Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Why Do People Celebrate A Living Jesus Using His Crucifix - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Celebrate A Living Jesus Using His Crucifix (641 Views)

Tree Breaks, Falls On Man's Car: "When You Serve A Living God" / See What Happened In Nasarawa After A Crucifix Appeared In A Mosque / Nasa's Rover Spots Crucifix, Ruined Church On Mars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Celebrate A Living Jesus Using His Crucifix by ifdaeg(m): 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
I have been a christian for many years and yet one thing still puzzles me. Its the fact that during Easter celebration, Christians world use a sign of Jesus still nailed to the cross to mark his power over death. My confusion is how do people celebrate a living King using his dead on the cross pic.
Fact is 1. He is risen, no more hanging on the cross(matt 28:6-7)
2. He sits at the right hand of the father(colosians 3:1)
3.He was seen of men(luke 24:38-40)
If there is anything am missing in this my observation please someone should enlighten me
Re: Why Do People Celebrate A Living Jesus Using His Crucifix by ATMC(f): 2:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
Revelation is progressive. In other words, understanding grows...the generation that began repping risen Jesus with crucified Jesus didn't know better than this present generation so it is of us to correct. BTW, good observation.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Celebrate A Living Jesus Using His Crucifix by Captain001(m): 11:17pm On Mar 28, 2016
My brother this happens when people practice christianity as a religion rather than a lifestyle. A lot of unconscious idolatry in the church going on today.
Re: Why Do People Celebrate A Living Jesus Using His Crucifix by Nobody: 12:26am On Mar 29, 2016
lolssssss.... dey are the confused... wink
Re: Why Do People Celebrate A Living Jesus Using His Crucifix by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 29, 2016
ifdaeg:
I have been a christian for many years and yet one thing still puzzles me. Its the fact that during Easter celebration, Christians world use a sign of Jesus still nailed to the cross to mark his power over death. My confusion is how do people celebrate a living King using his dead on the cross pic.
If there is anything am missing in this my observation please someone should enlighten me
Here is St Paul:
1 Corinthians 1:23
but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a
stumbling block, and to Gentiles foolishness,
Re: Why Do People Celebrate A Living Jesus Using His Crucifix by UyiIredia(m): 3:36pm On Mar 29, 2016
Well that should have some symbolic meaning as to the significance of Christ's death. In truth for the risen Christ the sbol is an empty cross.
Re: Why Do People Celebrate A Living Jesus Using His Crucifix by ifdaeg(m): 7:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
Papist:

Here is St Paul:
1 Corinthians 1:23
but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a
stumbling block, and to Gentiles foolishness,
Note: Christ crucified is past tense according to my english teacher. He never said we preach Christ being crucified which is present continuos tense. The sign of Christ hanging on the cross is both present and continuos sign.
Re: Why Do People Celebrate A Living Jesus Using His Crucifix by ifdaeg(m): 7:40pm On Mar 29, 2016
UyiIredia:
Well that should have some symbolic meaning as to the significance of Christ's death. In truth for the risen Christ the sbol is an empty cross.
On the contrary I thing the best sign still remains an empty tomb with our risen king standing above it as a sign of conquest. @empty cross might denote He set himself free from crucifiction as demanded by one of the thieves by his side but He died on that cross and was buried from where his conquest over death happened
Re: Why Do People Celebrate A Living Jesus Using His Crucifix by UyiIredia(m): 7:45pm On Mar 29, 2016
ifdaeg:
On the contrary I thing the best sign still remains an empty tomb with our risen king standing above it as a sign of conquest. @empty cross might denote He set himself free from crucifiction as demanded by one of the thieves by his side but He died on that cross and was buried from where his conquest over death happened

Okay then.
Re: Why Do People Celebrate A Living Jesus Using His Crucifix by lepasharon(f): 7:54pm On Mar 29, 2016
The cross is a pagan symbol.
Re: Why Do People Celebrate A Living Jesus Using His Crucifix by jayriginal: 8:16pm On Mar 29, 2016
ATMC:
Revelation is progressive. In other words,

Cleverspeak for winging it.
Re: Why Do People Celebrate A Living Jesus Using His Crucifix by Ubenedictus(m): 9:19pm On Mar 29, 2016
Papist:
Here is St Paul: 1 Corinthians 1:23 but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block, and to Gentiles foolishness,
AMEN
Re: Why Do People Celebrate A Living Jesus Using His Crucifix by otemanuduno: 10:13pm On Mar 29, 2016
ifdaeg:

maybe he is possibly dead forever grin
Faulkin(Jesus) is dead and all Christians are Necromancers.

(1) (Reply)

Mentalism - All Is Mind / Who Drank It??? / Life Can Be Hard At Times, Am Confused And Wanted To Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.