Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,314 members, 7,780,761 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:26 PM

Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon (50553 Views)

How Much Is Needed To Open A Standard Barbing Salon? / Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? / Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by nani212(m): 9:49pm On Mar 26, 2016
Good evening nairalanders, I'm considering setting up a barbing salon in one of the south eastern states. I have 240000 to invest. The main reason I want to set it up is to create another source of income as I currently have a business I'm into. I wont be the one operating the barbing salon but I'll be visiting there to supervise every evening. I'm almost a novice in this field and I'll like people with experience to please advice and give me guidelines on steps to take.

Will 240000 be enough? What will be the right or appropriate salary to pay the barber I will employ? How profitable is the business? How much profit should I expect monthly? Waiting for your suggestions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by ojnnaco(m): 9:58pm On Mar 26, 2016
OK. but remember .......? Just remember ..... Beware of women cox barbers eeeeeeeh

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by nani212(m): 10:05pm On Mar 26, 2016
ojnnaco:
OK. but remember .......?
Just remember .....
Beware of women
cox barbers eeeeeeeh
Bro, I dont understand. What has women got to do with a barbing salon? Besides I wont be the one operating the barbing salon. I'll just invest and supervise

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by ojnnaco(m): 11:48pm On Mar 26, 2016
nani212:
Bro, I dont understand. What has women got to do with a barbing salon? Besides I wont be the one operating the barbing salon. I'll just invest and supervise
That's what am saying .. just remember and be much observant
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 1:36am On Mar 27, 2016
barbing saloon, no no no.

Which state are you, let me come to your state, and organize a show for you with that money. Atleast you will see return on investment.

The business has no gain, and who so ever you employ, will finish you.

Just my advice.....

3 Likes

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by bemagnify: 1:51am On Mar 27, 2016
Bro forget barbing,,,any persn dat advice u to go for barbing dos nt mean wel for u since u ar nt d1 managin it,,barbin saloon sales can neva be monitored nd sales is nt guarantee.. am a corps member currently serving in the east and hop to stay here after service,,cum lets partner together in other to open a BETTING SHOP (alredy have a busy location for dat) in that prospect u generate income weekly. It can easily be monitored nd its secured or if u dnt wnt to partner wit me cum i will help u set it up and manage it for u.. If u ar interested send me a mail bemazunity@gmail.com

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by nani212(m): 6:45am On Mar 27, 2016
Businessnaija:
barbing saloon, no no no.

Which state are you, let me come to your state, and organize a show for you with that money. Atleast you will see return on investment.

The business has no gain, and who so ever you employ, will finish you.

Just my advice.....
Bro, do you mean it is not profitable even if I supervise it closely or if I dont supervise closely? what kind of show are u talking about? What guarantee do I have that I'll make profit from the show? I stay in Enugu

1 Like

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by nani212(m): 6:48am On Mar 27, 2016
bemagnify:
Bro forget barbing,,,any persn dat advice u to go for barbing dos nt mean wel for u since u ar nt d1 managin it,,barbin saloon sales can neva be monitored nd sales is nt guarantee.. am a corps member currently serving in the east and hop to stay here after service,,cum lets partner together in other to open a BETTING SHOP (alredy have a busy location for dat) in that prospect u generate income weekly. It can easily be monitored nd its secured or if u dnt wnt to partner wit me cum i will help u set it up and manage it for u.. If u ar interested send me a mail bemazunity@gmail.com
Bro, thanks for your opinion. I'm a novice in the betting shop. If I invest 200000, how long will it take to recover my capital? Which south eastern state are u staying?

1 Like

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by bemagnify: 7:08am On Mar 27, 2016
nani212:
Bro, thanks for your opinion. I'm a novice in the betting shop. If I invest 200000, how long will it take to recover my capital? Which south eastern state are u staying?
6months or less i assure u,,,cntact me as i am servin in abakaliki,,, bt wit barbin it will take more time if at all u didnt run into los

1 Like

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 27, 2016
nani212:
Bro, do you mean it is not profitable even if I supervise it closely or if I dont supervise closely? what kind of show are u talking about? What guarantee do I have that I'll make profit from the show? I stay in Enugu

since you base at Enugu state, and you have alot of friends there, bro, let me come and use your money to organize a show for you, atleast you will see the ROI. But barbing, even if you supervice it or not, you wont gain it, and probably run into big loss.

But with shows, you cant, and moreso, Enugu state love such thing, coupled with my strategies and experience about it, there wont be an slack moment.
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by nani212(m): 9:51am On Mar 27, 2016
More coments and suggestions needed. Lalasticlala please help
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by frugal(m): 8:00am On Sep 08, 2016
nani212:
More coments and suggestions needed. Lalasticlala please help
Don't mind those people. Get a CCTV to do the monitoring, you don't have to be there.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by tollytexy(m): 12:12pm On Sep 08, 2016
Lol na blade and comb u won dey use? Cuz u need think of petrol for generator if na clipper u won dey use

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by salabscholar01(m): 12:14pm On Sep 08, 2016
ok
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by thundabot(f): 12:14pm On Sep 08, 2016
nani212:
Good evening nairalanders, I'm considering setting up a barbing salon in one of the south eastern states. I have 240000 to invest. The main reason I want to set it up is to create another source of income as I currently have a business I'm into. I wont be the one operating the barbing salon but I'll be visiting there to supervise every evening. I'm almost a novice in this field and I'll like people with experience to please advice and give me guidelines on steps to take.

Will 240000 be enough? What will be the right or appropriate salary to pay the barber I will employ? How profitable is the business? How much profit should I expect monthly? Waiting for your suggestions.

OP STOP,JUST CHILL. I MEAN DON'T GO THERE.

I WILL ONLY TRY AS MUCH TO EXPLAIN TO YOU COS I VE BEEN THERE. BESIDES I INVESTED 500K AND WAS FORCED TO WIND UP AFTER 1 YEAR OF OPERATION.

HERE IS THE KEY FACTOR, YOU JUST LIKE MYSELF EMPLOYS A BARBER TO MANAGER THE BIZ MIND YOU BARBERS DONT COME BY EASILY LIKE ITS A SKILL AND COMPETENT BARBERS A REALLY SCARCE, YES.

BUSY WITH WORK NW I WILL UPDATED YOU WITH DETAILS CHECK LATER

PROMISE

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by McBrooklyn(m): 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2016
cc: jonaifame22

He will give you all the advice you need. He is a big time barber cool
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by McBrooklyn(m): 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2016
CornelG:
ok

thundabot:
ok

salabscholar01:
ok

Space bookers association of Nigeria undecided

8 Likes

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by CornelG(m): 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2016
Ok but i will advice you to place the barber on commission rather because that will make him more hardworking especially in this economic hardship where everybody is looking for a small opportunity to get access to money. Because if you place him on salary that will make him lazy believing that whether he works or not he will still earn his salaries after all. But placing him on commission for either a mean time it will make him to work harder knowing that the more he works the more money comes his hards. Goodluck and Wish you success!

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by breakeven: 12:17pm On Sep 08, 2016
Except you are the barber. If not jettison the idea and think of another business period.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by runsboy(m): 12:17pm On Sep 08, 2016
frugal:

Don't mind those people. Get a CCTV to do the monitoring, you don't have to be there.

You nailed my thoughts!

I like this topic, it came at the right time. I was thinking about this barbing salon business yesterday. Following with keen interest

4 Likes

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 08, 2016
Why the negative comments? Bro, I can assure you that it's a very profitable business if you have the right location. And I mean very very profitable. Just do the right packaging. You can open a mega saloon with that amount. About salaries of the Barber, you may have to make it on commission bases like say 20% + or - of total daily sales.

O.k let's do the maths if you have a big saloon with at least two barbers. And each barb at least 20 persons in a day. With the current rate of #200 to barb, the total daily income from the two barbers will be #8000 so let's say you pay each barber a thousand each daily, you are left with #6000. And let's even say you spend #3000 on daily estimates for rent, fuel, electricity bills, and miscellaneous. You are left with a profit of #3000 daily. Multiply that by 26 working days in a month. And you can expand the saloon with time to make it unisex. Don't listen to people who would want o discourage you.. plan well and go for it and don't PM or partner with anybody. Make your findings yourself .all the best

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 08, 2016
frugal:

Uv said it all...

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by ifyalways(f): 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2016
nani212:

I remember starting up this biz as a nursing student in Amaigbo. The guy i put in charge chop the whole money sha. LOL cheesy

My advisory :
Set up and equip the place.
Get a manager, someone well versed in the business.
Agree on an amount he pays you monthly ie he manages, runs the place, pays you salary each month.

That's the only way you'd see penny from the business so long as you are not managing it yourself. Besides, 240K is a big money to invest in barbing business for a novice and starter unless that includes the shop rent itself. Just get basic things : 4 clippers, TV, Generator, chairs, mirror, DSTV or Gotv, sterilizer, powder, etc that should be like 150K max

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2016
nani212:

Listen guy. The truth is most people quoting u are Fraudsters who are ready to steal your 240k. Do not contact any one. They are suggesting betshops and organizing shows as if u will make guaranteed millions once you invest. Every business is a risk. Do not listen to the sugar coated mouths. Go to few barbing salons around and ask questions from shop owners about the risks and gains of barbing business. You can also Google more information. Do not contact anyone on whatsapp or reply pm if u don't want to loose your 240k. Too many fraud going on here

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Wisdomkosi(m): 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2016
I'm a professional barbar. How much are you willing to pay me? I'm interested

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Kennyfancy(m): 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2016
nani212:

am a student in asaba bt i used to work in 1 barbing saloon in warri whnever am free, i must tell u barbing is a very lucrative biz,, i cn giv u advice as i hav always b doing, i hav given advice to at least 2 people 4rm nairaland and they ar doing fined in d business, u can contact me on 08164421812

7 Likes

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by bighuntenter: 12:20pm On Sep 08, 2016
nani212:

. Good decision to go into a business venture. Why not consider starting a small scale gas business with the same amount of money? Gas business is becoming the in thing now. Give it a try and see what happen to your 240k in the next months.

4 Likes

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Babamama: 12:20pm On Sep 08, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by skyenitan04(m): 12:20pm On Sep 08, 2016
i think laundry & drycleaning business is more better than barbing..its my second business dough and its making since..3 years and counting

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Emrixx(f): 12:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
My own candid advice is instead of just barbing saloon why not just make it a unisex saloon,have a section for both u might want to include laundry later but u just have to add something to dat 240k do dat and thank me later

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by power900: 12:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
from my discoveries, I notice people who run their barbing shops themselves makes it more coz even my cousins shop where I barb ,the guy has houses and lands everywhere but the people who gets someone to run their shops always ends up with quarrels and arguments..... that's if you are lucky!!

my 2cents,!!

5 Likes

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
MMM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BVN- Temporary Restriction Of Your Account / 14 Times Nigeria Redesigned Banknotes In The Past (pics) / How To Differentiate A Fake Transfer From An Original One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.