Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? (2547 Views)

Finally! My Phantom 6 Plus Upgraded To Android 7.1.1 Nougat And HIOS 2.2 / A Closer Look At The HiOS, features and UI / Tecno Boom J8 Thread – First Tecno Phone To Feature Hios Ui (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by easrael(f): 7:31pm On Mar 26, 2016

User interface is the look of icons in the smartphone app drawer. It
is the feel and the elegance of such icons that make a device look
presentable and lovely.

Samsung Mobile has the TouchWiz UI, Xiaomi, MiUi and Infinix, the XUI.This time round, Tecno Mobile has given its fans a very sleek and
beautiful user interface on their devices. Tecno Mobile’s custom Ui is to be know as the HiOS. Tecno Boom J8 will be the first device to run the new user interface.

Here are some of the micro intelligence features of the Tecno HiOS:

Quick start: You can make some gestures on the screen of your
phone while the screen is off like pressing M to locate music, W, C
to get into Whatsapp and camera respectively.

Take screenshots with 3 fingers: To me this is the most innovative
feature on the HiOS. You don’t have to look for the screenshot icon
that is if your phone model even have it. In some smartphones, you
have to press power button plus volume down button to take
screenshots, but with the arrival of the Tecno HiOS, it’s just swiping
down with your 3 fingers.

Music gestures: When your screen is off you can change the current
music you are playing or even stop the music without necessary
opening your phone.

Flip to mute: This is no longer new in the smartphone industry but
believe me, some OEMs are yet to incorporate this into their
smartphone. When you have incoming calls, just flip your mobile to mute the call.

Tapping to wake: To turn off the screen of your smartphone, it is
conventional to press the power button but the HIOS is an
intelligent OS that helps us to explore our phones in easier ways. To turn off/on the screen just double tap the center of the screen.

Wave answer: To answer an incoming call just move your palm over the sensor area and this will automatically answer the call.

HiOS is undoubtedly, one of the best UI’s you could get in Nigerian
market. I look forward to seeing the next generation of HiOS devices
from TECNO starting with the Boom J8.

Source: http://expressng.com/2016/03/tecno-hios-how-intelligent-is-the-rave/#vXqz1bhWwzIWDGXF.99

2 Likes

Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by Frontier2: 10:16am On Mar 27, 2016
They are good features but I love the taking screenshots with 3 fingers, it's cool

1 Like

Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by jheed: 4:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by kolexepana: 7:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
Looks like iphone
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by daphid25(m): 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
Amazing device... hope the HiOs is downloadable for existing tecno users.

1 Like

Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by easrael(f): 9:59am On Mar 28, 2016
jheed:
the features are mad it's cool
Oh really
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by kesses: 11:32am On Mar 28, 2016
It sounds very cool
Frontier2:
They are good features but I love the taking screenshots with 3 fingers, it's cool
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by kesses: 11:33am On Mar 28, 2016
yes. The phone is very sleek
kolexepana:
Looks like iphone

1 Like

Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by kesses: 11:33am On Mar 28, 2016
I think only C8 is compatible for now.
daphid25:
Amazing device... hope the HiOs is downloadable for existing tecno users.

1 Like

Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by jheed: 7:18pm On Mar 28, 2016
easrael:

Oh really
yup
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by kennyslim1(m): 9:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
Pls, how do I install this on my C8
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by Ibiblaze(m): 10:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
kennyslim1:
wait for the marshmallow update that will b coming up on the 17 of April through ota update
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by Tizzie: 7:17pm On Mar 29, 2016
does it have a voice assistant like the iOS ?
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by benigneOne(f): 7:19pm On Mar 29, 2016
kennyslim1:

when you update, you'll get it
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by Esotericbaby: 7:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
this will be my reason to buy my first TECNO.

1 Like

Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by niceguy7(m): 10:14pm On Mar 29, 2016
I need brand new tecno 8h in carton
And infinix hot note or note2 fairly used to buy..
Anybody gat any??
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by easrael(f): 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2016
niceguy7:
I need brand new tecno 8h in carton
And infinix hot note or note2 fairly used to buy..
Anybody gat any??

I do not sell phones
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by easrael(f): 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2016
Tizzie:
does it have a voice assistant like the iOS ?

You mean Siri?
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by easrael(f): 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2016
Frontier2:

Really, they got me on that one....
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by parrotibaba(m): 6:48pm On Apr 01, 2016
These features are old news na

Na only this stuff the HiOS carry come?
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by easrael(f): 7:20pm On Apr 01, 2016
parrotibaba:
These features are old news na

Na only this stuff the HiOS carry come?

I think it does so very much more other powerful stuffs

They announced it allows you to schedule messages too for example, all those birthday messages
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by investment247: 11:25pm On Apr 01, 2016
What? Did you say screenshot with 3 fingers?? Damn!! Thats a new one.
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by selfdefence: 11:29pm On Apr 01, 2016
is it security wise to make the phone wake up by just double tapping the center?? What if you mistakenly tap it in you pocket??
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by easrael(f): 11:56am On Apr 02, 2016
selfdefence:
is it security wise to make the phone wake up by just double tapping the center?? What if you mistakenly tap it in you pocket??

Haba na
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by sureinfo: 4:56pm On Apr 02, 2016
easrael:

Haba na

Bro na legit question him dey ask o.
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by Tizzie: 12:00am On Apr 22, 2016
easrael:

You mean Siri?

yes siri
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by gingerman876: 1:07am On Apr 22, 2016
I take screenshots a lot. I appreciate the concept of swiping down with my three fingers to take a screenshot
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by Nobody: 3:14am On Apr 22, 2016
gingerman876:
I take screenshots a lot. I appreciate the concept of swiping down with my three fingers to take a screenshot

They just copied all the features on Infinix XUI
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by 360koncepts: 3:50pm On Apr 22, 2016
wouldn't it be cool, if most of the mid range Tecno phones can have it , rather than the new phones?
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by Boyembo(m): 4:24pm On Apr 22, 2016
360koncepts:
wouldn't it be cool, if most of the mid range Tecno phones can have it , rather than the new phones?

we dont care abt old customers sir....discard ur old phone and buy boom j8
Re: Tecno HIOS: How Intelligent Is The Rave? by yinka360nl1: 4:28pm On Apr 22, 2016
adebayooye:

They just copied all the features on Infinix XUI
Sharapppp

(1) (Reply)

Get 2,000naira With Just N100 On Airtel Network / Anticipate The Fast And Furious!! Infinix Note 4 #takecharge Leaked Specs / Samsung Launches New Awesome Semi Flagship Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.