Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. (57028 Views)

McCaughey Septuplets: Lady Who Gave Birth To 7 Children 21 Years Ago / 53-Year-Old Lady Who Got Married In 2014 Welcomes A Bouncing Baby Boy (Photos) / Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As Unmarried. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Toks2008(m): 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2016
It is no longer news that tradition is the opium of the people and no one is contending that.

But when it comes to marriage,while some believe that without paying of bride price,the man can not be said to be married to a lady and some believe that without the white wedding,a marriage can not be said to have received GOD's blessings.

Well i'm not here to discus on that aspect of marriage and i had to drop this quick one as a result of the mentioned i got on a thread relating to this.

[size=13pt]I am not sorry to write this...

Any married lady who never had a legal wedding otherwise called Court or registry wedding is as good as single.Quote me anywhere in the world.
[/size]

And this is very true for some reasons but i will mention a few.

1. He can not just wake up one day and say he does not like your face again and send you out of your matrimonial home.
2. He dares not marry another wife except he divorces you
3. He must have a valid reason for divorcing you and must be able to convince the court.
4. You have protection under the law for yourself and your child(ren) in case he dies

I can continue to list several other reasons but let me just stop here.If you like, say you trust your husband,he loves you,he can never treat you bad..O.Y.O lo wa.

If you like let the man spend 1billion on your traditional wedding and do a white,blue,green,indigo wedding with a trillion naira. The fact is that these two ceremonies combined with all the money spent is not as binding and constitutional as a simple court wedding with just 4 people in attendance.

Unfortunately we have seen many people getting away with bad acts despite the fact that they had a legal wedding but the reason is because the affected individual usually lets go without putting up a fight due to high cost of legal battle and no thanks to parents and family members who always preach to them that "what is yours will always stay with you" and that they should let go which i see as stories for the gods.

Ladies be wise..as an endangered specie in the cruel world of men,legal wedding was specifically created to protect more of the lady's marital right so take advantage of it or ignore at your own risk.

I will stop here.

92 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Omotayor123(f): 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2016
I disagree cry

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by goodmorning40: 9:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
What about protection of the man right what If it is the woman that wake up one day and say she doesn't like his face any more

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Toks2008(m): 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2016
goodmorning40:
What about protection of the man right what If it is the woman that wake up one day and say she doesn't like his face any more

Its more of a woman's protection but it also applies to men.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Cutehector(m): 9:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
Reaaly, I sure will come snatch ur fiancee soon
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by LuveU2(f): 9:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Toks2008(m): 9:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
Omotayor123:
I disagree cry

I have always known you to state reasons.

2 Likes

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Toks2008(m): 9:19pm On Mar 27, 2016
Cutehector:
Reaaly, I sure will come snatch ur fiancee soon

Even in your dreams you fittin't

7 Likes

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Cutehector(m): 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
Toks2008:

Even in your dreams you fittin't
grin toks my brother, there is a register dat couples sign in church on their wedding day, I think it's a court register or smth.. wat hav u to say on that?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by kaziblake(f): 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
You are very correct,i concur.
1-Introduction ceremony

2-traditional marriage.

3-court marriage

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Toks2008(m): 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2016
Cutehector:
grin toks my brother, there is a register dat couples sign in church on their wedding day, I think it's a court register or smth.. wat hav u to say on that?

Whatever it is, as long as it can pass for the government registry,ogala
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Toks2008(m): 9:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
kaziblake:
You are very correct,i concur.
1-Introduction ceremony

2-traditional marriage.

3-court marriage

Fair enough.
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Cutehector(m): 9:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
Toks2008:

Whatever it is, as long as it can pass for the government registry,ogala
cool so dat means d marriage is legal then.. people who just do only court marriage stil divorce so...
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Omotayor123(f): 9:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
Toks2008:

I have always known you to state reasons.

The reasons are obvious my dear Toks2008.
My parent didn't get married in court ; Does that makes my mum single And to think my dad will wake one day and send her packing is imposibility that can never be possible cheesy grin

Besides, court marriage doesn't stop a crazy/unfaithful man from being crazy/unfaithful. It doesn't even stop them from impregnating another woman. 'At worst you will call for divorce'!

The important thing is marrying a good man your bone and flesh, even without any form of marriage, he will cherish and Love you!

101 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Toks2008(m): 9:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
Cutehector:
cool so dat means d marriage is legal then.. people who just do only court marriage stil divorce so...

lol!

Court wedding is not a license to live forever as man and wife,it only sanitizes the institution because of the madness some people display.

7 Likes

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Toks2008(m): 9:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
Omotayor123:

The reasons are obvious my dear Toks2008.
My parent didn't get married in court ; Does that makes my mum single And to think my dad will wake one day and send her packing is imposibility that can never be possible cheesy grin

Besides, court marriage doesn't stop a crazy/unfaithful man from being crazy/unfaithful. It doesn't even stop them from impregnating another woman. 'At worst you will call for divorce'!

The important thing is marrying a good man your bone and flesh, even without any form of marriage, he will cherish and Love you!

And does all these change the necessity? definitely not.

You need to read more about statutory marriages. The point is that your rights are not trampled on and cogent reasons must be stated for any crazy action.

Many Nigerians only stop at filling for divorce but in developed world, any crazy act comes with its own penalty.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by ednut1(m): 9:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
op is surely one of those guys wey no fit toast babe

8 Likes

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Cutehector(m): 9:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
Toks2008:

lol!

Court wedding is not a license to live forever as man and wife,it only sanitizes the institution because of the madness some people display.
leme ask u, do people make any vows in a court wedding?
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Toks2008(m): 9:44pm On Mar 27, 2016
Cutehector:
leme ask u, do people make any vows in a court wedding?

LOBATAN.

Confirmed vow with ring to cement am and signature to stamp am then certificate is given as evidence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Cutehector(m): 9:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
Toks2008:

LOBATAN.

Confirmed vow with ring to cement am and signature to stamp am then certificate is given as evidence.
na him b say I don marry b dat na!

But Nigerian girls too dey like all dis fantasy nonsense.. if u reason court marriage to dem nw, dem no go gree

4 Likes

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Toks2008(m): 9:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
ednut1:
op is surely one of those guys wey no fit toast babe

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Danfuster(m): 9:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
all this reasons and y'all female folks still wailing for gender equality... What is it y'all really want. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by NEHLIVE: 9:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
So what's the protection for the man. Y'all ladies always thinking of yourselves alone.

1 Like

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Toks2008(m): 9:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
Cutehector:
na him b say I don marry b dat na!

But Nigerian girls too dey like all dis fantasy nonsense.. if u reason court marriage to dem nw, dem no go gree

Na cultural thing.

western world value legal wedding like kilode...sweet chic go just ffollow you go registry and gbam you don marry...maybe just 4people in attendance.

Shebbi this is why many naija girls still dey single...always flambouyant.

1 Like

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Toks2008(m): 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
Danfuster:
all this reasons and y'all female folks still wailing for gender equality... What is it y'all really want. undecided

A thread is loading on why i want gender equality bill to be approved..cant wait for ladies to start walking up to guys to woo them and even propose marriage to them openly...abi you no like that parole?

2 Likes

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Cutehector(m): 9:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
Toks2008:

Na cultural thing.

western world value legal wedding like kilode...sweet chic go just ffollow you go registry and gbam you don marry...maybe just 4people in attendance.

Shebbi this is why many naija girls still dey single...always flambouyant.
u see. And dat is just d truth. Ladies always attach so much to church weDdins. Oh mehn by the time they think abt pre-nup, fear nor go let dem divorce. grin my broda u r right! Court weddin is awesome!

1 Like

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by ican2020: 10:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
the op is 100% right

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Danfuster(m): 10:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
Toks2008:

A thread is loading on why i want gender equality bill to be approved..cant wait for ladies to start walking up to guys to woo them and even propose marriage to them openly...abi you no like that parole?

This world is already theirs, every none living thing that's fine is regarded as she. Buy a Mustang car and we still gone say "she's beautiful" even when we all know what a Mustang is, y'all ladies be rocking our wears, making it all expensive for us to buy cos you help shoot up the demand... We didn't complain and still, you trying to take our "AGBADA". Bunch of insatiable greedy human specie angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by decatalyst(m): 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
Saying you are married (actually single) without a muslim prayer or church wedding and more importantly, legal paper, is like winning a contract without it signed or a seal placed on it. lipsrsealed

All of Una Wey dey live together and raising kids and forming married, alle le...oya to the court! grin

1 Like

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Danfuster(m): 10:35pm On Mar 27, 2016
the only reason I would do a legal wedding is cos you never know when you might need it for legal processes. All I'm concerned for is introduction and traditional wedding, if that's not enough for "her" then she can go marry "her" father

2 Likes

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by 44chux(m): 12:13am On Mar 28, 2016
ican2020:
the op is 100% right
Op is 100% wrong. All can be regularised and legally binding.

Just like births & deaths of old, one is required to register the trad marriage at the council office. When u process any doc together as a couple, it can be used in the absence of a registry marriage cert. Even UK & US embassy accept it.

The white wed cert is collected from and returned to the council for filling after the wedding(form-e 1st schedule). Apart from the customization of church name and branch, etc printed on it, it looks similar to the registry cert. The church collect it as a booklet. Duringthe ceremony u sign 3 copies, one for you, the church, and the registrg

Finally, the registry marriage cert albeit most important, is the simplest of all. Its just a generic form where 2 people fill with 2 witnesses that they agree to the marriage. The witnesses don't need to be family members except one of the candidate is a minor. Even the venue can be anywhere and filled by hand by a minister or registrar

The 3 of them become legal once they are hand written into the marriage register with no and date. People can even back date their wedding by years if they are ready to pay. The clerk just goes to a day in that month that has space in the register and manually writes it in.

If Op was legally married, he would have known.

8 Likes

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Fiwasayo(f): 5:23am On Mar 28, 2016
I doubt if ladies these days go ahead and start living with a man without doing the legal thing.....going to the registry is now a very important part of a wedding.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Have Arrested My Wife / Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age / "My Wife Secretly Married Another Man, Tried To Poison Me & Sell My Duplex"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.