnancy grow for all her corper friends to see is her shame to bear'
'And look here Maureen, I forbid you to terminate that pregnancy. Do you remember mother's last words to you before she passed away?'
'Yes'
'Good. Think of it every night before you go to sleep'
He said and walked out.
'What was your mother's last words to you?'
'If I ever get pregnant outside marriage, I must bear my shame and have my child. If I try to remove it, I will die in the process. I was just ten then, now, I am an adult and pregnant'

Mich called Justine that evening. She asked him for a special favour.
'Why?'
'Because she is pregnant and can't even point out the man responsible for it. The shame there would kill. Make it as snappy as possible, if you need help, call Jordan but the bottom line is, I want Maureen relocated back to Abuja'
'I will try'
'I don't want you to try, I want you to move the whole state if possible. Do it within two weeks. Don't let her know you are responsible, I want her to be called to an NYSC office and the later quietly issued to her'
'After all she did to you? Why are you helping her?'
'Because, she is my sister just as you are my brother. Don't forget, no one is to know this, except you and Jordan'
A week after Joel and Mich left for Abuja, Maureen finally decided to continue her day to day activities. Dennis had been so disappointed and heart broken when she finally owned up to him that she was pregnant. He had left her apartment and had never called again. Kemi on her part was not happy with Maureen for lying to Joel and Mich. The two ladies had fought twice already, with Kemi insisting that Jake had a right to know he was having a son and it was his duty to provide financial support.
Maureen couldn't bring herself to tell Kemi that Jake thought she was a called girl and the two had fought, argued and recently, not in talking terms.
Maureen returned from work that afternoon and found Kemi already around. These days, kemi didn't even want to wait for her anymore. She just picked her bag and return home. Maureen, being the attention seeker, hated this new development.
'Kemi, I'm the one pregnant not you', kemi told her.
'And I am glad'
'So why are you not talking to me?'
'Why should I Maureen? You are so selfish you care for no one but yourself'
'That's not true'
'It is'
'It isn't. I cared for you. I made sure you got a good place of primary assignment, I convinced joel to rent this apartment for us, I share almost all I have with you'
'So? What about the child growing in your womb?'
'I will raise him as mine and he or she will be a Jason. No one ever have to know his real identity'
'As selfish as you can be'
'I know what is right for me and my child'
'You do?'
'Yes'
'What about your brother. You broke his heart when it was confirmed you are pregnant but you stabbed him at the back when you said you don't know who is responsible. I have never seen a grown up cry the way he did here. I was almost tempted to spill the beans'
'Never you try that Kemi'
'You selfish lady, your family are in pains, your son would grow up, seeing others with both parents and you will forever have to explain to him how and why he doesn't have a father. Don't you have conscience?
'Jake won't take the baby'
'Then do your part and inform him that your one month affair had a consequence. Tomorrow, you can always tell your child who his or her father is'
'No'
'Then I am not talking to you. I will not be a part of this heartlessness'

Three days later, Maureen decided she didn't want to raise a child who would grow up with the likes of Kenneth, Kelvin, Leila, Daisy, Eugene, Miracle and Lizabeth without knowing his own father. She waited until Kemi went out to get some groceries before she brought out her phone and dialed her lover's number.
'Hello?'
'Hello jake, its Maureen'
'I know. You changed your mind about being my mistress?'
'I...I want us to meet'
'I traveled to Abuja and just returned but meet me at the hotel in two hours'
'Okay', Maureen said .

She went for a bath and took her time, practicing how to break her news to Jake. Deep down, she knew he would never take responsibility.
She carefully dressed in a red dress and black sandals. She arrived at the hotel and went up to the room and found him waiting for her.
'You are late, Maureen'
'Yes'
'Take off your clothes, I need to see you unclad'
Maureen moved closer. She bit her lips and stared at him.
'Maureen? I'm waiting'
'Actually Jake, I am not here for s.x'
'Oh, what is it?'
'I need to talk to you'
He sat up and listened to her
'I lied when I told you I am a call her. I am not. I was simply being foolish'
'You are a call girl Maureen, why claim righteous now? I gave you my money and gifts for all of your services and you took them with you'
'Yes but I never did...'
'Keep that long story short. What do you want from me?'
'I am fourteen weeks pregnant'
'Congratulations. What else?'
'Its yours. I swear it'
'Now you listen, kindly look for another customer and tie this rope you are about to tie around my neck. Yes I was intimate with you, I was never stupid enough to do it without contraceptives. My doctors prescribe d contraceptives for you which I made sure you swallow after our every rumble. The few times the we run out of these drugs, I used con.doms'
' I know but'
'All I know is that you are a call girl looking for a mugu. I will not be that man and you are not smart enough to force me'
'Jake!'
'Get out of here, get out and never you return. I owe you nothing because I paid for every services offered'
Before Maureen could form a word, jake left his seat and began pushing her out. He shut the door on her and she quietly went back to her apartment. She met kemi in the room
'Where were you?'
'Are you now talking to me?'
'The rumor around is that you are pregnant. Corpers are talking, you know'
'Who told them?'
'I don't know. You can deny this Maureen, pregnancy is not something that can be hidden. When asked I simply tell them I don't noticed you being pregnant'
'God Kemi, I can't bear this shame anymore. I am going back home'
'You can't be serious'
'Of course I am. I have done so many bad things in my past and now they are coming back to hunt me'
'Deep down, is a nice and generous lady'
'I was with jake, he denied paternity'
'That scoun drel. I never did liked him'

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Ikdbabie(f): 8:07pm On Apr 15, 2016
Hmmmm. Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Missyetty(f): 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
Hello miss, you are doing a great work here, more ink to your pen. Oh my Maureen!

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by ammy4id: 9:26pm On Apr 15, 2016
Thank you na for the pleasant gift

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by dupsai(f): 9:30pm On Apr 15, 2016
I'm loving this, thanks for the update Tiffany, Maureen is just unpredictable.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by gifty99200(f): 9:56pm On Apr 15, 2016
Weldone Tiffany, it's a nice story

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by oghenekome51(f): 12:21am On Apr 16, 2016
I like dis babe to pieces! I love her courage die! Am waiting in anticipation wot dis girl is gonna do to Jake to make him fall for her!

Weldone Tiffany!
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Naledi14(f): 6:03am On Apr 16, 2016
Lovely posts

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by mizhanny(f): 7:00am On Apr 16, 2016
M loving dis... Good job tiffanyJ

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by DONOCHAS(m): 8:17am On Apr 16, 2016
Haha, Jake it is time u claim your responsibilities. Good one Tiff

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Shakyroh320(f): 8:20am On Apr 16, 2016
I like d plot and orientation,just like u sista 'straight to the point',like the reluctant bride,keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by heemah(f): 11:04am On Apr 16, 2016
**panting ** Hope I'm not too late? I've been busy of late.. Welcome back dear TiffanyJ...
I think I'm beginning to like Maureen. She has guts!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Sadyflame(f): 11:21am On Apr 16, 2016
Nice work ma

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by oreoluwatolulop(f): 11:33am On Apr 16, 2016
Tnx for the update
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Sandjane(f): 2:01pm On Apr 16, 2016
Thanks for d update.more pls
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by hassan85(m): 6:36pm On Apr 16, 2016
TiffanyJ:

Yes, everyone is linked to everyone because this is a family series. The story is not interested in Kemi, it is interested in Maureen and Jake. It tries to make them understand what life really is about. From the previous series, we see Maureen as a spoilt girl and Jake as a loner living in exile. This story is an opportunity for us readers to see them in another persfective and then make our final judgement of their characters.

Only linda got pregnant before her marriage. Mich got married first before getting pregnant, tara didn't marry jordan because she was pregnant but because he rap ed her, and she was an innocent. By the way dear, this story isn't interested in maureen's pregnancy, it is interested in life after that.
The only thing you can be so right about knowing the end of the story is that it would end in a happily ever after way. Apart this, trust me, no one, not even you can guess the plot of this story. Its something I took my time to plan and this story dear is proof that pregnancy is not marriage.
By the way, thanks for being a critic. Its something a writer can't ever avoid

I like d fact dt u were brought outta ur comfort zone. I like it wen u are pushed. you sounded so sweet. Now me too got some clarification.

And thanks iomoge2

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by chii8(f): 8:33pm On Apr 16, 2016
Kaiii...dat maureen dey craze ni?Mr antoni dey dia wen she dey f...k jake ?i dey vex abeg.som gal can mumu shaa,n dat her tongue needs rope.uchicha mmiri...mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by mofy1(f): 5:31pm On Apr 17, 2016
Tiffany j doing her thing since AD 1900

2 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Adasun(m): 9:48pm On Apr 17, 2016
so mr Anthony stil da call linda gold digger

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Naledi14(f): 10:21pm On Apr 17, 2016
She's going to ask for help by Mr Anthony ? I don't trust that man at all at all at all hmmm, lets see what he does.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Jjrhymez(m): 12:22am On Apr 18, 2016
two calls pere!!!
tiffany nice update, but kilode, wetin do you editor nau. the grammatical brouhaha was on the increase in this last update o

2 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 8:43am On Apr 18, 2016
The following week, Maureen was in her sixteen weeks but had refused to cowered. She and kemi went to the secretariat for their Community Development Service when she noticed the way other ladies looked at her. She dared them with her eyes to ask if she were pregnant. Knowing Maureen as the trouble maker, no one dared. They could only speculate.
After the service, their cordinator announced that a Maureen Jason should meet the state cordinator's secretary. There was a message for her. Both Maureen and Kemi were confused. They went to the secretary and Maureen introduced herself.
'Good afternoon ma, I am Maureen Jason'
'Oh, Maureen? With the state code 133?'
'Yes ma'
The woman looked through her files and removed a pink paper, then handed it to her. Maureen looked suspiciously at her'
'Ma, I don't understand'
'Young lady, you've been relocated to abuja. Only God knows the number of men you slept with to pull this thing. Girls of nowadays'
'But sorry, if I a may say. Don't insult me. Did I sleep with your husband?'
'How dare you?'
'Did I ask you to relocate me for you to embarrass me in front of these corpers?', Maureen said, her eyes scanning the room and glaring at the four corpers in the room.
'I will deal with you. I will make sure you get the dirtiest place for your primary assignment and I will make sure you get a two months extension'
Maureen angry, flared up. You can deal with me anywhere but not in Abuja. You know why?, Abuja is home. Here claiming righteousness when maybe one of your daughter is a who.re'
The noise brought in the state cordinator. After listening to the secretary, he seized the letter from Maureen.
'Your parents did very poor with you. What is your name?'
'Maureen Jason', she said
He went stilled. This lady, had very powerful friends. He had given mr. Nicholas his word that she would be relocated. He called her to his office and advised her to work on her character.
'No man would want to marry viper for a wife', he told her.
'But she insulted me sir', maureen defended
'Why not just ignore her her? Now, I will give you back this letter, and you will apologize to her. She is old enough to be your mother'
'Why I'm I relocated? I didn't ask for this'
'You did', he told her with a smile.
'Just work on your character and your tongue'
Maureen, returned, apologize to the woman and together with Kemi, went home.

The pink letter had commanded Maureen to report at NYSC secretariat, Abuja on monday morning and the letter was given to her on friday. She spent the weekend packing her bags. Kemi had been a huge help to her.
'Who worked it out?', kemi asked
'I'm not sure but I think its Mich'
'You are lucky to have her you know'
'I am. By the way, the house is now yours. The rent would expire two months after our passing out'
'It will never be the same without you'
'If you like, you can get someone to share it with you'
'Meeting you is the greatest thing that had happened to me'
'Work harder and get retained. If you don't get retained, come to Abuja, there two spare room in our house, I know some of mich's and Joel's friends that can help you get a job. Of course, you will pack out once you are settled'
'Oh, thank you'
When mich finally packed her bags to the park, kemi had cried her heart out. Maureen too had cried as she waved at her friend when the car began moving. She would miss kemi.

Maureen arrived late sunday evening, very tired. Joel was too angry for her to call him to pick her up so she took a taxi. She arrived home at quarter to eight. She missed home. she left her bags for the security guard to bring them in. She opened the door and found Joel, lying on one of the sofa while Mich help Leila with her home-work and the twins watching a cartoon.
The whole room became alive as the kids ran to her for a hug.
'Aunt Maureen did you buy me a new toy?', Kenneth asked.
'Do you miss me?'
'Yes' leila and the twins chorused.
Joel looked on and refused to say a word. He refused to answer her greetings. An our later, after all the excitement and the kids were bathed and put to bed, Joel had time for his sister.
'What are you doing here?'
'Dah, this is also my father's house', she sneered at him.
'Okay. What are you doing in Abuja?'
'I got relocated'
'Show me the letter'
Maureen opened her handbag and shoved the letter into his hands.
'So you are ashamed to stay in shame?'
She just went up. Joel turned to his wife.
'You did that?'
'Yes, I had her relocated'
'Why?'
'Isn't it obvious?'
'Without my permission?'
'Do I need it?'
'Yes'
'In case you don't know. Maureen needs someone to take care of her. She needs to be registered at the hospital and go for ante-natal check-up. In Lagos, who would see to that?'
'Okay, you made your point'
'I think Maureen is hiding the father of her child'
'I think not'

She had comfortably settled in Abuja and had been posted to work as an accountant in her brother's hospital, all thanks to Mich. Now, maureen went to work only if she wanted to. She would sometimes just lie back in bed and claim morning sickness. Joel was still not talking to her and she observed he hardly eats anymore.
She was nineteen weeks gone when she decided that her child must have a root. She waited for the house to be cleared. Joel at the hospital, Mich in school and the kids at school too. She wore a loose dress, picked a pair of sanders and spent two hours on her make-up. Her next move would start another drama and maybe, create enmity. Maureen didn't care. Her unborn child was now her main concern.

She took a cab to Wuse and alighted in front of Anthony Joseph house. She knew the man well and his habits, but she was ready for him. She knocked at the gate and a man guard opened the gate.
'Yes? Can I help you?'
'Is mr Anthony at home?'
'Yes'
'I need to talk to him'
'You can't. He is...'
Maureen pushed the old man out of her way and walked in. She went to the front door and entered. She visited this house once, with Tara and Mich.
The guard followed her in. She found Anthony, listening to the 9am news. He saw her and frowned. She smiled and extended her hands. Anthony refused to take it.
''I know you', he told her
'Yes, you do'
The guard quietly left them.
'I assume this is not a social visit?'
'No'
'You are Mich's sister-in-law, aren't you?'
'Yes, I am'
She sat down and crossed her legs. Anthony watched, amused.
'What can I do for you young manner less lady?'
'You see sir, I am carrying your grandchild. Your son, the big idi ot doesn't know a thing about responsibility'
'Don't you dare come here and insult my kid. If you truly. Are pregnant for henry, you know he would never leave that gold digger Linda, for you. Now get out of my house'
'I'm not leaving here'
Anthony smiled bitterly.
'You want money?'
'No'
'What do you want?'
'I want a paternity test'
'You are a fool, young lady. Linda will kill you'
'I'm not carrying Henry's child'
'Then whose?'
'Your exile son'
'Jake?'
'Correct'
Anthony was shocked. The lady looked so focused and ready for anything.
'Are you sure? My Jake doesn't do women, he is such a nice...'
'Open your eyes mr Anthony'
Anthony knew this is a serious allegation. But jake? Everyone thought Jake was a virgin. Deep down, he knew the girl was saying the truth and he loved her. First thing first, a family meeting must ensured and jake must be here to defend himself.
If jake was really going to be a father, Anthony would be relieved because people were already calling his second son 'gay'
He brought out his phone and made two calls.
Anthony placed a call to Jake first. Maureen comfortably sat down and listened to his conversation.
'Hello?'
'Jake how are you doing?'
'I'm fine father, how is your health?'
'Better'
'Okay'
'Jake, I want you to board the next available flight to Abuja'
'I have a business meeting tomorrow. Its about that new client of ours that...'
'Forget business will you? This is a family gathering'
'What is the matter?'
'Until you come'
'I can't come here yet, I...'
'Young man, I don't care if you are meeting Obama tomorrow, I want you back home unfailingly', his father said and quietly pressed the end button.
His next phone call was to Henry.
'Father good morn'
'Morning. Where are you?'
'At the agency'
'Meet me in my house immediately'
'Father, is everything alright?'
'Everything is not alright', Anthony informed his first son. He turned to the lady and was surprised to find her curled up on the sofa and sleeping.
Henry, a tall dark skinned man of thirty-seven drove into his father's compound not knowing what to expect. He parked his car and walked into the house. His father couldn't hide his excitement.
'Father...'
Henry said but halted as his eyes settled on the sleeping lady. He was much more confused. Maureen and his father?
'This is Joel sister', he said
'So I heard'
'What is she doing here?'
'Hmm'
'I heard she is pregnant and couldn't point out the man, please don't tell me you are responsible'
'Don't insult me boy'
'Then what is she doing here?'
Maureen's eye snapped open. She slowly looked at the two men and sat up, suddenly feeling hungry.
'I'm hungry, where is the kitchen?', she asked
The two men only stared at her. Anthony found himself pointing at the kitchen door. She stood up and walked in. No words were exchanged. She returned, with a maid almost on her heels. A big cup of tea and bread was placed for her. Henry couldn't take the silent anymore.
'What is happening here?'
'Oh Henry, I'm sure Joel already told you I am in the family way'
'So? Did I tell you to sleep around?'
'I did not sleep around'
'Tell that to your unborn kid'
Maureen smiled.
'I have decided to name him after my father. Yes, Jason Joseph. You know, a new child is about to be brought into this family'
'You are mad'
'Really? Then your brother is mad to have made me pregnant'
'Jake?', henry was astounded.
'I am nineteen weeks pregnant for your irresponsible brother'
'You are insane, in fact, if not for your brother and Mich, I would have dealt seriously with you'
'Empty threats. You don't scare me Henry'
Anthony watched the drama with smiles. He liked the girl already. She was so full of life and so carefree with her tongue and her attitude.
'Henry, she claims Jake is responsible for her pregnancy', Anthony filled Henry in
'I am not claiming'
Henry picked his phone to call Henry but his father stopped him.
'He will be here tomorrow'
Henry still thought she was mad, he decided to call Joel.
'Hello'
'Joel, how is work?'
'Work is fine. How about Linda and the kids?'
'All fine. Are you sure your sister doesn't need a psychiatrist?'
'Beg your pardon?'
'She is at my father's. come and get her'
'What is she doing there?'
'Said my brother, whom we all know hated her is responsible for her pregnancy'
'I'm on my way'
After eating, Maureen laid back again. Henry was staring daggers at her but she didn't care. A knock sounded at the door and her brother walked into the house.
'Good morning sir', he greeted Anthony
'Morning'
Joel looked at his sister and felt embarrassed.
'Maureen what is the meaning of this?'
'You should be happy, finally, I remember the person responsible for the pregnancy'
'Who?'
'Jake'
'Are you sure?'
'I'm not stupid Joel, I had an affair with Jake for a good month', Maureen blurted out without one ounce of shame.
Henry told Joel that Jake would be available the next day.
'Why did you come here maureen?'
'I want a paternity test'
Let's go home, tomorrow, when Jake comes, we shall discuss this with him'
Maureen surprisingly went with her brother. At the car, he told her how shameless she was. Joel was finally a bit relieved that his sister had pointed at someone. The thought that she couldn't identify the man responsible for her pregnancy had given him sleepless nights. At home, she alighted from his car and banged the door. He looked at her departing figure and knew he had to finally tell her the truth about her pregnancy from the ultrasound his colleague had carried. If his sister found out he was holding such vital information from her, hell would break loose.
He and Mich had fought over it the previous morning, in the serenity of their room.
'You can't just refuse to tell her', she had told him.
'I know but, remember that I am still not talking to her'
'Pretense. You are angry but we both know you still care for her. Isn't that why you told Dr Damian to always report any development to you directly before her?'
'She is just a kid'
'A kid? You dare call a fully grown woman a kid? Snap your eyes open my love, Maureen is twenty-five years old already'
'Why are you provoke?'
'You know your sister, when she finally finds out the truth, I will not come to your rescue'
'I'm not asking you to'
'Good', was the answer she gave him and walked to the bathroom for her bath.
Now, Joel realized he needed to tell his sister but something was holding him back.

'Maureen?', Joel had shouted her name the following day.
She came down, slowly in a peach gown. He looked at her from head to toe. The pregnancy was making her skin glow.
'Why are you staring at me like this? Aren't you the one shouting at me to hurry up? If we are not late I want to go back to my room and rest'
'Rest? You don't even work'
'In case you don't notice, I am pregnant'
'Oh, the one that doesn't have a father?', he said to her.
Maureen shunned him. Henry had called to tell Joel that Jake had arrived and they were waiting for them. The two siblings went to the car and Joel drove them to the Joseph's. Maureen began lagging behind once they were in the compound.
'Oh, afraid to quench the fire you had blatantly started?', Joel attacked.
'I'm scared of no one and nothing'
'Then my friend, stop lagging behind. My hospital needs me'
'You sound as if the damn hospital is more important than me'
'At the moment, little sister, yes', Maureen hissed. Joel glared at her and walked away.
Once inside the house he found two generations of the Joseph. The older generation looked up when Joel entered and the two younger followed.
'Good morning to you all', Joel greeted
'Morning', came the chorused reply.
Jake had arrived tired the night before and was more confused when his father and brother seemed to be keeping something from him. He was only told to have patience.
'Where the hell is she?', Henry shouted
The door opened and Maureen walked in. Her eyes scanned the room for Jake. She found him and almost laughed at the sight of him. She had missed him.
On seeing her, Jake had went to his feet.
'What is she doing here?', he asked Henry
'Jake, she came here with some allegations'
'Allegations? That what?'
'That I am carrying your child', maureen shouted at him.
'A call girl have no right to make such allegation'
'Call girl?', Joel asked
Jake was too angry to notice that Joel and Maureen might be related.
'Yes Joel. No one would force me into accepting another man's child. I met this wh.re at a party, spent the night with her and paid her for her services'
'Don't forget to add that the affair lasted for a whole month', Maureen shouted at him
'What affair? I'm asking you, what affair? There was never an affair between us. It was a business arrangement and I paid for every of the services rendered' Jake snapped
Joel was digesting the information. 'Maureen, tell me you didn't collect money from this man', Joel asked her
Maureen didn't said a word.
'Yes, I did collected some money but I didn't make use of it. I...'
'After all I did to you? What do you need money for? Why would you sell your dignity for money that you don't lack. I would have sold the whole hospital and help you from whatever trouble. I rented a house for you in Lagos, with your nysc allowance, Mich still gives you money. Why did you choose to embarrass me like this?'
'Joel, it really wasn't about the money', maureen said in tears.
'Tell me what it was about and where this man's money is. We will return it and go back home'
'I'm not going back home. You've done your part in my life. I want full reign now'
Jake had seen the resemblance and had realized that the girl duped him. She fooled him and he let her. He had seen the signs, yet he allowed lust to cloud his memory.
'I have two questions for you. How many men did you sleep with for money?', joel asked his sister
'Only Jake', she had now stopped crying and was determine to carry on'
'Where is Jake's money?'
'I mailed it to Tara's orphanage'
'We will confirm from Tara. Now let's go home', he said and dug his hands into her arms. She pushed him away.
'I'm going no where. Jake, I want my paternity test'
Jake looked at his father, then his brother.
'So you brought me here because of this abomination?', his middle finger was pointing at Maureen.
'Oh mine Jake, this abomination was too good that you had to look for another extension when the one month expired. Remember the day you came to my house? The three sitter...'
'Shout that mouth up Maureen', he went closer to her
'Come and shut it for me. By the way, did your family know what you truly are? And why I had to refuse you?' Turning to Henry, she said
'Your brother here has a secret, oh it isn't a secret really. He is a...'
Jake had hastily covered her mouth with his palm. She bit him but he didn't care. His life was his personal thing and he hated her for letting them out.
'Jake allow the lady to talk', his father was anxious to know the truth about his son
Jake removed his hands from her mouth and looked at her with hatred.
'I am going back to Lagos. I want nothing to do with this wh.re'
'So sorry Jake, we need to carry that test', maureen told him
'Maureen, it is dangerous to have a prenatal paternity test. You might have a miscarriage in the process', joel told her
'I don't care. This irresponsible man will not render my child a bast.rd'
It was Anthony who finally made a decision that the paternity test should be carried. It would clear all doubts and even create boundaries. Maureen was taken to the hospital by Joel and Henry. Dr Damian had a check on her and finally decided that she could take a risk. He gave his permission for the test to be carried. Joel suggested. Biosensors medical diagnostics, located at Wuse 2.
'How do they do this prenatal DNA test?', Anthony asked
'It is an ultrasound way of guiding a thin needle into a woman's uterus through her abdomen. The needle draws out a small amount of amniotic fluid, which is tested'
They went to the hospital and a cheek swab was collected from Jake. Joel was seen whispering something to the scientist. The man nodded. Over the years, had carried out this type of test.
Maureen and Jake were told that the result would be ready in three days.
'Three days? I'm leaving for Lagos'
'You are going no where Jake', his father told him.

From the hospital, they all went their separate ways. Joel took his sister back home. He didn't want to even say a word to her. He was afraid he would give her a slap in the process.

You can complete this story here
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/captor_of_my_heart_the_tamers_/14605

5 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by heemah(f): 9:23am On Apr 18, 2016
Laughing in Japanese. This drama no be here...
TiffanyJ, top of the morning greetings to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Ego2(f): 9:33am On Apr 18, 2016
now this gets interesting

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by erekere(m): 9:33am On Apr 18, 2016
Lovely story my sister. nice update keep it up cant wait for what will happen at jake's house btw these two.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Donpeteranking(m): 9:34am On Apr 18, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] cheesy[b][/b]
Man you are the best,if you dont update today i wud die,kux am already addicted to this story.
and if i die...... let me stop their cause u knw wat ghost do.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 9:38am On Apr 18, 2016
heemah:
Laughing in Japanese. This drama no be here...
TiffanyJ, top of the morning greetings to you.
Same to you dear. Longest of time ma.
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 9:44am On Apr 18, 2016
Ego2:
now this gets interesting
Abi?
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 9:49am On Apr 18, 2016
erekere:
Lovely story my sister. nice update keep it up cant wait for what will happen at jake's house btw these two.
Thank you. What will happen? Huh
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 10:07am On Apr 18, 2016
Donpeteranking:
[color=#990000][/color] cheesy[b][/b]
Man you are the best,if you dont update today i wud die,kux am already addicted to this story.
and if i die...... let me stop their cause u knw wat ghost do.
Lol, I will try my best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (60) (Reply)

Meant To Be / When Love Speaks / ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.