|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,294,277 members, 5,039,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2019 at 01:54 AM
3 Sins Every Pregnant Woman Is Guilty Of / "I Shall Resign If Found Guilty Of Inflating OAUSU Bus Price"--OAUSU President / 8 Words We Pronounce Wrongly Everyday – Everyone Is Guilty Of No 5 (2) (3) (4)
|Most Of Us Are Guilty Of These by WithX(m): 3:29pm On Mar 28, 2016|
it is so evident that most of us could not even remember the compound name of some household item. We easily go with the monopolized name (or should call it goodwill name)
1. SEASONING CUBE/ BOUILLON CUBE; did I hear someone says Maggi already? this still exist till date. You hear mum says Junior go buy maggi for me, and Junior will ask mum which type? is it knorr or maggi gangan?
pls there are more than hundred brands of seasoning out there, next time u need one just say the brand name.
indomie generation will relate more with this. Aboki give me indomie [/b]we all say not minding which brand he prepares. Dufil had successful brainwashed all of us to forget the other brands exist, there "mama do good o" advert really got me.
Ask Junior what he will eat and he will tell you, uncle I want indomie but it should be chikki.
3. DETERGENT; ->[b]Omo, though this is quite loosing it. Unilever have mellowed down on the advert of this product and its fast loosing its goodwill but that not withstanding, some of us still call out omo even if we want to buy another brand of detergent.
4. TOOTHPASTE; the good old days when Maxam, MacLean and Dent'o clean rules the toothpaste world is over it is closeup that is strategically taking the Barton from Maclean who rules the industry in the 80's. Though there is a tight battle for supremacy here, you see a man of the 80's saying 'give me Maclean but its pepsodent that I want'
Likewise you see a kid of the late 90's saying I want to buy closeup even if he wants Colgate. But with the way things are going its just a matter of time before either pepsodent ,Colgate or Oral B takes over.
5. DIAPERS: When we need to get a diaper for our little ones, no other name comes to mine other that Pampers. Madam give me Pampers, Which one Oga?. I dont see this changing very soon becos even Tiwa using it on baby Jamil will make us continue calling Pampers even if we have another brand of diapers in mind.
6. Mods; The rate at which Nairalanders mentions lalasticlala (not even Seun gets close to his mentions) , a new member or guest will easily takes it to mean Moderator. we have other moderators like LASTICLALA, Ishilove, Mukina2 ......
7. Add yours
|Re: Most Of Us Are Guilty Of These by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 28, 2016|
U are freaking right
|Re: Most Of Us Are Guilty Of These by iykekelvins(m): 3:37pm On Mar 28, 2016|
Lol, So true
|Re: Most Of Us Are Guilty Of These by xender(m): 3:58pm On Mar 28, 2016|
is a truth O
|Re: Most Of Us Are Guilty Of These by SULBELL(m): 11:14pm On Mar 28, 2016|
WithX:So true op. Ur post just remind mr of a verbal reasoning exercise assignment given to one of my nephew some years ago. They are to choose the option that represent others and the options are
A. Honey well B. Noodles. C. Indomie. D. Chikki
Do u know what the dude chose? Ur guess is as good as mine, he chose option C with pride. interestingly, some agbaya around could not spot the error in his answer
|Re: Most Of Us Are Guilty Of These by WithX(m): 2:30pm On Mar 31, 2016|
come and see o, its time for correction.
Adewunmi84:Abeg help me tell them o.
|Re: Most Of Us Are Guilty Of These by agarawu23(m): 5:15pm On Mar 31, 2016|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57