Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? (2691 Views)

My Pre-Wedding Photos; Traditional Wedding Is On December 16th / I Lied To My Fiancé That I Am A Virgin, My Wedding Is In December. Help / Is It Necessary To Keep In Touch With Your Ex's After Breakup?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by beautyfunke(m): 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2016
Some people really want to wait and save up enough
money so they can throw a big party for their wedding.
Working on a high budget, they get loans from individual,
company and banks. What's the excuse? They tell
themselves,
"I want to make my wedding the biggest of all times".
Every couple has different priorities, and one couple's
must-have is another couple's "meh".
A high wedding budget is really necessary, why? On one
hand, it's a once in a lifetime occasion. At every turn,
family members, friends, experts, magazines and blogs are
there to offer inspiration and instill panic.
If you spend as much as you can, knowing that a wedding
is a one-time affair, you'll be happy. Whenever you think
back and remember that you satisfied majority of people,
you'll feel satisfied. If you don't have enough money, why
go for a wedding then? If something isn't a priority for you,
don't even waste time on it.

high budget for wedding is it necessary?
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by Bluezy13(m): 5:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
It is necessary.

One Rule Budget high but spend less
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by naijamakossa(m): 5:54pm On Mar 26, 2016
in my tribe it is necessary
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by naijamakossa(m): 5:55pm On Mar 26, 2016
Bluezy13:
It is necessary.

One Rule Budget high but spend less
when I think I am first to comment,,,guy how far...?
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by Johnjnr(m): 5:56pm On Mar 26, 2016
If u have the cash u can have ur wedding done in heaven. Bt if u are a mid income personel, I would advice you to save for the rainy days(children wohala) and have a Modrate wedding.

And second. It depends on the wifee material in the said wife to be. I bet some girls are worth the spending(virgins, character, beauty) while some are not worth a dime(retired oloshe/ashawo)

My 50kobo contribution

6 Likes

Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by FlawlessRebirth2(f): 5:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
NOT NECESSARY

HAVE ALWAYS SAID IT....ND WILL STILL SAY IT
MY WEDDING-NO SHEARING OF RICE,(just wine and cake),,NO CANOPYS(open space)...
SO ERRBODY SHOULD TAKE NOTE
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by seunny4lif(m): 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
grin
High budget like Nigeria budget grin
Since after the wedding, the bride's family will pay me ×5 of wetin I spend cheesy grin
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by Bluezy13(m): 6:03pm On Mar 26, 2016
naijamakossa:
when I think I am first to comment,,,guy how far...?
Ah dey o.
How body
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by ULSHERLAN(m): 6:09pm On Mar 26, 2016
No budget is high IF you can afford it. The only problem will be budgeting high when you cant afford it hence getting you in debt after the ceremony
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by missdebs(f): 6:09pm On Mar 26, 2016
deep down in ur heart you know its a waste

1 Like

Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by YorubaWoman: 6:10pm On Mar 26, 2016

Igba a ba ti fi gbogbo owo se wedding tan, ika lo ku ni jije abi undecided

Emi o tie feran aruwo debi pe gbese owa
Gbonkele ni mo fe
Ko sebi tin bami rele oko
Strictly by invitation si ni, ko ba ma si awon iya ile okan ti o mo ranju tin nkan o ba telorun

2 Likes

Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by danny56: 6:12pm On Mar 26, 2016
Wedding day Will always come and go. People must have something to say either high or low budget. Borrow yourself sense not to put yourself or ur spouse under pressure. I tell u d truth, u won't eat "I love you" after d wedding ooo.

D pastor and d joining is what matters.
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 26, 2016
If you have It, spend it.

if you don't manage it

We are tired of seeing rich weddings, poor families angry
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by Tallesty1(m): 6:20pm On Mar 26, 2016
The real problem isn't wedding. It is that list that your village uncles give us.
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by rawpadgin(m): 6:26pm On Mar 26, 2016
naijamakossa:
in my tribe it is necessary
IBO girl spotted
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by rawpadgin(m): 6:28pm On Mar 26, 2016
FlawlessRebirth2:
NOT NECESSARY

shocked will u marry me?
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by Montaque(m): 6:33pm On Mar 26, 2016
Good wedding/ bad marriage.
That's all we see these days. Dude devote 2 years to make money for world class wedding, yet can't imbibe marriage/family qualities. Same for the lady who roams about town looking for the best gown n event manager.
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 26, 2016
I will say it again, I'm not expecting any damn person I never invited for anything I do. If you come uninvited, you stand a great humiliation cool No time for gluttons undecided
A lunch for a selected few at a Fast food restaurant, if you are my sister and you got no IV better stay home angry. Max: an hour 30 minutes, I'm gone. You wanna stay, stay. It's bye from from there. Don't come visiting yet, I need my space, ain't going for any honeymoon grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 26, 2016
chimkaire:
I will say it again, I'm not expecting any damn person I never invited for anything I do. If you come uninvited, you stand a great humiliation cool No time for gluttons undecided
A lunch for a selected few at a Fast food restaurant, if you are my sister and you got no IV better stay home angry. Max: an hour 30 minutes, I'm gone. You wanna stay, stay. It's bye from from there. Don't come visiting yet, I need my space, ain't going for any honeymoon grin cheesy

I thought I was mean. You are meaner

I don't know whether it is the norm for some in the Western world but I know that some people even ask their guests to pay for their food. It is usually written on the IVgrin

I don't believe your last sentence though undecided
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by FlawlessRebirth2(f): 7:17pm On Mar 26, 2016
KnightX:

For a Nigerian woman, that's unlikely to happen.

The bride's mum wouldn't pass up the oppurtunity to show-off to her peers that she raised a daughter "virtuous " enough to be married. It's like her graduation day when all her time spent in grooming the daughter is publicly rewarded. That's for the Traditional wedding.

The bride too wouldn't pass up to show-off to her friends how elevated above them she's become.

It's not surprising that the husband is made to place a quasi-dormant role during the T.M.

.AND IF I CHOOSE TO DO THE WEDDING ABROAD?.... (FEW FRIENDS AND CLOSE RELATIVES ONLY).....THAT ALONE IS SHOW OFF(HIGHEST SHOW OFF SO FAR,,,BACK TO BACK)
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 26, 2016
Some people are stupidity driven like that. Every Saturday , u see hustling ppl blow up Naira as if they never sweat before getting it. Its their life sha. But eminitemi oh, if she no gree make we do am lowkey, the exit door is always open.
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by FlawlessRebirth2(f): 7:25pm On Mar 26, 2016
rawpadgin:
shocked will u marry me?
.SIR
M NOT READY YET...
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 26, 2016
daretodiffer:

I thought I was mean. You are meaner

I don't know whether it is the norm for some in the Western world but I know that some people even ask their guests to pay for their food. It is usually written on the IVgrin

I don't believe your last sentence though undecided
Hehehehe...ododo oro n'iyen ooo. I'm that stingy angry I like that idea of asking 'em to pay for their meal. I would so honor such invite. Our people have misunderstood the need for being at occasions embarassed Even burials cheesy
My last sentence is subject to change cos where I work, I've seen colleagues and even MD who recently did his, resume on Monday lipsrsealed
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 26, 2016
chimkaire:
Hehehehe...ododo oro n'iyen ooo. I'm that stingy angry I like that idea of asking 'em to pay for their meal. I would so honor such invite. Our people have misunderstood the need for being at occasions embarassed Even burials cheesy
My last sentence is subject to change cos where I work, I've seen colleagues and even MD who recently did his, resume on Monday lipsrsealed
grin
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 26, 2016
daretodiffer:
grin
Why are you not sleeping sweet lipped beauty?
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by chigoizie7(m): 12:13am On Mar 27, 2016
Even if I rich pass dangote, I no go spend pass 100k for white wedding.

My immediate family, hers and few friends, say 10 friends, no fit chop food worth 100k nah.

Na traditional marriage I fit spend pass Ahmed malaysia.
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by Youngpo413: 1:13am On Mar 27, 2016
High budget is necessary if the lady is a virgin, but For them overused pusys and countless abortions, low or no wedding will suit them wella
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by rawpadgin(m): 1:50am On Mar 27, 2016
FlawlessRebirth2:
.SIR

M NOT READY YET...
can wait for u
Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 27, 2016
Let me know, so i can come and celebrate with you. grin
FlawlessRebirth2:
NOT NECESSARY

Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by Marlvin(m): 2:12am On Mar 27, 2016
Tallesty1:
The real problem isn't wedding. It is that list that your village uncles give us.

Re: High Budget For Wedding, Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 4:53am On Mar 27, 2016
Marriage is a life time while wedding is just a 'one-time' show. instead of borrowing money to feed d whole world (even ppl who r nt hungry) all in the name of wedding y nt save to cash nd build d marriage, invest, save for d kids welfare.
By d way who says one can't budget nd invite only 50 ppl to ones wedding? Doing such my dad's sitting room is d sweetest

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Don't Have Big Nïpples And It's Embarrassing / Picture Of An Evil Snake That Came To Attack Family Of Five...asab / A US Base Guy Needs A Girl!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.