Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,922 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria (15091 Views)

World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation / What Is Best Formation For The Super Eagles / 3 - 4 - 3 Formation For Super Eagles Against Algeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:46am On Mar 27, 2016
Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria

We had an entertaining game and we noted a lot of positive things in that game. Most especially the impressive performances of our youngsters against a top African stars.

Iwobi got his first Super Eagles cap in a competitive game and his pass to Victor Moses showed why the English FA made a last-minute effort to lure the young Arsenal forward to the English side.

Iheanacho showed why he is Manchester City's Best Impact player and Most Lethal Shot Taker with his low power-driven shot saved by the Egyptian goal keeper. Etebo converted an Iheanacho shot that rattled the cross-bar. Iheanacho also showed his versatility when he dropped deep on many occasions to increase the team's fluidity and possession.

Simon Moses was brilliant all through the match and he helped to cover Amuzie when he was off position with Salah exposed. Musa was also brilliant with his perpetrating runs and brilliant shots.

Carl Ikeme's saves helped calm the pain of losing the safe hands of Enyeama. Mikel had a nice game but lost possession on some occasions. Etebo put in good work rate, got the goal and helped distract a Moroccan striker who almost scored after our defence went to sleep during the first half.

Good game collectively but we head to Alexandria, Egypt for a must win tie. I expect the Coaching crew of Coach Siasia and Coach Amunike must have enough knowledge on their players and opponent to give us a win.

I propose we go with a 4-3-3 formation. An attacking line up with three forwards.

----------------------------------Carl Ikeme(GK)----------------------------------------
---------------------Ambrose(CB)----------------Oboabona(CB)------------------
Abdullahi(RB)-----------------------------------------------------------Amuzie(LB)
----------------------Mikel(DMF)-------------------Onazi(DMF)----------------------
--------------------------------------Iwobi(CMF/AMF)--------------------------------
V. Moses(SS)-----------------------------------------------------------S. Moses(SS)
-------------------------------------Iheanacho(CF)------------------------------------------

I feel Odion Ighalo did not bring in invention to his game and limited the team's fluid play. His style of staying close to the defenders all the time will not help the team in Alexandria. At Kaduna, the Egyptian defenders showed they could cope with Ighalo and I feel persisting with him up front will not help our goals.

Iwobi played for Arsenal against Barcelona and did well. He was one of the few bright players in a losing Arsenal side and I feel he can help the team with his brilliant passes. I feel we have found someone who can take the pass master crown from Mikel. Although Mikel brings a lot to the team with his short passes which is key to the team's success.

Onazi should cut his forward runs and let the attacking players do their jobs. Same caution goes to Ambrose. His forward runs were reckless and he put his team mates under a lot of pressure.

I still think Amuzie can cope with Salah if Onazi maintains his position and doubles up with him to stop Salah.

FLY SUPER EAGLES FLY.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by ckmayoca: 11:23am On Mar 27, 2016
The problem wit the ambrose is that he over laps and he can't run, every attackers beats him on 1 on 1 run so he shld learn to always be at the back/middle.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:26am On Mar 27, 2016
ckmayoca:
The problem wit the ambrose is that he over laps and he can't run, every attackers beats him on 1 on 1 run so he shld learn to always be at the back/middle.

Our players lacked disciplined play and I hope the coaching crew works on it. With Onazi expected back, the crew needs to drill it into Onazi and Ambrose heads that they should play their role. Let the attackers do their thing, while they defend. Those reckless runs are not needed in this game in Alexandria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by Theben(m): 12:35pm On Mar 27, 2016
OP, I agree with your line up except for the fact that you had to drop Oghnekaro who was faultless in the first leg for Onazi who i believe is not disciplined enough to cover our lousy central defenders.

2 Likes

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by binhozie(m): 12:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
line up
that will thrash Egypt

.................................... C.Ikeme

Shehu. ........Oboabona ......Ambrose........Amuzie

....................................Mikel

....................Etebo

.,........................................ Iwobi

V. Moses.............A. Musa .............S.Moses

and Siasia should stop blaming the defenders for conceding that goal he should have shored up his defence towards the end planned his sub's better Aminu for iheanacho was unnecessary it should have been Moses for iheanacho then you can cap Iwobi and still have one sub to use Azubuike okechukwu or orji or echejile should have come in to kill time and shore the back. I don't know if he was even watching the opponents they brought in One midfielder and 2 strikers and not all like for like sub's and ur busy bringing in forwards
he better learn Oboabona and Ambrose were not in the u23 tournament and the same thing happened then in the group stage twice

2 Likes

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
Theben:
OP, I agree with your line up except for the fact that you had to drop Oghnekaro who was faultless in the first leg for Onazi who i believe is not disciplined enough to cover our lousy central defenders.

Oghenekaro Etebo was faultless and performed well. Especially in his tracking back to help save an early goal. I also considered Onazi's playing style which lacks a lot of discipline and leaves us exposed.

However, we need someone who can contribute more defensively from the midfield because if Iwobi comes in, we would not need much of Etebo's creative influence.

I would have gone with Azubuike but I have not watched much of his games to give him such a chance in a big game like this.

I dropped Etebo because of Iwobi coming in. Not because he performed poorly.
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
binhozie:
line up
that will thrash Egypt

and Siasia should stop blaming the defenders for conceding that goal he should have shored up his defence towards the end planned his sub's better Aminu for iheanacho was unnecessary it should have been Moses for iheanacho then you can cap Iwobi and still have one sub to use Azubuike okechukwu or orji or echejile should have come in to kill time and shore the back. I don't know if he was even watching the opponents they brought in One midfielder and 2 strikers and not all like for like sub's and ur busy bringing in forwards
he better learn Oboabona and Ambrose were not in the u23 tournament and the same thing happened then in the group stage twice

Someone also pointed out to me that Victor Moses is a better pick than Musa because the Egyptians found a way to contain Musa. The Egyptians were lost when V. Moses came on and he found his way behind the defence of the Egyptians twice.

I agree and I have updated my list. I feel we need someone who can contribute more defensively to the team than Etebo, if we are to deal with Salah's pace.

So I will still pick Onazi over Etebo or I will pick Azubuike.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by binhozie(m): 2:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
Ur points are valid I think Ighalo should sit down for this match I think we need a different type of forward one that can take the ball to the defenders and can stand on there shoulders and beat them with pace going by there high punts or wetin i fit call am upfield from the mildfielders and at some point if we get an early goal we can easily switch to a counter attacking formation with Iwobi moses moses and Musa
Iwobi seems better in giving the final pass than iheanacho.
iheanacho has become too goal hungry he has forgotten who he is
etebo needs to start, don't be deceived Egypt will still park the bus in their home and want to hit us on the counter
onazi will be a good sub if we take the lead to stabilize the team.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
binhozie:
Ur points are valid I think Ighalo should sit down for this match I think we need a different type of forward one that can take the ball to the defenders and can stand on there shoulders and beat them with pace going by there high punts or wetin i fit call am upfield from the mildfielders and at some point if we get an early goal we can easily switch to a counter attacking formation with Iwobi moses moses and Musa
Iwobi seems better in giving the final pass than iheanacho.
iheanacho has become too goal hungry he has forgotten who he is
etebo needs to start
onazi will be a good sub if we take the lead to stabilize the team.

Iheanacho is actually discovering himself. He plays like a natural false 9 attacker. He falls deep and sprays passes. He also has the strength to battle strong defenders and he has the shot power to drive the ball in from outside the 18.

That was makes him the ideal attacker to go against the defensively organized Egyptians.

It is either Iwobi or Etebo plays. We can not choose one and I feel Iwobi is better. His intelligence and brilliant passes will bring the best in our creative forwards.

With Iwobi and Iheanacho, we have two young men who can pass the ball and combine with the Wingers to unlock the defence of Egypt. A quality that Etebo does not have in a large dose when compared to Iwobi and Nacho

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by binhozie(m): 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Iheanacho is actually discovering himself. He plays like a natural false 9 attacker. He falls deep and sprays passes. He also has the strength to battle strong defenders and he has the shot power to drive the ball in from outside the 18.

That was makes him the ideal attacker to go against the defensively organized Egyptians.

It is either Iwobi or Etebo plays. We can not choose one and I feel Iwobi is better. His intelligence and brilliant passes will bring the best in our creative forwards.

With Iwobi and Iheanacho, we have two young men who can pass the ball and combine with the Wingers to unlock the defence of Egypt. A quality that Etebo does not have in a large dose when compared to Iwobi and Nacho

Ah Bro y are you saying Etebo and Iwobi cannot start when Etebo and iheanacho started, iheanacho is worse he only came back once to join the mildfield in that match. Etebo has proved he can handle a withdrawn mildfield role, I suspect Egypt will not go all out attack at home that's y we should start an attack minded team and Etebo covered more ground than I have ever seen onazi cover since the world cup match against france. we Didnt miss him in the first leg,
iheanacho might score 2 goals if he gets 2 and half chances true. but he plays with space in a choked up area he will just shoot, albeit accurately thou but Musa will be better his more mobile they would not be able to handle his runs if Iwobi is sending those passes.
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:42pm On Mar 27, 2016
binhozie:

Ah Bro y are you saying Etebo and Iwobi cannot start when Etebo and iheanacho started, iheanacho is worse he only came back once to join the mildfield in that match. Etebo has proved he can handle a withdrawn mildfield role, I suspect Egypt will not go all out attack at home that's y we should start an attack minded team and Etebo covered more ground than I have ever seen onazi cover since the world cup match against france. we Didnt miss him in the first leg,
iheanacho might score 2 goals if he gets 2 and half chances true. but he plays with space in a choked up area he will just shoot, albeit accurately thou but Musa will be better his more mobile they would not be able to handle his runs if Iwobi is sending those passes.

We played 4-4-2 with Etebo, Mikel in the middle. With Nacho and Ighalo upfront. Iheanacho as a support striker played close to a ten role.

I am talking of switching Iheanacho with Ighalo and replacing Iheanacho with Iwobi.

Iwobi gets to play deeper than Iheanacho did in that game.

Now we have Mikel and Etebo in defensive midfield. That role is not perfect for Etebo because Salah had a field day and ran riot on our defence. We need someone to help Amuzie deal with Salah and I opt for Onazi.

That is where we lose Etebo. Unless you want Etebo to still play as a defensive midfielder. I disagree because we can not leave Salah free on a better pitch with only Amuzie attending to him.

So I pick Iwobi, Mikel, Onazi midfield trio.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
binhozie:

Musa has the runs but he does not have the skill to create a passing cohesive unit up front. I am talking of us building an attacking unit that will work together to unlock the stubborn defence of Egypt.

Iheanacho is better at this than Musa.

Iheanacho dropped deep a lot in that game. I focused on his play a lot. There was a time he exchanged passes with Mikel.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by binhozie(m): 9:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Musa has the runs but he does not have the skill to create a passing cohesive unit up front. I am talking of us building an attacking unit that will work together to unlock the stubborn defence of Egypt.

Iheanacho is better at this than Musa.

Iheanacho dropped deep a lot in that game. I focused on his play a lot. There was a time he exchanged passes with Mikel.

Musa is a well recognized goal scorer in Russia oh bro
The center forward position is his home or left
wing foward he is wrongly used for nigeria,

we shouldn't include our striker in our passing lines bro just the final thru pass because non of them is strong enough to hold up play maybe A. Samuel sha but any body that plays nine will have 3 or 2 markers that day. iheanacho won't be able to move amongst a cluster of defenders and he is not that fast or skilful to get pass them he will just shoot when under pressure that's wat he does we need someone that can wander away from his position drag defenders out and run into space. I am not measuring talent I am just analysing a current need in the team. the reason y iheanacho and ighalo Didnt work in the first leg(first half) is because they are static, they couldn't drag there marker any where,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Our payers lacked disciplined play and I hope the coaching crew works on it. With Onazi expected back, the crew need to drill it into Onazi and Ambrose heads that they should play their role. Let the attackers do their thing, while they defend. Those reckless runs are not needed in this game in Alexandria
.I was very angry with Ambrose's annoying forward runs;he seems to be going forward just for the sake of it.He should learn how to read play and time his runs right.

3 Likes

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
binhozie:

Musa is a well recognized goal scorer in Russia oh bro
The center forward position is his home or left
wing foward he is wrongly used for nigeria,

we shouldn't include our striker in our passing lines bro just the final thru pass because non of them is strong enough to hold up play maybe A. Samuel sha but any body that plays nine will have 3 or 2 markers that day. iheanacho won't be able to move amongst a cluster of defenders and he is not that fast or skilful to get pass them he will just shoot when under pressure that's wat he does we need someone that can wander away from his position drag defenders out and run into space. I am not measuring talent I am just analysing a current need in the team. the reason y iheanacho and ighalo Didnt work in the first leg(first half) is because they are static, they couldn't drag there marker any where,

When you say Iheanacho is static, it is like if you did not watch his play. At times in the game, Iheanacho dropped as deep as the defence, were he exchanged passes with Mikel. He moved to the wings and exchanged passes with Simon Moses and Musa.

He was no where close to static.

If you watched the Brazil vs Uruguay game. Neymar played as the striker with Willian and Douglas Costa as his support.

Neymar played a similar style to a ten, passing balls to Willian and Costa. He then runs in for the cross.

That is what I am suggesting here. If we go with a point man, we lose the cohesive team work of a front three.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by chimah3(m): 7:27am On Mar 28, 2016
Abegiiii
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by lonelydora: 7:27am On Mar 28, 2016
I am not a prophet of doom but I can't bet on this match.

1 Like

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by Flexherbal(m): 7:27am On Mar 28, 2016
Anything that can make Nigeria qualify is wellcome.

1 Like

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by kelv09: 7:28am On Mar 28, 2016
Its all about nigeria-super eagles today
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 28, 2016
grin
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by omolola15(m): 7:32am On Mar 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria

We had an entertaining game and we noted a lot of positive things in that game. Most especially the impressive performances of our youngsters against a top African stars.

Iwobi got his first Super Eagles cap in a competitive game and his pass to Victor Moses showed why the English FA made a last-minute effort to lure the young Arsenal forward to the English side.

Iheanacho showed why he is Manchester City's Best Impact player and Most Lethal Shot Taker with his low power-driven shot saved by the Egyptian goal keeper. Etebo converted an Iheanacho shot that rattled the cross-bar. Iheanacho also showed his versatility when he dropped deep on many occasions to increase the team's fluidity and possession.

Simon Moses was brilliant all through the match and he helped to cover Amuzie when he was off position with Salah exposed. Musa was also brilliant with his perpetrating runs and brilliant shots.

Carl Ikeme's saves helped calm the pain of losing the safe hands of Enyeama. Mikel had a nice game but lost possession on some occasions. Etebo put in good work rate, got the goal and helped distract a Moroccan striker who almost scored after our defence went to sleep during the first half.

Good game collectively but we head to Alexandria, Egypt for a must win tie. I expect the Coaching crew of Coach Siasia and Coach Amunike must have enough knowledge on their players and opponent to give us a win.

I propose we go with a 4-3-3 formation. An attacking line up with three forwards.

----------------------------------Carl Ikeme(GK)----------------------------------------
---------------------Ambrose(CB)----------------Oboabona(CB)------------------
Abdullahi(RB)-----------------------------------------------------------Amuzie(LB)
----------------------Mikel(DMF)-------------------Onazi(DMF)----------------------
--------------------------------------Iwobi(CMF/AMF)--------------------------------
V. Moses(SS)-----------------------------------------------------------S. Moses(SS)
-------------------------------------Iheanacho(CF)------------------------------------------

I feel Odion Ighalo did not bring in invention to his game and limited the team's fluid play. His style of staying close to the defenders all the time will not help the team in Alexandria. At Kaduna, the Egyptian defenders showed they could cope with Ighalo and I feel persisting with him up front will not help our goals.

Iwobi played for Arsenal against Barcelona and did well. He was one of the few bright players in a losing Arsenal side and I feel he can help the team with his brilliant passes. I feel we have found someone who can take the pass master crown from Mikel. Although Mikel brings a lot to the team with his short passes which is key to the team's success.

Onazi should cut his forward runs and let the attacking players do their jobs. Same caution goes to Ambrose. His forward runs were reckless and he put his team mates under a lot of pressure.

I still think Amuzie can cope with Salah if Onazi maintains his position and doubles up with him to stop Salah.

FLY SUPER EAGLES FLY.

Ooooose analyst aye!!

1 Like

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by Section8(m): 7:34am On Mar 28, 2016
I have seen primary 2 boys defend better than eagles

1 Like

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by cbngov25: 7:35am On Mar 28, 2016
binhozie:
line up
that will thrash Egypt

Unfortunately, no Carl ikeme
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by Montaque(m): 7:38am On Mar 28, 2016
They should just stop their overhead passes. The ball should be played on the ground not in the air; we don't have good free kick and corner kick players.
Eagles are known for short level passes not long overhead volley.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by Eleniyan15: 7:38am On Mar 28, 2016
Thank God
better front page material

not snake in the evil shadow...anyway let just enjoy the match come tomaro

2 Likes

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by candyboy244(m): 7:39am On Mar 28, 2016
angry
They better win the match or I'll quit viewing Super Chickens games....its their buziness tho.
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by joxxy01(m): 7:43am On Mar 28, 2016
Ezenwa......
amuzie........ Ambrose....shehu
................onazi.
.................mikel.....
Iheanacho....etebor....iwobi
.. fanendo

1 Like

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by OBTMOS(m): 7:44am On Mar 28, 2016
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 28, 2016
Echiejile should start ahead of Amuzie.

On this big game, experience counts.

I also think Moses should start ahead of Musa and Onazi ahead of Etebo, then we're good to go.

Ighalo was going too deep into their defence, he needs to withdraw to close to the midfield more and play one-two with his attacking partners. It was obvious the Egyptians had a game plan to mark him out and it worked. I expected Siasia to change tactics when he realised that and send Ighalo to the wing. This is what Emenike does, when the one-man attack isn't working.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by Nikkyparadise(m): 7:47am On Mar 28, 2016
Reminise - goalKeeper
Ruggedman - 2
Erriga - 3
Cdq - 5
Chinko ekun - 6
Olamide - 4
Phyno - 7
Burna boi - 11
MI - 10
Falz - 9
Lynxx - 8

SuBs
Ikechukwu - keeper
Psquare
Banky w
Base 1
Mr koker
Lil kesh

wallaiii with ds kind players n formation we go beat eygpt + Brazil put together

hope u knw #I NO WELL OOOH#

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronavirus: All Champions league, Europa league matches postponed indefinitely / Ghana Vs Guinea: AFCON 2015 (3 - 0) On 31st January 2015 / Tobi Amusan: AIU Files Appeal To Court Of Arbitration For Sports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.