Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died (40224 Views)

Holy Apostles Church Members Protest Against Closure Of Their Church By Police / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
Manueleee:
Th cost of following Christ. These are men that hunger for JESUS. God give me the grace to be like these GREAT MEN.
his real name is called " YAHUSHUA ". the name " jesus " is fake. the Real name of God is " AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH ".

Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Junior66(m): 1:28pm On Mar 28, 2016
NegeduGrace:
Thank you jesus..your grace is enough
Oma Etele, abele ke? Ugbo uwe de abajoi?
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by NegeduGrace(f): 1:30pm On Mar 28, 2016
Junior66:
Oma Etele, abele ke? Ugbo uwe de abajoi?
ucholafia omaye..u di kogi
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
read Revelation 1:13-15 carefully. the real description of "YAHUSHUA" aka jesus. click and read my facebook page for more information https://m.facebook.com/Hebrew-Israelite-Philosophy-810628495726004/ . Religion is fake. only believe in AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH(God).

Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by v4vendetta: 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
777philosopher:
read Revelation 1:13-15 carefully. the real description of "YAHUSHUA" aka jesus. click and read my facebook page for more information https://m.facebook.com/Hebrew-Israelite-Philosophy-810628495726004/ . Religion is fake. only believe in AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH(God).
your own case is even far away from the doubters that you are more interested in their skin colors and names,maybe God name is fake too

2 Likes

Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Junior66(m): 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
NegeduGrace:
ucholafia omaye..u di kogi
ankpa e'dei ba? ugbo ujewn easter mi de?
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Exodus23v25(m): 1:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
May God Almighty give us d grace to be for Him in time of Abundance and Draught.....
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by NegeduGrace(f): 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
Junior66:

ankpa e'dei ba? ugbo ujewn easter mi de?
yes oo,u di anyigba achiskul..hahaha..etakpa meu
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
Exodus23v25:
May God Almighty give us d grace to be for Him in time of Abundance and Draught.....
point of correction, his real name is AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH.
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
gozzlin:
Lies! There is no iota of veracity in these claims.

There's no single place in the Bible where the death of any of the original apostles was recorded except Judas who hanged himself. Any other claims outside the Supreme authority of the Bible are mere conjectures and utter fallacy.

Besides, how can God allow His first apostles to die such gruesome deaths? I refuse to believe these myths.
the bible itself is a myth. #justsaying
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 28, 2016
Kyri:
the bible itself is a myth. #justsaying
it is not a myth. every thing that happened has been verified scientifically, acheologically, and historically. and it is an African History is Bible. the hebrew israelites are West Africans, Southern Africans, East Africans and 85% of Black Diaspora.
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Junior66(m): 2:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
NegeduGrace:
yes oo,u di anyigba achiskul..hahaha..etakpa meu
omi onugo d'i Anyigba abajoi, ona Egume Igbele. See u soon. number whatsapp mi de 07032640620. Iche e send mi msg kewn. nice to meet you.
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
777philosopher:
his real name is called " YAHUSHUA ". the name " jesus " is fake. the Real name of God is " AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH ".
noted. But wots d topic?
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Exodus23v25(m): 2:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
777philosopher:
point of correction, his real name is AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH.

Can u please translate AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH to English... Thanks
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
gozzlin:

There's no single place in the Bible where the death of any of the original apostles was recorded except Judas who hanged himself. Any other claims outside the Supreme authority of the Bible are mere conjectures and utter fallacy.

Besides, how can God allow His first apostles to die such gruesome deaths? I refuse to believe these myths.
it's no blasphemy find time to read your bible
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by professore(m): 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
Thank you Jesus
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Themandator: 3:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Our preachers of today cannot give such messages the apostles gave that led to their death by gruesome means. They rather preach what will cheer the people and not what will prick their hearts. What a great shame!

God make me a true soldier, I will die at my post!

#itpaystoserveJesus

You can fil the vacuum.....preach that which they don't preach after all the boo of revelation makes it clear that we have two ministry: priest 2:king

He died so we can reign as priest....preacher and as king....power ,authority, influence, here on the earth unto our God.
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Innomach(m): 3:17pm On Mar 28, 2016
gozzlin:

In case you don't know, some books authored by historians that lived before that period and afterwards are still in existence to support some of the claims. Mind you, the Bible is not flawless as we are made to believe. If you really wants to know more about God and Jesus existence, you should look beyond the biblical account.
Even in the case of Judas that you mentioned, the Bible gave two contradicting accounts. It's only those that goes extra mile can understand and explain why there are contradictions in the Bible.
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by masseratti: 4:06pm On Mar 28, 2016
gozzlin:

illiterate, the new testament was written by the apostles, there is no way they would av recorded their own death in it.
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 28, 2016
Wat anyone would face after the rapture if he/she doesnt make it.. would be worse than this....
God make me clean.. amen... pls remove boobs and asses around... dats my weakness...

1 Like

Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 28, 2016
DeHero1:
I pledge allegiance to the Lamb
You must be a sheep sad
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
Exodus23v25:

Can u please translate AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH to English... Thanks
ok. my friend. it means I AM WHO I AM. it is a ancient hebrew word used by our ancient hebrew israelite ancestors for the Creator of Heaven and Earth. read Exodus 3:13-15 (KJV)
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by dhemmyhardy(m): 5:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
gozzlin:

So How can God decide to allow is Son Jesus Christ to die such gruesome Death?? You Need to answer this

Dhemmyhardy
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
professore:
Thank you Jesus
my friend, point of correction. it is : Thank you YAHUSHUA .note: jesus is a fake name. the satanic white european bible scholars changed the names in the bible, and replaced them with fake names. the real name of God is AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH. read Exodus 3:13-15.
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by olajigaolamide: 6:33pm On Mar 28, 2016
The early christians truly suffered for christ. they gave up their worldly comfort for the sake of evangelizing the world
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by BabaAgba001(m): 6:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
[color=#000099][/color][quote][/quote][center][/center]I remain loyal to the last.
A
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Our preachers of today cannot give such messages the apostles gave that led to their death by gruesome means. They rather preach what will cheer the people and not what will prick their hearts. What a great shame!

God make me a true soldier, I will die at my post!

#itpaystoserveJesus
They cant if they do you wont come to church again then it means the church is losing customers and if they lose customers sales and profit will go down and they may not be able to live large. On the other hand, do the customers want to hear such preaching.
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Natureboy22: 12:29am On Mar 29, 2016
Exodus23v25:
AMEN!!!
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Nobody: 1:26am On Mar 29, 2016
olajigaolamide:
The early christians truly suffered for christ. they gave up their worldly comfort for the sake of evangelizing the world
Leave Religion. Religion is bad. just obey the commandments and laws in the Bible. the true day of worship is Saturday. the seventh day that AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH-the creator of heaven and earth, when he rested. not sunday.

Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by aariwa(m): 1:46am On Mar 29, 2016
dunkem21:
Jesus’ death on the cross, as described in the New
Testament, has become one of the most famous
events. But what happened to the 12 disciples who
were his closest followers? Not as much information
has survived about their fates, but here is what’s
available from various sources, including the New
Testament itself, apocryphal texts, early Christian
historians, legends and lore.
1.• Simon, AKA Peter: Simon-Peter, who was appointed by Jesus the leader of the new sect, is viewed by Roman Catholics as the first pope, was eventually martyred in Rome during the reign of the emperor Nero.

As the story goes, Peter asked to be crucified upside
down, so that his death would not be the equal of
Jesus and the Romans supposedly obliged.

2. • Andrew: According to 15th Century religious historian
Dorman Newman, Andrew—the brother of Peter—went
to Patras in western Greece in 69 AD, where the Roman
proconsul Aegeates debated religion with him.
Aegeates tried to convince Andrew to forsake
Christianity, so that he would not have to torture and
execute him. But when that didn’t work, apparently he
decided to give Andrew the full treatment. Andrew was scourged, and then tied rather than nailed to a cross, so that he would suffer for a longer time before dying.
Andrew lived for two days, during which he preached to
passersby.

3. • James (son of Zebedee, AKA James the Greater):
Acts 12:1-19 says that James was killed with a sword. The newly-appointed governor of Judea, Herod Agrippa, decided to ingratiate himself with the Romans by persecuting leaders of the new sect. After James was arrested and led to place of execution, his unnamed accuser was moved by his courage. He not only repented and converted on the spot, but asked to be
executed alongside James. The Roman executioners obliged, and both men were beheaded simultaneously.

5.• John: John was the only one of the original disciplesnot to die a violent death.
Instead, he passed away peacefully in Patmos in his old age, sometime around 100 AD.

6.• Philip: Philip, the first of Jesus’ disciples, became a missionary in Asia. Eventually, he traveled to the Egyptian city of Heliopolis, where he was scourged, thrown into prison, and crucified in 54 AD.

7. • Bartholomew: Bartholomew supposedly preached in several countries, including India, where he translated the Gospel of Matthew for believers. In one account, “impatient idolaters” beat Bartholomew and then crucified him, while in another, he was skinned alive
and then beheaded.

8.• Thomas: Apparently Thomas preached the gospel in Greece and India, where he angered local religious authorities, who martyred him by running him through with a spear.

9. • Matthew: According to legend, the former tax
collector turned missionary was martyred in Ethiopia, where he was supposedly stabbed in the back by an swordsman sent by King Hertacus, after he criticized the king’s morals.

10. • James (son of Alphaeus, AKA James the Less):
According to Foxe, James, who was elected by his fellow believers to head the churches of Jerusalem, was one of the longest-lived apostles, perhaps exceeded only by John. At the age of 94, he was beaten and stoned by persecutors, and then killed him by hitting him in the head with a club.

11.• Thaddaeus, AKA Lebbaeus, Judas or Jude: According to several stories, he was crucified at Edessa (the name of cities in both Turkey and Greece) in 72 AD.

4. *Simon the Canaanite AKA the Zealot: Simon preached in Mauritania on the west coast of Africa, and then went to England, where[b] he was crucified in 74 AD.
[/b]

12. • Judas Iscariot: According to Matthew 27:3-6, the treacherous apostle quickly felt remorse over his betrayal of Jesus and went to the Temple to recant.
When the high priests ignored his plea, he threw downthe 30 pieces of silver that he had been paid, and went off and hanged himself. But Acts 1:15-20, gives a
different and even grislier version of Judas’ demise. He says that Judas used the blood money to purchase a
piece of land and then fell headlong from a high place there, so that “he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.” Jerusalem residents subsequently named the place Aceldama, which means “the field of blood.”

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/killing-jesus/articles/how-did-the-apostles-die/
Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by Nobody: 3:33am On Mar 29, 2016
[quote author=aariwa post=44204992][/quote]

Re: How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died by charlsecy(m): 10:52am On Mar 30, 2016
gozzlin:
I don't think your submission is in order. Perhaps, you hardly read the Bible yourself for you to say "no single place in the Bible where the death of any of the original apostles was recorded except Judas." Acts 12 makes it clear that James was killed by Herod with the sword. John 21:18-19 indicates that Peter would be led to his death in an unpleasant manner.

It is true that the Bible doesn't record the deaths of other apostles or disciples, but that is not enough to disregard records of how they died from other sources as fallacy. Better, those records are tradition, and the Bible neither confirms nor denies the stories. Seeing how James died, how Peter's death would be, and how the early church was persecuted, we shouldn't be a in a hurry to disregard them as "mere conjectures and utter fallacy."
At best, we do not know how these other apostles died!

gozzlin:
... how can God allow His first apostles to die such gruesome deaths?
The basis of your unbelief is not sound. Christianity is not necessarily immunity to "disaster." John 21:18-19, Jesus Himself predicted how Peter would die; and it wasn't a "cool" death. James died a "gruesome" death. Now I ask you, "is it now possible for God to allow His first apostles to die gruesome deaths?"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement / Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle / Have You Purchase Your Anointed Water From T.b Joshua?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.