Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

The Severity Of Debts - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Severity Of Debts (7318 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Severity Of Debts by Newnas(m): 2:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
Friday Reminder;
Seriousness of debt

Al-Nasaa’i (4605) narrated that Muhammad ibn Jahsh (RadhiyaLlaahu anhu) said:

We were sitting with the Messenger of Allaah (SallaLlaahu alayhi wa sallam) when he raised his head towards the sky, then he put his palm on his forehead and said: “Subhaan-Allaah! What a strict issue has been revealed to me!” We remained silent and were afraid. The following morning I asked him, “O Messenger of Allaah, what is this strict issue that has been revealed?” He said, “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, if a man were killed in battle for the sake of Allaah, then brought back to life, then killed and brought back to life again, then killed, and he owed a debt, he would not enter Paradise until his debt was paid off.” [Saheeh al-Nasaa’i, 4367.]

In this materialistic world where the focus has become running after the whims and fulfilling whatsoever the heart desires, we tend to lose focus on our real goals and begin taking certain matters that are forbidden or discouraged in Islam, too lightly. And the matter of taking lawful loans and being in debt is definitely one of them.

This is to say the least, the severity of a Muslim dying while indebted, so much that even a man who fought for the sake of Allaah and was martyred, and was given the opportunity to be resuscitated and martyred over and over again, would not be granted the mercy of the Paradise, until his debts are fully settled, either by his family members or Friends.

So the Messenger of Allaah (sallaLlaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: “The soul of the believer is suspended because of his debt until it is paid off.” [Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1078.]

Today, we find people who seek for loan from individuals, micro-finance institutions, Government bodies, without the frank intention to pay back. Some of the beneficiaries are of the twisted opinion that, the FG's properties is everybody’s property, and therefore hold back from paying for what they were loaned.

Abu Hurayrah (RadhiyaLlaahu anhu), narrated that, the Prophet (SallaLlaahu alayhi wa sallam) said:

“The one who gets married with the intention not to pay dowry to his wife is a fornicator. And the one who borrows money with the intention not to pay back is a thief.”
[Ibn Hibban in ‘al-Majruheen’ (2/261) No. 941]

We should try to avoid borrowing except its absolutely necessary because, inability to pay or pay as at when due may lead to other evils. It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say in his prayer: “O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from sin and heavy debt).” Someone said to him: “How often you seek refuge from heavy debt!” He said: “When a man gets into debt, he speak and tells lies, and he makes a promise and breaks it.” [al-Bukhaari, 832 and Muslim, 589.]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) refrained from offering the funeral prayer for one who had died owing two dinars, until Abu Qataadah (may Allaah be pleased with him) promised to pay it off for him. When he saw him the following day and said, I have paid it off, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Now his skin has become cool for him.” [Musnad Ahmad(3/629).]

Don’t let us wait till the day of judgement before we settle our scores (one of which is payment of debt) because, on that day there will be no Naira nor Dollar and we can only pay back either with our hasanaat (good deeds) or collect sayi’aat (bad deeds) of people we’re indebted to.

Ya Allaah, I seek refuge with You from sin and heavy debt.

#copied

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Severity Of Debts by Mutuwa(m): 2:19pm On Mar 27, 2016
Jazak Allahu khairan.
A wonderful piece

3 Likes

Re: The Severity Of Debts by Newnas(m): 2:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
Mutuwa:
Jazak Allahu khairan. A wonderful piece
Aameen wa iyyaak.
Actually, it was written by someone else, I only shared it here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Severity Of Debts by Mutuwa(m): 2:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
Newnas:

Aameen wa iyyaak.

Actually, it was written by someone else, I only shared it here.

It's very wonderful.Very unfortunate also that not all and sundry know the consequences of debts.
Please try and send to all your whatsapp group chat and individual chat to enlighten themselves on it.

7 Likes

Re: The Severity Of Debts by olayinka63: 12:35pm On Apr 01, 2016
Jazakumullahu khayra. We don't use to count debts as something with higher priority. Let's have the mind of paying back our debts, remember everything we does is recorded.

2 Likes

Re: The Severity Of Debts by LANRYUS(m): 12:36pm On Apr 01, 2016
Jazaka llahu khaera

1 Like

Re: The Severity Of Debts by aminho(m): 12:36pm On Apr 01, 2016
inallhamdulillahi wa kafah

2 Likes

Re: The Severity Of Debts by ratchy: 3:01pm On Apr 01, 2016
Today's sermon

I was really touched by listening to the Imam

Learnt alot about debts

Jazakumllah khairan

2 Likes

Re: The Severity Of Debts by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 01, 2016
jazakallahu khayran

1 Like

Re: The Severity Of Debts by highskies(m): 9:08pm On Apr 01, 2016
Jazakallahu khairan
Re: The Severity Of Debts by Newnas(m): 8:13am On Apr 02, 2016
Aameen wa iyyaakum

(1) (Reply)

Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 / Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? / The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.